Fiscal Cliff ... Who is Compromising? (Guess who is NOT)

Posted 586 day(s) ago by ltsooner9430 Views 273 Replies
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5
    vCash

The cliff already represents a shit ton of cuts. The pubs want less cuts, not the other way around.

vCash

The most the dens have proposed to cut is 930 billion with an additional 80 billion in spending and that was Obamas Dec 18 plan
    Boehner first offered a dollar for dollar cut with 1 trillion in cuts and no additional spending on his Dec 18 proposal

Tax increases on the rich is a pure publicity game that Obama is very good at playing

The real war is the cuts without additional spending

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    The cliff already represents a shit ton of cuts. Washington wants less cuts, period.
    FIFY

This could have been done a long time ago but seems like every time it's close someone changes something to muck up the works.

No deal by tonight. House announces it won't vote today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...liff-deal.html

Re: Fiscal Cliff ... Who is Compromising? (Guess who is NOT)

Originally Posted by SoonerSean03 View Post
    No deal by tonight. House announces it won't vote today.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...liff-deal.html
    Thanks for raising my taxes James Lankford.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    The following users like this post: IndySooner

This is how we work together.

Yep. It is going to be nice to watch Obama plead for tax cuts for 98% of Americans.

vCash

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post

James Lankford? Every sob in Congress and the Executive Branch knew what was going to happen for a year...but each and every one decided it was better to campaign to get reelected and to go on vacation instead of working on a plan months ago...

vCash

Aren't you the beacon for social services and that the country needs to sacrifice for the greater good?

vCash

Did you thank W for lowering them? After all, they are just going back to Clinton's tax rates.
    2 users like okie52's post: Tundra, Yasiel Puig

vCash

After reading all the different proposals, the best thing for this country is the fiscal cliff and getting on the course of reducing the debt. All the latest options were just putting a bandaid on the problems.
    The country voted a big government president in, let everyone share in the sacrifice of their leader's actions.
    2 users like Yasiel Puig's post: Sooner5030, SoonerArtillery

Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    After reading all the different proposals, the best thing for this country is the fiscal cliff and getting on the course of reducing the debt. All the latest options were just putting a bandaid on the problems.
    The country voted a big government president in, let everyone share in the sacrifice of their leader's actions.
    the problem is....(and everyone knows it).....to really attempt to make meaningful cuts to attack the debt or even lower the deficits.....it will likely cause a very painful recession....
    it's what the country needs but no one wants to be responsible for it....

vCash

I listened to James Lankford make a ton of excuses and blame everyone but the House Republicans on a town hall the other day. He's a shady **** just like the rest of them.

Here's all I know: I lose $400 of discretionary income per month starting tomorrow. That means I won't be buying two cars (was the plan), won't be paying off student loans early this year (was the plan) and won't be going to Disney World (was the plan). My guess is every one of you is making the same plans. That will stimulate the economy for sure!

I don't give a flying **** whose fault this is. FIX IT NOW, then vote all of these ****s out!

Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    I listened to James Lankford make a ton of excuses and blame everyone but the House Republicans on a town hall the other day. He's a shady **** just like the rest of them.

Here's all I know: I lose $400 of discretionary income per month starting tomorrow. That means I won't be buying two cars (was the plan), won't be paying off student loans early this year (was the plan) and won't be going to Disney World (was the plan). My guess is every one of you is making the same plans. That will stimulate the economy for sure!

I don't give a flying **** whose fault this is. FIX IT NOW, then vote all of these ****s out!
    you were planning to buy 2 cars......pay off student loans.....and go to disney world on $4800?
    you sound as stupid as the ****s you want to vote out.....

vCash

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    you were planning to buy 2 cars......pay off student loans.....and go to disney world on $4800?
    you sound as stupid as the ****s you want to vote out.....
    Of course not, dumbass, but I'm not saving every penny of my commission checks (which was going to pay for all of that) until this stabilizes. $400 represents my discretionary income budget. Will be living paycheck to paycheck without commissions. And, no ones going to buy anything from me if they are getting taxed to death, so I might be ****ed.

I am honestly OK with taxes going up. I will find a way to survive. Just cracking up at Republicans hating middle class and poor people.

vCash

^^^
    And blacks, don't forget all your rhetoric
    2 users like Yasiel Puig's post: Sooner5030, ThievingMagpie

vCash

^^^
    And blacks, don't forget all your rhetoric
    Wimmens and messicans, too...

Eh. It could be worse. We could caucus with Fred Phelps.
    The following users like this post: Teo9969

Originally Posted by IndySooner View Post
    Of course not, dumbass, but I'm not saving every penny of my commission checks (which was going to pay for all of that) until this stabilizes. $400 represents my discretionary income budget. Will be living paycheck to paycheck without commissions. And, no ones going to buy anything from me if they are getting taxed to death, so I might be ****ed.
    If you will be living paycheck to paycheck without $400 a month but were planning to by two cars with an extra $400 a month then you obviously would be living paycheck to paycheck regardless of what was passed in Washington.

vCash

Originally Posted by soonerpulc06 View Post
    If you will be living paycheck to paycheck without $400 a month but were planning to by two cars with an extra $400 a month then you obviously would be living paycheck to paycheck regardless of what was passed in Washington.
    I live off of my base salary. I make as much in commissions as I do in base. Must be a tough concept to understand.

Was a last minute deal struck?

A Democratic aide says the White House and congressional Republicans have reached an agreement to avert the so-called fiscal cliff.

The measure would extend Bush-era tax cuts for family incomes below $450,000 and briefly avert across-the-board spending cuts set to strike the Pentagon and domestic agencies this week.

Vice President Joe Biden was set to sell the agreement to Senate Democrats at a meeting at the Capitol on Monday night.

The aide required anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak publicly.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Eh. It could be worse. We could caucus with Fred Phelps.
    I agree. I am proud to caucus with the republicans as of November 7th.

Originally Posted by SoonerArtillery View Post
    Was a last minute deal struck?
    The house won't vote because **** the poor.

The house won't vote because **** the poor.
    The House won't vote b/c it's a waste of time--there's no way they're going to give Obama everything he wants, and he's not going to compromise on anything. Even if the House were to pass another bill or budget, it wouldn't see the floor of the Senate b/c Prince Harry won't let it. The Dems have no interest at all in solving this--they're going to let it crash so that they can play politics and get what they want. There's no concern from them about triggering another recession or another downgrade. It's all about blaming the GOP and expanding their power base--it's all about winning. I'm completely done w/the games being played by both sides, but the Dems in this deal are showing us the absolute worst that politics has to offer. Their actions (or inaction) in this 'negotiation' are reprehensible. It's not amusing. It's not entertaining. It's sad. It's the reason we're as divided as we are. The game is now to screw everyone over and then blame the other side for the problems. Anyone that supports any Dem that's pushing this garbage should be ashamed.

The house hasn't done shit. At least McConnell and Prince Harry give a shit enough about most of us here to pass a ****ing bill. The tea baggers, their term not mine, are only out to protect their wealthy patrons.

Try as you might to pin the brinksmanship on the Dems, it is not sticking. If the house had gotten their act together then you ,ought be right. The Republican Party has sucked so bad at politics this last 8 weeks or so that they fail at even the basics of CYA. Obama hasn't even had to break a sweat to blame the House republicans. The proof is in the proverbial pudding.

The president is the only one who has compromised in this entire ****ing negotiation.

The house hasn't done shit. At least McConnell and Prince Harry give a shit enough about most of us here to pass a ****ing bill. The tea baggers, their term not mine, are only put to protect their wealthy patrons.
    Bull crap. They aren't going to raise taxes, and O has made it very clear that if they don't crank up the rates, he won't sign it. The House has passed several budgets that could have helped right this ship--none of them have seen the floor of the Senate. The Dems in this are dirty as hell, and their actions are reprehensible. Any attempt to say the House has done nothing in this is an absolute lie. They have passed several budgets, and Boehner has offered all kinds of shit to Obama and he's basically told him to pound sand. Obama won't compromise on what he wants--this is not on the House. This is exactly who you voted for though--this is how Obama does stuff.

And as an aside, when did they call themselves tea baggers?

Tea baggers: http://theweek.com/article/index/202...ord-tea-bagger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_Par...22teabagger.22

Also, Obama compromised on tax hikes, at least on the amount. So their is that. Why are republicans allowed to cling to "no tax hikes" and the president is not allowed to cling to "tax hikes?"

Looks like the Senate has a tentative deal done. They've rolled on all the tax increases except got a few concessions on the estate tax thing. There's an article on the Post about it. It'll kick to the House who will start debating it tomorrow.

Tea baggers: http://theweek.com/article/index/202...ord-tea-bagger

Also, Obama compromised on tax hikes, at least on the amount. So their is that. Why are republicans allowed to cling to "no tax hikes" and the president is not allowed to cling to "tax hikes?"
    And the Congressional delegation called themselves that? If you're just pulling random references on signs, then you should probably pucker up and give the Westboro clan a big ole smooch since the ties there are much tighter.

I thought the tea party movement was about those racists who protested with that weird Mormon, still mad about "Piss Christ" 20 years later, on the steps of the Lincoln memorial. Not distilled into a handful of 25 representatives.

Just turns out the tea baggers with the buy gold guy support the republicans in the house.

r
    I thought the tea party movement was about those racists who protested with that weird Mormon, still mad about "Piss Christ" 20 years later, on the steps of the Lincoln memorial. Not distilled into a handful of 25 representatives.

Just turns out the tea baggers with the buy gold guy support the republicans in the house.
    Racism? Evidence? Rewards were offered--and in this age of cell phones when 47% makes video, we can't get one piece of video showing anything racial? The Tea Party movement is simply a movement that advocates the government in a way similar to how you operate your household budget.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/repo...al-cliff-deal/

According to the Associated Press, the deal would extend Bush-era tax cuts for family incomes below $450,000.

“Income taxes go up for individuals making over $400K,” writes ABC News’ Jonathan Karl, “40% Estate tax kicks in at $5 million, indexed for inflation.”

“Tax rates on cap gains and dividends go to 20 percent — permanently,” he adds.

Another part of the deal involves delaying the automatic spending cuts that were scheduled to take effect on Jan. 1.

“Two month delay in the fiscal cliff spending cuts intended to give Congress more time for more comprehensive measure,” reports CBS News’ Mark Knoller.

However, it should be noted that postponing the automatic spending cuts (i.e. the “sequestration”) for two months means that they will come up again for debate just as we again turn our attention to the debt ceiling.

“The US debt will now remain unchanged until the next ‘deal’ since debt ceiling was just breached,” writers at Zero Hedge note.

r

Racism? Evidence? Rewards were offered--and in this age of cell phones when 47% makes video, we can't get one piece of video showing anything racial? The Tea Party movement is simply a movement that advocates the government in a way similar to how you operate your household budget.
    Oh and this:
    Dog whistle

This one made the rounds in poster form

Lets not forget the First Lady

A little bit more current?

Even a political cartoon was made pointing this shit out.

The best thing my party can do is jettison the self proclaimed tea baggers and get back to governing via compromise. Which the Dems have done for the past 4 years.

The best thing my party can do is jettison the self proclaimed tea baggers and get back to governing via compromise. Which the Dems have done for the past 4 years.
    We've played this game before. Anecdotal evidence proves nothing. We can do that for any point we want to make--there are always people that will say or do something that can make the point you're driving for. Does Mao on a Christmas tree mean that Obama supports killing 100 million people to get what he wants?

The Dem's haven't compromised in the last 4 years. They've not pushed certain things b/c they know they can't win (single payer) and don't want to lose the political capitol--that's not the same as compromise.

We've played this game before. Anecdotal evidence proves nothing. We can do that for any point we want to make--there are always people that will say or do something that can make the point you're driving for. Does Mao on a Christmas tree mean that Obama supports killing 100 million people to get what he wants?
    Agreed. Which is the poi t I have been trying to hammer though your thick ****ing head in the image thread.

The Dem's haven't compromised in the last 4 years. They've not pushed certain things b/c they know they can't win (single payer) and don't want to lose the political capitol--that's not the same as compromise.
    Disagree. They compromised by not ramming single payer down our throats. Not doing what you want in an attempt to pander to the group that thought the proposed solution up (heritage foundation) is compromise. The same could be said for the defunct cap and trade bill. Another heritage foundation "solution" to a legitimate problem.

Now look at the Dems today. Obama said "$250k tax hikes", Boehner said "**** you, $1 million and I have a bill to back me up," the house said "WHAT ABOUT DONALD TRUMP, THAT SHIT DON'T FLY????" Obama said, "well I tried, here is $400k, and I have a bi partisan bill to back me."

And the house said "it's New Years ****ing Eve, I am at a Koch Brothers party on K street. Get back to me tomorrow after lunch, bring bagels and aspirin."

Where is the compromise from the right?

Image thread? You talking about Phelps? Your contention was that Fox was making it up that he was left--I showed you he was a Gore supporting Democrat. Your response was, 'No, he's a rightie!' You've offered no evidence that he's a rightie--saying it over and over doesn't make it so.

You hold me to the actions of one person and refuse to accept the actions of a group of people who hold the same idea you do. Phelps may be a registered democrat, and he may have supported Al Gore in 2000, but his values have no place in the modern Democratic Party. I have nothing in common with him, and if all you can do is parrot "he ran as a dem 10 years ago and liked Gore!" Then that is your deal, but it is certainly less relevant than images from < 2 years ago.

Ok, Happy New Year cub, I am done arguing on the internet for the year, lets meet up this coming month or next. I pay.

Sounds good. Don't bring Fred though.

vCash

Losers!

We wait till the last minute, and like I said, a cobbled together, half asses plan is put into place...

Payroll taxes going back up - everyone gets an increase
    Taxes raised on singles over 400k - couples over 450k
    Estate tax up to 40% over 5 mill
    Cap gains up to 20%
    Extend unemployment by a year
    Plus the Medicare doc fix, AMT, renewable energy tax credit

What was not done...
    Nothing on the spending limit
    Nothing on spending decreases - delays that for 2 months - I want to get this straight...they wait till the last minute to work on the plan...and now decide it will take two months to figure out the spending cuts to make...half of which are supposed to come from the military...

Losers!
    The following users like this post: brokebacksooner

vCash

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Losers!

We wait till the last minute, and like I said, a cobbled together, half asses plan is put into place...

Payroll taxes going back up - everyone gets an increase
    Taxes raised on singles over 400k - couples over 450k
    Estate tax up to 40% over 5 mill
    Cap gains up to 20%
    Extend unemployment by a year
    Plus the Medicare doc fix, AMT, renewable energy tax credit

What was not done...
    Nothing on the spending limit
    Nothing on spending decreases - delays that for 2 months - I want to get this straight...they wait till the last minute to work on the plan...and now decide it will take two months to figure out the spending cuts to make...half of which are supposed to come from the military...

Losers!
    $1 in spending cuts for every $41 dollars in new taxes according to the CBO.

vCash

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Sounds like BHO compromised until it hurt.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    And since increasing taxes in a recession doesn't usually increase revenues, what does that mean for the cuts?

vCash

So basically it kicks the can down the road another 2 months? Of course they won't do anything until Feb 27th, then kick it down the road another X number of days. Come on Congress - shit or get off the pot!

Originally Posted by brokebacksooner View Post
    So basically it kicks the can down the road another 2 months? Of course they won't do anything until Feb 27th, then kick it down the road another X number of days. Come on Congress - shit or get off the pot!
    It kicks it down the road to the debt ceiling debate.

It kicks it down the road to the debt ceiling debate.
    Yep, but it is the only thing we got. The house couldn't get it together and present a bill for debate in the senate.

vCash

Originally Posted by brokebacksooner View Post
    Why you mad at congress? They're not the ones who drafted and passed this total bullshit bill that doesn't fix a damn thing for this country.
    What happened to the dollar for cuts for every tax dollar raised?
    If you really want congress to act, don't be surprised if they do the right thing and let this country go off the cliff.

Yep, but it is the only thing we got. The house couldn't get it together and present a bill for debate in the senate.

Yep, but it is the only thing we got. The house couldn't get it together and present a bill that Reid would allow to the floor of the Senate for debate.

That's more accurate. Reid disgusts me.

Why you mad at congress? They're not the ones who drafted and passed this total bullshit bill that doesn't fix a damn thing for this country.
    What happened to the dollar for cuts for every tax dollar raised?
    If you really want congress to act, don't be surprised if they do the right thing and let this country go off the cliff.
    There's dollar for dollar cuts to tax increase. Unfortunately, it's $1 cut for every $41 increased.