I know it's an attention whoring post but I'm doing it anyways...I just...

Posted 641 day(s) ago 1023 Views 35 Replies

Suicidal Pony I know it's an attention whoring post but I'm doing it anyways...I just...

submitted the last paper I will ever have to write for my masters degree in Mechanical Engineering and I graduate this Saturday with a 4.0!!!

I've been up all hours of the night this semester writing left and right and I can finally say that I will never be going back to school again. At least not at a university and spending all my time locked in books and writing.

I know it's a "hey, look at me." post but I am just so damn glad to be done with all this.

I do want to say thanks to LT's posters, you've filled much of my spare time with interesting conversations and helped me pass the time when I got sick of looking at anything to do with school.

On a scale of one to **** you're about a two. Nice job. I hope all your hard work pays off.
    The following users like this post: greensooner

Nothing attention whorish about that. Congrats!

Congrats man. Now quit being such an attention **** and get a job!
    2 users like drumhead23us's post: AFS00N3R, greensooner

Congrats, nerd

Golf clap

Originally Posted by greensooner View Post
    submitted the last paper I will ever have to write for my masters degree in Mechanical Engineering and I graduate this Saturday with a 4.0!!!

I've been up all hours of the night this semester writing left and right and I can finally say that I will never be going back to school again. At least not at a university and spending all my time locked in books and writing.

I know it's a "hey, look at me." post but I am just so damn glad to be done with all this.

I do want to say thanks to LT's posters, you've filled much of my spare time with interesting conversations and helped me pass the time when I got sick of looking at anything to do with school.
    Every time I've been with you this past semester you've been drunk and chasing tail. That makes pulling a 4.0 even more impressive.

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    Every time I've been with you this past semester you've been drunk and chasing tail. That makes pulling a 4.0 even more impressive.
    Troof. Kudos to you. You can put this on the resume under "multitasking" in the skills section.

Congratulations.

As a representative from a very large group of dreamers who started out in engineering school and couldn't hack it, a very respectful tip of the hat.

You looking for a job? seriously.

Congratulations!

Congrats, and welcome to the world of work.

Way to go, dude!

UCO?

Good for you! Congratulations! Fun fact: once you're done with school, you don't have to guess what someone else thinks the right answer is! Now, you can be the **** who thinks YOU have the right answer!

School >>>>>>>>> work

Sorry
    4 users like Bruno Gianelli's post: greensooner, McRib, MoJoOkie, URNotserious

Do you have a job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!

I was equally relieved to complete my MPH work . . .

Originally Posted by OUSchitzo View Post
    You looking for a job? seriously.
    not at this time, I am a flight systems engineer on the B-1 bomber and will be back at work on Monday

my job paid for my grad school and for the time I was off from the work place to attend school

I will be with the B-1 bomber crew til Aug. 2013 and I'm officially signed on til Dec. 2015 without having to pay any money back but just b/c I am curious what you are discussing job wise, what do you have?

Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    Do you have a job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes but just b/c I'm curious, is there some information on a job I might be interested in?

not at this time, I am a flight systems engineer on the B-1 bomber and will be back at work on Monday

my job paid for my grad school and for the time I was off from the work place to attend school

I will be with the B-1 bomber crew til Aug. 2013 and I'm officially signed on til Dec. 2015 without having to pay any money back but just b/c I am curious what you are discussing job wise, what do you have?
    pm'd

Congrats!

Good job!

Congrats, thats a big accomplishment!

I'm graduating with my MBA (nowhere near as hard to do as your degree) on Tuesday and my wife is graduation with her PhD in organic chemistry on Tuesday as well.

Its a great feeling to be done with school.
    2 users like ResidentEvil's post: greensooner, McRib

My grandpa was in planning during the development of the B-1. He was with the B-52s for years. Retired in 85(I think)

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    Congrats, thats a big accomplishment!

I'm graduating with my MBA (nowhere near as hard to do as your degree) on Tuesday and my wife is graduation with her PhD in organic chemistry on Tuesday as well.

Its a great feeling to be done with school.
    congratulations to you too sir and your wife, that is a huge accomplishment...it definitely feels good to be done, woke up today with a feeling of not knowing what to do...actually felt good and I get that for a few more days til work on Monday

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    My grandpa was in planning during the development of the B-1. He was with the B-52s for years. Retired in 85(I think)
    The B-1 is an awesome weapon system and an impressive piece of engineering. All the intricacies that were laid out in the planning and design phases are impressive when you consider the type of software and equipment they had to use at the time. Today's designing is much easier and computers can do so much of the work. The strength of the war fighter is aided by the B-1 and the B-1 is a testament to the intelligence and attention to detail that everyone had on the project.

It's funny b/c all the B-1's are actually different in length with some being longer than the others by ~6 feet. In today's precise engineering world the differences would be measured in micrometers. But as with all good things, they must come to an end. The B-1 has been on the chopping block at the Pentagon for some time now. I fully expect it to be out of service within the next 6-8 years.

We have the 2018 Bomber coming (which gets denied by just about anyone when asked the question) and it will take over heavily the role of the B-1 and the B-2. I don't know what effect it will have on the B-52 but times they are a changing.
    The following users like this post: SpankyNek

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Congrats to your grandfather as well!!!

Masters...Mechanical Engeneering...4.0? Wow. Judging by your posts I always pegged you for a ****ing idiot. JK man. Congrats and good luck. That is much to be proud of.

I just finished MBE 4000 engine rebuild classes, so suck it!

Congrats... !!!

Originally Posted by The Baconator® View Post
    Congrats... !!!
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by jdmt37 View Post
    Thanks!
    haha, congrats to you to jd

haha, congrats to you to jd
    I know that was directed to you, but i couldn't help myself. hahahaha!

Originally Posted by jdmt37 View Post
    Thanks!

Congrats JD...!!!
    The following users like this post: jdmt37