Connecticut School Shooting

Posted 614 day(s) ago by willie21504 Views 560 Replies
Page 9 of 12 7 8 9 10 11

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    It's going to be terrible the next few days as we learn who the kids were, see their pictures, hear their stories. As I heard someone say on TV, most if not all these kids were no doubt believing that Santa was coming to their house in 11 days and today the devil came to their school. As a parent it just shreds your heart.
    I was thinking earlier about the wrapped presents under trees that will remain unopened Christmas morning.

Heart. Break.
    2 users like McRib's post: oucub23, Sieve

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    I was thinking earlier about the wrapped presents under trees that will remain unopened Christmas morning.

Heart. Break.
    Me too, extremely sad.

No one wants to think it could hit so close to home, but last week it did for us. My oldest son is a freshman at ECU in Ada. One of his close friends and suite-mate was kidnapped by another student right across the suite from my son. This s.o.b. took my son's friend out on a dirt road and murdered him just to see what it felt like. He chose his victom based on who had a car, and who was available. Luckily for my son he went to the movies with another friend that night or it easily could have been him, you try and protect your precious children as much as possible but feel so helpless when evil gets so close. All I wanted to do was hold my son and not let go.

Originally Posted by catfishcurtis View Post
    No one wants to think it could hit so close to home, but last week it did for us. My oldest son is a freshman at ECU in Ada. One of his close friends and suite-mate was kidnapped by another student right across the suite from my son. This s.o.b. took my son's friend out on a dirt road and murdered him just to see what it felt like. He chose his victom based on who had a car, and who was available. Luckily for my son he went to the movies with another friend that night or it easily could have been him, you try and protect your precious children as much as possible but feel so helpless when evil gets so close. All I wanted to do was hold my son and not let go.
    Wow.

SoonerBounce Guest

Heart. Break.
    Shit
    The following users like this post: oucub23

I have a 6 year old and I will not let her see any of this. It will just scare her and I don't want her to be scared to go to school. If she brings it up after hearing about it at school or some other place, I will talk to her about it but it won't be on the tv at all at home when she is awake.
    Same with my family. I was watching Elf on a shelf with my 5yr old. I walked out of the room for a few minutes and came back just as the news came on. Quick scramble for the remote. Don't want her to watch even 10 seconds of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's going to be terrible the next few days as we learn who the kids were, see their pictures, hear their stories. As I heard someone say on TV, most if not all these kids were no doubt believing that Santa was coming to their house in 11 days and today the devil came to their school. As a parent it just shreds your heart.

Heart. Break.
    Buzzkill central up in this mother. Shitty deal. My heart hurts.

Heart. Break.
    That's what I can't stop thinking about when I watch this on TV. I see the excitement for Santa with my daughter, I see her eyes light up talking about Christmas, listen to her sing, or attempt to sing all the Christmas songs and it just makes me so happy to see and hear. And I cringe at thinking that 20 families will no longer get to see and hear that. I cant imagine the terror going through those little kids at that moment, not understanding, scared beyond comprehension, wanting their mom and dads and then gone forever at the hands of pure evil. It's just so ****ing horrible.

It reminds you to try to not take a single moment you have with your kids for granted. I already tell my daughter I love her several times a day, every day. She's going to hear it even more.

SoonerBounce Guest

Man I usually get upset about this stuff but this is really getting to me.

I can't even watch coverage. It makes me sick. Especially all the news doing this for ratings

For those parents on here who would like a good book on protecting your kids, check out Protecting the Gift by Gavin De Becker. Something every parent should read imo.

Originally Posted by Aquinas View Post
    Oh Lord....
    My exact reaction.

Tonight as I put my 4 year old to bed. I hugged him so tight and thanked God for him, and he grabbed my face and kissed me and said I love you daddy and man did my allergies come on strong.
    4 users like Soonermarty's post: Aquinas, lycao, mxATVracer10, The Baconator®

I usually watch this kind of sad shit on tv and it doesn't seem real or whatever, but this one just made me cry after they started confirming what happened.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    ****. I wish I had never clicked that. My daughter even has the same dress the girl is wearing.

SoonerBounce Guest

Originally Posted by Soonermarty View Post
    Tonight as I put my 4 year old to bed. I hugged him so tight and thanked God for him, and he grabbed my face and kissed me and said I love you daddy and man did my allergies come on strong.
    My 3 year old daughter told me she wanted to cuddle with mommy. I told her like always when the sun comes up you can come cuddle. She put her hands on my cheeks, pulled me closed and whispered " I want to cuddle with you too daddy".

I don't think I will be able to turn on the news anymore. Now that they will be showing pics of the kids

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    My 3 year old daughter told me she wanted to cuddle with mommy. I told her like always when the sun comes up you can come cuddle. She put her hands on my cheeks, pulled me closed and whispered " I want to cuddle with you too daddy".

I don't think I will be able to turn on the news anymore. Now that they will be showing pics of the kids
    That was my reaction when I saw that link to that memorial page above. Just hearing about this story is hard enough, but once we start seeing all of the pictures of the kids, it's only gonna be a lot harder.

If only guns could fire backwards when mentally ill people fire them...

Originally Posted by Soonerpsycho View Post
    I love you.

Man, I needed that... Thanks!

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Originally Posted by the-rover View Post
    Uh, seriously?

Seriously. Those are some kids motivated to behave.
    4 users like SoCaliSooner's post: jdmt37, oucub23, pphilfran, SoonerPT

Keep the pissing matches and political talk in the Dome, there's a thread on this topic there too.

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    Guns make autistic people kill people. I always thought it made them good at counting cards in Vegas and bringing brothers together.
    Are you autistic or Tom Cruise?

Moved a bunch of crap to TD before this thread went to complete shit.

Originally Posted by VUGear View Post
    Social networks really do show how stupid people can be.
    The following users like this post: pbc2003

Man is someone cutting onions in here?

They're saying Adam Lanza had an altercation with some people at the school a few days ago.

the state medical examiner press conference is a little weird, I'm sure the dude is just exhausted

They confirmed the kids were all murdered. Well no shit. Dude was frazzled I understand

So now they're saying his mother didn't even work as a teacher at the school but may have been a substitute at some point. Tried to buy a gun on tuesday unsuccessfully.

This has been floating around. I'll put it in nsfw tags because it includes an image of the dead Columbine shooters. But it's a pic of a thread from 4chan from before the shootings of a poster saying he was going to commit suicide on Friday and make the news...

Not Safe For Work
    Last edited by usaosooner; December 15th, 2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: edited the pic so it'll stay

what the hell is this 4chan?

Originally Posted by willie View Post
    what the hell is this 4chan?
    A message board for hackers, perverts and social deviants. So, a lot like LT.

Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Wasn't the Auroa shooter on 4chan too?

Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    well **** then I will go register

The 4chan pic is a fake (I edited the pic, cause it is very real) The Aurora shooter had no ties to 4chan either. 4chan tried to get 9Gag to be be blamed for Aurora. 4chan has been apart of plenty of crazy/freaky/sad shit. but these two incidents they arent

My 15 yo Asperger son lives with me and just started HS this Fall in a new school district and is struggling to make friends and get accepted. At the risk of sounding insensitive to the parents and families who have lost so much, this won't make my son's life any easier.
    The following users like this post: Aurora

Originally Posted by Rowdyroady View Post
    My 15 yo Asperger son lives with me and just started HS this Fall in a new school district and is struggling to make friends and get accepted. At the risk of sounding insensitive to the parents and families who have lost so much, this won't make my son's life any easier.
    That. Is tough Rowdy. Being a parent is tough enough but you and your family have a more difficult situation than most of us ever have to deal with. Hope you're able to obtain the wisdom you jeed to deal with what lies ahead

Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    That. Is tough Rowdy. Being a parent is tough enough but you and your family have a more difficult situation than most of us ever have to deal with. Hope you're able to obtain the wisdom you need to deal with what lies ahead

#19 & #25. All are great but those 2. Wow.

Originally Posted by Rowdyroady View Post
    You're right, it won't. It's already very challenging and misunderstood, this won't help. Hugs to you guys.
    The following users like this post: Aurora

Medical examiner stated that each child was shot up to 11 times.

Sounds like they were shot with a rifle