ESPN's Rob Parker sasy RGIII isn't black enough

Posted 643 day(s) ago by traxx4958 Views 136 Replies
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Originally Posted by bruthaman View Post
    You guys? I thought you were black? Anyway, its an attitude that has been learned that we must unlearn. You dont have to agree, but thats the truth.
    There you go again with this attitude of "you're black so you have to be one of us". I'm not one of you. I'm black but I'm not a **** loser that wants whites to cry for me and pass me a dollar.

Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    There you go again with this attitude of "you're black so you have to be one of us". I'm not one of you. I'm black but I'm not a **** loser that wants whites to cry for me and pass me a dollar.
    Ok, stay with me here. Your statement sounded like you were speaking as if you werent black. Now, thats not meaning that you have to agree with me, but youre still black, so why the "you guys"? And if you think I want or need a dollar, youre sadly mistaken.

Moved to the Dome

Domed

Things I have learned from this thread:

1. Rob Parker is an idiot.
    2. Bruthaman is racist and doesn't realize it.

Ok then. Moving on. God bless.
    The following users like this post: jdmt37

Ok, stay with me here. Your statement sounded like you were speaking as if you werent black. Now, thats not meaning that you have to agree with me, but youre still black, so why the "you guys"? And if you think I want or need a dollar, youre sadly mistaken.
    I say "you guys" as in "those of you who don't want to accept the reality of being black".

But, if they decided to make a difference, they would set up schools, businesses and give the community an alternative better than anything that is being offered up now. They could unite the people and eventually end all this self hate that goes on now.
    I may regret this but I'm gonna respond to this. Notice I said respond and not refute or argue or fight or whatever.

There have been black people who've tried to do this. Chris Gardner has tried to do what you said. But I don't hear much about him. Maybe it's different in the black community. Mayb he's more well known than I think. But it appears to me he is not and that's probably because he "made it" in business instead of in athletics or being a rap artist. He doesn't have any street cred from having been in prison.

Even though Bill Cosby is best known as an entertainer, he has a doctorate in education. And it's an earned doctorate, not an honerary one bestowed on a celebrity. He holds education in very high regards. When he decried black people's over valuation of rap and athletics in different public speeches several years back, he was villified by his own race. His take on it was that education was the black man's way out of the hood. That was their ticket up the ladder. Not sports and music and then if you fail at either of those just depend on government assistance.

Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    I say "you guys" as in "those of you who don't want to accept the reality of being black".
    Oh ok. Well, we are different. This reality is not of our own doing. I want us to take control of where we are, stop depending on anyone else and make progress on our own.

Oh ok. Well, we are different. This reality is not of our own doing. I want us to take control of where we are, stop depending on anyone else and make progress on our own.
    It's not of your own doing? Really? I think anyone here would say that some methed-out white dude's "reality was his own doing" yet that doesn't apply to blacks? That's weird.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    How can anyone judge anyone's blackness? Are there some stereotypical benchmarks that must be met to be black? The very idea that one's blackness could be judged is foolish.
    Indeed lol

Originally Posted by Yatahaze View Post
    It's not of your own doing? Really? I think anyone here would say that some methed-out white dude's "reality was his own doing" yet that doesn't apply to blacks? That's weird.
    Wow, I give you guys waaaay too much credit. Individually? Yes, its of his own doing. Now shut the **** up.

The black community is mainly a community of consumers. We dont produce anything tangible or have any land to build a future on. The way of life is to try and get out of the hood or stay and survive. People like RGIII, Trent Williams, Roy Williams, Vince Young or any other black athlete or entertainer or successful business person that has made a fortune by any number of ways could really put the black community on a new course for the future. They have the means to put a business that employs the people in the community to give us a seat at the table as a race. Right now, for the most part, black people have been a kept race, being satisfied with whats given to us and have been slapped down when we have a tried to come together in order to compete in a capitalist society. We try to imitate and adjust in order to fit somebody elses image of what we should be instead of defining ourselves. Now, do these black people that have made it bear any responsibility to the community? No, not by traditional american values. Its all about the individual here in america. But, if they decided to make a difference, they would set up schools, businesses and give the community an alternative better than anything that is being offered up now. They could unite the people and eventually end all this self hate that goes on now.

All that said, I dont know RGIII. He can do what he wants to, but the Parker guy isnt speaking about what I said or at least it doesnt sound like it.

So yatahaze, what is your trainwreck response?
    LOL, why did none of you respond to this? LOL.

I agree that the collective could give back instead of showing off but it still all starts at home. My hero lived with me growing up. Education was a must and no silliness was tolerated. That being said, blacks don't really stick together in any productive manner. Never have really...

Originally Posted by Derrouse View Post
    I agree that the collective could give back instead of showing off but it still all starts at home. My hero lived with me growing up. Education was a must and no silliness was tolerated. That being said, blacks don't really stick together in any productive manner. Never have really...
    Well, we did stick together but gave up when we kept getting knocked down by the white man. We can get back there but we have to not worry about what other people think when we do what is needed to be done and say what is needed to be said. It is completely possible.

Do you credit your personal successes on your upbringing or blacks that got rich from entertainment ventures?

I think that the same things dragging down black communities are also dragging down many white communities and Hispanic communities. People are unwilling to be patient...fathers engage in risky behavior and do stupid things to get a shortcut, and kids are only as good as their mentors. A hard working dad is a better mentor than Roy Williams or Colin Powell...he's your dad.
    3 users like SpankyNek's post: jmizzy4ou, oucub23, Spade1000

Because I went to dinner and you went full retard.

The black community is mainly a community of consumers. We dont produce anything tangible or have any land to build a future on. The way of life is to try and get out of the hood or stay and survive. People like RGIII, Trent Williams, Roy Williams, Vince Young or any other black athlete or entertainer or successful business person that has made a fortune by any number of ways could really put the black community on a new course for the future. They have the means to put a business that employs the people in the community to give us a seat at the table as a race. Right now, for the most part, black people have been a kept race, being satisfied with whats given to us and have been slapped down when we have a tried to come together in order to compete in a capitalist society. We try to imitate and adjust in order to fit somebody elses image of what we should be instead of defining ourselves. Now, do these black people that have made it bear any responsibility to the community? No, not by traditional american values. Its all about the individual here in america. But, if they decided to make a difference, they would set up schools, businesses and give the community an alternative better than anything that is being offered up now. They could unite the people and eventually end all this self hate that goes on now.

All that said, I dont know RGIII. He can do what he wants to, but the Parker guy isnt speaking about what I said or at least it doesnt sound like it.

So yatahaze, what is your trainwreck response?
    1. You completely discount poor white people. Would you say that Tom Brady has any duty to help get some poor white people out of their trailer parks? He pays his taxes, nails supermodels, speaks intelligible English, and he doesn't owe poor white people anything. Is it awesome when rich white people help out poor people? Sure. Does he have some sort of obligation? Depends on what he thinks based on his own personal and religious opinion. If Tom Brady went out and said his goal was to help poor white people improve their lots in life he'd get screamed at for being a racist for not helping blacks.

2. If someone on here was talking about the needs for someone to "unite the (white) people" you'd be screaming that that person is a racist. Black people don't need to unite any more than white people or chinese people need to unite.

3. To say that black people don't produce anything is asinine. Have you turned on your TV lately? The entire entertainment industry (or at least sports and music) is dominated in several areas by black people.

4. You're clearly just another wannabe victim looking for a handout from someone rather than making your own opportunity. And that's too bad, because you're in a country that has a lot of opportunity for everyone if they just put it to use.

Get over it, you're not a victim and I (or RGIII) don't owe you shit.

Because I went to dinner and you went full retard.

1. You completely discount poor white people. Would you say that Tom Brady has any duty to help get some poor white people out of their trailer parks? He pays his taxes, nails supermodels, speaks intelligible English, and he doesn't owe poor white people anything. Is it awesome when rich white people help out poor people? Sure. Does he have some sort of obligation? Depends on what he thinks based on his own personal and religious opinion. If Tom Brady went out and said his goal was to help poor white people improve their lots in life he'd get screamed at for being a racist for not helping blacks.

2. If someone on here was talking about the needs for someone to "unite the (white) people" you'd be screaming that that person is a racist. Black people don't need to unite any more than white people or chinese people need to unite.

3. To say that black people don't produce anything is asinine. Have you turned on your TV lately? The entire entertainment industry (or at least sports and music) is dominated in several areas by black people.

4. You're clearly just another wannabe victim looking for a handout from someone rather than making your own opportunity. And that's too bad, because you're in a country that has a lot of opportunity for everyone if they just put it to use.

Get over it, you're not a victim and I (or RGIII) don't owe you shit.
    Dude really? Its not the same. The black and white community are not the same. Much different history and circumstances. White people did unite and it resulted in slavery. The entertainment industry is controled by white people. Didnt you hear what George Lucas said? We are a targeted group and have no stake in the capitalism game. That has to change along with our education about ourselves and our history. You clearly dont know what you are talking about. Clearly. I mean, no ability to look at things from another perspective at all. Again, you dont know what the **** you are talking about or your stupid ass wouldnt type the shit you do. You havent studied it or even took time see what it would take to make the black community change. So, its good you get applause here, but it also just shows they dont know what they **** they are talking about either.

Clearly. I mean, no ability to look at things from another perspective at all.
    Was this intentional?
    2 users like oucub23's post: Shooter, Yatahaze

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Was this intentional?
    Absolutely. None of you know and it is very obvious.

Dude really? Its not the same. The black and white community are not the same. Much different history and circumstances. White people did unite and it resulted in slavery. The entertainment industry is controled by white people. Didnt you hear what George Lucas said? We are a targeted group and have no stake in the capitalism game. That has to change along with our education about ourselves and our history. You clearly dont know what you are talking about. Clearly. I mean, no ability to look at things from another perspective at all. Again, you dont know what the **** you are talking about or your stupid ass wouldnt type the shit you do. You havent studied it or even took time see what it would take to make the black community change. So, its good you get applause here, but it also just shows they dont know what they **** they are talking about either.
    I get it, you want to be a victim. Nothing I can say will change that.

The culture of slavery in Africa pre-dated white folks coming over and thousands of Africans were sold by fellow Africans to North American and European slave traders (in addition to their continental slave trade amongst other African countries)

Slavery in Africa still exists today under black governments. You think you've got it bad here? Those slaves there are still living the reality of what ended here (technically speaking) in 1863.

My ancestors were slaves, as white people (Irish specifically, though other whites were enslaved as well), at the same time as blacks were in North America. I seem to have gotten over it. Though it would be nice if Tom Brady wrote me a check for all my ancestor's suffering.

You sure do a lot of whining about the black community needing to change but I don't really hear what you're doing to make it change? You appear to be just sitting around waiting for a handout or some millionaire to fix your life.

I'll say it again:

The culture of slavery in Africa pre-dated white folks coming over and thousands of Africans were sold by fellow Africans to North American and European slave traders (in addition to their continental slave trade amongst other African countries)

Slavery in Africa still exists today under black governments. You think you've got it bad here? Those slaves there are still living the reality of what ended here (technically speaking) in 1863.

My ancestors were slaves, as white people (Irish specifically, though other whites were enslaved as well), at the same time as blacks were in North America. I seem to have gotten over it. Though it would be nice if Tom Brady wrote me a check for all my ancestor's suffering.

You sure do a lot of whining about the black community needing to change but I don't really hear what you're doing to make it change? You appear to be just sitting around waiting for a handout or some millionaire to fix your life.

I'll say it again:

I didnt read past the first sentence. You have no clue what youre talking about and just because you get people to agree with you just shows they dont either. If me not being happy with the state of the black community then sure, I am whining. Get your likes and go away.

There's a formula:

A+B+C+D+E=Blackness Factor (BF)

A=how many fat white chicks you’ve ****ed/2
    B=How many times you’ve been to KFC in the last week
    C=How far you can spit a watermelon seed x2
    D=How many ounces of marijuana smoked in the last 4 weeks x2
    E=Number of teeth covered in or replaced by a rare metal or gem

0 Wayne Brady
    1-10 Barack Obama
    11-20 Vince Young
    21-30 Samuel L Jackson
    >30 Snoop Dogg
    ****... I'm part black! Who knew?

Well, we did stick together but gave up when we kept getting knocked down by the white man. We can get back there but we have to not worry about what other people think when we do what is needed to be done and say what is needed to be said. It is completely possible.
    You people kill me lol.

**** the black community. There, I said it. I feel much better now!

I don't owe any of you a damned thing. Go visit several different "nations" in Africa, bruthaman, and you really might start to catch on a bit. We as a people aren't some big happy family that was bright here to a america. Its all bullshit. Ask an 1st second or 3rd gen african if they are apart of your "black community" lol. Ok rant aborted, too much for me to type on my phone.

P.s **** the lazy ,unambitious poor of all races.

Originally Posted by BleeOU1 View Post
    It's funny how RG3 is not considered black but Obama is.
    Not according to Morgan Freeman.

Originally Posted by Spade1000 View Post
    You people kill me lol.
    What do you mean, you people?

He's been suspended.

Some harsh words for ESPN from Yahoo.

In other words, ESPN has learned nothing, and it will do nothing of substance to remedy a situation that clearly displays how far off the rails it has gone. There has been no intelligent statement about Parker's comments on the show, but that comes as no surprise. Parker will be back on that idiot box, spewing his formidably inaccurate and ridiculous pablum, and we'll all be worse for it.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...4255--nfl.html

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/e...roversy-122112

Whitlock weighs in. Not sure I can discern what his point is. Parker is wrong for saying it on ESPN but not wrong for saying? It's a black barbershop conversation and you white folks just don't get it? Incarceration was the reason for the fall of the Soviet Union and will be the reason for the fall of the U.S.?

Did the full clip ever surface? I'd like to hear the rest of Stephen A. Smith's thoughts.

Looks like Parker will have plenty of time to hang out at the barbershop...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...es-rob-parker/

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Looks like Parker will have plenty of time to hang out at the barbershop...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...es-rob-parker/
    Nice to see him get his comeuppance.

Originally Posted by TIMB0B View Post
    lol.....trans-racial...
    i'm starting to become a fan of this guy....
    The following users like this post: TIMB0B

Junior the third?