Connecticut School Shooting

Posted 713 day(s) ago by willie21865 Views 560 Replies
Page 6 of 12 4 5 6 7 8

Originally Posted by VUGear View Post
    Dude's got CRAAAZZZY eyes.

Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    RT @adamgoldmanap: AP: official says Ryan Lanza's girlfriend and another friend are missing in New Jersey.
    Jeez. this dude went full Whitman.

If this is the guy, then this is one ****ed up tweet 8 hours ago:

Ryan Lanza ‏@****_Lanza game day fellas.

Originally Posted by The View Post

Ryan Lanza ‏@****_Lanza
    alright. I didn't kill anyone. my name just happens to be Ryan Lanza...

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I'm seeing some reports of his brother being in custody. Different brother? Or conflicting reports?
    hell, I'm now hearing reports that Adam Lanza is the shooter and that Ryan Lanza is in custody.

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

There's only one....Ryan Lanza.

Maybe.
    2 users like SoCaliSooner's post: Keef, The

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    hell, I'm now hearing reports that Adam Lanza is the shooter and that Ryan Lanza is in custody.
    Saw the same thing.

26 dead plus the shooter.

Good ****ing lord.

The guy's name is actually going to be Toomas Hendrik Ilves.

Good jorb, ****ing media. Now get back to interviewing 8 year olds....

3:42 PMMatthew Keys @TheMatthewKeys
    Recap: LE official says 18 children dead at school, 2 in transit to hospital, 6 adults dead following CT school shooting

Ryan Lanza ‏@****_Lanza
    alright. I didn't kill anyone. my name just happens to be Ryan Lanza...

Jesus.

also just heard a theory that classroom of kids was everything to the shooter's mother and that the shooter wanted to take everything she loved away from her.

Connecticut School Shooting

Adam is the brother that is in custody. Ryan is the other and killed himself after going on the shooting spree.

also just heard a theory that classroom of kids was everything to the shooter's mother and that the shooter wanted to take everything she loved away from her.
    For whatever reason, this story is just hard to handle for me personally.

If that's true, I think the government should strike his existence from history. He wanted attention. **** him. Make it so he never existed.
    2 users like Bruno Gianelli's post: fdubzou, Soonerp

Good grief . . . I can't imagine. Teachers definitely get close to there kids. If you know a teacher let them know you care . . . . I haven't talked with my wife about this yet, but I'm not sure how she'll take this news.

Originally Posted by Bruno Gianelli View Post

If that's true, I think the government should strike his existence from history. He wanted attention. **** him. Make it so he never existed.
    Too late. It's all over the news and the next guy that does this will want to be all over the news as well so he will try to outdo Ryan Lanza or Adam Lanza or whoever the guy really is.

Unfortunately he's getting what he wanted. Sad.

The media should be ****ing ashamed. First interviewing little kids who witnessed the tragedy right after it happened. Now they're throwing random names out there without properly vetting just so they can say they were the ones who got it first? Despicable. I hope they get their asses sued.
    The following users like this post: SoCaliSooner

Originally Posted by freeeewilly66 View Post
    The media should be ****ing ashamed. First interviewing little kids who witnessed the tragedy right after it happened. Now they're throwing random names out there without properly vetting just so they can say they were the ones who got it first? Despicable. I hope they get their asses sued.
    Makes me think this incident will make 'The Newsroom' in the near future...

Originally Posted by Nuked View Post
    I don't get it.

SoonerBounce Guest
    damn

Have the found the GF and friend yet or is that whole situation twitter rumors at this point

fox just said adam was shooter, ryan his older bro was taken into custody, not confirmed

brother was in hoboken, nj so not sure what is going on with that

Originally Posted by lauderdaleOU View Post
    Makes me think this incident will make 'The Newsroom' in the near future...
    I just mentioned to El Jefe that this Newsroom episode will be very hard to watch.

Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    I don't get it.
    It's a reference to the movie The Usual Suspects. Not sure what he means by the reference though.

Originally Posted by willie View Post
    fox just said adam was shooter, ryan his older bro was taken into custody, not confirmed

brother was in hoboken, nj so not sure what is going on with that
    Ryan Lanza's ID was on the dead body.

Supposedly.

As usual the news in their rush to be first has ****ed up the reporting on this

Ryan Lanza's ID was on the dead body.

Supposedly.
    interesting

It's a reference to the movie The Usual Suspects. Not sure what he means by the reference though.
    Is it cuz that's like a mystery-type movie and nobody knows who did what? I've never seen The Usual Suspects, obviously.

4:02 PMMatthew Keys @TheMatthewKeys
    [Just in] Police are raiding a home on Yogananda Street in Newtown, Connecticut, Patch reports - http://bit.ly/Wc86T3

I just mentioned to El Jefe that this Newsroom episode will be very hard to watch.
    As if any episode of that shit sandwich isn't hard to watch?

http://myfox8.com/2012/12/14/element...ies-to-school/

WASHINGTON — Fox News and the New York Post are both reporting the shooter in the Connecticut elementary school shooting has been identified as Adam Lanza, 20.

Law enforcement initially said the shooter was 24-year-old Ryan Lanza, however Fox News said the shooter is Ryan Lanza’s brother, Adam Lanza.
    At this hour, there are still conflicting reports of the exact identity of the shooter. The reason could stem from the possibility Adam Lanza was carrying Ryan Lanza’s ID.

RT @ethanklapper: WASHINGTON (AP) - Law officials: School shooting suspect is 20-year-old son of teacher; older brother questioned.

so can the older brother sue

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    As if any episode of that shit sandwich isn't hard to watch?

‏@CBSNews
    BREAKING: Source familiar with investigation says Adam Lanza is shooter & is deceased; Ryan Lanza, his older brother, being questioned in NJ

shot his mother dead and targeted her kindergarten class
    5 year olds.

We should figure out a way to resurrect this ****er so we can kill him again.
    3 users like LASooner's post: mxATVracer10, pbc2003, Sieve

Absolutely can not wrap my head around this. I can assure you I will stay up all night if I have to for the 3rd night in a row with my teething 8 month old daughter and never **** about it again. What the **** is wrong with people?
    6 users like Soonerp's post: jdmt37, kssooner, mxATVracer10, pbc2003, sooner28, Walker8W

WTF Wolf? He asked the Lt "26 dead yet only 1 injured. What does that tell you?"

Okay - we can't totally isolate malls, schools, movie theaters, etc. so what can we do to deter these ****ing attention-starved chicken shits from shooting up a public place?

I have a couple ideas but they'd never fly, of course.

http://newtown.patch.com/articles/reports-of-shooting-at-sandy-hook-elementary-school
    The man identified in media reports Friday as the shooter has told friends that he thinks his developmentally disabled brother may have committed the crime, Patch has learned. A close friend of Ryan Lanza who would not be identified told Patch that he spoke to Lanza as Lanza made his way home from work to Hoboken. Lanza also took to his Facebook page to rail against CNN naming him as the suspect in the shooting in Newtown, Conn.
    “I’m on the bus home now, it wasn’t me,” Lanza wrote.
    Lanza’s mother, Nancy, a school teacher, is believed to be among the dead.
    Patch was among the media outlets to highlight and link to reports naming Ryan Lanza as the alleged shooter. Police haven't yet officially confirmed the identity of the gunman.

The suspect in the Connecticut school shootings is Adam Lanza, 20, the son of a teacher at the school where the shootings occurred, a law enforcement official said Friday. A second law enforcement official says the boy's mother, Nancy Lanza, is presumed dead.

Adam Lanza's older brother, Ryan, 24, of Hoboken, N.J., is being questioned by police, said the first official. Earlier, a law enforcement official mistakenly transposed the brothers' first names.

Both officials spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on the record about the developing criminal investigation.

The first official said Adam Lanza is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

According to the second official, the suspect drove to the scene of the shootings in his mother's car. Three guns were found at the scene — a Glock and a Sig Sauer, both pistols — and a .223-caliber rifle. The rifle was recovered from the back of a car at the school. The two pistols were recovered from inside the school.

The official also said Lanza's girlfriend and another friend are missing in New Jersey.

Meanwhile, former Jersey Journal staff writer Brett Wilshe said he has spoken with Ryan Lanza of Hoboken, who told Wilshe the shooter may have had Ryan Lanza's identification.

Ryan Lanza has a Facebook page that posted updates Friday afternoon that read that "it wasn't me" and "I was at work."

From the AP

Originally Posted by Morningwood View Post
    Okay - we can't totally isolate malls, schools, movie theaters, etc. so what can we do to deter these ****ing attention-starved chicken shits from shooting up a public place?

I've thought about this too. I was gonna float some thoughts and ideas in the Dome but I don't know that thread is ready for deep, thoughtful questions and discussions. It already has some typical flippant responses.

Originally Posted by Morningwood View Post

Dr Drew seems to be the only one that gets it. They were interviewing him earlier. He said we've entered a new era. Leaders need to start setting better examples. Their battles trickle down to every day life. People are at each others throats inside of having friendly debates. Instead of ignoring signs, address them and get family members help. He didn't once say it was about gun control like other news folks hit towards.

The following users like this post: fdubzou

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    WTF Wolf? He asked the Lt "26 dead yet only 1 injured. What does that tell you?"
    Ya I turned him off...he was just babbling bullshit.

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Dr Drew seems to be the only one that gets it. They were interviewing him earlier. He said we've entered a new era. Leaders need to start setting better examples. Their battles trickle down to every day life. People are at each others throats inside of having friendly debates. Instead of ignoring signs, address them and get family members help. He didn't once say it was about gun control like other news folks hit towards.
    Well, this is even an example of that. How many people's first reactions were "GUN CONTROL!" or "GUN CONTROL WOULDN'T HELP!"?

As a society, we're polarized to the point where kindergartners can be slaughtered, and our first thoughts are of our politics. Our politics are our religion, and the **** if we aren't more like the Taliban everyday in our practice of it.
    4 users like The's post: BernieMadoff, brokebacksooner, oucub23, SpankyNek

I've thought about this too. I was gonna float some thoughts and ideas in the Dome but I don't know that thread is ready for deep, thoughtful questions and discussions. It already has some typical flippant responses.
    My ideas would seem flippant but it's the best I can come up with. Good idea... wait for Thunderdome

Hey, hows the wifi since you changed channels?