Prhyme - Tulsa

Posted 711 day(s) ago 1311 Views 11 Replies

Prhyme - Tulsa

Anybody been? Thinking about making this our NYE destination.

http://prhymetulsa.com/

I don't care how much a place costs, I have a couple spots in Houston I go and am happy to shell out $50-100 per person.
    That said, not publishing prices on your online menu reeks of precociousness. It sounds good, but show me the price.

Hey man I don't disagree. I have been told by someone that has gone that the 8 oz filet (their smallest cut) is $35. If so, that would put them about right in line with the pricing at Mahogany.

Yeah, that's not bad.

The freaking Lobster Bisque comes with two tails...wow.

But can I get a side of fennel-roasted pretention with a glazed smug reduction?
    6 users like soonerbornsoonerbrett's post: Cthulhu, jdmt37, oucub23, OUMallen, Sieve, SpankyNek

Dude it is great. I don't care if they publish prices or not. If you want to know call. Justin can cook. His other restaurant, Juniper, is in this month's Saveur magazine. Small place, pricey but delicious.

I'm going this Saturday. I'll try to remember to post a review.

Originally Posted by thequietone View Post
    Dude it is great. I don't care if they publish prices or not. If you want to know call. Justin can cook. His other restaurant, Juniper, is in this month's Saveur magazine. Small place, pricey but delicious.
    Yeah we really like Juniper. Love that the menu changes weekly.

Looking forward to that review, M Allen

I don't think I can take a place that names itself "Prhyme" seriously.

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    I'm going this Saturday. I'll try to remember to post a review.
    Well?

Prhyme - Tulsa

They're working out some kinks still.

The good:
    -my steak was cooked perfectly. It was f solid quality.
    - our chosen accessories were really nice. Asparagus and the onion rings.
    - the dining room was sort of relaxes. It wasn't super hip. It wasn't super chic. It wasn't super formal. Just easy, but nice/classy.
    - bar was actually kind of ****in!
    - chef came out and checked on people. I appreciate that.
    The bad:
    - the cheese and charcuterie board was overpriced with not enough toast points and probably needed one more cheese, but damned if the cheeses on there weren't awesome! ESP the bleu.
    - our table was close to the bar, which was a little loud.
    - the waitstaff has a little work to do. They're not quite as sophisticated or classy as the menu and place are. He meal was paced awkwardly and took long. Everything was kid of awkward every time. The guy just needs to learn his style a little more I think.

The ugly:
    - we had a reservation, but they still made us wait over twenty minutes past the time to get to our table. Others came in after us and sat before us. They said they were clearing the table, which had to be a lie. We weren't offered a drink or dessert or anything. That is pretty uncool for such a $$$ joint

Overall, I'll definitely be back. Just some growing pains right now, but the important part- the food- was really good.

Cool, thanks. I will try not to judge them too critically since we're going on NYE. Tough night for well-oiled machines, much less restaurants that have been open less than two months. The way you described the dining room reminds me a lot of the chef's other restaurant, Juniper. It's not really trying to be anything, it just is what it is. Something to be said for that.

The problems with the service/front of the house I have encountered at several of the "high end" restaurants in Tulsa. If you're a restaurant in Tulsa, Oklahoma and your prices are that stout, you'd better provide exemplary service.