Catfish Go Killer Whale On Pigeons

Posted 658 day(s) ago 897 Views 17 Replies
Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1

    Catfish Go Killer Whale On Pigeons


  2. #2
    Soonerp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,140
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma

    And to think all these years I've been trying to catch them with worms and chicken liver. Who knew.

  3. #3
    The following users like this post: Clark W. Griswold


  4. #4
    AcousticSoup's Avatar
    Posts
    13,251
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Falls

    Catfish Go Killer Whale On Pigeons

    Holy balls

  5. #5
    MoJoOkie's Avatar
    Posts
    7,454
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Slaughters

    I've got channel cat in my lake that have eaten gooslings before. You see them swimming along behind mama, and then all of a sudden they're gone.

  6. #6
    I was always under the impression that Catfish were bottom feeders.

  7. #7
    MoJoOkie's Avatar
    Posts
    7,454
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Slaughters

    Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    I was always under the impression that Catfish were bottom feeders.
    Not channel cats. I've had them hit lures when I was bass fishing.

  8. #8
    Channel cats are every bit as aggressive as bass when they're on the prowl; I've caught more of them on live minnows when I was bass fishing than I have anything else, & like Mojo, I've caught more than a few on a crankbait as well. The thing about cats is that they have one heck of a plan B (they're basically a swimming nose/tongue w/ fins when it comes to detecting scent) when they can't find something live.

  9. #9
    KeithStone's Avatar
    Posts
    640
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Always smooth

    Them cajun boys down in the swamp set out their lines trying to catch alligator gar and wind up catching more catfish than anything.

  10. #10
    Soonerp's Avatar
    Posts
    1,140
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma

    Originally Posted by MoJoOkie View Post
    I've got channel cat in my lake that have eaten gooslings before. You see them swimming along behind mama, and then all of a sudden they're gone.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by MoJoOkie View Post
    Not channel cats. I've had them hit lures when I was bass fishing.
    I was fishing in a bass tournament on Lake Dirtybird when they had the Wednesday night tourneys, 1995 or so... my buddy and I were on a great spot and thought we may have a chance to win on this night, figured we needed 1 more 2 pounder to do it. I hook into what I thought was the biggest bass I'd ever hooked, fought like a mother for about 10 minutes, finally surfaces and it's an 11lb channel cat... on a damn Rapala deep-diving crank bait. We finished second that night.

  12. #12
    ChpThril's Avatar
    Posts
    8,544
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Nearest Lake Available

    Originally Posted by Clark W. Griswold View Post
    I was fishing in a bass tournament on Lake Dirtybird when they had the Wednesday night tourneys, 1995 or so... my buddy and I were on a great spot and thought we may have a chance to win on this night, figured we needed 1 more 2 pounder to do it. I hook into what I thought was the biggest bass I'd ever hooked, fought like a mother for about 10 minutes, finally surfaces and it's an 11lb channel cat... on a damn Rapala deep-diving crank bait. We finished second that night.
    But at least you had a damn good dinner that evening
    The following users like this post: Clark W. Griswold


  13. #13
    Tug Medick's Avatar
    Posts
    797
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Buttram Road

    That's tight butthole.

  14. #14
    stupid pigeons

  15. #15
    Tug Medick's Avatar
    Posts
    797
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Buttram Road

    Pigeons are loose butthole

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by Clark W. Griswold View Post
    I was fishing in a bass tournament on Lake Dirtybird when they had the Wednesday night tourneys, 1995 or so... my buddy and I were on a great spot and thought we may have a chance to win on this night, figured we needed 1 more 2 pounder to do it. I hook into what I thought was the biggest bass I'd ever hooked, fought like a mother for about 10 minutes, finally surfaces and it's an 11lb channel cat... on a damn Rapala deep-diving crank bait. We finished second that night.
    Moon tested crank bait?

  17. #17
    Originally Posted by williemayshayes View Post
    Moon tested crank bait?
    Moon-tested, double steel-belted titanium lures...

  18. #18
    SoonerSteve's Avatar
    Posts
    1,152
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Austin Texas!

    One Spring me and my brother were fishing under a bridge, not really catching anything. A baby bird fell out of it's nest and was floppin around on the surface. My brother and me were watching that baby bird flutter around in the water when a big cat came up and hit that baby bird like a great white does seals. I was like damn we need to catch us some baby birds and use them as bait! Thought about designing my own baby bird lure.

Similar Threads

  1. Catfish
    By SoonerBounce in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: November 27th, 2012, 04:04 PM
  2. sperm whale.........blowfish.....
    By 87sooner in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: October 21st, 2012, 09:49 PM