ESPN Longhorn Network signs a 5 year deal with Cox Communication

Posted 497 day(s) ago 2464 Views 26 Replies

Fuck Texas ESPN Longhorn Network signs a 5 year deal with Cox Communication

https://twitter.com/ourand_sbj/statu...51241442729984
    https://twitter.com/ourand_sbj/statu...51516685557762
    Ourand_SBJ: ESPN signed its third long-term carriage deal of the year. This latest one is with Cox, the country's 5th biggest distributor.
    Ourand_SBJ: ESPN's Cox deal includes Longhorn Network carriage in Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas and Kansas.

The following users like this post: Dr Sleep

vCash

<--------Proceeds to lock channel on my DVR.

we don't know what channel its going to be on Cox.I think they are going to start showing the channel tomorrow

this is from Cox Oklahoma CoxOklahomaHelp: @OKCThunderdude We don't currently carry the Longhorns Network in our channel lineup. We'll be sure to let you know if anything changes!

as soon as they do, i will call cox and let them know i am switching to direct tv.

It amazes me that they convinced themselves that the nation just wants to get non-stop coverage over their average athletic program and especially their declining football team.

vCash

Human nature to rubberneck when a dumpster is on fire.

Originally Posted by Stein7495 View Post
    It amazes me that they convinced themselves that the nation just wants to get non-stop coverage over their average athletic program and especially their declining football team.
    Theyre trying to compensate for their shitty performances over the past several years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

vCash

Who cares?

vCash

I don't care. It is a bit little to late compared to what the Sooners have with Fox Sports.

vCash

Originally Posted by thefranchise17 View Post
    as soon as they do, i will call cox and let them know i am switching to direct tv.
    Call and let them know before!

vCash

wish we would add BTN and Pac 12 network ..

vCash

gives mac a "too many other obligations" excuse for sucking bad next year too.

Cox Xucks.

This is fantastic news!

I understand that Mack has agreed to reveal Sally's super secretive recipe for ****e-pecan cookies.

Goodbye, Oprah! I'm moving to LHN!

vCash

I've had LHN for quite a while on my U-verse in Lubbock. Don't recall ever tuning in for the crap they show. LHN = Giant fail!

Its actually not a bad channel to have. It was quite fun watching it OU week and especially the week after.

Watching Mack, Harsin & Diaz have to do shows recapping the game was gold.

http://cox.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=642

As part of the new multi-year agreement, WatchESPN (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, ESPN Goal Line and ESPN Buzzer Beater) launches today as the first of TWDC’s existing authenticated products being made available to Cox customers. Additional authenticated products including WATCH Disney Channel, WATCH Disney XD and WATCH Disney Junior will launch next week. The to-be-launched WATCH ABC and WATCH ABC Family services will also be made available to Cox customers. These products will give Cox customers more opportunities to access live and video on demand content, both in-home and out-of-home, on their computers, smartphones, tablets and gaming consoles.

In total, approximately 70 services are covered by the broad scope of this agreement including: ABC, ABC Family, ABC News/Univision Joint Venture, Disney Channel, Disney Junior, Disney XD, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN Deportes, ESPNEWS, ESPN Classic, ESPN Goal Line, ESPN Buzzer Beater, ESPN 3D, ESPN GamePlan, ESPN Full Court, ESPN3, Longhorn Network and retransmission consent for KABC-TV, as well as more than 10 high-definition networks.

Originally Posted by Lubbock Sooner View Post
    I've had LHN for quite a while on my U-verse in Lubbock. Don't recall ever tuning in for the crap they show. LHN = Giant fail!
    Their postgame show after the butt kicking in the Cotton Bowl was worth watching! But that is about it.

vCash

watch ABC will be interesting ... that with watch espn is about 70% of college football now on mobile devices
    The following users like this post: PIT PAT

vCash

to hell with cox, mack and the lhn, if cox was the only carrier in town I would listen to the radio. They screwed me for the last time. Have been with direct for about six months and I'am saving about 20 dollars a month. cox can suck it.

http://newsok.com/cox-to-begin-carry...lick=columnist
    The Longhorn Network in Oklahoma? It might seem like an unlikely pairing, but Cox Communications plans to begin carrying the Longhorn Network in Oklahoma as part of a new distribution agreement with The Walt Disney Co., which owns the network.
    Cox spokesman Christine Martin said the system has not yet decided on a channel position for the network or start date, but it would be available on the sports tier.
    After launching in August 2011, the Longhorn Network has struggled to gain subscribers in Texas and across the country. The network aired three Texas football games this season.
    As part of the new multiyear agreement, WatchESPN also launched as the first of Disney's existing authenticated products being made available to Cox customers. The companies also announced that ESPNEWS and ESPN Classic will be added to Cox TV Connect, Cox's proprietary app that allows customers to watch live TV on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch from anywhere in their homes.

Interesting to see the spin from the Texas people and LHN. Reality is the deal was through Disney for their literally hundreds of different media properties. Of course I'm biased but it looks to me like the LHN was a throw in.. Kind of like the car dealer guy who throws in those back seat floor mats. You know they're not worth shit but you have no reason to say no.

vCash

People still watch TV thru cable? Hmmmm....

It mentions that it will be on the air in OK, Ark, Kansas, La. Does this deal involve any Texas markets?

Originally Posted by Blatant Homerism View Post
    It mentions that it will be on the air in OK, Ark, Kansas, La. Does this deal involve any Texas markets?
    what i am hearing that Cox doesn't cover texas the major cable company in texas is Time Warner