Connecticut School Shooting

Posted 678 day(s) ago by willie21704 Views 560 Replies
Page 11 of 12 9 10 11 12
    Now they're saying his mom was a prepper and believe the world was on the brink of collapse.

Whats his connection with the school?

So, autism rates are rising. Why not throw billions of dollars into researching what is actually causing not only autism, but all mental disorders? Sometimes the answer is simple, for example lead and violent crime.
    3 users like The's post: Coach, HudBannon, The Baconator®

Apparently hackers have taken over one of the Westboro twitter accounts: http://gizmodo.com/5969006/hackers-t...church-twitter

A Twitter account belonging to Shirley Phelps-Roper, a "lawyer" and "official spokesperson" for the "church" (and daughter of its insane, bigoted founder, Fred Phelps) is now being run by UG****. Yesterday, she was writing things like this:

"Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead. What's more important-mourning or your soul? #****MarriageDoomsCT #Newtown"

Now, not so much—the bigot is silenced.

@DearShirley
    #****WBC

2 users like El Jefe's post: Coach, DHF

Originally Posted by The View Post
    So, autism rates are rising. Why not throw billions of dollars into researching what is actually causing not only autism, but all mental disorders? Sometimes the answer is simple, for example lead and violent crime.
    I just watched a television show about how they invented the process to add lead (TEL) to gasoline to increase engine performance. The inventor of the process almost died of lead poisoning. He then tried to prevent the process from being used because he realized how harmful it could be because of the lead it would introduce to the environment. But by that time - it was too late and there was too much money to be made. This was in the early 1920s - and leaded gasoline was used pretty much exclusively until it was started to be phased out in the 1970s.

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Now they're saying his mom was a prepper and believe the world was on the brink of collapse.
    Interesting article about that. Sorry if repost:

http://news.yahoo.com/gunmans-mother...010414000.html

It says she was one who "prepared for the worst" - but it mostly says she enjoyed target shooting as a hobby. It also says her son had episodes at school she would have to be called into deal with and that she told the babysitter to never turn his back on her son. With this in mind - why would she not keep her weapons in a secure safe with a combination lock? There is no way she should have let her son have access to guns of any kind.

Re: Connecticut School Shooting

Originally Posted by Jestermonkey View Post
    I just watched a television show about how they invented the process to add lead (TEL) to gasoline to increase engine performance. The inventor of the process almost died of lead poisoning. He then tried to prevent the process from being used because he realized how harmful it could be because of the lead it would introduce to the environment. But by that time - it was too late and there was too much money to be made. This was in the early 1920s - and leaded gasoline was used pretty much exclusively until it was started to be phased out in the 1970s.

Interesting article about that. Sorry if repost:

http://news.yahoo.com/gunmans-mother...010414000.html

It says she was one who "prepared for the worst" - but it mostly says she enjoyed target shooting as a hobby. It also says her son had episodes at school she would have to be called into deal with and that she told the babysitter to never turn his back on her son. With this in mind - why would she not keep her weapons in a secure safe with a combination lock? There is no way she should have let her son have access to guns of any kind.
    Exactly. Do we know if she left them easy accessible? Or were they in a safe (maybe he got the combo somehow)?

This would make much more sense, and have a much greater effect on these types of crimes, than banning certain guns. One thing you will almost always find with these mass murderers is an underlying mental illness.
    The following users like this post: HudBannon

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    This would make much more sense, and have a much greater effect on these types of crimes, than banning certain guns. One thing you will almost always find with these mass murderers is an underlying mental illness.
    So sane people can commit mass murder?

With this in mind - why would she not keep her weapons in a secure safe with a combination lock? There is no way she should have let her son have access to guns of any kind.
    Well, it's an assumption that she didn't. But even if she took safeguards, he could have seen her enter the combination or known where she kept keys. There was a lot of talk about why the school would buzz him in, when the reality of it was that he bust his way in. We may never know the details, but we shouldn't be assuming things were a certain way. There's been a lot of incorrect information being conveyed through major new source, so you can't trust anything said or written as being accurate.

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    So sane people can commit mass murder?
    I'm sure they can, but they don't.
    The following users like this post: Coach

We're too busy using those billions of dollars to bomb brown people on the other side of the planet and jail citizens for possessing marijuana.
    The following users like this post: IndySooner

Originally Posted by Jestermonkey View Post
    ....It says she was one who "prepared for the worst" - but it mostly says she enjoyed target shooting as a hobby. It also says her son had episodes at school she would have to be called into deal with and that she told the babysitter to never turn his back on her son. With this in mind - why would she not keep her weapons in a secure safe with a combination lock? There is no way she should have let her son have access to guns of any kind.
    This...^^^

i know it was mentioned but here is Anonymous video to WBC
    The following users like this post: The Baconator®

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post

i know it was mentioned but here is Anonymous video to WBC
    Who is Anonymous? From some of the comments it sounds like they have done this type of stuff before?

The mass murderer, identified by authorities as Adam Lanza, packed a pair of weapons and blasted his teacher mom before opening fire on her students inside the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, CT.
    Who writes this dreck? Can they not come up with a way to say this in a more sensitive manner?

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Who writes this dreck? Can they not come up with a way to say this in a more sensitive manner?

or a more accurate manner

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Who is Anonymous? From some of the comments it sounds like they have done this type of stuff before?
    The following users like this post: URNotserious

SoonerBounce Guest
    Originally Posted by andymancan20 View Post
    yes I'm serious.

And yet explains so much......
    2 users like URNotserious's post: El Jefe, IndySooner

yes I'm serious.
    group of hackers who have helped expose governments, corporations, and various other organizations...they are an ambiguous group of techies who exact their revenge on people via electronic mediums...e.g. they've shut down the wbc website and posted all of their info...

The following users like this post: Sooners2007

Wow. Westboro united the KKK & Anonymous.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/emilywil...uld-you-worry/

I started googling, and the "Causes of Autism" world puts the tin hat brigade to shame.

And that's sad.
    The following users like this post: McRib

yes I'm serious.
    Hackers.well some of them are hackers. its basically an online loosely affiliated group/concept

Mad props to Anonymous for blasting WBC scum.

Must read article about Aurora and Sandy Hooks shooting being connected
    http://realnewsaustralia.wordpress.c...ave-in-common/

Originally Posted by Romulus View Post
    Must read article about Aurora and Sandy Hooks shooting being connected
    http://realnewsaustralia.wordpress.c...ave-in-common/
    FWIW Snopes is saying this isn't true....

http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/newtown.asp

It's the last one mentioned

Was wondering about Snopes

4 users like Soonerpsycho's post: 2121sooner, jdmt37, Mississippi Sooner, SoonerArtillery

Possible Motive?

EXCLUSIVE: Fear of being committed may have caused Connecticut gunman to snap

NEWTOWN, Conn. – The gunman who slaughtered 20 children and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school may have snapped because his mother was planning to commit him to a psychiatric facility, according to a lifelong resident of the area who was familiar with the killer’s family and several of the victims’ families.

Adam Lanza, 20, targeted Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown after killing his mother early Friday because he believed she loved the school “more than she loved him,” said Joshua Flashman, 25, who grew up not far from where the shooting took place. Flashman, a U.S. Marine, is the son of a pastor at an area church where many of the victims' families worship.

“From what I've been told, Adam was aware of her petitioning the court for conservatorship and (her) plans to have him committed," Flashman told FoxNews.com. "Adam was apparently very upset about this. He thought she just wanted to send him away. From what I understand, he was really, really angry. I think this could have been it, what set him off.”

A senior law enforcement official involved in the investigation confirmed that Lanza's anger at his mother over plans for “his future mental health treatment” is being looked at as a possible motive for the deadly shooting.

Flashman was told Nancy Lanza had begun filing paperwork to get conservatorship over her troubled son, but that could not be confirmed because a court official told FoxNews.com such records are sealed. The move would have been necessary for her to gain the legal right to commit an adult to a hospital or psychiatric facility against his will. A competency hearing had not yet been held.
    Adam Lanza attended the Sandy Hook School as a boy, according to Flashman, who said Nancy Lanza had volunteered there for several years. Two law enforcement sources said they believed Nancy Lanza had been volunteering with kindergartners at the school. Most of Lanza's victims were first graders sources believe Nancy Lanza may have worked with last year.

Flashman said Nancy Lanza was also good friends with the school’s principal and psychologist—both of whom were killed in the shooting rampage.

"Adam Lanza believed she cared more for the children than she did for him, and the reason he probably thought this [was the fact that] she was petitioning for conservatorship and wanted to have him committed," Flashman said. "I could understand how he might perceive that—that his mom loved him less than she loved the kids, loved the school. But she did love him. But he was a troubled kid and she probably just couldn’t take care of him by herself anymore."

The Washington Post reported that the distraught mother had considered moving with her son to Washington state, where she had found a school she thought could help him. Either way, according to Flashman, Nancy Lanza was at her wit's end.

A separate neighborhood source also told FoxNews.com that Nancy Lanza had come to the realization she could no longer handle her son alone. She was caring for him full-time, but told friends she needed help. She was planning to have him involuntarily hospitalized, according to the source, who did not know if she had taken formal steps.

Multiple sources told FoxNews.com Adam Lanza suffered from Asperger’s syndrome, a form of autism, and unspecified mental and emotional problems.
    Adam Lanza has also been described by those who knew him as highly intelligent, and a spokesman for Western Connecticut State University told The Associated Press he took college classes there when he was 16, earning a 3.26 grade point average and excelling at a computer course.

Alan Diaz, 20, who was friends with Adam Lanza at Newtown High School, said the Lanza he knew was ill-at-ease socially, but not a monster.

"He was a wicked smart kid," Diaz told FoxNews.com by email. "When I first met him, he wouldn't even look at you when you tried to talk to him. Over the year I knew him, he became used to me and my other friends, he eventually could have full conversations with us.

"I've heard him laugh, he has even comforted me once in a hard time I had," Diaz said. “A big part of me wishes I never dropped contact with him after he left high school, felt like I could have done something."

Flashman said nobody will completely understand why Adam did what he did.
    “No one can explain Adam Lanza besides God and Adam Lanza, and I don’t even think Adam Lanza could explain Adam Lanza, to be honest with you.”

Link

SIAP

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Link

SIAP
    (sigh) Not surprising and also really frustrating as it sounds like his Mom was trying to do the right thing. Some might argue she should've done it sooner but I don't think that would've made a difference. He just would've made the same horrible decision earlier.

Link

SIAP
    Than his mother was an extreme dumbass for having guns in the house especially not in a safe where he could pick one up

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by macdaddybuff View Post
    Than his mother was an extreme dumbass for having guns in the house especially not in a safe where he could pick one up

Exactly. If stuff has gotten so bad that you're looking at having your own son committed to an institution against his will, it's probably time to take the guns to a completely secured area that he'd never get to. Hindsight is 20/20, but still...that seems like pretty basic common sense.
    The following users like this post: Sooners2007

+1.

I guess she paid for being a dumbass, too bad she didn't get too see how big of a dumbass she was.

Maybe she did.

Two things: It's possible that she DID have the guns in her safe but he got to them anyway.

Also, this guy sounded pretty determined that I think he would've found access to a deadly firearm one way or another.

Procession for seven-year-old Daniel Barden who like most boys wanted to grow up and be a fireman
    4 users like usaosooner's post: BernieMadoff, Soonerpsycho, Sooners2007, suncoastsooner

THIS LETTER TO A 6-YEAR-OLD SANDY HOOK VICTIM FROM HIS BEST FRIEND WILL LEAVE YOU SPEECHLESS

Many Americans are still trying to wrap their heads around the horror that befell Sandy Hook Elementary School last Friday. As the victims are laid to rest, new stories continue to emerge from the survivors — many of whom hid from the gunman or fled for their lives. Among the more recent media accounts is a somber tale — a letter that a young boy named John wrote to his best friend, six-year-old Jack Pinto, one of the 20 children tragically murdered.

The note, while short, encapsulates the level of devastation being felt, while stirring deep and intense emotion, especially when considering the unimaginable pain and loss that such young survivors are facing. As reported by Gawker, USA Today reporter Yamiche Alcindor took a picture of the letter, which included pictures of John and Jack, and posted it to Twitter.

In it, John shared his love for his friend, promising to “talk” to him in his prayers. The words are short and to the point, yet stirring, especially considering that they come from such a small child:

Jack,
    You are my best friend.
    We had fun together.
    I will miss you.
    I will talk to you in my prayers.
    I love you Jack.
    Love,
    John

Jack was laid to rest on Monday. A football fan, the young boy was memorialized by New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz this week, who put the child’s name on his cleats and gloves. The messages the famed player wrote read, “Jack Pinto ‘My Hero’ and “R.I.P. Jack Pinto.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/this...-you-to-tears/
    2 users like kssooner's post: Soonerpsycho, Sooners2007

^^

Read the first couple sentences. I can't read the rest..
    2 users like ArbySooner's post: McRib, Sooners2007

Link

SIAP
    I do not understand our mental health system as far as what the procedures are, etc. but I find it amazing some of the people they let go out into the street. I saw a guy several months ago who still had a band around his wrist from whatever hospital he was in. He was walking around putting things in trees, like picking up trash and putting it in trees. I saw him later that day and there was a cop in the area and I pointed him out thinking he might have escaped the mental hospital but the cop said no, they just let them go. I saw no way this guy would be able to care for himself on his own. He was likely no threat to anyone but himself, or maybe he was, but I cannot imagine how he could have fed himself. I have no problem with taxpayers paying for someone like this to stay in a safe place.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    THIS LETTER TO A 6-YEAR-OLD SANDY HOOK VICTIM FROM HIS BEST FRIEND WILL LEAVE YOU SPEECHLESS

Many Americans are still trying to wrap their heads around the horror that befell Sandy Hook Elementary School last Friday. As the victims are laid to rest, new stories continue to emerge from the survivors — many of whom hid from the gunman or fled for their lives. Among the more recent media accounts is a somber tale — a letter that a young boy named John wrote to his best friend, six-year-old Jack Pinto, one of the 20 children tragically murdered.

The note, while short, encapsulates the level of devastation being felt, while stirring deep and intense emotion, especially when considering the unimaginable pain and loss that such young survivors are facing. As reported by Gawker, USA Today reporter Yamiche Alcindor took a picture of the letter, which included pictures of John and Jack, and posted it to Twitter.

In it, John shared his love for his friend, promising to “talk” to him in his prayers. The words are short and to the point, yet stirring, especially considering that they come from such a small child:

Jack,
    You are my best friend.
    We had fun together.
    I will miss you.
    I will talk to you in my prayers.
    I love you Jack.
    Love,
    John

Jack was laid to rest on Monday. A football fan, the young boy was memorialized by New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz this week, who put the child’s name on his cleats and gloves. The messages the famed player wrote read, “Jack Pinto ‘My Hero’ and “R.I.P. Jack Pinto.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/this...-you-to-tears/
    I read this yesterday. Broke my fricken heart.

So so sad.

Damn it. It got all dusty in my office again. Ugh.

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    ^^

Read the first couple sentences. I can't read the rest..
    Come on dude...the kid's 6 years old. Quit bagging on his penmanship.

It was pretty rough to read. I've had a tough couple weeks with some untimely losses (5.5 month old baby and a close friend 35) and as I read that yesterday it was pretty tough. I just keep picturing my 2 little ones' smiles and laughs and hopeful that I can see them for a long, long time.
    The following users like this post: traxx

To clarify on my above like; I'm liking the second part of the post. Not the joke at the beginning.

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    To clarify on my above like; I'm liking the second part of the post. Not the joke at the beginning.
    Hey I thought the laugh was needed.

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Hey I thought the laugh was needed.
    I just didn't want people to think that I was being insensative.