New Army Manual Orders Soldiers Not To Criticize Taliban

Posted 494 day(s) ago 717 Views 24 Replies
    vCash

Here is a strong indicator that the Obama Administration’s crusade to appease Islam has gone too far; a new U.S. military handbook for troops deployed to the Middle East orders soldiers not to make derogatory comments about the Taliban or criticize pedophilia, among other outrageous things.

It gets better; the new manual, which is around 75 pages, suggests that Western ignorance of Afghan culture— not Taliban infiltration—is responsible for the increase in deadly attacks by Afghan soldiers against the coalition forces.

The soon-to-be-released Army handbook is still being drafted, but a mainstream newspaper got a sneak preview and published an article that should infuriate the American taxpayers funding the never-ending war on terror. The manual is being created because someone with authority bought the theory that cultural insensitivity is driving insider attacks on U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

More than three dozen insider attacks have killed 63 members of the U.S.-led coalition this year, according to the article, and some blame “American cultural ignorance.” The bottom line is that troops may experience social-cultural shock and/or discomfort when interacting with Afghan security forces, the new military handbook says. “Better situational awareness/understanding of Afghan culture will help better prepare [troops] to more effectively partner and to avoid cultural conflict that can lead toward green-on-blue violence.”

The draft leaked to the newspaper offers a list of “taboo conversation topics” that soldiers should avoid, including “making derogatory comments about the Taliban,” “advocating women’s rights,” “any criticism of pedophilia,” “directing any criticism towards Afghans,” “mentioning homosexuality and homosexual conduct” or “anything related to Islam.”

At least one high-ranking military official had the backbone to publicly criticize the new manual, albeit through a spokesperson. U.S. Marine General John Allen, the top commander in Afghanistan, doesn’t endorse it and rejected a proposed forward drafted by Army officials in his name. “He does not approve of its contents,” according to a military spokesman quoted in the story.

Earlier this year the Obama Administration changed the way federal agents are trained to combat terrorism and violent extremism by eliminating all materials that shed a negative light on Muslims. Under White House orders, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) destroyed instructional material that characterizes Muslims as prone to violence or terrorism in a government-wide call to end Islamophobia.

Under Obama practically every major federal agency has been ordered to participate in Muslim outreach initiatives, including the Justice Department with a special program to protect Islamic civil rights, Homeland Security meetings with extremist Muslim organizations and the nation’s space agency (NASA) with an unprecedented mission to focus on Muslim diplomacy.

Additionally, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton signed a special order to allow the reentry of two radical Islamic academics whose terrorist ties long banned them from the U.S. and the administration sent an America-bashing mosque leader (Feisal Abdul Rauf) who blames U.S. foreign policy for the 9/11 attacks on a Middle Eastern outreach mission. The Obama Administration even ordered a government-funded meal program for home-bound seniors to offer halal cuisine prepared according to Islamic law.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...liban/#respond

Just another in a long list of reasons I ended my service this past weekend......Sending troops to fight a war with their hands tied behind their backs is not something i'm fond of...
    5 users like SoonerArtillery's post: jdmt37, OU48A, OUEverest, pbc2003, Sooner Bob

vCash

And this shit did start under Bush but has been honed to a fine art by Obama. Did you hear that guy in front of the Senate telling them no one in Benghazi fired a shot? When pressed on if they were told not to fire all he could say was no one told them not to that day.

vCash

Wasn't Petraeus the guy that favored this approach?

vCash

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Wasn't Petraeus the guy that favored this approach?
    I don't know. Could have been. If you're going to fight a war then fight mit or GTFO.

vCash

I've no problem with this. Like the majority of these things the people on the ground will largely ignore them and go about their business as usual.

I don't really have too much of a problem with most of this.
    Its obviously a ****ing mess over there, and our troops better learn about their culture as much as possible and understand that they're in their territory, not U.S. soil. Can't just go blow everything up and expect shit to get any better.
    Won't do us much good if our fight against the Taliban turns civilians into Taliban supporters who hate Americans.
    The following users like this post: Morningwood

vCash

Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    I don't really have too much of a problem with most of this.
    Its obviously a ****ing mess over there, and our troops better learn about their culture as much as possible and understand that they're in their territory, not U.S. soil. Can't just go blow everything up and expect shit to get any better.
    Won't do us much good if our fight against the Taliban turns civilians into Taliban supporters who hate Americans.
    If a good portion of the general population are Taliban supporters then we have no business being there. Lets get the **** out!
    2 users like Stinger_1066's post: Fahooglegods, zevogolf

vCash

Oh good gawd, people. They're culturally different (i.e.- crazy) over there. There's no harm in telling our soldiers not to constantly piss them off.

vCash

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Here is a strong indicator that the Obama Administration’s crusade to appease Islam has gone too far; a new U.S. military handbook for troops deployed to the Middle East orders soldiers not to make derogatory comments about the Taliban or criticize pedophilia, among other outrageous things.

It gets better; the new manual, which is around 75 pages, suggests that Western ignorance of Afghan culture— not Taliban infiltration—is responsible for the increase in deadly attacks by Afghan soldiers against the coalition forces.

The soon-to-be-released Army handbook is still being drafted, but a mainstream newspaper got a sneak preview and published an article that should infuriate the American taxpayers funding the never-ending war on terror. The manual is being created because someone with authority bought the theory that cultural insensitivity is driving insider attacks on U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

More than three dozen insider attacks have killed 63 members of the U.S.-led coalition this year, according to the article, and some blame “American cultural ignorance.” The bottom line is that troops may experience social-cultural shock and/or discomfort when interacting with Afghan security forces, the new military handbook says. “Better situational awareness/understanding of Afghan culture will help better prepare [troops] to more effectively partner and to avoid cultural conflict that can lead toward green-on-blue violence.”

The draft leaked to the newspaper offers a list of “taboo conversation topics” that soldiers should avoid, including “making derogatory comments about the Taliban,” “advocating women’s rights,” “any criticism of pedophilia,” “directing any criticism towards Afghans,” “mentioning homosexuality and homosexual conduct” or “anything related to Islam.”

At least one high-ranking military official had the backbone to publicly criticize the new manual, albeit through a spokesperson. U.S. Marine General John Allen, the top commander in Afghanistan, doesn’t endorse it and rejected a proposed forward drafted by Army officials in his name. “He does not approve of its contents,” according to a military spokesman quoted in the story.

Earlier this year the Obama Administration changed the way federal agents are trained to combat terrorism and violent extremism by eliminating all materials that shed a negative light on Muslims. Under White House orders, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) destroyed instructional material that characterizes Muslims as prone to violence or terrorism in a government-wide call to end Islamophobia.

Under Obama practically every major federal agency has been ordered to participate in Muslim outreach initiatives, including the Justice Department with a special program to protect Islamic civil rights, Homeland Security meetings with extremist Muslim organizations and the nation’s space agency (NASA) with an unprecedented mission to focus on Muslim diplomacy.

Additionally, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton signed a special order to allow the reentry of two radical Islamic academics whose terrorist ties long banned them from the U.S. and the administration sent an America-bashing mosque leader (Feisal Abdul Rauf) who blames U.S. foreign policy for the 9/11 attacks on a Middle Eastern outreach mission. The Obama Administration even ordered a government-funded meal program for home-bound seniors to offer halal cuisine prepared according to Islamic law.

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/20...liban/#respond
    This is the result of the Generals in the Pentagon not giving a shit about their troops, they care only about their retirement!!!!
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

vCash

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    If a good portion of the general population are Taliban supporters then we have no business being there. Lets get the **** out!
    IF, IF we can name a date in the future when we will pull out, there is NO, NONE, NADA reasons why we cant pull out TODAY. After over decade the ****ing Afghans cant learn to PATROL their Streets and Roads ALL BY THEMSELVES, There is NO HOPE for ANY Changes in ANY FUTURE YEAR.

vCash

who actually thought we would be successful in afghanistan? i know i never thought we would.

vCash

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    who actually thought we would be successful in afghanistan? i know i never thought we would.
    I thought we'd at least get rid of Mullah Omar, but as far as I know he is still alive.

The problem with speaking negative about the taliban or other extremist muslim groups is the spill over. Im sure people dont just say "taliban sucks". I promise you that speaking ill of Muslims in general also comes into the disrespecting. There may be Muslims in your squad, platoon, company or whatever. So, I understand and I agree with it.

Originally Posted by bruthaman View Post
    The problem with speaking negative about the taliban or other extremist muslim groups is the spill over. Im sure people dont just say "taliban sucks". I promise you that speaking ill of Muslims in general also comes into the disrespecting. There may be Muslims in your squad, platoon, company or whatever. So, I understand and I agree with it.
    It's okay to shoot them, but don't call them mean names?

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    You miss the point.

Originally Posted by bruthaman View Post
    You miss the point.
    No I don't. I simply disagree with you, and stated that in a way that shows how stupid I think the policy is.

vCash

If calling them names results in more American casualties, then I find it fairly unproductive to allow it.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    If calling them names results in more American casualties, then I find it fairly unproductive to allow it.
    Did the name calling result in more casualties in any of the prior wars we've fought? I doubt it. PC has gone full idiot when we are worried about offending people we are fighting.
    The following users like this post: zevogolf

vCash

Yet another example of getting exactly what we voted for!
    The following users like this post: zevogolf

vCash

Did the name calling result in more casualties in any of the prior wars we've fought? I doubt it. PC has gone full idiot when we are worried about offending people we are fighting.
    People have been trying to blame us for over ten years. The "we deserved it" and "we brought 9/11, etc., upon ourselves" crowd has never gone away. This is just poop from them saying that what is happening is our fault. Those 63 murders against our troops this year? Our fault, of course. These freaks don't need a reason to try to kill us. It's the way they are. Speaking out against **** of children and degredation of women? Speaking out against the people trying to kill us? How is that wrong? Luckily this is only a draft and this will be swept aside. If these pussies had been around in 1943 we'd all be speaking German.

vCash

And don't dare talk about the Taliban men raping boys.

vCash

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    People have been trying to blame us for over ten years. The "we deserved it" and "we brought 9/11, etc., upon ourselves" crowd has never gone away. This is just poop from them saying that what is happening is our fault. Those 63 murders against our troops this year? Our fault, of course. These freaks don't need a reason to try to kill us. It's the way they are. Speaking out against **** of children and degredation of women? Speaking out against the people trying to kill us? How is that wrong? Luckily this is only a draft and this will be swept aside. If these pussies had been around in 1943 we'd all be speaking German.
    Don’t kid yourself….. These types were around during WWII & WWI and the civil war.
    In those wars they learned real quick that even the important people would have the shit kick out of them or they could be locked up fo rspeaking against the war.
    The difference is that the average citizen today is to risk averse to take these people on in a similar ways.

vCash

Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    Don’t kid yourself….. These types were around during WWII & WWI and the civil war.
    In those wars they learned real quick that even the important people would have the shit kick out of them or they could be locked up fo rspeaking against the war.
    The difference is that the average citizen today is to risk averse to take these people on in a similar ways.
    I know but they weren't in charge. Can't you imagine D Day not being fair or breaking the codes giving us an unfair advantage?

I'd love to know the names of the people that wrote this.

vCash

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I know but they weren't in charge. Can't you imagine D Day not being fair or breaking the codes giving us an unfair advantage?

I'd love to know the names of the people that wrote this.
    I agree