‏@TonyPauline Hearing Kenny Stills/WR/Oklahoma will also enter the draft. ...

Posted 716 day(s) ago by Meni6142 Views 90 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2

I can assure you unless you are a true super star and known top 10 pic NFL teams like seeing kids stay all 4 years.

Ahh, the perils of Pauline. A sad commentary on current events where all one has to do is put an @ before their comment and some people believe it.

@cccasooner2; Stills returning for his senior year to keep intact the Cal Trio in celebrating OUs 8th national championship.

Originally Posted by cccasooner2 View Post
    Ahh, the perils of Pauline. A sad commentary on current events where all one has to do is put an @ before their comment and some people believe it.

@cccasooner2; Stills returning for his senior year to keep intact the Cal Trio in celebrating OUs 8th national championship.
    No one is going to believe that shit.
    3 users like XxSuBLiMexX's post: silverwheels, sovasooner, The

Hope he gets drafted by the Broncos or Seahawks.

Jefferson and Stills have already made their plans.

If Kenny has a hard time going across the middle in the BIG XII, he is gonna hate the NFL....

I can't believe anybody here would call Kenny Stills lazy or afraid. He always made tough catches - and if there was ever a receiver that made a highlight reel block - it was Stills. Guys that make blocks like that have to work at it - you can't be lazy or afraid to be in that position multiple times in a season. The dude is a baller. I would love to see him playing for my favorite NFL team!!! Just not next year ;-)

For what it is worth. I straight up asked Kenny and he said he wasn't 100% either way but leaning towards leaving.

Quick question, is he gone or not?... and I'll take it off the air.

If Stills does leave early, OU still get 2 years out of Jaz right? Assuming this year was used as a redshirt?

Originally Posted by 2SBTM View Post
    If Stills does leave early, OU still get 2 years out of Jaz right? Assuming this year was used as a redshirt?
    Nope, he already used his redshirt year last time he was suspended.

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    Nope, he already used his redshirt year last time he was suspended.
    Outstanding!

don't think he'll go very high, but he won't go any higher sticking around with a new quarterback and/or offense next year. might as well go now.

Y'all don't just jump to conclusions; you paratroop.

Before declaring, a kid gets feedback from the NFL about where he's likely to go in the draft. This is some pretty critical information for most all, unless there's some family emergency or other pressing issue.

... and that process hasn't happened yet. So, Kenny can't possibly know what he wants to do. See, TheKing's comment.

IF young Mr. Stills were to ask me for advice (which he hasn't, but I'm available) I'd tell him to get all the information he can. I'd tell him to talk to EVERYONE whose opinion he respects about this decision. Maybe he can get ahold of Mark Clayton, AD, Sam, Jamal Brown, or a host of other Sooners who know a hell of a lot more about this process than ANYONE on a damn message board. Seems like Jay Norvell might know a bit about the pros and cons of the pro's, too. (See what I did there? But, I've never actually met Mr. Norvell. I can only hope that he's a good guy who will look out for the best interests of the young men he coaches. The other coaches I've met, most of whom are no longer with the program, were ALL men I'd be happy to have mentor my own son).

But, if you're reading this, Kenny, be aware that there are a whole bunch of folks who will be willing to take advantage of you. Because the love of money is the root of all evil, and all that. Or, even without the money/evil thing, they can still unwittingly project what they might think would be right for THEM onto you. Best you can do is educate yourself and make the decisions that are right for you.

Boomer.
    2 users like Oldnslo's post: OrlandoSooner, R3D Mamba

I would hate to lose him, but probably a smart decision........

Originally Posted by Oldnslo View Post
    Y'all don't just jump to conclusions; you paratroop.

Before declaring, a kid gets feedback from the NFL about where he's likely to go in the draft. This is some pretty critical information for most all, unless there's some family emergency or other pressing issue.
    hopefully he's still going to class so he can have an option ...

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    hopefully he's still going to class so he can have an option ...
    Probably isn't going to class till next month now since classes have ended at OU for this semester but I get your point.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner

Wonder how the rookie salary scale changes the early exit from the NCAA.

Originally Posted by vrortiz405 View Post
    Quick question, is he gone or not?... and I'll take it off the air.
    He WILL return. Coaches needed to tell "TREADWELL" that he would "PROBABLY" leave early for the NFL!

Originally Posted by BillyOcean View Post
    don't think he'll go very high, but he won't go any higher sticking around with a new quarterback and/or offense next year. might as well go now.
    I'm not sure when he'll get drafted, but wherever he gets drafted he'll be very high. Very high.
    The following users like this post: metes

I love reading how everyone wants to put Sooners on the same NFL team as other Sooners..

Originally Posted by SoonerSteve1 View Post
    I love reading how everyone wants to put Sooners on the same NFL team as other Sooners..
    Yeah, I don't quite get that. I want our guys to end up on teams that will benefit them personally. I don't really care about "getting the band back together" since that might not be the ideal situation for some of them.

Worked great for the Lions this year.

SoonerBounce Guest

I can see stills doing awesome in the nfl. Good fit in new orleans

Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    Yeah, I don't quite get that. I want our guys to end up on teams that will benefit them personally. I don't really care about "getting the band back together" since that might not be the ideal situation for some of them.
    It definitely has piqued my interest in the Redskins this year...I still want the fighting DeMarco's to crush them though...

Originally Posted by SoonerSteve1 View Post
    Sam needs some ****ing WR's, that's why I want to see Kenny go the Rams.

Originally Posted by ultralance12 View Post
    Unless you are a sure fire top 2 or 3 pick at your position you stay. Kenny has been great at OU but will only improve his draft position with another year.
    Not sure if I agree...Past players that have stayed another year have not had very much luck improving during their senior year (Bradford, Gresham, Broyles LJ?. Also with a new QB, his number of receptions will prob go down. He should get his money while he can.

Originally Posted by Big Red One View Post
    Not sure if I agree...Past players that have stayed another year have not had very much luck improving during their senior year (Bradford, Gresham, Broyles LJ?. Also with a new QB, his number of receptions will prob go down. He should get his money while he can.
    Landry Jones made a very smart decision by returning. He improved as a QB, a leader and greatly improved his draft stock by playing his senior year.

Originally Posted by palisooner View Post
    Landry Jones made a very smart decision by returning. He improved as a QB, a leader and greatly improved his draft stock by playing his senior year.
    I don't know about that, last year he was graded out behind only Luck and RGIII and could have been playing at either Miami or Seattle this year. I think he could have improved as a QB a lot more in an NFL system than OU. This year it he will be lucky to go in the 3rd round.

Originally Posted by bruthaman View Post
    Stills is a possession reciever due to his unwillingness to attempt to break a tackle. If a defender is even close, he falls to the ground. Possession recievers dont drop balls as often as he does. Some games he is great, others he is not. Too inconsistent right now IMO. Straight line speed is good and does catch the ball with his hands. Route running is good but not great.

He may go, but he needs another year.
    Damn I agree with brutha. Actually a damn solid post.

he goes this year.... he is staring 3rd round in the face

SoonerBounce Guest

I don't know about that, last year he was graded out behind only Luck and RGIII and could have been playing at either Miami or Seattle this year. I think he could have improved as a QB a lot more in an NFL system than OU. This year it he will be lucky to go in the 3rd round.
    Lucky to go in third round? Lol

Landry first round pick

Hope for the best for Stills whatever he decides to do. He has been a loyal Sooner and has come up big in plenty of games. Have no idea what his
    family financial situation is but he should do whatever is best for himself not OU. Let's not be selfish or pan a guy cause he may leave early. Same
    with Jefferson.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    Hope for the best for Stills whatever he decides to do. He has been a loyal Sooner and has come up big in plenty of games. Have no idea what his
    family financial situation is but he should do whatever is best for himself not OU. Let's not be selfish or pan a guy cause he may leave early. Same
    with Jefferson.
    hell with that ... i'm still mad at curtis loften for leaving early ... could have had #8 if he stuck around.

I think stills will do fine in the nfl going 3/4th round.

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    hell with that ... i'm still mad at curtis loften for leaving early ... could have had #8 if he stuck around.

I think stills will do fine in the nfl going 3/4th round.
    Just imagine what could have done in '99, if De'mond Parker had come back.

The latest Landry will go is mid-2nd.

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    with Jefferson.
    Kenny's dad played in the NFL for a few years so I would assume his family is relatively comfortable financially, Tony's family on the other hand.... isn't. I could be totally wrong on both though.

Originally Posted by mightysooner View Post
    I'm not convinced Metoyer has any game. He was Mr Irrelevant out there when he was starting. Everybody we had out there was better than Metoyer from what I saw. His hype far surpassed his ability on the field and it's not like he was battling double coverage all the time either.
    SMH!

Originally Posted by SoonerDan74012 View Post
    Sam needs some ****ing WR's, that's why I want to see Kenny go the Rams.
    How is Sam? I'm asking since you guys are clearly on a first name basis.

Originally Posted by mightysooner View Post
    I'm not convinced Metoyer has any game. He was Mr Irrelevant out there when he was starting. Everybody we had out there was better than Metoyer from what I saw. His hype far surpassed his ability on the field and it's not like he was battling double coverage all the time either.
    You need to watch some of HS film, and some of his Hargrave film if you can find it,this kid can leap and if he ever gets loose in the open field which he didn't this season you'll see that Brown has nothing on this kid except an inch or so in height and Metoyer is about a half-step faster than Brown. Norvell stayed on this kid from day one and had to keep the HBC convinced he was worth the scholly.

Originally Posted by greenfacedman View Post
    You need to watch some of HS film,
    Why does anyone think this matters?