School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

Posted 678 day(s) ago by bruthaman13609 Views 454 Replies
Results 351 to 400 of 455
Page 8 of 10 6 7 8 9 10
  1. #351
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    6,046
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    I do too. Now they have to teach the kids we used to ship off to "special schools" with everybody else, because mommy thinks that singling out her awkward kid puts him at a disadvantage...there are kids in our modern classrooms that would have been in the special Ed rooms in our day...because of possible monetary damages being awarded...not because we "care" about teaching billy joe ham fist algebra when he can't do long division.
    Or when he's moving from Kindergarten to 1st Grade and can't even write his name . . . my wife loves getting those kids.

  2. #352
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I guess things have changed. When I was in school they pretty much put them all in the same classroom.
    Changed a lot. It takes an act of God to get a kid out of "regular classes". As has been pointed out in this thread, mommy and daddy tend to want to sue the school for pointing out that their kid has a learning disability or other issue. What they don't realize is, they're doing their child harm by leaving them in classes with teachers who are unqualified (in a lot of instances) to deal with their kid. It's really sad.

  3. #353
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    I know I pray quite a bit for my brother...more so lately. He teaches special needs high school kids. He hears threats quite a bit

  4. #354

  5. #355
    TheMind____Gap's Avatar
    Posts
    214
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Woodstock Nation

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Anyone see the former Marine standing guard at his kids' school?

    http://www.modbee.com/2012/12/19/250...-front-of.html
    As a "former" Marine, that guy is a giant douche...

  6. #356
    TheMind____Gap's Avatar
    Posts
    214
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Woodstock Nation

    Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    I am pretty much on top of things.

  7. #357
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,535
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    The following users like this post: SoonerArtillery


  8. #358

  9. #359

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    I'm not sure i agree but his final point couldn't be any better:

    He continued: "I don't agree that conservatives and libertarians should view government legislation, especially at the federal level, as the solution to violence. Real change can happen only when we commit ourselves to rebuilding civil society in America, meaning a society based on family, religion, civic and social institutions, and peaceful cooperation through markets."

    Ron Paul

  10. #360
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    6,046
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post

    Hmmmmmm . . . . 11 armed guards. Wonder how many that is per student?

  11. #361
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    Hmmmmmm . . . . 11 armed guards. Wonder how many that is per student?
    I'm guessing 11 for two girls and none for the rest

  12. #362

  13. #363
    Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    I'm guessing 11 for two girls and none for the rest
    You would be guessing wrong. Those 11 guards do not include Secret Service and are a part of the normal security procedure at the school.

  14. #364
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,845
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    I don't think it's such a big deal there are armed guards at a private school in the DC area where oodles of vulnerable children of the richest/most powerful people in the world attend.

  15. #365
    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    I don't think it's such a big deal there are armed guards at a private school in the DC area where oodles of vulnerable children of the richest/most powerful people in the world attend.
    So it's fine for the rich and powerful to have armed security for their kids but **** the rest of us and our kids?

  16. #366
    Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    So it's fine for the rich and powerful to have armed security for their kids but **** the rest of us and our kids?
    The key word is private...I would imagine they also have far better facilities...

  17. #367
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,845
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    So it's fine for the rich and powerful to have armed security for their kids but **** the rest of us and our kids?
    It's private school. You don't like private enterprise? COMMIE!

  18. #368

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    I don't think it's such a big deal there are armed guards at a private school in the DC area where oodles of vulnerable children of the richest/most powerful people in the world attend.
    It's not. It's hypocritical though, and the hypocrisy gets old. Do as I say not as I do is becoming the norm of the 'ruling class.'

  19. #369
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,845
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    It's not. It's hypocritical though, and the hypocrisy gets old. Do as I say not as I do is becoming the norm of the 'ruling class.'
    It might seem hypocritical if you can't tell the difference between a private school in the most important power-base in the world and general public schools all over the nation.

  20. #370

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    It's private school. You don't like private enterprise? COMMIE!
    I realize its a private school. So again, it's fine for the private schools to provide adequate security but not the public ones?

    The guns are fine for these politicians to have around them to protect themselves and their families but us common folk can't be trusted to with them to defend our families because of the crazies and the criminals. Funny thing is you won't find a greater collection of crazy and criminal than you will in the government.
    The following users like this post: Cabbage_town_kid


  21. #371

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    It might seem hypocritical if you can't tell the difference between a private school in the most important power-base in the world and general public schools all over the nation.
    Sure it is. It's okay to protect those kids but the same people enjoying those protections are going to push laws to make it harder for me to protect mine? Sorry.

  22. #372
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a
    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    It might seem hypocritical if you can't tell the difference between a private school in the most important power-base in the world and general public schools all over the nation.
    no this is wrong. It's hypocritical b/c of people in washington being against armed guards in schools but sending his children to a school that has armed guards.

    We all understand private schools can do what they want. Put public schools should have armed officers as well
    The following users like this post: oucub23


  23. #373
    Sancho's Avatar
    Posts
    4,982
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Land of milk and honey

    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    It might seem hypocritical if you can't tell the difference between a private school in the most important power-base in the world and general public schools all over the nation.
    Come one Mallen. You are smarter than this.
    The rich and powerful want to enjoy the protection provided by legal private gun ownership and at the same time they want to make it harder for the common person to legally protect themselves with a gun. If you cant see the hypocrisy there you are simply trying not to.
    2 users like Sancho's post: oucub23, soonerintn


  24. #374
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,845
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Come one Mallen. You are smarter than this.
    The rich and powerful want to enjoy the protection provided by legal private gun ownership and at the same time they want to make it harder for the common person to legally protect themselves with a gun. If you cant see the hypocrisy there you are simply trying not to.
    You have a retarded view of government if you think Pelosi grandstanding is the same thing as the government acting upon your right to bear arms.

    I've not seen ONE meaningful restriction on your ability to own a handgun proferred by ANYONE. Not one. Hell, even the worst out of all of them, Ms. Nancy, isn't asking to take away handguns!!!! And newsflash- if it's going to be illegal for private citizens to have certain kinds of guns in the future, private security firms can't have them either. If they're given an exception, we can all hire a private security firm WHENEVER WE WANT. You can send your kids to super-security private schools right now, if you wish. There's no functional difference b/n them and us except they're rich and powerful, and we're not.

    You idiots just like running around with your hair on fire over the smallest perceived slight.

  25. #375
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,845
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    no this is wrong. It's hypocritical b/c of people in washington being against armed guards in schools but sending his children to a school that has armed guards.

    We all understand private schools can do what they want. Put public schools should have armed officers as well
    There is a significant, significant difference b/n a private school hiring guards on their own, and the Orwellian idea that our public schools should become a lethally-armed security state.

    I mean, this is a really simple distinction, people. You don't have to go to law school to see the difference.

  26. #376

  27. #377
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    There is a significant, significant difference b/n a private school hiring guards on their own, and the Orwellian idea that our public schools should become a lethally-armed security state.

    I mean, this is a really simple distinction, people. You don't have to go to law school to see the difference.
    Again you are missing the point entirely. Kinda surprising with your law school education and all

  28. #378
    Sancho's Avatar
    Posts
    4,982
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Land of milk and honey

    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    You have a retarded view of government if you think Pelosi grandstanding is the same thing as the government acting upon your right to bear arms.

    I've not seen ONE meaningful restriction on your ability to own a handgun proferred by ANYONE. Not one. Hell, even the worst out of all of them, Ms. Nancy, isn't asking to take away handguns!!!! And newsflash- if it's going to be illegal for private citizens to have certain kinds of guns in the future, private security firms can't have them either. If they're given an exception, we can all hire a private security firm WHENEVER WE WANT. You can send your kids to super-security private schools right now, if you wish. There's no functional difference b/n them and us except they're rich and powerful, and we're not.

    You idiots just like running around with your hair on fire over the smallest perceived slight.

    So the Democrats/Liberals dont actually want anything different regarding guns than the Republicans/Conservatives/Libertarians/Independents/Average people who they are demonizing want?

  29. #379
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,845
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    So the Democrats/Liberals dont actually want anything different regarding guns than the Republicans/Conservatives/Libertarians/Independents/Average people who they are demonizing want?
    If you think the "two sides" are differing all that much, you're kidding yourself. Despite the NRA's tonedeaf and idiotic statement, the right isn't exactly championing guns right now that I've seen anywhere.

    But that's besides the point. My point is that there's a significant difference b/n the two concepts that it's hardly hypocritical, and even if it is to some degree, CERTAINLY not to a large enough degree for y'all to get your panties in a wad..

  30. #380
    Sancho's Avatar
    Posts
    4,982
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Land of milk and honey

    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    If you think the "two sides" are differing all that much, you're kidding yourself. Despite the NRA's tonedeaf and idiotic statement, the right isn't exactly championing guns right now that I've seen anywhere.

    But that's besides the point. My point is that there's a significant difference b/n the two concepts that it's hardly hypocritical, and even if it is to some degree, CERTAINLY not to a large enough degree for y'all to get your panties in a wad..
    Alright then. I havent seen any indication that the Right's stance has changed at all (or anyone else's for that matter).
    I still contend that it is hypocritical to rail against gun ownership while enjoying it yourself.

  31. #381
    Tundra's Avatar
    Posts
    2,769
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Indian Territory

    $100 million lawsuit at the state of Connecticut because the secretary turned the intercom on.

    I think I would just be happy my child survived.

  32. #382
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    6,046
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    There is a significant, significant difference b/n a private school hiring guards on their own, and the Orwellian idea that our public schools should become a lethally-armed security state.

    I mean, this is a really simple distinction, people. You don't have to go to law school to see the difference.
    Both institutions are schools so the difference isn't as significant as you'd like it to be.

    Are you all worried about the cost or the fact that a public school would have an armed guard?

    Help me see the difference.

  33. #383
    Dexa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,225
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Moore

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    Both institutions are schools so the difference isn't as significant as you'd like it to be.

    Are you all worried about the cost or the fact that a public school would have an armed guard?

    Help me see the difference.
    I'm for armed security in school, but I'm not so blind to see the point mallen is making.

    I think there is a HUGE difference between a private institution providing its own security at the request/need of the tuition payers versus the government mandating it against the will of a parent to make that choice.

  34. #384
    First report I heard on the shooting about weapons used was he had pistols and they found a bushmaster AR is the trunk of the car. Then I heard he killed most of them with an AR (medical examiner said the wounds were from an AR) NOW I hear that they found 2 more pistols and in fact the AR was in the trunk. Anybody know the validity of this? This seems more and more like a political agenda massacre now. Strange shit going on.

  35. #385
    Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    $100 million lawsuit at the state of Connecticut because the secretary turned the intercom on.

    I think I would just be happy my child survived.
    There was a story right after the shooting about people scamming the public into sending money to a fund in the name of the victims. I am trying to figure out why the victims families are receiving money. Money would be the last thing on my mind if my child had just been killed.

  36. #386

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    $100 million lawsuit at the state of Connecticut because the secretary turned the intercom on.

    I think I would just be happy my child survived.
    Just as politicians will use this tragedy to promote agendas so will parents and attorneys to try and get rich.

  37. #387
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,967
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
    $100 million lawsuit at the state of Connecticut because the secretary turned the intercom on.

    I think I would just be happy my child survived.
    This is really ridiculous. I hope a judge tells the lawyer how stupid this is and throws it out.

  38. #388
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    6,046
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    I'm for armed security in school, but I'm not so blind to see the point mallen is making.

    I think there is a HUGE difference between a private institution providing its own security at the request/need of the tuition payers versus the government mandating it against the will of a parent to make that choice.
    I never said I wanted it to be mandated.

  39. #389
    Dexa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,225
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Moore

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    I never said I wanted it to be mandated.
    Didn't say you did.

  40. #390
    .
    Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 11:09 PM.

  41. #391
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,535
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Boy. Go to YouTube and search Sandy Hook staged, fake, etc. Afuckingmazing.

  42. #392
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Boy. Go to YouTube and search Sandy Hook staged, fake, etc. Afuckingmazing.
    Wow

  43. #393
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Geez these conspiracy theorists are ****ing stupid

  44. #394
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,967
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Boy. Go to YouTube and search Sandy Hook staged, fake, etc. Afuckingmazing.
    I'm not interested in looking at but am curious to know what these idiots are doing.

  45. #395
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,535
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    I'm not interested in looking at but am curious to know what these idiots are doing.
    You name it. The shooting was done by the government. It was a false flag. No one actually saw the kid shoot anyone. Who was it they let go? Who was walking in the woods? The people you saw were actors and fake parents. Dead kids supposedly showing up. The medical examiner was fake. Links between this and the Colorado shootings. The usual JFK/911/Moon Landing/OKC Bombing gang. I guess I've grown to expect it but I didn't expect it here.

  46. #396
    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    I'm not interested in looking at but am curious to know what these idiots are doing.

  47. #397
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    The one interning one was the video of one of te victims in a pic with Obama.

  48. #398
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    You name it. The shooting was done by the government. It was a false flag. No one actually saw the kid shoot anyone. Who was it they let go? Who was walking in the woods? The people you saw were actors and fake parents. Dead kids supposedly showing up. The medical examiner was fake. Links between this and the Colorado shootings. The usual JFK/911/Moon Landing/OKC Bombing gang. I guess I've grown to expect it but I didn't expect it here.
    U forgot the teacher that was an Israeli terrorist

  49. #399
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,535
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    This is the only one I sort of watched. Don't they essplain it? I usually sluff off conspiracy kooks but this is different.

  50. #400
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    This is the only one I sort of watched. Don't they essplain it? I usually sluff off conspiracy kooks but this is different.
    are you saying you believe it never happened?

Similar Threads

  1. Colorado School Shooting
    By usaosooner in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: December 18th, 2013, 07:12 AM
  2. Connecticut School Shooting
    By willie in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 560
    Last Post: January 7th, 2013, 11:15 AM
  3. Replies: 124
    Last Post: December 18th, 2012, 07:53 PM