ESPN's Rob Parker sasy RGIII isn't black enough

Posted 737 day(s) ago 5074 Views 136 Replies
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

ESPN ESPN's Rob Parker sasy RGIII isn't black enough

Whatever that means.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...8822--nfl.html

He's not one of us. He's kind of black, but he's not really like the guy you'd want to hang out with. I just want to find out about him. I don't know, because I keep hearing these things. He has a white fiancé, people talking about that he's a Republican
    Yikes

Wow......just...... wow.

Not down with the cause.

What cause exactly?

I wish I could have heard Stephen A Smith's comments. Hopefully he ripped this guy a new one!

RGIII probably likes Mos Def.

Wait - doesn't having a white wife make him more stereotypically black...

Originally Posted by Boomer..... View Post
    Not down with the cause.

What cause exactly?
    What I was wondering. Did this guy even realize he was being taped??? Guess he didn't care, viva la revolucion.

First of all, let me say this: I’m uncomfortable with where we just went,” Smith said when asked to respond to Parker. “RG3, the ethnicity or the color of his fiancee is none of our business, it’s irrelevant, he can live his life in whatever way he chooses. The braids that he has in his hair, that’s his business, that’s his life, he can live his life. I don’t judge someone’s blackness based on those kinds of things. I just don’t do that. I’m not that kind of guy.

apparently this is what Stephen A said

What a dumb statement. I'll take my social rant to ThunderDome. I hate this crap.

Is Andrew Luck white enough? Do we want him QBing the Colts? I think he pales in comparison to Petyon Manning's whiteness.

Slightly off topic but did anyone see the "best NBA coaches list" so far this season, from ESPN NBA countdown!?!?

it was something along the lines of:

1. Scott Brooks
    2. Mike Woodson
    3. Avery Johnson
    4. Mark Jackson
    5. Larry Drew

Honorable mentions: Tyrone Corbin, Alvin Gentry,

...and then they mention how Jacque Vaughn is doing a nice job (8-13) and then they went into depth about how Monty Williams really has his guys playing at another level (5-16).

On another note, Rob Parker makes Skip Bayless look like a male supermodel.

I'm pretty certain he isn't white. What is he? Is he his own race? The RGThreeians?

well the truth comes out.

I do not want to live in a world where Skip Bayless and Stephen A. Smith are the rational people.

So you can't be a black republican? You're not really black if you marry a white person? What a stupid thing to say. This guy is a moron and his stupid comments only hurt his "cause".
    4 users like OU812's post: LetsgoSooners82, OUrage, Tundra, Widescreen

Didn't they do this to mcnabb?
    The following users like this post: oucub23

That guy is an idiot. RGIII seems to be a pretty level headed guy, seems to be intelligent and is a great football player. Too bad this guy is focusing on all the wrong things.

Parker is a racist waste of space. RGIII is precisely the type of role model the black community desperately needs as an anecdote to the urban hip hop influence.

RGIII has never been in any sort of trouble, was a scholar athlete, and has accomplished more in his short life than most people could ever dream about. And he's done it the right way through a lot of hard work and never taking his eyes off his ultimate goals. Who the hell RGIII dates and what his political affiliation are is none of this ass clown's damned business.

I wish Landry Jones was black. Can someone photoshop him?

Originally Posted by OU812 View Post
    So you can't be a black republican?

J.C. Says... Yes You Can

I don't watch much ESPN anymore but I always wanted Parker fired. He is just awful.
    The following users like this post: Dr Sleep

I bet Rob Parker is a huge VY fan

Didn't Doug Williams break all sorts of so-called racial barriers, I don't know, 20 yrs ago? Why is this still a story?

Originally Posted by BraveSooner View Post
    I don't watch much ESPN anymore but I always wanted Parker fired. He is just awful.
    Problem with the system is tomorrow they'll get the best ratings of the month.

Originally Posted by LASooner View Post

J.C. Says... Yes You Can
    J.C.is being mentioned as a strong candidate to be the next Chairman of the Republican National Commitee.

Originally Posted by freedombird View Post
    J.C.is being mentioned as a strong candidate to be the next Chairman of the Republican National Commitee.
    Much better than Rice Pubeus
    The following users like this post: oucub23

If he were white he would no doubt be fired. What will this guy's punishment be?
    The following users like this post: Dr Sleep

Black people are the worst and I say that as a black man. It's always "what can you do for me" and never "what can I do for myself". As soon as a black man is successful, it's as if he owes something to his "people". Guess what, . I don't owe you a **** thing and neither does RG3.

Part of the reason it's so difficult for a black man to get ahead is because they're held back by their own race. If a black guy gets too successful, especially if his success comes from being a businessman et. al., other blacks say he's not keeping it real, he's not black enough, they call him a Tom or a house n***er etc.

When actually other blacks ought to be applauding him, saying "he made it", looking up to him as a role model.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Gardner
    6 users like traxx's post: azwe, Dr Sleep, OUrage, Sooner Bob, tennsooner, Yatahaze

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Dude doesn't speak for all black people. How can he judge someone's blackness. That's silly.
    2 users like Derrouse's post: jmizzy4ou, oucub23

Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    Parker is a racist waste of space. RGIII is precisely the type of role model the black community desperately needs as an anecdote to the urban hip hop influence.

RGIII has never been in any sort of trouble, was a scholar athlete, and has accomplished more in his short life than most people could ever dream about. And he's done it the right way through a lot of hard work and never taking his eyes off his ultimate goals. Who the hell RGIII dates and what his political affiliation are is none of this ass clown's damned business.
    Worked on Capitol Hill and actually got the chance to meet him, the few minutes I was around him gave me nothing but great things to say about him. He's one of those guys that immediately makes a presence in the room. Very humble and intelligent. Baylor has the best man representing your University.

Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    Black people are the worst and I say that as a black man. It's always "what can you do for me" and never "what can I do for myself". As soon as a black man is successful, it's as if he owes something to his "people". Guess what, . I don't owe you a **** thing and neither does RG3.
    Noooooooo!!! Azwe is black??? Lol!!
    5 users like Derrouse's post: Irish_Sooner, NAMLOOT, oucub23, sooner28, tennsooner

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Part of the reason it's so difficult for a black man to get ahead is because they're held back by their own race. If a black guy gets too successful, especially if his success comes from being a businessman et. al., other blacks say he's not keeping it real, he's not black enough, they call him a Tom or a house n***er etc.

When actually other blacks ought to be applauding him, saying "he made it", looking up to him as a role model.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Gardner
    True true
    The following users like this post: tennsooner

I'm definitely not a racist. But why do black people start out saying, "The only difference is the color of our skin," and then just feeding the stereotypes by acting like they are from another planet... "Down with the cause" are you kidding me?
    The following users like this post: tennsooner

Originally Posted by SiouxCitySooner View Post
    Worked on Capitol Hill and actually got the chance to meet him, the few minutes I was around him gave me nothing but great things to say about him. He's one of those guys that immediately makes a presence in the room. Very humble and intelligent. Baylor has the best man representing your University.

Baylor is an all around great place.

Originally Posted by Derrouse View Post
    Noooooooo!!! Azwe is black??? Lol!!
    Black as hell but not a hood rat ****.

Originally Posted by CitySooner View Post
    Baylor is an all around great place.
    Baylor has some decent tail. And some nice buildings. And that is it.

White dude says that and he's already fired. What a bag of dicks.
    The following users like this post: Tundra

Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    Thank Gawd .......I can now hate you for more than being a Texas fan.
    The following users like this post: OUrage

Originally Posted by tennsooner View Post
    Thank Gawd .......I can now hate you for more than being a Texas fan.
    lol it's not like it was a secret

My skin says I'm white but my **** says black.

One ass clown doesn't speak for black people. A small % of black people would agree with this guy. Washington DC is about as "black" as a city can be, and they love the guy there. He can't keep up with the requests for school appearances, and his jerseys are flying off the shelf.

This guy speaks for me and other black people about as much as the Poverty Pimps Al & Jesse do. No one cares....... Stop letting a clown and a few hip hop artists define who black people are........
    8 users like jmizzy4ou's post: DIB, freedombird, MisterX, oucub23, OUrage, ousooner_4, Sooner Bob, traxx

I'm married to a black woman, so I must not be white.
    The following users like this post: freedombird

Correct, and she is a **** mama
    Last edited by OrangeBlossom; December 14th, 2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Racial slur

Re: ESPN's Rob Parker sasy RGIII isn't black enough

Pics please..for confirmation purposes.

It's funny how RG3 is not considered black but Obama is.

I don't think they wear suits like Rob Parker's in the hood. Clearly he is not keeping it real.