audi tt

Posted 711 day(s) ago 2844 Views 183 Replies
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3

audi tt

anyone own one?

If you are looking at one, just make sure its still under factory warranty. You're gonna need it.
    3 users like Filthy's post: Aurora, Hastur, lauderdaleOU

I have driven one before. Fun car to drive.

i used to have an Audi A4. great cars, but like someone said, make sure it's under warranty.... and if there is an offer for an extended warranty, you might get that also. repairs and parts are not cheap on Audis

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

I don't have a daughter or a wife, so no....

so decided not to get the kid a 98 vette but now looking at an Audi? Is that what this thread is ... just buy your overly exceptional son a porche

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    so decided not to get the kid a 98 vette but now looking at an Audi? Is that what this thread is ... just buy your overly exceptional son a porche
    he turns 15 1/2 in a couple weeks....time to buy him a car...
    he likes the tt and the 350z.....but the z is only a 2 seater.....

Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    Get the R8.
    mazda?
    don't know much about them....but i have seen alot of them advertised with "new engine"......so i didn't go much further..

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    mazda?
    don't know much about them....but i have seen alot of them advertised with "new engine"......so i didn't go much further..
    Audi R8.

Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    Audi R8.
    lol...no

Originally Posted by WISooner View Post
    I have driven one before. Fun car to drive.
    that seems to be the common denominator of every review i've read...

Why the TT?

Seems like a gy little car. How bout a BMW Z3? That oughta bring the boys to the yard. I assume that is what your goal is with your car choices
    The following users like this post: Boognish

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    nahhhhh.....to expensive
    The following users like this post: Aurora

Originally Posted by 2121sooner View Post
    Why the TT?

Seems like a gy little car. How bout a BMW Z3? That oughta bring the boys to the yard. I assume that is what your goal is with your car choices
    are you saying some people are genetically predisposed to driving gy little cars?

Even without a backseat, the 350z will have more interior room than the TT. It may have a backseat...but they are virtaually unuseable. From a reliability standpoint a 350z or Infiniti G35 Coupe, would be a better fit. They are 3.5 V6 cars, that are virtually indestructable. As long as you throw oil in them, they will take you to 200,000 miles+ pretty easily.

I actually like the Audi product quite a bit, from a new car initial quality standpoint...they are right on par with BMW, Mercedes Benz, and Lexus. But they are cars that need to be maintained very well to reach the longevity you should epect when buying a premium vehicle.

So , if yu are looking at a used TT, with more than 80,000 miles...you are literally rolling the dice. If its been maintained well, then you could have a good one. Or you could also be replacing turbos and entire engines pretty soon.

Buy him a used early 80s Cutlass. Make sure he can drive first.

Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    Even without a backseat, the 350z will have more interior room than the TT. It may have a backseat...but they are virtaually unuseable. From a reliability standpoint a 350z or Infiniti G35 Coupe, would be a better fit. They are 3.5 V6 cars, that are virtually indestructable. As long as you throw oil in them, they will take you to 200,000 miles+ pretty easily.

I actually like the Audi product quite a bit, from a new car initial quality standpoint...they are right on par with BMW, Mercedes Benz, and Lexus. But they are cars that need to be maintained very well to reach the longevity you should epect when buying a premium vehicle.

So , if yu are looking at a used TT, with more than 80,000 miles...you are literally rolling the dice. If its been maintained well, then you could have a good one. Or you could also be replacing turbos and entire engines pretty soon.
    looking at 04-06's under 50k miles......the lower the better...

haven't looked at either the z or the tt up close so i don't have a feel for how much room the tt has in the back seat area....
    i figured they would work if you really needed them....whereas a z .....you have no option...

the z would definitely be my choice because we have a dealer close by....so parts/maintenance would be available..
    i don't keep cars that long so i'm not really worried about getting 200k out of whatever i buy....

are you saying some people are genetically predisposed to driving gy little cars?
    yes, women and s.

The early models weren't noted for their handling....the back seat is only good if you are less than 3' tall....they are cute...

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    The early models weren't noted for their handling....the back seat is only good if you are less than 3' tall....they are cute...
    so are porches

so are porches
    And the back seat size is about the same...

well why not buy him a 2 seater... I think this way you limit the amount of distracting friends he has in the car. Also I wish him well and good times in his driving ventures and hope that he is a responsible young driver. =)

If a backseat is THAT important to you then you probably should be buying your son a car with 4 ****ing doors...

But, if you insist on him having a car with a backseat he can't use anyway, go with a G35/G37 coupe... you can get used ones for decent prices... and like Filthy said, those VQ engines are some of the best engines in the world, in any vehicle... it'll be like he's driving a Z, except he'll have that ever precious unusable back seat... plus you can have it worked on at that same dealership, although with this car there shouldn't be much need for that.

My mom owned a TT and loved it... BUT hated that it broke down all the time... spent a ton of $$ repairing it and finally traded it in for a Mustang GT.

I have had several friends own Audi's and I hear the same from ALL of them. They aren't reliable and cost a shit ton to repair

Re: audi tt

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    If a backseat is THAT important to you then you probably should be buying your son a car with 4 ****ing doors...

His son would probably like a 4 door car, because it's uncomfortable to **** in a 2 door car with a tiny backseat.

The Infinity would be a good choice...
    The following users like this post: lauderdaleOU

But, if you insist on him having a car with a backseat he can't use anyway, go with a G35/G37 coupe... you can get used ones for decent prices... and like Filthy said, those VQ engines are some of the best engines in the world, in any vehicle... it'll be like he's driving a Z, except he'll have that ever precious unusable back seat... plus you can have it worked on at that same dealership, although with this car there shouldn't be much need for that.
    the back seat isn't a deal breaker...
    i just know from my own experiences in high school/college.....there were many times i had 3 or 4 people in my car....
    and i would rather my son be driving than have to get in with friends....just because he didn't have the space...

Originally Posted by lauderdaleOU View Post
    My mom owned a TT and loved it... BUT hated that it broke down all the time... spent a ton of $$ repairing it and finally traded it in for a Mustang GT.

I have had several friends own Audi's and I hear the same from ALL of them. They aren't reliable and cost a shit ton to repair
    i've had many different kinds of cars/trucks over the years.....not one of them was what i would call unreliable....
    maybe it's how i maintain them.....maybe it's how i drive....i don't know...
    if i get a care that causes trouble....i'm not married to it....i'll just get a different one...

You won't get 4 high school kids in a TT more than one time...

The Infinity would be a good choice...
    i'm definitely a believer in infinity/nissan after owning my qx for 3 years....
    i think i showed him a picture awhile back and he nixed it.....
    maybe we'll look at one up close over Christmas break

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    His son would probably like a 4 door car, because it's uncomfortable to **** in a 2 door car with a tiny backseat.
    i showed him a 4 door 330i.....he wasn't impressed....

You won't get 4 high school kids in a TT more than one time...
    well.....then the 350z might be back in the picture

My big sis had a 350z...she was 63.... lol

I rented one in Phoenix but I never got to drive the thing...my gf wouldn't give me the keys...she raced everything in town...it was damn nice....

i think i showed him a picture awhile back and he nixed it.....
    i showed him a 4 door 330i.....he wasn't impressed....
    So, you are buying him a car and then end result isn't "you'll get what I give you and like it."

Damn, it sounds like the 15 1/2 year old runs the show around that ranch...
    2 users like MikeLucky's post: jdmt37, Sieve

Thats what I was recommending, when I brought up the Infiniti. The G35 coupe is the exact same car/body style as the 350z. The body is sent down the same assembly line. The difference being front/rear bumper/valances, and the Infinit having a much nicer interior.

So, you are buying him a car and then end result isn't "you'll get what I give you and like it."

Damn, it sounds like the 15 1/2 year old runs the show around that ranch...
    i remember the cars my dad bought me and my brothers/sisters....
    if he would rather have a z or a tt over a 330i.....i have no problem with that...

Thats what I was recommending, when I brought up the Infiniti. The G35 coupe is the exact same car/body style as the 350z. The body is sent down the same assembly line. The difference being front/rear bumper/valances, and the Infinit having a much nicer interior.
    Yep

i'll have to take a closer look.....i didn't realize that...
    the g35 looked much different to me...

i remember the cars my dad bought me and my brothers/sisters....
    if he would rather have a z or a tt over a 330i.....i have no problem with that...
    My old man bought me a 67 Mustang. 289 4v and 4 speed...well, he brought it home and I made the payments...33 bucks a month...

When I graduated high school they got me a new Datsun 510 coupe with dealer installed Koni's and Mini Lights so it looked like their SCCA car...well, they gave me a grand on the cost and I made the payment...it was a blast...

The Infinity goes down the same production line and has same frame and mechanicals but I thought it had more coachwork changes than just bumpers and valance...

My old man bought me a 67 Mustang. 289 4v and 4 speed...well, he brought it home and I made the payments...33 bucks a month...

When I graduated high school they got me a new Datsun 510 coupe with dealer installed Koni's and Mini Lights so it looked like their SCCA car...well, they gave me a grand on the cost and I made the payment...it was a blast...
    my brother wanted a 72 chevelle ss........my dad bought him a 1971 buick skylark...
    my sister got a 1964 buick special....
    keep in mind we're talking 1980 timeframe...
    i took my brothers skylark because i was too scared to take a chance on what my dad would bring home for me..

my brother wanted a 72 chevelle ss........my dad bought him a 1971 buick skylark...
    my sister got a 1964 buick special....
    keep in mind we're talking 1980 timeframe...
    i took my brothers skylark because i was too scared to take a chance on what my dad would bring home for me..
    I wanted a Nova with a 396/375 horsepower with a close ratio rock crusher...but I was still happy with my Datsun....lol

my only regret in buying my acura tl was not getting the g-35 i had set out to buy initially. that was a real nice ****ing ride.

Originally Posted by runningwithscissors View Post
    my only regret in buying my acura tl was not getting the g-35 i had set out to buy initially. that was a real nice ****ing ride.
    i'm waiting for bushmaster to tell us if the g35 is for women/gays

I wanted a Nova with a 396/375 horsepower with a close ratio rock crusher...but I was still happy with my Datsun....lol
    my oldest sister got the coolest care of all of us...
    a 72 cutlass supreme....i think it had a 455/4 barrel

I don't have a **** , so no....
    better

Holy shit 87. First a Corvette.. now an Audi? Wow. And your son is nixing Audi options? Talk about spoiled. Wow.

looking at 04-06's under 50k miles......the lower the better...

haven't looked at either the z or the tt up close so i don't have a feel for how much room the tt has in the back seat area....
    i figured they would work if you really needed them....whereas a z .....you have no option...

the z would definitely be my choice because we have a dealer close by....so parts/maintenance would be available..
    i don't keep cars that long so i'm not really worried about getting 200k out of whatever i buy....
    I will give you a killer deal on my Gran Turismo with 9k miles.

Originally Posted by Sieve View Post
    Holy shit 87. First a Corvette.. now an Audi? Wow. And your son is nixing Audi options? Talk about spoiled. Wow.

i said i thought he nixed the g35....
    but i showed him a pic a few minutes ago and he thought it looked ok...
    still likes the z and the tt better.....
    i don't think he's spoiled at all....i show him cars he might like that i would be willing to buy him....and he says he likes them or not.....how do you figure he's spoiled?