Connecticut School Shooting

Posted 676 day(s) ago by willie21689 Views 560 Replies
Page 7 of 12 5 6 7 8 9
    Ok so Ryans facebook is the actual Ryan but he was in New Jersey at the time and it sounds like his brother Adam had a old id of Ryans on him is that how its playing out

Originally Posted by Morningwood View Post
    Hey, hows the wifi since you changed channels?
    It's working great. I appreciate the help. Thanks.
    The following users like this post: Morningwood

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Ok so Ryans facebook is the actual Ryan but he was in New Jersey at the time and it sounds like his brother Adam had a old id of Ryans on him is that how its playing out
    Sounds like Ryan had no idea this was his little brother. If true, that's just yet another sad twist to the day.

Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Sounds like Ryan had no idea this was his little brother. If true, that's just yet another sad twist to the day.
    yeah, that is ****ed up, IT WASNT ME, oh shit it was my brother

Originally Posted by willie View Post
    yeah, that is ****ed up, IT WASNT ME, oh shit it was my brother
    And also not knowing his mother was dead ... though if he heard about the shooting, he had to know something bad was going on at his mother's school. So confusing and sad.

I cry

Onion headline: "**** Everything, Nation Reports"

Originally Posted by freeeewilly66 View Post
    The media should be ****ing ashamed. First interviewing little kids who witnessed the tragedy right after it happened. Now they're throwing random names out there without properly vetting just so they can say they were the ones who got it first? Despicable. I hope they get their asses sued.
    Can only blame them so much, they're businesses first and journalists second. It's the viewers that provide the ratings and the ratings that provide the sponsors.

These networks were given airwaves owned by the American public for free in exchange to "serve the public interest: devoting at least some airtime for worthy programs that inform voters, support local arts and culture and educate our children". I don't consider myself pro-government but why the FCC doesn't regulate the for-profit media is beyond me. It shouldn't be legal to sell advertising during news programs.

Originally Posted by Nuked View Post
    Can only blame them so much, they're businesses first and journalists second. It's the viewers that provide the ratings and the ratings that provide the sponsors.

These networks were given airwaves owned by the American public for free in exchange to "serve the public interest: devoting at least some airtime for worthy programs that inform voters, support local arts and culture and educate our children". I don't consider myself pro-government but why the FCC doesn't regulate the for-profit media is beyond me. It shouldn't be legal to sell advertising during news programs.
    You know who hasn't gotten anything wrong, is only reporting facts, and no one is paying attention to?

NPR.

Just said the bodies of the children and adults are still in the school. Hearing that made me sick to my stomach.

Originally Posted by The View Post
    You know who hasn't gotten anything wrong, is only reporting facts, and no one is paying attention to?

NPR.
    I am listening to NPR right now, coming back into the city. They are doing a great job. They just interviewed a mom who talked about her son not realizing the enormity of what happened, and having to later explain that to him so that he knows what's happened when he goes back to school at some point… They're doing a great job.
    The following users like this post: Aurora

The man identified in media reports Friday as the shooter has told friends that he thinks his developmentally disabled brother may have committed the crime, Patch has learned. A close friend of Ryan Lanza who would not be identified told Patch that he spoke to Lanza as Lanza made his way home from work to Hoboken. Lanza also took to his Facebook page to rail against CNN naming him as the suspect in the shooting in Newtown, Conn.
    “I’m on the bus home now, it wasn’t me,” Lanza wrote.
    Lanza’s mother, Nancy, a school teacher, is believed to be among the dead.
    Patch was among the media outlets to highlight and link to reports naming Ryan Lanza as the alleged shooter. Police haven't yet officially confirmed the identity of the gunman.

Tards with guns...!!!

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Just said the bodies of the children and adults are still in the school. Hearing that made me sick to my stomach.
    I feel the same way.

In addition to the like button we need and agree button. Sometimes liking a statement just seems inappropriate.
    The following users like this post: Sieve

SoonerBounce Guest

Newsok reporting threats were made to Enid high school.

I hope they find the pranksters and make then sit in jail for a bit

SoonerBounce Guest

Originally Posted by The Baconator® View Post
    Tards with guns...!!!
    Not now ****
    2 users like SoonerBounce's post: BernieMadoff, pbc2003

NPR.
    I was listening to them during lunch. Very calm and collected. Everyone else seems chaotic and wired compared to them.
    2 users like Julz's post: Aurora, McRib

Originally Posted by Nuked View Post

They are also getting whatever information they are getting from law enforcement on some level. Ryan Lanza's name wasn't released because some journalist found his ID. Someone in LE told people in the media that name. LE needs to do a better job and not releasing information until they know for sure it is accurate.

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Not now ****

Should we just wait for the next time this happens... ???

Should we just wait for the next time this happens... ???
    There is a thread in ThunderDome if you want to argue about guns.
    2 users like McRib's post: DHF, Irish_Sooner

NPR.
    That's probably because they aren't giddy over the sound of "ka-ching" in the background with increase in ratings due to this tragedy. Fox news few minutes ago had fat Huckabee on there touting the need for God in school. ****ing relentless.

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Yes keep it in Dome

mental illness =(
    The following users like this post: McRib

Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    That's probably because they aren't giddy over the sound of "ka-ching" in the background with increase in ratings due to this tragedy. Fox news few minutes ago had fat Huckabee on there touting the need for God in school. ****ing relentless.

Just got this email from my son's School District

Dear Parents:

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families in Connecticut. Such a horrible act of violence is difficult for adults to comprehend, let alone young children. I want our families to know that our professional counseling staff is available to help our children cope with this tragedy.

I want to reassure you that your child is safe in Clear Creek ISD. We have implemented nationally recognized best practices for campus safety. None-the-less, I have also asked that our principals review our campus security procedures with all staff.

As we approach a very busy week of campus holiday activities, I ask for your patience and understanding since CCISD will strictly enforce its visitor procedures. Prior to entering the main building, all visitors must present a valid driver’s license. The information on your driver’s license will be scanned through our security system. If you do not have proper identification or if there is a concern with the background information, you will not be allowed to enter the school. We anticipate long lines due to many campus events. If possible, arrive early for your scheduled activity. We will have additional staff on hand in the front office to assist with this process. Please recognize our efforts are in the best interest of student safety.

If you have any questions or concerns regarding campus security, please talk with your principal or contact the Office of Communications at

Sincerely,
    Dr. Greg Smith, Superintendent of Schools
    Clear Creek Independent School District

ABCWorldNews: #Newtown Update: Ryan Lanza, brother of gunman Adam Lanza, tells authorities that his brother is autistic, or has Asperger syndrome.

Originally Posted by McRib View Post

I'm pretty sure I know where the threads are in this place and no that comment is valid here... !!!

I'm pretty sure I know where the threads are in this place and no that comment is valid here... !!!
    Actually it is not if you had read what USAO posted

Originally Posted by Irish_Sooner View Post
    Actually it is not if you had read what USAO posted

I read it... !!!

Your statement was inflammatory.

Edit:
    Your statement could have been construed as inflammatory. Or just goofy, which is probably how you meant it.

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Probably can't move for forensic examination. Even tho it's pretty open and shut case...they probably have a protocol...or, as horrific as this sounds, not enough body bags yet.

4:52 p.m: Ryan Lanza, 24, brother of gunman Adam Lanza, 20, tells authorities that his younger brother is autistic, or has Asperger syndrome and a “personality disorder.” Neighbors described the younger man to ABC as “odd” and displaying characteristics associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder.

The family didn't even know what the **** was wrong with the ****.
    2 users like The's post: Aurora, McRib

4:52 p.m: Ryan Lanza, 24, brother of gunman Adam Lanza, 20, tells authorities that his younger brother is autistic, or has Asperger syndrome and a “personality disorder.” Neighbors described the younger man to ABC as “odd” and displaying characteristics associated with obsessive-compulsive disorder.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...hool-shooting/

Holy balls.

And the Autism advocates (whom I assume are actually really good people) are flipping out right now:

Autism Key ‏@AutismKey This is NOT what we need right now! "..brother of gunman tells authorities that his younger brother is autistic..." http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/live-updates-newtown-ct-school-shooting/ …

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Probably can't move for forensic examination. Even tho it's pretty open and shut case...they probably have a protocol...or, as horrific as this sounds, not enough body bags yet.
    I know....just horrible to hear. My daughter is in kindergarten so the more I hear the scarier it gets. Been listening all day and deeply saddened by everything but that was the first thing that literally made my stomach turn. I can't imagine the feeling of the parents when told that their children were still in there.

Because in America if you have a mental illness you are obviously a **** and need to suck it up... ****ing hell, this keeps getting even more ****ed up..
    All I can think about is the families without their babies tonight ..

Mass murder rates have nothing to do with the tools used to engage in mass murder. We have a serious cultural problem in this country right now, and until people quit squeaking about guns and address the real problem these things will continue, and probably escalate.
    7 users like oucub23's post: Aurora, Julz, kssooner, ngintunr, pbc2003, playmakr, pphilfran

Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    Because in America if you have a mental illness you are obviously a **** and need to suck it up... ****ing hell, this keeps getting even more **** up..
    All I can think about is the families without their babies tonight ..
    Inaccurate.

And the Autism advocates (whom I assume are actually really good people) are flipping out right now:

Autism Key ‏@AutismKey This is NOT what we need right now! "..brother of gunman tells authorities that his younger brother is autistic..." http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/12/live-updates-newtown-ct-school-shooting/ …
    Yep. Mrs. URnot is going to have a breakdown when she reads this considering she's a special needs teacher/behaviorist and an adamant champion for them. Bad news all around.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Inaccurate.
    NO the focus is always the murder weapon and never the murdered and how to prevent the murdering ... It makes me sad, people have more shame over needing mental help than man other things.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Probably the former more so than the latter.

Mass murder rates have nothing to do with the tools used to engage in mass murder. We have a serious cultural problem in this country right now, and until people quit squeaking about guns and address the real problem these things will continue, and probably escalate.
    So much truth in this statement.
    The following users like this post: jdmt37

Tards with guns...!!!
    The only thing worse is Canadians with internet access.
    3 users like LASooner's post: jdmt37, oorah_okie, pbc2003

NO the focus is always the murder weapon and never the murdered and how to prevent the murdering ... It makes me sad, people have more shame over needing mental help than man other things.
    I don't understand what you're saying.

Tards with guns...!!!
    Screw you, heartless ****! GTFO
    3 users like Soonermarty's post: BernieMadoff, jdmt37, Sieve

Because in America if you have a mental illness you are obviously a **** and need to suck it up... ****ing hell, this keeps getting even more ****ed up..
    So am I the **** or is my son the **** because I/we have him in counseling for ocd/adhd amongst other issues he has? Now, if we are playing outside and he falls and scrapes a knee or hand I will tell him to rub some dirt on it and shake the **** off of him....I think your generalized statement is not accurate.

As to this story and it is now breaking that the shooter may have had mental issues...the way all the news has broken throughout the day...I think it is pretty stupid to jump to conclusions that his parents weren't aware of and concerned about his issues and did nothing to help their child.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Originally Posted by SoonerArtillery View Post
    So am I the **** or is my son the **** because I/we have him in counseling for ocd/adhd amongst other issues he has? Now, if we are playing outside and he falls and scrapes a knee or hand I will tell him to rub some dirt on it and shake the **** off of him....I think your generalized statement is not accurate.

As to this story and it is now breaking that the shooter may have had mental issues...the way all the news has broken throughout the day...I think it is pretty stupid to jump to conclusions that his parents weren't aware of and concerned about his issues and did nothing to help their child.
    I don't think Aurora meant that as her point of view. I think she was deriding that as the typical American pov.

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    I don't think Aurora meant that as her point of view. I think she was deriding that as the typical American pov.
    And when I said inaccurate, I think she's wrong that that's the American pov.

And when I said inaccurate, I think she's wrong that that's the American pov.
    Understood.

I have no words. This unimaginable act is gut wrenching. My heart aches for those familes.