Do you personally know anyone that was denied admission to OU?

Posted 593 day(s) ago 1127 Views 44 Replies
    vCash

If so, why were they not accepted? Whatever became of them?

vCash

OU denies people?
    2 users like The's post: party1234, TenYards

vCash

Re: Do you personally know anyone that was denied admission to OU?

Originally Posted by Breastman View Post
    Whatever became of them?
    They went to oSu.
    3 users like Jason's post: hOUrricane, Jbaker, lauderdaleOU

vCash

Who the **** cares!
    The following users like this post: The Baconator®

vCash

His name is David. You may have heard of him.

I'm sorry you were denied admission.

I do. She ended up going to KU. It was back in the 90's but I always thought that was odd. I dont remember why she got denied.

vCash

Yeah, had good enough grades and ACT scores to get in. But didn't knock either one out of the ball park. Was not an Oklahoma resident and therefore, placed on waiting list. Ended up going elsewhere.

Couldn't grow a mullet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 users like PokeJ's post: shamankeefsmangledfingers, The

vCash

Not personally, but when I was going to college, if your check cleared you were admitted to OU.

NOW however, it's tougher, especially for out of state students. OU is still relatively inexpensive compared to many state Universities.

vCash

I am recruiter for OCCC. So, Yes.

Yep, got denied for pharmacy school a few years back.

Not for undergraduate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Had a couple friends from high school get denied. They ended up at OSU, Tech, or community college.

vCash

Oklahoma vs. Kansas

Originally Posted by SoulRebel View Post
    I do. She ended up going to KU. It was back in the 90's but I always thought that was odd. I dont remember why she got denied.
    KU is a better school than OU.

Originally Posted by Tug Medick View Post
    Which is why I found it odd
    2 users like SoulRebel's post: SiouxCitySooner, Tug Medick

I suppose it depends on what you're studying. Does KU have a better business or engineering school than OU?

This is debatable.
    The following users like this post: TenYards

vCash

Originally Posted by Sinatra View Post
    I suppose it depends on what you're studying. Does KU have a better business or engineering school than OU?
    I'll give the nod to KU

Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    This is debatable.
    Not in my mind.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:23 AM.

vCash
    Don't live in Wichita, but I am a Sooner.

I'll give the nod to KU

Not in my mind.
    You are wrong

vCash

Originally Posted by MikeLucky View Post
    You are wrong
    Shut up

vCash

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    Not according to us news and world report college rankings.
    They are wrong.

vCash

They are wrong.
    You are wrong again.
    The following users like this post: Tug Medick

vCash

KU is a good school. OU is a good school. I hate to admit it, but Lawrence is a cooler college town than Norman.
    2 users like beelzeBob's post: LordOfLittlePeople, Tug Medick

vCash

KU is gooder

vCash

Originally Posted by beelzeBob View Post
    KU is a good school. OU is a good school. I hate to admit it, but Lawrence is a cooler college town than Norman.
    Pffffft... maybe if you are a flaming liberal that likes lame shit like hills, haunted hotels, and basketball. **** that noise.

vCash

Originally Posted by jOUhn View Post
    His name is David. You may have heard of him.
    Not me. I got in twice. Once outta high school, once after my freshman year at UCO.

Deal with it.

vCash

Pffffft... maybe if you are a flaming liberal that likes lame shit like hills, haunted hotels, and basketball. **** that noise.
    Or a music scene, a bar scene, microbreweries that can actually brew 6 pt beer, and cops that dont bust you for PI the moment you step out of the bar. Also a campus corner that is fun for college students with more than just antique stores and overpriced preppie clothing stores.

vCash

Or a music scene, a bar scene, microbreweries that can actually brew 6 pt beer, and cops that dont bust you for PI the moment you step out of the bar. Also a campus corner that is fun for college students with more than just antique stores and overpriced preppie clothing stores.
    I don't think you are doing Campus Corner right... There are MANY good places on CC to get drunk enough to get arrested the minute you walk out of the bar... if you are into that sort of thing.

But, it really begs the question. What kind of drunk ass dooshnozzle are you that you are THAT leery of getting busted for PI by Norman cops? I've been getting drunk and doing stupid shit in Norman and CC for about 20 years now and I never once felt like it was some great danger of getting a PI.

vCash

Have ever hung out in Lawrence? Do you actually know what you are talking about?

Where is a good concert venue on CC?

Where can you get 6 pt microbrew on CC?
    The following users like this post: Tug Medick

vCash

vCash

Have ever hung out in Lawrence? Do you actually know what you are talking about?

Where is a good concert venue on CC?

Where can you get 6 pt microbrew on CC?
    I grew up in Kansas and received a full scholarship offer to go to KU... so yeah, I'm familiar with Lawrence...

But, honestly I could give a shit about live music scene... If I cared THAT much about it I would have gone to ****ing ut for college. And, is a 6pt microbrew seriously THAT IMPORTANT? These seem like some pretty small things to be so concernced about. But hey... to each his own.

vCash

I grew up in Kansas and received a full scholarship offer to go to KU... so yeah, I'm familiar with Lawrence...

But, honestly I could give a shit about live music scene... If I cared THAT much about it I would have gone to ****ing ut for college. And, is a 6pt microbrew seriously THAT IMPORTANT? These seem like some pretty small things to be so concernced about. But hey... to each his own.
    Familiar does not mean you've been there. I'm familiar with Stoolwater. For all I know you grew up in Wichita, got the offer to KU, but never actually spent time there.

Live music and a good bar scene are pretty important to me for a cool college town. What is the point of brewing 3.2 beer? What is so great about Norman as a college town IYO? The nice library? The arches? The landscaping?

vCash

I don't think you are doing Campus Corner right... There are MANY good places on CC to get drunk enough to get arrested the minute you walk out of the bar... if you are into that sort of thing.

But, it really begs the question. What kind of drunk ass dooshnozzle are you that you are THAT leery of getting busted for PI by Norman cops? I've been getting drunk and doing stupid shit in Norman and CC for about 20 years now and I never once felt like it was some great danger of getting a PI.
    Also, the point is to NOT get arrested the moment you step out of the bar. I guess Im the kind of Douchnozzle that doesnt like being harrassed by cops who dont really do any other part of their job. Ive never been arrested but several friends have.I dont think anyone enjoys getting arrested. That is pretty stupid assumption on your part.

vCash

Familiar does not mean you've been there. I'm familiar with Stoolwater. For all I know you grew up in Wichita, got the offer to KU, but never actually spent time there.

Live music and a good bar scene are pretty important to me for a cool college town. What is the point of brewing 3.2 beer? What is so great about Norman as a college town IYO? The nice library? The arches? The landscaping?
    I've done my share of partying in Lawrence. It just wasn't that cool to me. I've just never felt like Norman was at a shortage for bars/restaurants. Aside from live music, I don't know what else it is you are looking for in a bar scene. Norman and even CC have a good mix. Now, the 6 point issue isn't a Norman issue, that's a state issue. But, honestly I can get a coaches brew and I don't sit there stewing because it's not 6 point. Does it really make THAT much of a difference? If I just NEED a six point I'll order an import bottle. Again, it just seems like a small thing to be so hung up on to me.

I know this... I have NEVER felt like I'm missing anything because of the bar scene in Norman. When I go out I'm with my friends we have a great time no matter where we go. So, I guess I just don't see what you main contention is, unless live music is just that important to you.

Also, the point is to NOT get arrested the moment you step out of the bar. I guess Im the kind of Douchnozzle that doesnt like being harrassed by cops who dont really do any other part of their job. Ive never been arrested but several friends have.I dont think anyone enjoys getting arrested. That is pretty stupid assumption on your part.
    It wasn't so much as an assumption as how you made it sound... you make it sound like being harrassed by cops is just a scourge that makes Lawrence so much better than Norman. I am messican and I drink and I have never ONCE been even close to harrassed by police. And, in all my years in Norman and partying on CC the ONLY time I've ever seen cops doing much of anything is when some drunkass needs to be dealt with. So, again I just wonder what it is you are doing that makes you bring up the cop harrassment like you did.

Like I said, different strokes man... if you like Lawrence better, that's your prerogative. But, to me other than some terrain and a different favorite sport... there really isn't that much difference between the two places. Just my opinion.

vCash

I've done my share of partying in Lawrence. It just wasn't that cool to me. I've just never felt like Norman was at a shortage for bars/restaurants. Aside from live music, I don't know what else it is you are looking for in a bar scene. Norman and even CC have a good mix. Now, the 6 point issue isn't a Norman issue, that's a state issue. But, honestly I can get a coaches brew and I don't sit there stewing because it's not 6 point. Does it really make THAT much of a difference? If I just NEED a six point I'll order an import bottle. Again, it just seems like a small thing to be so hung up on to me.

I know this... I have NEVER felt like I'm missing anything because of the bar scene in Norman. When I go out I'm with my friends we have a great time no matter where we go. So, I guess I just don't see what you main contention is, unless live music is just that important to you.

It wasn't so much as an assumption as how you made it sound... you make it sound like being harrassed by cops is just a scourge that makes Lawrence so much better than Norman. I am messican and I drink and I have never ONCE been even close to harrassed by police. And, in all my years in Norman and partying on CC the ONLY time I've ever seen cops doing much of anything is when some drunkass needs to be dealt with. So, again I just wonder what it is you are doing that makes you bring up the cop harrassment like you did.

Like I said, different strokes man... if you like Lawrence better, that's your prerogative. But, to me other than some terrain and a different favorite sport... there really isn't that much difference between the two places. Just my opinion.
    It is about the music for me. I do love free state brewery and wish we had something like it. I have lived in Norman since 4th grade and I probably have more experience with the police than you do, however, you can find alot of stories on this board about the Norman PD being ****s. In high school my biggest crime was having long hair. I got harrased almost on a weekly basis just because of how I looked. If you have not been harrassed by them yet it is either a matter of time or you are just lucky.

Originally Posted by Breastman View Post
    If so, why were they not accepted? Whatever became of them?
    Not even trying to be funny, but my nephew was denied entrance this year. He went to OSU. He was accepted at OSU, Arkansas and Kansas, but not OU. OU has more difficult entrance requirements than most local schools.

About 7-8 years ago I had another family member denied entrance. They went to TCC for one year and reapplied. They got in the second time and graduated from OU a few years later.

Originally Posted by Redhawk View Post
    Not personally, but when I was going to college, if your check cleared you were admitted to OU.

NOW however, it's tougher, especially for out of state students. OU is still relatively inexpensive compared to many state Universities.
    I went to OU in the late 80s/early 90s. If you had a pulse, you got accepted. Since Boren took over the entrance requirements have increased dramatically.

It may be. That is debatable. What is not debatable is that US News ranks OU ahead of KU, and KU's entrance requirements (which you can certainly look up if you are so inclined) are lower than OUs.

vCash

OU also raised requirements when the texas schools came into the BIG 12 because UT said so.

OU also raised requirements when the texas schools came into the BIG 12 because UT said so.
    What's funny is you could graduate from OU, UT or KU as an engineer, business or a medical graduate and your salaries arent that different. Regardless of where US News ranks one over the other.

Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    What's funny is you could graduate from OU, UT or KU as an engineer, business or a medical graduate and your salaries arent that different. Regardless of where US News ranks one over the other.
    Definitely. The same could be said of most schools. School ranking has nothing to do with the quality of the graduate. I've worked with worthless Stanford Grads and brilliant NSU grads.

Originally Posted by CobraKai View Post
    Definitely. The same could be said of most schools. School ranking has nothing to do with the quality of the graduate. I've worked with worthless Stanford Grads and brilliant NSU grads.
    Agreed, unless you went to a Top 10 school when it comes to being a Lawyer or MBA your chances of making the same salary as everyone else is about the same. So when people get in debt worth a fortune to go to NYU, Harvard, USC especially on student loans for an undergrad degree of any kind is really really mind boggling.

vCash

So it's settled then, KU is better than OU. Solid work, fellas.