Sooner Sports TV Goes National on FCS

Posted 676 day(s) ago 1523 Views 33 Replies

SoonerSports.com Sooner Sports TV Goes National on FCS

NORMAN, Okla. -- Sooner Sports TV has reached an agreement with Fox College Sports to distribute its content to a nationwide audience, the University of Oklahoma Athletics Department announced Thursday.

http://www.soonersports.com/genrel/121312aac.html
    5 users like El Jefe's post: drspencer, Jestermonkey, OnlyOne, OU48A, Vodnik

Bad ass.

I've been able to get it all here in Houston, but glad everyone else will now get it.

Here's to the destruction of PPV.

What sucks is sometimes the coverage gets moves moved from FSOK or whatever onto FCS, which I don't get in HD. I hate the fact that I never know which channel the programming is going to be on.
    The following users like this post: OrlandoSooner

In yo ****in face Longhorn Network!!!

80 million homes?

wow

This has got to mean more money and more exposure to OU recruits for all sports.

Sooner Sports TV has reached an agreement with Fox College Sports to distribute its content to a nationwide audience, the University of Oklahoma Athletics Department announced Thursday.

In addition to coverage on Fox Sports Southwest and Fox Sports Oklahoma, Fox College Sports (FCS) will broadcast nearly 400 hours of Sooner Sports TV-produced programming across its three digital cable networks -- FCS Atlantic, FCS Central and FCS Pacific.

FCS features men's and women's competitions across a broad range of NCAA-sanctioned sports highlights by perennial powers from the Big 12, PAC-12, SEC, as well as other top conferences. The three networks combine to telecast more than 900 live NCAA events over the course of a year in addition to an extensive lineup of collegiate coaches and magazine shows from around the country.

Available to more than 80 million homes and is seen in the nation's 25 largest cities, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, San Diego and Dallas, FCS is carried by most major television service providers in premium subscription packages.

The arrangement adds live events and replays, as well as feature programming and regularly-scheduled weekly shows such as Sooner Sports Talk, Sooner Hoops with Lon Kruger and Sooner Basketball with Sherri Coale.

OU women's basketball's Sunday matchup with Vanderbilt University will be the network's feature program this weekend with live coverage airing on FCS Central at 2 p.m. Central and same-day replays following on FCS Atlantic at 4 p.m. and FCS Pacific at 6 p.m.

FCS Central will also air live Sooner Sports TV's daily Cotton Bowl Practice Report from inside Cowboys Stadium beginning Dec. 31.
    The following users like this post: drspencer

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    80 million homes?

wow
    and is seen in the nation's 25 largest cities, including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Houston, San Diego and Dallas......

Nearly 400 hours of OU Athletics programming will bebroadcast to 80 million homes….

This looks like a more sustainable model than the longhorn network.

Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

Hey look guys... suddenly it appears the the OU administration and Dave Boren kind of know what the **** they are doing... hmmmm... imagine that.

i think with this deal i believe that OU red white game going to be Live and hopefully OU Football game in the fall won't be on PPV

Awesome. That's a huge move for OU and the overall stability of the B12.

It will take a dire and drastic situation for our leaders to move away from this setup. OU will get to control our branding by ourselves, produce our own messaging, and distribute it on a nation-wide platform with a major TV ally. And we'll make money. That's a sweet deal.

Big move for OU.

80 million homes covering the nation's 25 largest cities? We need better sets with a quickness.

Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    80 million homes covering the nation's 25 largest cities? We need better sets with a quickness.
    You don't want the entire nation to see high production value shows like "Sooner Sports Pad"?
    The following users like this post: OnlyOne

Originally Posted by lash View Post
    Awesome. That's a huge move for OU and the overall stability of the B12.

It will take a dire and drastic situation for our leaders to move away from this setup. OU will get to control our branding by ourselves, produce our own messaging, and distribute it on a nation-wide platform with a major TV ally. And we'll make money. That's a sweet deal.

Big move for OU.
    Agree …..With OU and Texas both having significant TV network deals and with other conference members also making their own TV deals this can only serve to stabilize the conferenceand. This could make it more attractive to other high end university’s that may want to join the BIG 12.

Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    What sucks is sometimes the coverage gets moves moved from FSOK or whatever onto FCS, which I don't get in HD. I hate the fact that I never know which channel the programming is going to be on.
    Nobody gets the FCS channels in HD. It's a joke.
    I've had Verizon FiOS, DirecTV, AT&T U-Verse, and Time Warner Cable over the last 2 years, and not a single one has had FCS in HD. I doubt the channels even exist in HD.

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    I've had Verizon FiOS, DirecTV, AT&T U-Verse, and Time Warner Cable over the last 2 years, and not a single one has had FCS in HD. I doubt the channels even exist in HD.
    when the channel started to air stuff on Cox i ask a Cox Rep on FB and ask if FCS is in HD and they say NO its not in HD

I have Comcast and I'm pretty sure I get FCS in HD. I will check when I get home, but none the less.. I don't give two shits if its in HD or not. I will still watch.

Well, the LHN is on in 80 million homes in NODEF... so they got THAT going for them.

No hd on uverse, but it will eventually change.

Originally Posted by PIT PAT View Post
    It is too bad they are skimping on the quality of the programs. Hanging a shower curtain at Red Lobster is really an embarrassment. Then throw in shows like Sooner Sports Pad with two hosts who borrowed their fathers JC Penny suits and a young (somehow less attractive) Holly Rowe talking to 20 people on fold out bleachers. Last night, I kid you not, they had young Holly Rowe selling hats and shit like it was Home Shopping Channel.

If you wanna be big time, hire a production company and quit farming out the work to unpaid interns and students.
    The Girl is Jessica Coody who use to work for News 9 and now works for Sooner Sports tv Same as Chad McKee

maybe some defensive tackles will watch
    I knew of Chad McKee back when he was at osu, must have come to the good side

Originally Posted by PIT PAT View Post
    It is too bad they are skimping on the quality of the programs. Hanging a shower curtain at Red Lobster is really an embarrassment. Then throw in shows like Sooner Sports Pad with two hosts who borrowed their fathers JC Penny suits and a young (somehow less attractive) Holly Rowe talking to 20 people on fold out bleachers. Last night, I kid you not, they had young Holly Rowe selling hats and shit like it was Home Shopping Channel.

If you wanna be big time, hire a production company and quit farming out the work to unpaid interns and students.
    So, is she as good at sex as Holly Rowe is... um, I mean looks like she is?

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    Well, the LHN is on in 80 million homes in NODEF... so they got THAT going for them.
    Haha, true.
    It's just amazing to me that there is a channel going into the year 2013 that is not broadcast in HD, and it's the one channel OU has a contract with.

FSOk, FSSW and FSPlus are all in HD. Why is FCS not in HD?

Anybody on DISH that could tell me what channel it will be? I am assuming I will need to call them and add it....I am in Arkansas

Originally Posted by Boomersoonr7xchamps View Post
    Anybody on DISH that could tell me what channel it will be? I am assuming I will need to call them and add it....I am in Arkansas
    You don't get it, buddy.

DISH does some weird, mulit sports package deal where they only show games from Fox, and nothing else.

oh okay...

Originally Posted by Boomersoonr7xchamps View Post
    oh okay...
    You should thank me for the information.

That would be polite.

I have Dish Network and don't get either FCS or FS Oklahoma. FS Oklahoma is not available CONUS.

Drop Dish and get Directv!

Yeah. Im not one to pimp a company but directv does rock. Unless it is stormy. Luckily ive only missed about 10 min of one OU game in the last 6 years from it.

From Bevo
    Sooner Fox TV Network

ChuckCarltonDMN: Apparently, Fox and OU deal already announced, as @BlairKerkhoff notes from OU website. Here's the breakdown: http://t.co/Krcw4rtS

Sooner Sports TV powered by FOX Sports provides the most comprehensive broadcast coverage of the Sooners ever offered.

The network's programming is being delivered
    on existing FOX Sports channels including FS Southwest, FS Oklahoma and FS Oklahoma+.

Additionally, archived video content including game highlights, features and more is available through the network's digital outlet, SoonerSports.tv.

View channel listings, programming schedule and more details below. Additional information will be released as it becomes available.

Interesting. Have to hand it to them. They already have more coverage than the LHN. Though not as much live sports. Funny that their game against Florida A&M is being replayed on Sunday but not shown live on Saturday. That game is PPV. I didn't see a Bob Stoops Bag of $#@!s luncheon as a featured show.

http://www.soonersports.com/multimed....html#schedule