Did OU just have a de-commit?

Posted 678 day(s) ago 5280 Views 106 Replies
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Suicidal Pony Did OU just have a de-commit?

Like the only o lineman so far?

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos

yup

Yep. I'm just going to come out and say it, we aren't winning another national championship with Bob Stoops. I don't care if he is here for another 20 years, it won't happen.
    6 users like XxSuBLiMexX's post: ab5sr, CNCSOONER, madillsoonerfan5353, sooner68, soonerintn, VRO405

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    Yep. I'm just going to come out and say it, we aren't winning another national championship with Bob Stoops. I don't care if he is here for another 20 years, it won't happen.
    Come on now. Overreacting much?
    7 users like COLLISON ANGRY's post: boleybuster, DHF, El Jefe, Irish_Sooner, Julz, Sooner Showtime, SoonerMinister

What the hell is going on with recruiting ... seriously.
    2 users like ltsooner's post: madillsoonerfan5353, soonirvana

Originally Posted by COLLISON ANGRY View Post
    No, we can't run the ball or stop the run IN THE BIG 12. We most certainly couldn't do either against a team that recruits live humans on their offensive and defensive lines.
    2 users like XxSuBLiMexX's post: madillsoonerfan5353, Sooners2007

Welcome to LT!

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    Welcome to LT!
    Retarded homers like you far outnumber the rational voices.

No, we can't run the ball or stop the run IN THE BIG 12. We most certainly couldn't do either against a team that recruits live humans on their offensive and defensive lines.
    We're never going to be perfect.

Welcome to LT!
    Haha my eyes have been opened. Better prepared now

We're never going to be perfect.
    lol, having ZERO commitments at our two biggest positions of need this late into the recruiting season isn't "imperfection", it is ineptitude.
    3 users like XxSuBLiMexX's post: CNCSOONER, soonerintn, soonerUthenMe

Retarded homers like you far outnumber the rational voices.
    I realize that there are problems in this program that urgently need to be addressed, but I also realize that it'd be beyond retarded to fire Stoops. If that makes me a "retarded homer", then fine. But running into a thread about an OL de-committing and claiming that we'll never win another National Championship with Stoops isn't exactly rational.

yes the OT we had committed that didn't play OT in high school decommitted to play DE at tulsa .. and the sky is falling
    6 users like BoulderSooner's post: andymancan20, BernieMadoff, OU812, SleestakkSooner, soonerguru, SoonerMinister

Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    yes the OT we had committed that didn't play OT in high school decommitted to play DE at tulsa .. and the sky is falling
    So we were recruiting a kit to play OT who didn't actually play OT? Why the hell were we doing that? And why in the blue **** wouldn't we just let him play DE?! Aren't we just a tiny bit thin there, too?

We only let failed TEs to play DE, or vice-versa.
    The following users like this post: Backintheday

Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    So we were recruiting a kit to play OT who didn't actually play OT? Why the hell were we doing that? And why in the blue **** wouldn't we just let him play DE?! Aren't we just a tiny bit thin there, too?
    Perhaps he's big and slow?

I realize that there are problems in this program that urgently need to be addressed, but I also realize that it'd be beyond retarded to fire Stoops. If that makes me a "retarded homer", then fine. But running into a thread about an OL de-committing and claiming that we'll never win another National Championship with Stoops isn't exactly rational.
    Well....OU will never win a NC again if they don't recruit some damn o-linemen. lol And I didin't even realize the only commit they had so far at the position was gonna be a convert. Yikes
    The following users like this post: DHF

It's not like this is the first and only one this year. There seems to be a major problem somewhere?

I think Shipp might still be capable of turning it around, but if Kittle isn't fired, there should be hell to pay.
    2 users like OnlyOne's post: DHF, Spade1000

You guys realize what the recruiting situation is like at our 2 biggest positions of need? I didn't think so. We will still be really good most of the time, but we have a gimmicky offense that doesn't rely on physicality, that is why we fold against good defenses. Our front 7 on the other side of the ball is even worse, Alabama would literally **** us so hard if we played them that ESPN would have to apologize to all children under 18 that witnessed the game.
    2 users like XxSuBLiMexX's post: ab5sr, madillsoonerfan5353

Welcome to the world of being a realist sublime. There's less heartbreak here.

That said ... Never is a long time!

Did OU just have a de-commit?

Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    Because the dude is 6'7. And we're fairly loaded with DEs.

Patton, Kittle, Shipp. The Dynamic Recruiting Trio said no ****ing one, eva

Originally Posted by ChpThril View Post
    Welcome to the world of being a realist sublime. There's less heartbreak here.

That said ... Never is a long time!
    I've been a realist for a long time you stupid prostitute.
    The following users like this post: ChpThril

You guys realize what the recruiting situation is like at our 2 biggest positions of need? I didn't think so. We will still be really good most of the time, but we have a gimmicky offense that doesn't rely on physicality, that is why we fold against good defenses. Our front 7 on the other side of the ball is even worse, Alabama would literally **** us so hard if we played them that ESPN would have to apologize to all children under 18 that witnessed the game.
    While I think Alabama would beat OU, I think it'd be closer than some people around here think. Alabama's DB's haven't done too well against decent QB's (which the SEC lacks). I think Lacy and Yeldon would run all over our defense, though. If OU played Alabama in the BCS game, I'd pick Alabama 35-24.

While I think Alabama would beat OU, I think it'd be closer than some people around here think. Alabama's DB's haven't done too well against decent QB's (which the SEC lacks). I think Lacy and Yeldon would run all over our defense, though. If OU played Alabama in the BCS game, I'd pick Alabama 35-24.
    That would be the score if we had our loaded team from 2008. The team this year? TOTAL ASS RAPING.

Mark it down right now. OU isn't going to win another championship EVER. That means, MNC/Big XII/WHATEVER. No more heisman's, all-americans, and it's all because of BOB STOOPS. WHAT A LOSER!!!!!!!

We are screwed. We might as well just blow it up. I can't even see myself cheering for this team anymore.

The recruits see it too. That's why we don't have any. Why are we even still fans?

In conclusion, this is the darkest timeline. I think LandThieves all together should make a suicide pact since there is no reason to live anymore. LET'S DO THIS GUYS. I MEAN IT'S OVER ANYWAY.

Also, OURage is the new OC. Congrats.

I'm gonna go burn my degree on the steps of the Biz

That would be the score if we had our loaded team from 2008. The team this year? TOTAL ASS RAPING.
    I think Sam would torch 2012 Alabama's defense. But if bad Landry showed up, it'd absolutely be an ass raping, but if Landry can get any kind of time to throw, he'd put up some decent numbers and we'd put some points on the board (not enough to win, though).

Originally Posted by BMR View Post
    Mark it down right now. OU isn't going to win another championship EVER. That means, MNC/Big XII/WHATEVER. No more heisman's, all-americans, and it's all because of BOB STOOPS. WHAT A LOSER!!!!!!!

We are screwed. We might as well just blow it up. I can't even see myself cheering for this team anymore.

The recruits see it too. That's why we don't have any. Why are we even still fans?

In conclusion, this is the darkest timeline. I think LandThieves all together should make a suicide pact since there is no reason to live anymore. LET'S DO THIS GUYS. I MEAN IT'S OVER ANYWAY.

Also, OURage is the new OC. Congrats.
    I thought you were smart.

I thought you were smart.
    Face it. As long as the SEC is as dominant as they are at the moment... We are going to be at least a step behind.

That doesn't mean we can't win again. These things go in cycles. Stoops can definitely win again. We just need some new blood that actually will recruit and give a damn.

I can't go that far into doom and gloom. It's just not healthy.

Randy Quaid sums up a 1/3 of LT's in 30 seconds.

Face it. As long as the SEC is as dominant as they are at the moment... We are going to be at least a step behind.

That doesn't mean we can't win again. These things go in cycles. Stoops can definitely win again. We just need some new blood that actually will recruit and give a damn.

Dude, we have offered like 100+ (guessing on that number, but it seems right) guys on the o-line and at d-tackle. Do you know how many decided to accept that offer? Zero. This isn't some cycle. This is indicative of a much bigger problem, a problem that we have seen major signs of the past few years. We are a mentally and physically weak team. That is our calling card. Stoops has embraced it, it isn't changing.

Dude, we have offered like 100+ (guessing on that number, but it seems right) guys on the o-line and at d-tackle. Do you know how many decided to accept that offer? Zero. This isn't some cycle. This is indicative of a much bigger problem, a problem that we have seen major signs of the past few years. We are a mentally and physically weak team. That is our calling card. Stoops has embraced it, it isn't changing.
    Changes will happen. I believe in that. If we start seeing 5 loss seasons every year, then I'll start asking for Stoops's head.

We'll surely pick up some JUCO OL's and be A-OK.

Do you believe Stoops will fire his drinking buddies and bring in that new blood you speak of?

Some of yall are tripping and not knowing why

I liked Dalton but Dalton wasnt going to play for 2-3 years any way as a OT. Let him go. We're on some jucos

Changes will happen. I believe in that. If we start seeing 5 loss seasons every year, then I'll start asking for Stoops's head.

We'll surely pick up some JUCO OL's and be A-OK.
    Didn't Texas lose 4 games this year? They were complete shit. The Big 12 is weak, regardless of how much we want to talk it up. If we have to be consistently worse than Texas was this season for you to realize there is a problem, you are delusional.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post

I liked Dalton but Dalton wasnt going to play for 2-3 years any way as a OT. Let him go. We're on some jucos
    It's your birthday and you can be a retard if you want to, but our recruiting is utter bollocks.

Didn't Texas lose 4 games this year? They were complete shit. The Big 12 is weak, regardless of how much we want to talk it up. If we have to be consistently worse than Texas was this season for you to realize there is a problem, you are delusional.
    Hey, honestly. I couldn't care less. Josh Hamilton just went to the Angels.

Why don't you call up Stoops and ask him if you could step in and do a little coaching and recruiting. I'm sure he's just been waiting to hear from you. ****
    2 users like Dan the Man's post: freedombird, tennsooner

So, are we not going to have an OLine next year?

Will we be playing the 2- 4- 5 Defense?

Originally Posted by The View Post
    So, are we not going to have an OLine next year?

Will we be playing the 2- 4- 5 Defense?
    Yes.

Originally Posted by Dan the Man View Post
    Why don't you call up Stoops and ask him if you could step in and do a little coaching and recruiting. I'm sure he's just been waiting to hear from you. ****
    Sorry to upset you, "Dan the Man".

Yes.
    I did a googling, and found several NFL teams actually run 2-4-5 and 1-5-5 defenses.

I did not know that was a real thing.

And we could run the A11 offense.

We're gold.

Originally Posted by The View Post
    I did a googling, and found several NFL teams actually run 2-4-5 and 1-5-5 defenses.

I did not know that was a real thing.

And we could run the A11 offense.

We're gold.

The game.

We're changing it.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post

Are we? Which ones again? I was on rivals gridiron (juco) the other day and didn't see that many listed.

The game.

We're changing it.
    Not much different than the Mickey Mouse O we currently run.

And Blake Bell would kill in the A11.

Originally Posted by ab5sr View Post
    Are we? Which ones again? I was on rivals gridiron (juco) the other day and didn't see that many listed.
    We are on "some", don't worry. We only offered the dozens of other guys to trick the other teams into taking them. We are still in prime position to get our top prospects. /'tard

False. So you're saying this years Aggie team is better than our 2008 team? Really???

Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    False. So you're saying this years Aggie team is better than our 2008 team? Really???
    Your point is invalid. Do you think last years Texas Tech team was better than us?