Did OU just have a de-commit?

Posted 712 day(s) ago by Turk5333 Views 106 Replies
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

You people get more butthurt over high school kids than a pedophile.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Some of yall are tripping and not knowing why

I liked Dalton but Dalton wasnt going to play for 2-3 years any way as a OT. Let him go. We're on some jucos
    Thank you for the perspective.

Originally Posted by XxSuBLiMexX View Post
    Yep. I'm just going to come out and say it, we aren't winning another national championship with Bob Stoops. I don't care if he is here for another 20 years, it won't happen.
    Drama queen for the day

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    You people get more butthurt over high school kids than a pedophile.
    So your saying the pedophile is the catcher?

Originally Posted by The View Post
    So, are we not going to have an OLine next year?

Will we be playing the 2- 4- 5 Defense?
    What about the 1-1-9? It's just the opposite of your 9-1-1 defense you took to Arky State.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    What about the 1-1-9? It's just the opposite of your 9-1-1 defense you took to Arky State.
    Dare them to run it.

I like it.

Hello! Film less commercials. Use time to ID better OL/DL and sign them.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:25 AM.

I like Sublime.

I like what he does for this board.

Keep fighting on, Sublime.
    2 users like Written's post: ab5sr, McRib

That would be the score if we had our loaded team from 2008. The team this year? TOTAL ASS RAPING.
    Your a dumb mother ****er

Originally Posted by 85sooners View Post
    Ahhhh sweet, delicious irony.
    5 users like drumhead23us's post: BMR, DIB, lobster999, StiffArmTrophy, XxSuBLiMexX

Originally Posted by 85sooners View Post
    What about his a dumb mother ****er?

Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Drama queen for the day
    The day?

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    Realizing and admitting you have a problem is the first step. Bob seems incapable of seeing that there is a problem. We will continue to be competitive only because the big 12 has become a pathetic excuse for a conference.

Unless bob changes or realizes his problems, we will never win another mnc with him as coach.

Problem is, though, that OU can't fire bob or ask bob for changes. Any attempt to do so will come off pretty bad in the coaching community. OU could easily go the path of tennessee and become irrelevant because nobody would want to follow stoops if he got fired with his record.
    Then no more pay raises

Realizing and admitting you have a problem is the first step. Bob seems incapable of seeing that there is a problem. We will continue to be competitive only because the big 12 has become a pathetic excuse for a conference.

Unless bob changes or realizes his problems, we will never win another mnc with him as coach.

Problem is, though, that OU can't fire bob or ask bob for changes. Any attempt to do so will come off pretty bad in the coaching community. OU could easily go the path of tennessee and become irrelevant because nobody would want to follow stoops if he got fired with his record.
    Then no more pay raises

So, seriously. I don't follow recruiting because it's for dweebs.

Are we or are we not going to have an O line next year?

First A&M and now Tulsa is out recruiting us. Who's next, NEO?

Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    So your saying the pedophile is the catcher?
    No. I am saying you sniff the jock of high school boys.

Originally Posted by The View Post
    So, seriously. I don't follow recruiting because it's for dweebs.

Are we or are we not going to have an O line next year?
    It depends how many tight ends we get and how quickly we can fatten them up. Refer to me from now on as Mr. Dweeb, please.

It depends how many tight ends we get and how quickly we can fatten them up. Refer to me from now on as Mr. Dweeb, please.
    Thnax, Mr. Dweeb.

Follow Up: Do we even have any TE's on roster at this point?

No. I am saying you sniff the jock of high school boys.
    Me? The guy who never post. Much less post drooling over recruits? Makes about as much sense as the rest of your post.

This thread is ****ing awesome.
    The following users like this post: OUrage

Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    Me? The guy who never post. Much less post drooling over recruits? Makes about as much sense as the rest of your post.
    Dont put words in my... er, keyboard.
    The following users like this post: oudidntknow84

The following users like this post: OU48A

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:24 AM.

What if we let the Dalton kid play DT? He likes defense better. There- I just did Jackie Shipp's job for him.

Dude, we have offered like 100+ (guessing on that number, but it seems right) guys on the o-line and at d-tackle. Do you know how many decided to accept that offer? Zero. This isn't some cycle. This is indicative of a much bigger problem, a problem that we have seen major signs of the past few years. We are a mentally and physically weak team. That is our calling card. Stoops has embraced it, it isn't changing.
    Mentally weak teams don't make clutch plays when needed like OU made in our last three games. RELAX.

Originally Posted by Onikuno View Post
    Mentally weak teams don't make clutch plays when needed like OU made in our last three games. RELAX.
    Barely beating teams we were supposed to beat in the first place is spectacular and all but what happened in the close games with the teams who were worth a damn? We folded... at home.

Awesome! Opens up an offer for another wr.

Barely beating teams we were supposed to beat in the first place is spectacular and all but what happened in the close games with the teams who were worth a damn? We folded... at home.
    No one is happy that we don't have one single OL or DT in this class. There's two months left till LOI day. Wait and see what happens. That's all we can do at this point. I'm not ready to jump off the deep end yet. Not saying all is sunshine and rainbows either. We're not where Texas is yet. Just take a deep breath and chill. It'll be fine.
    2 users like Onikuno's post: DirtySouth_Sooner, Stoops'Visor

Originally Posted by Onikuno View Post
    No one is happy that we don't have one single OL or DT in this class. There's two months left till LOI day. Wait and see what happens. That's all we can do at this point. I'm not ready to jump off the deep end yet. Not saying all is sunshine and rainbows either. We're not where Texas is yet. Just take a deep breath and chill. It'll be fine.
    no point using reason with him. he's complaining about close wins. we lose at home he complains about "can't win at home", we lose on the road "can't win on the road". unless we go undefeated, he's pissed. and if we do go undefeated then "we go lucky". blah blah blah.

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    no point using reason with him. he's complaining about close wins. we lose at home he complains about "can't win at home", we lose on the road "can't win on the road". unless we go undefeated, he's pissed. and if we do go undefeated then "we go lucky". blah blah blah.
    Sorry that you don't like facts.

I'm pretty sure most of what you said would be considered observations. Either way you have some good observations (even if your delivery could use polishing). We havent been as physical on the lines as we needed to the past few years but offensively we have schemed around that weakness fairly well.

I would like to load up on 4 and 5 star DTs and O-line but my confidence in the staff being able to develop the guys that want to come to OU is sky high.

We will field a complete team next year. We will compete for a big XII championship. If we win all of our games we will play for the crystal.

well what "facts" contributed to your statement that we got lucky and won a national championship?

The following users like this post: CNCSOONER

2012 Stoops and staff does not equal 2000 Stoops and staff
    what the hell does that have to do with us "getting lucking"

Originally Posted by BAMFSooner View Post
    What if we let the Dalton kid play DT? He likes defense better. There- I just did Jackie Shipp's job for him.
    Because he is not good enough to play DT?

Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Because he is not good enough to play DT?
    He's too tall to play DT. He played DE the entire season for Union.

Originally Posted by Written View Post
    I like Sublime.

I like what he does for this board.

Keep fighting on, Sublime.
    His name is Greyjoy.
    The following users like this post: XxSuBLiMexX

People here are ****ing retarded. Complained when we got this kid because he wasn't a true OT, then complained again when he decommitted.

I have a feeling there are MANY here missing the bigger picture.

Uhhh! Havent you heard,

[bounce]a 7-5 OsU is a big game. Playing a 4 consecutive losses team like WVU on the road at night also makes it a huge game. Beating them both barely = Great season....Success!!. [/bounce]

Bob's biggest problem, he has done what other coaches have done and hired friends, family and former players. This is a recipe for disaster in alot of cases. You become complacent and think you can plug anyone into a position because they know your system and it will work. The truth is the talent at the positon coach level has fallen off from where it was in 2000. Our recruiting to date is pathetic and will come and bite this staff in the ass if they cannot turn it around.
    I wont say Bob will never win another National Championship while he is at Oklahoma but he is going to have to make some drastic changes in the coaching staff to get it done.

I heard he went to A&M

How many people panicking about recruiting held the opinion about 3 yrs ago that we should stop recruiting five stars and go with the in state kids who REALLY were passionate about being a Sooner?

What does the 2000 MNC have to do with our 2012 recruiting struggles and the current state of our program? Is it a get out of jail free card? Is it validation and rationalization for accepting mediocrity?

Billy Tubbs did things for our basketball program that had never been done before. Towards the end of his tenure recruiting slipped as did results. Yet people continued to hide their head in the sand because of his past and what he meant to the program. Years later, Tubbs admitted he lost his fire and recruiting while at OU.

A 2000 MNC, while incredible, means very little to current recruits that were 5 or 6 at the time. If you are using any sort of job performance metric, results form 12 years ago, while they should account for some loyalty, have little bearing on the current job.
    based on your analysis ... every coach should get canned minus saban and kelly next year because other than the NC, other accomplishments don't mean crap. 11-2 season is mediocrity?

Our recruiting class this year we can all agree is poor considering the needs at DT/OL. But its one year ... and that year isn't even over. Because surely you can't say last year was a bad class (shepard, neal, etc.).

As for recruits, the top priorities for them i would think would be: winning program, facilities, chance to play early, pro opportunities, coaching stability, education, etc. .... we have it all.

Yes, we need to make changes to get better. but to make whole sale changes after an 11-2 season is stupid. Oh, and how many basketball championships did we win after Tubbs? Are we a better basketball program today then with Tubbs. Wholesale change isn't always good.

How many people panicking about recruiting held the opinion about 3 yrs ago that we should stop recruiting five stars and go with the in state kids who REALLY were passionate about being a Sooner?
    You mean like the in-state kids that just decommitted?
    The following users like this post: XxSuBLiMexX

Other than OU not having won a MNC in 12 yrs, what makes this yrs conf any different from the Big 8/12 since....well, forever? (Save a very few years)

Re: Did OU just have a de-commit?

Originally Posted by 3xt View Post
    You mean like the in-state kids that just decommitted?
    Snip Snap!

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos