Newlyweds and new parents make Facebook terrible

Posted 736 day(s) ago 2986 Views 50 Replies
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Newlyweds and new parents make Facebook terrible

It's the same shit every single ****ing day from the newlyweds....look at the funny looking drink, look at us eating together, look at the mexican guy showing us a dolphin, look at this glass of wine, look at us sitting on the beach, look at us on the airplane, look at us being goofy since ha ha ha we're married and married people are supposed to be adults blah blah **** off, look at our black friend not commenting on our stuff. Same with the new moms. Baby has a fever, I wish I could hold the baby all day long, taking the baby to doctor, taking the baby to walmart, look at the baby poop on the cashier, baby is crying, my husband is worthless, baby is so cute. GODDAMMIT PEOPLE!

I've hid so many people from my wall it's ridiculous. I don't give a shit about your fruity foofoo drink on the beach.

I seriously always thought AWZE was a dude.
    The following users like this post: Tug Medick

Re: Newlyweds and new parents make Facebook terrible

Do you think Walgreens would notice if you took some prozac while you are on the job?

It sounds like someone is jealous of the happy people that are on their Facebook. Speaking of such. A nice fruity drink, the beach, and being with my wife sound pretty damn good about right now...

Someone is envious and lonely.

Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    I've hid so many people from my wall it's ridiculous. I don't give a shit about your fruity foofoo drink on the beach.
    Or how much your baby weighs, or what it looks like when you dress it up, or what your engagement ring looks like, or how many different ways you can hug each other while wearing the same three outfits.....

Originally Posted by Tug Medick View Post
    Someone is envious and lonely.
    It has absolutely nothing to do with that. I'm happy with my life and I'm glad they're happy with their life but do they really need to document every minute of their life to the entire world? Nothing wrong with drinking a fruity foofoo drink but the world doesn't have to know about it.

What i hate are the couple who post that they love each other.. EVERY DAY! And this one couple have been married close to ten years! Isn't the ****ing honeymoom over yet??

I think half of list is on ignore so I don't get any of their drivel. I could give two shits about your mani/pedi "hey I just clipped my toenails!"

This is an easy fix. Delete your ****ing FB!

New parents...horrible.
    Last edited by FriarDan; December 12th, 2012 at 09:18 PM.

It's the same shit every single ****ing day from the newlyweds....look at the funny looking drink, look at us eating together, look at the mexican guy showing us a dolphin, look at this glass of wine, look at us sitting on the beach, look at us on the airplane, look at us being goofy since ha ha ha we're married and married people are supposed to be adults blah blah **** off, look at our black friend not commenting on our stuff. Same with the new moms. Baby has a fever, I wish I could hold the baby all day long, taking the baby to doctor, taking the baby to walmart, look at the baby poop on the cashier, baby is crying, my husband is worthless, baby is so cute. GODDAMMIT PEOPLE!

I felt the same way. I don't need that bullshit I also don't care about people I vaguely remember in facebook. And god forbid you delete someone they go postal. I just say **** it and delete the whole account. I did about a year ago and it's wonderful.

It has absolutely nothing to do with that. I'm happy with my life and I'm glad they're happy with their life but do they really need to document every minute of their life to the entire world? Nothing wrong with drinking a fruity foofoo drink but the world doesn't have to know about it.
    Yeah dumbshit, that's kind of what Facebook is... you know status updates and pictures and shit... stupid ****ing Horn.

But yeah it is annoying.
    The following users like this post: jdmt37

Like Titty Sprinkles, X Rater Freaks, and Freaks Only on FB - that makes my news feed glow!!! Pisses off some of my friends when I share the pics though - LOL

Sadly, I feel the same about a lot of posters on this board
    2 users like 2121sooner's post: oorah_okie, Yatahaze

Originally Posted by 2121sooner View Post
    Sadly, I feel the same about a lot of posters on this board
    Careful now, you'll awaken the kraken PSM.

It's the same shit every single ****ing day from the Longhorns....look at the funny looking Quarterback, look at us eating each other out, look at the mexican guy bringing us the coke, look at this glass pipe, look at all of our great recruits sitting on the bench, look at us on the ESPN, look at us being goofy since ha ha ha we're ghey and ghey people are supposed to be Longhorns blah blah **** off, look at our black friend Ricky who smoked away his career. Same with the new Male Longhorn cheerleaders. Baby has a fever cuz of the herpes, I wish I could hold the **** in my mouth all day long, taking it in the pooper, taking it in the pooper at walmart, look at the pooper on the cashier, Mack is crying, my husband is worthless, Herbstreit is so cute. GODDAMMIT LONGHORNS!

I've hid so many Longhorns from my wall it's ridiculous. I don't give a shit about your fruity foofoo homosexual may-le on the beach.
    FIFY
    2 users like Soonerp's post: Oldnslo, ThievingMagpie

I'm OK with people posting pics of their kids or wedding or whatever on FB every so often. That's kinda what you do on Facebook. The people who do it all the damn time are the ones that are annoying.
    The following users like this post: azwe

Originally Posted by Soonerp View Post
    FIFY
    Oh my god, you're like an OSU fan. You always have to turn the discussion into football. Jesus...

So hey guys, just got back from Cancun where we went for a honeymoon. Just thought I'd share some pics. I am too cheap to pay for pictures so dont mind the watermark. Enjoy!!!
    3 users like URNotserious's post: Clark W. Griswold, MoJoOkie, SoonerDustin

Miss the days when everyone on FB was in college
    The following users like this post: freeeewilly66

Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post

So hey guys, just got back from Cancun where we went for a honeymoon. Just thought I'd share some pics. I am too cheap to pay for pictures so dont mind the watermark. Enjoy!!!
    How did you not notice the paparazzi?

These things... newlyweds and new parents? This is what makes facebook terrible?

That's like saying the worst part of anal **** is the scraped knees.
    8 users like soonerbornsoonerbrett's post: Bob Loblaw, freeeewilly66, Oldnslo, silverwheels, Soonerp, Soonerpsycho, SpankyNek, The

Don't click on it or scroll faster. If you want to make a big deal of it you can always just delete them as a friend or go the more passive agressive route and just hide their shit from showing up on your timeline. Stop being a lazy dick.
    2 users like SoonerBeerSnob's post: Sieve, The Baconator®

...what are they supposed to post about? They're happy and excited and want to share their happiness and excitement with their friends, who, supposedly, would be likewise happy and excited.

My assistant's daughters, who I've known since they're knee-high, post about their kids and pictures of their trips and them holding hands with their spouse/SO. It makes me smile to see them happy.

In other words, azwe, you're being a feminine hygiene delivery system.
    The following users like this post: SoonerBeerSnob

I post pictures of my daughters pretty frequently. Easiest way to get them to my family back home.
    The following users like this post: wendyaveli

Facebook is terrible. Period. It is an evil creation that has little to no value to society. As opposed to football message boards which are wonderful!

C'mon people! I can't believe this hasn't already happened. Total disappointment.

Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    It sounds like someone is jealous of the happy people that are on their Facebook. Speaking of such. A nice fruity drink, the beach, and being with my wife sound pretty damn good about right now...
    I agree, a nice fruity drink, the beach, and being with your wife does sound pretty damn good about right now.
    3 users like Cthulhu's post: jdmt37, SoonerBeerSnob, Yatahaze

Oh my god, you're like an OSU fan. You always have to turn the discussion into football. Jesus...
    But you know deep down inside you laughed.

Originally Posted by soonerbornsoonerbret View Post
    These things... newlyweds and new parents? This is what makes facebook terrible?

That's like saying the worst part of anal **** is the scraped knees.
    I laughed so hard

Happy people piss me off.

There is posting pictures and then there is posting pictures. 5-10 a day is excessive unless your kid some kind of science experiment.
    Originally Posted by Oldnslo View Post
    ...what are they supposed to post about? They're happy and excited and want to share their happiness and excitement with their friends, who, supposedly, would be likewise happy and excited.

My assistant's daughters, who I've known since they're knee-high, post about their kids and pictures of their trips and them holding hands with their spouse/SO. It makes me smile to see them happy.

In other words, azwe, you're being a feminine hygiene delivery system.

I can't believe the amount of people that post pics of their children or let their children post pics of themselves on facebook. All someone has to do is save picture as, then they can photoshop it to serve whatever purpose they want. There's any number of pervs out there that can change the cute pic of your 13 year old into ****.

I don't post any pictures of my kids or myself on facebook. Or anywhere online for that matter.

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I can't believe the amount of people that post pics of their children or let their children post pics of themselves on facebook. All someone has to do is save picture as, then they can photoshop it to serve whatever purpose they want. There's any number of pervs out there that can change the cute pic of your 13 year old into ****.

I don't post any pictures of my kids or myself on facebook. Or anywhere online for that matter.
    Hold the **** phone for a minute!!! You mean to tell me that for all this time I have been utterly respectful of you thinking it was YOUR picture in your avatar and it was all for nothing?

Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    does that ****ing dood have bangs?

Re: Newlyweds and new parents make Facebook terrible

Facebook sucks donkey balls. Its simply ego reassurance for the attention **** generation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    The following users like this post: jdmt37

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Facebook sucks donkey balls. Its simply ego reassurance for the attention **** generation.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Not to mention twitter.

"Hey, every thought I have is pure gold. Everyone is gonna want me to share it. The world should know the clever thoughts I come up with. Hey, Jimmy Fallon, please follow me."

Not sure about all of the rant, but agree the hide feature has made my fb page a much nice place to visit.

FB 'acquaintance list' question.

I have some of the same issues when I check my Newsfeed. A few people just litter it with the same crap over and over again, even a few distant relatives.

So, if I put these people on my acquaintance list, will the previous posts I made under "friends, except acquaintances" disappear to them?

The motivational pictures and check-ins are what drive me up a damn wall. Also, being tagged in a picture from grade school and 75 people you don't know commenting on it.
    The following users like this post: McRib

I joined FB just to enjoy all the game invites. Those are so fun!
    The following users like this post: brokebacksooner

Sooner Mommy Guest
    Originally Posted by mexican/ninja View Post
    I joined FB just to enjoy all the game invites. Those are so fun!
    Like, Oh Em Gee, what level r u on in candy crush saga? Will u feed my Farmville cows while I'm on vacation next week?

*Ignores ALL game requests*
    The following users like this post: Aurora

The bumping of a really old thread

You guys ever wonder why the kids left FB? The parents and grandparents all got on there. Now go to where they all left to. They post pic after pic after pic of themselves with stupid duck faces(still). They angle the pics now as they say it is not cool to take a straight on pic. Go look when you want to complain about FB, I dare you. You will see what our children think is cool. <Spoiler alert> ITS NOT COOL.

Oh, plus they watch these short clips called "Vines" now. It is a whole new concept, its video on the internet. It is real cool Trust me.

BTW, I hate FB too.

This thread is really ****ing weird.

Originally Posted by The View Post
    This thread is really ****ing weird.
    How are your kids?

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    How are your kids?
    See what I mean?
    2 users like The's post: Aurora, McRib

Originally Posted by The View Post
    See what I mean?
    Since you didn't answer I will assume you forgot to water them like a free house plant and they expired

The more they say they love each other on FB, the more they talk about the joys of being new parents on FB... the more they're cheating on each other and shaking the baby in a blind rage.
    5 users like krypton's post: Aurora, Breadburner, Catholic Coach, McRib, Sabla