Connecticut School Shooting

Posted 686 day(s) ago by willie21757 Views 560 Replies
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5

Oops. My bad, usao.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    RT @MarlowNYC AP: Suspect used .223 caliber rifle. This is a picture of a .223 rifle.

Picture of another .223. Thought you said leave the gun control crap for TD?

private school versus public school. GO.
    The following users like this post: SoCaliSooner

Guns don't get kill kids, people do, but our country is ****ED, its the 31st school shooting since columbine and only 14 in the rest of the world
    the USA is ****ed, that fat movie guy was right, FEAR

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Yes shooter is said to be a 20-24 year old. Possible second shooter.

Agree with you about the reporters. On the link I provided earlier, a CNN reporter interviews a student who is about 8 years old.
    WHAT???? Please tell me the child's parent was there. If not & that was my kid, I'd be one the phone to that news director in about half a second. That happened with some kids at the Stillwater shooting, some parents didn't know about the shooting until they saw their kids on tv. There is a way to deal with people in the midst of acute trauma, and interviewing them for tv is NOT it.

And thank you for the info. Im praying for everyone involved... Those poor babies.
    2 users like McRib's post: Julz, playmakr

@cdowlar: What Reuters is reporting…An entire class unaccounted for. Horror.”

[Just in] Male being questioned by investigators in connection with CT school shooting not being called a suspect - CNN / @RodrigoEBR

• 27 people, including 18 children dead in CT school shooting - CBS News
    • Principal and school psychologist among the dead - CNN
    • Suspected shooter armed with four weapons, wearing bullet proof vest - WABC

Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    Guns don't get kill kids, people do, but our country is ****ED, its the 31st school shooting since columbine and only 14 in the rest of the world
    the USA is ****ed, that fat movie guy was right, FEAR
    So there was that mass stabbing in China, where a gun wasn't used, and 26 people didn't die. Explain to me why, if its people that kill not guns, none of these chinese children were killed?

Again not a gun control debate thread. Do not let it go that way. I just posted what i saw on twitter
    Then don't post that shit.
    8 users like kssooner's post: DHF, Eigenvalue, ImTheDude, jdmt37, kruk, oilmud, oorah_okie, smitten

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    WHAT???? Please tell me the child's parent was there. If not & that was my kid, I'd be one the phone to that news director in about half a second. That happened with some kids at the Stillwater shooting, some parents didn't know about the shooting until they saw their kids on tv. There is a way to deal with people in the midst of acute trauma, and interviewing them for tv is NOT it.

And thank you for the info. Im praying for everyone involved... Those poor babies.
    The parents were there with the student being interviewed. But it seemed to me that the reporter, the student and her parents didn't quite grasp the gravity of the situation. It can be understood why an 8 year old wouldn't get it but the adults have no excuse.

They searched the house of one of the suspects and found a body

CBS News says police have searched a family residence of the CT school shooter, and have found a body.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/live-video/

John King CNN reports fatalities closer to 30

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Then don't post that shit.
    I post what comes across twitter. I've made it clear i didnt want this thread to go into a debate. Im just posting info that comes across twitter

@TheMatthewKeys
    RT @maryellenfillo: #newtown shooter murdered someone else before going to school according to new reports

@connpost
    WFSB reporting house in Newtown tied to shooting suspect was searched by police, who say a body was found there, possibly shooter's mother.

Turning off the news. We've reached the point of nothing new going on and they're interviewing anyone they can.

The parents were there with the student being interviewed. But it seemed to me that the reporter, the student and her parents didn't quite grasp the gravity of the situation. It can be understood why an 8 year old wouldn't get it but the adults have no excuse.
    Yeah I just heard another 8 year old interviewed. She said her friends were ok and they were glad they got to go home because their stomachs hurt. It definitely hasn't sunken in. You wish and hope that innocence isn't totally lost.

I post what comes across twitter. I've made it clear i didnt want this thread to go into a debate. Im just posting info that comes across twitter
    Bullshit. You know posting that here could/would draw a reaction. Practice what you ****ing preach to the rest of us.
    8 users like kssooner's post: Eigenvalue, ImTheDude, jdmt37, KCRuf/Nek, kruk, oilmud, oorah_okie, smitten

Obviously, my heart goes out to the family members, but it also goes out to the first responders. It would be horrible to see that
    6 users like Lake_Bum's post: DHF, ImTheDude, jdmt37, McRib, SoCaliSooner, Wailer

People think they are required to talk to the media when asked, that's why you see the poor, sad, shocked, tear stained faces of families when their homes burn down & they're standing in their front yards with nothing but the clothes on their backs. They don't know they can say GET THE **** OUTTA MY FACE WITH THAT CAMERA. And the same with parents of children being interviewed - those kids need time to process what they went through, but parents don't realize you can just say no.

I'm devastated for everyone involved, especially the children… this will change their little lives forever. Sorry for the hijack.
    2 users like McRib's post: Lake_Bum, OnlyOne

Source: 29 dead, including 22 children in Newtown shooting

Read more: http://www.newstimes.com/news/articl...#ixzz2F3T8ysDY

Have a 3rd & 6th grader. Makes me sick and I can't imagine.

Starting to sound like one person did this

@connpost
    Bridgeport Hospital is treating one adult woman from the Newtown shooting, spokesman says. Her injuries are not life-threatening, he says.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Bullshit. You know posting that here could/would draw a reaction. Practice what you ****ing preach to the rest of us.
    His board, he can post what he likes. Quit being a ****. This is not the thread for your "it's not fair" tantrums.
    4 users like lobster999's post: AFS00N3R, OnlyOne, SpankyNek, The

Originally Posted by Sooner Showtime View Post
    Have a 3rd & 6th grader. Makes me sick and I can't imagine.
    I'm right there with you.

I have a 5th and 9th grader . . . my wife teaches 1st grade.

I am from this area originally...I have a kindergartner and 4th grader...I also happen to know for a fact that one of the SWAT team members that had to go in, has a kindergartner. I cannot even begin to imagine what he is feeling.

Such a horrible and senseless tragedy.

Re: Connecticut School Shooting

I have a 1st 4th and 6th graders. I pick them up from school everyday. Can't even imagine how it would feel to be called in and someone to say you kid has been murdered. For parents of the kids murdered my thoughts and prayers go out to them. Sick just sick.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Yeah I just heard another 8 year old interviewed. She said her friends were ok and they were glad they got to go home because their stomachs hurt. It definitely hasn't sunken in. You wish and hope that innocence isn't totally lost.
    Most likely. Most of the ones I've seen interviewed seem to be pretty calm and collected.

Originally Posted by Lake_Bum View Post
    Obviously, my heart goes out to the family members, but it also goes out to the first responders. It would be horrible to see that

one of my first thoughts as well. The first responders probably saw some pretty gut wrenching stuff.

My youngest is in the 8th grade here in Woodward and a couple of weeks ago their school went on lockdown because some kid brough a BB Gun to school. I was sick to my stomach until they called and said all was ok... I can't imagine what the parents of these children went through today and will continue to go through the rest of their lives....

It can happen anywhere.....

Source of this?

RT @AndreaMcCarren: #CTshooting CBS News: Second body found in home of suspected Connecticut school shooting gunman. @wusa9

@KSL5TV
    BREAKING: Alleged #Newtown, Conn school shooter's parent found dead in a home in NJ - @PeteWilliamsNBC via @NBCNews on KSL Now

Ryan Lanza

I really wish they wouldn't ever release the killers name.

Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Source of this?
    CNN's @susancandiotti just reported that the suspect is named Ryan Lanza and he is in his 20s.

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Originally Posted by The Baconator® View Post
    And these things need to be available why ???
    What do you think the gangs and criminals have? My brothers and father and two cousins have the same .223 and as society further deteriorates and the
    "have-nots" are encouraged to just take from the "haves", the non criminal law abiding "haves" should have the right to defend themselves.
    5 users like SoCaliSooner's post: fdubzou, jdmt37, oorah_okie, SoonerArtillery, SoonerFever

Media on way to interview his "friends"?

Nothing on there looks out of place. Seems normal - from this.

CBS saying shooter's mother was a teacher at school and some of the kids may have been her students

I don't understand and will never understand the need to hurt other people. All these psychotics who need to die and can't just do it. Why need to hurt others first? And awful enough when it's adults. But kids? Clearly the only rational explanation is insanity or something. I just can't wrap my head around it. I have three kids in school and this just makes me ache in my heart. Those poor children and their parents.

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    What do you think the gangs and criminals have? My brothers and father and two cousins have the same .223 and as society further deteriorates and the
    "have-nots" are encouraged to just take from the "haves", the non criminal law abiding "haves" should have the right to defend themselves.
    Many times cops are outgunned when they encounter criminals. Remember the LA bank robbery where they were going to gun stores to get whayever they could?

Re: Connecticut School Shooting

What on earth would EVER make someone do that...and I agree, death is way too easy for what that son of a **** deserves. He should be thrown in a prison yard full of gangsters and be ripped to shreds

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by lobster999 View Post
    His board, he can post what he likes. Quit being a ****. This is not the thread for your "it's not fair" tantrums.

Originally Posted by cccasooner2 View Post
    Media on way to interview his "friends"?
    his buddy likes his black outfit

Jonathan Russell Look like you're about to buy an Ale, but then paint a picture of it... very mixed... all good, though. Kinda like if Solid Snake was wearing a Neo trenchcoat. This can only turn out awesome.

Found this video searching through Twitter:

There's also videos of these two dudes together on Lanza's FB page, so I think it's legit.