School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

Posted 592 day(s) ago by bruthaman13347 Views 454 Replies
Page 4 of 10 2 3 4 5 6
    Piers Morgan is an ****. He makes it a habit of yelling over his guests. He's quickly approaching Nancy Grace-level hate from me.

vCash

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    Metal detectors are ****ing useless when trying to prevent school shootings. Having law enforcement at schools is a very good idea, but it's impossible to have officers at every high school/junior high/middle school/elementary/kindergarten/preschool building.
    Its not impossible, HOAs already "purchase" enforcement in many incorporated areas.

My school district spends 7 million a year on security. less than 1% of the budget. and reflects a proprty tax of .01% there are 65 schools in the district. thats the equivalent of 2 cops per school already, and amounts could easily be funded if the option were given the public.

would you vote against a 1/10% increase of property tax to make your schools exponentially safer?

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    would you vote against a 1/10% increase of property tax to make your schools exponentially safer?
    No I would not. I don't have any data of any kind to prove this, but I think some things will happen regardless of our security measures. A part of me is saddened to see our society having to hire armed people so other armed people don't kill our kids at school.
    The following users like this post: DHF

vCash

Originally Posted by Aquinas View Post
    No I would not. I don't have any data of any kind to prove this, but I think some things will happen regardless of our security measures. A part of me is saddened to see our society having to hire armed people so other armed people don't kill our kids at school.
    Amen to that.

Its not impossible, HOAs already "purchase" enforcement in many incorporated areas.

My school district spends 7 million a year on security. less than 1% of the budget. and reflects a proprty tax of .01% there are 65 schools in the district. thats the equivalent of 2 cops per school already, and amounts could easily be funded if the option were given the public.

I was speaking more in terms of officers from local PD's and Sheriff's Departments that are assigned to schools. I think it would be more realistic to have private enforcement that are only assigned to the schools.

And no, I would not vote against the tax increase. I agree with Aquinas, it's terrible that we have to fear for the safety of children at schools.

vCash

How would you change the laws? Which ones would you change? Are there any states that have the model you like?
    Something like that would conflict with his trolling.

vCash

Re: School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

Solution to this situation and every one before it. Allow responsible and licensed adults to carry firearms. If 5 faculty members had been armed this may have been less tragic. But since local, state and federal governments like to legislate ones right to self defense away we will continue to see such events occur. These events are becoming more and more frequent and tragic and they always occur where firearms are strictly prohibited. I wonder why that is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

vCash

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Solution to this situation and every one before it. Allow responsible and licensed adults to carry firearms. If 5 faculty members had been armed this may have been less tragic. But since local, state and federal governments like to legislate ones right to self defense away we will continue to see such events occur. These events are becoming more and more frequent and tragic and they always occur where firearms are strictly prohibited. I wonder why that is.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Totally agree.

If only all of the teachers and janitors had been armed.....this could have been prevented.

If only all of the holiday shoppers had been armed....this could have been prevented.

If only all of the postal employees had been armed....this could have been prevented.

If only all of the moviegoers had been armed.....this could have been prevented.

If only all of the family members had been armed....this could have been prevented.

If only all of the customers had been armed.....this could have been prevented.

If only all of the children had been armed....this could have been prevented.

If only all of the members of the Sikh temple had been armed....this could have been prevented.

If only all of the folks in the nursing home had been armed......this could have been prevented.

If only all of those people at the town hall meeting had been armed....this could have been prevented.

LOL! It's a ****ing gong show over there.
    2 users like sweetnsourpoke's post: bruthaman, Gratefuldawg

Was at a friends house when his son got home from school. His boy is in the 5th grade, he saw what was happening on the news and of course his first question was, is that here? We told him no it was a long ways away from here. He then asked why did he do that? I looked over at my buddy and then at his kid and really had no answer for it. I just told him it was because there are some people out there that just want to do evil things.

I get so tired of the media jumping on the why. Sometimes there is no why, no matter what the perceived reasons are. A reasonable person could not fathom the depth of illness or just plain evil that has to be inside a person to do something like this. Some people just want to create mayhem. Maybe they are just wired different, maybe it's a illness, who knows. We will never really understand the why. Never fails after something like this you get the extremes from both sides. I own guns, I live in a small town zero crime rate. I hunt, much like almost everybody else in this town does. In short it is a very very pro gun town. However, I think there should be tighter gun laws. There is no simple solution for this. People say it's a society problem, it's a HUMAN problem. Since the dawn of time humans have came up with very creative ways to kill each other. We have gotten very good at it. It's not guns, not knives, or swords, or dynamite it's not the ease of obtaining any of those. Personally I think this as well as pretty much everything starts in the HOME. As parents we have to instill the right things into our children. As the child grows that is when the town, city, state, country come in on the education and nurturing of the child. Like the old saying it takes a village to raise a child. I think as people we have gotten away from that. Anyway I'm rambling...

Today I am reminded of a line I heard on the tv show West Wing and I think it is appropriate for today.

"The streets of heaven are too crowded with angels tonight"
    3 users like Soonerlife's post: brokebacksooner, KCRuf/Nek, Sooner Bob

How would you change the laws? Which ones would you change? Are there any states that have the model you like?
    The problem isn't just the laws it's that from a young age we are basically taught unconsciously or flat out that aggression is good and that government is allowed to be aggressive to take care of other people. We would have to completely unlearn this and realize that the non-aggression principle is the way to go.
    The following users like this post: TIMB0B

Originally Posted by sweetnsourpoke View Post
    Bingo.

I don't want to see a single gun law changed in America.

You guys are doing an excellent job killing each other off. Keep it up!
    Something like 40% of the guns sold don't go through proper checks. Even the majority of NRA members are for closing loopholes at gun shows.

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Security is a fine idea. The problem is it really doesn't work. This guy could have just as easily shown up with a 12 gauge loaded with 00 and blown the door off it's hinges.

The only way to limit this short term is armed guards in our schools. The problem isn't guns though. It's the degeneration of our culture.
    It does work. It's worked here in Memphis City Schools, and if there's an armed police officer at a secure door, that has a very good chance of being a deterrent. Not foolproof, but it's better than nothing.
    Last edited by marfacowboy; December 15th, 2012 at 09:00 AM.

not that i think it would solve this problem entirely....but i would love to see the tsa dolts guarding schools instead of groping old ladies and children at the airport....

And its not just schools. An education and a night on the town have become equally dangerous.

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III
    vCash

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    I was thinking earlier about the wrapped presents under trees that will remain unopened Christmas morning.

Heart. Break.
    I've taken the family to spend a few days at Disney's Grand Californian and with all the news coverage and texts I've received over the situation I felt I had to explain the situation to my kids. I've turned this negative into a positive by explaining that being on santa's naughty list apparently has some dire consequences. Nut Job in Connecticut is far more effective than any Elf On the Shelf. My kids have never been more better behaved...
    2 users like SoCaliSooner's post: oilmud, SoonerArtillery

vCash

Connecticut School Shooting

Originally Posted by SoCaliSooner View Post
    I've taken the family to spend a few days at Disney's Grand Californian and with all the news coverage and texts I've received over the situation I felt I had to explain the situation to my kids. I've turned this negative into a positive by explaining that being on santa's naughty list apparently has some dire consequences. Nut Job in Connecticut is far more effective than any Elf On the Shelf. My kids have never been more better behaved...
    You need a spankin.

Uh, seriously?

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

Originally Posted by the-rover View Post
    Uh, seriously?
    Just ignore him. Every board needs an ****

Seems like a stun gun would be a good defensive measure. I think most people would be much more able and willing to disable an attacker than having to kill them......

Originally Posted by SleestakkSooner View Post
    Seems like a stun gun would be a good defensive measure. I think most people would be much more able and willing to disable an attacker than having to kill them......
    you bring a stun gun to a gunfight.....and you will likely end up dead

vCash

Is it true that the shooter only had two legally purchased handguns, a glock and a sig?

Why do they keep talking about the assault rifle? Wasn't it in the dudes car the entire time?

Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    Is it true that the shooter only had two legally purchased handguns, a glock and a sig?
    Read somewhere he had a rifle but it was found in the car.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash

You ate one strangle person

vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    You ate one strangle person
    I actually ate two....only strangled one.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    I was thinking earlier about the wrapped presents under trees that will remain unopened Christmas morning.

Heart. Break.

I bet some of those are guns... !!!

Seriously. Those are some kids motivated to behave.
    You've motivated your kids to behave under the threat of getting shot? That's some fine parenting.

vCash

Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    I believe they all belonged to his mother and were registered.

vCash

You really are a low life little piece of shit. Unfuckingbelievable!

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    The problem isn't just the laws it's that from a young age we are basically taught unconsciously or flat out that aggression is good and that government is allowed to be aggressive to take care of other people. We would have to completely unlearn this and realize that the non-aggression principle is the way to go.
    You're spinning this into something it wasn't to prop up your political views.

vCash

Originally Posted by Shooterms View Post
    How long has it been since someone got on an airplane with a firearm? Even before 9/11 and the TSA it was practically impossible to get a gun on a plane.
    Happens every day...

http://blog.tsa.gov/2010/12/70-detec...ate-being.html

vCash

Soledad obrien crying for gun control.

I'm done with conservatives for a while. This shit is disgusting.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/huckabee-...-from-schools/

Your petty vengeful god was mad that he got removed from public schools so he let a psychopath kill 26 innocent people. At least that is what I gather from Huckabee
    The following users like this post: marfacowboy

vCash

Originally Posted by the-rover View Post
    You've motivated your kids to behave under the threat of getting shot? That's some fine parenting.
    Usually it's under the threat of getting the belt, whipped with a wire hanger or electrical cord, those are fairly effective too.

SoonerBounce Guest
    vCash
    and i'm done with this thread. Now that the ****s are coming out. Only took less than 24 hours before everything was back to normal. Wish usao would clean the trash out of this thread
    The following users like this post: Lake_Bum

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    I'm done with conservatives for a while. This shit is disgusting.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/huckabee-...-from-schools/

Your petty vengeful god was mad that he got removed from public schools so he let a psychopath kill 26 innocent people. At least that is what I gather from Huckabee
    That's not what he said at all.

vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    and i'm done with this thread. Now that the ****s are coming out. Only took less than 24 hours before everything was back to normal. Wish usao would clean the trash out of this thread
    Took less than 8 hours for the news and politicians to turn it into a gun control debate. I'm proud that we made it 24 hours.

Originally Posted by pbc2003 View Post
    That's not what he said at all.
    He is saying that if public school kids were praying to his diety, this wouldn't have happened. God would not have allowed it to happen. Since kids are not evangelized in school, god let this one slide.

Seriously, **** the religious right and everything they stand for.

Took less than 8 hours for the news and politicians to turn it into a gun control debate. I'm proud that we made it 24 hours.
    Painfully clear the agenda when they're lamenting people having a type of gun that wasn't even used in the school isn't it?

News reports say he was borderline autistic. Costas will probably endorse goverent control of autistic kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The following users like this post: SoCaliSooner

vCash

He is saying that if public school kids were praying to his diety, this wouldn't have happened. God would not have allowed it to happen. Since kids are not evangelized in school, god let this one slide.

This is part of the problem...not so much that you dislike religion...it is the absolute hate for someone's belief....

As a society we have little or no respect for the views of others if they differ from our own...and then, as a society, when we find those differences we go overboard with our disgust...

Reasonable people such as OOO (cough, cough...I keed) can keep themselves in control...but others that are not so stable see the discourse, join in, and then go to the extreme to show who is right...

If our smartest leaders in DC cannot find ways to work with each other it shows how far we have fallen as a society...

Look at the role models that we have for our kids....
    2 users like pphilfran's post: oucub23, SpankyNek

You are one intolerant ****

awwww, has widdle triple-vag got a case of triple-PMS this morning?

vCash

I thought you were done...

vCash

Religion is just another topic of knee-jerk reactions to traumatic events, just like gun control and video games.

The fear for secular individuals is that the knee jerk religious reaction will gain substantial steam due to the extreme majority of religious followers.

Just read Facebook for five minutes to see exactly how stupid people can be in large groups, regardless of the topic.
    The following users like this post: oorah_okie

vCash

Originally Posted by Dexa View Post

Just read Land Thieves for five minutes to see exactly how stupid people can be in large groups, regardless of the topic.
    The following users like this post: Dexa

No, he's saying that if this kid had a relationship with God and had learned to love others and take his problems to God instead of trying to deal with everything on his own this may not have happened.

I think he's close to something, while at the same time missing it entirely. We have a cultural problem in this country right now. A lot of people sense this and are trying to articulate how to fix it. Putting the Bible back in schools doesn't prevent this shooting, but that's the closest he could get with his limited understanding of the cultural problems we face as a whole.

We've lost art in the US. We've lost our traditional community cohesion. When someone now talks about traditional America they're accused of racism and lamenting the loss of segregation. It's not about that--it's the loss of Norman Rockwell or It's a Wonderful Life. We've lost our communities. Now we are raising a spoiled, entitled generation that doesn't understand adversity, let alone how to deal with it. Everyone feels like they can be famous on YouTube or the evening news. Big Brother, Survivor, etc applaud the lowest common denominator. The person that is terrible on American Idol and then behaves like human filth gets the most camera time. Our 'now' society is encouraging this--and until we fix the fundamental problems we are going to see more of these nightmares brought to life.

This guy yesterday was punishing his mother it appears. There's so much there that when clinically discussed would offend the hell out of people that I won't go in to it, but had the community been what it would have been in 'traditional' America, I don't think this happens.
    6 users like oucub23's post: Col.JimBeam, Julz, KCRuf/Nek, oorah_okie, pphilfran, ThievingMagpie

vCash

Originally Posted by PokeJ View Post
    News reports say he was borderline autistic. Costas will probably endorse goverent control of autistic kids.

Guns make autistic people kill people. I always thought it made them good at counting cards in Vegas and bringing brothers together.

vCash

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I think he's close to something, while at the same time missing it entirely. We have a cultural problem in this country right now. A lot of people sense this and are trying to articulate how to fix it. Putting the Bible back in schools doesn't prevent this shooting, but that's the closest he could get with his limited understanding of the cultural problems we face as a whole.

We've lost art in the US. We've lost our traditional community cohesion. When someone now talks about traditional America they're accused of racism and lamenting the loss of segregation. It's not about that--it's the loss of Norman Rockwell or It's a Wonderful Life. We've lost our communities. Now we are raising a spoiled, entitled generation that doesn't understand adversity, let alone how to deal with it. Everyone feels like they can be famous on YouTube or the evening news. Big Brother, Survivor, etc applaud the lowest common denominator. The person that is terrible on American Idol and then behaves like human filth gets the most camera time. Our 'now' society is encouraging this--and until we fix the fundamental problems we are going to see more of these nightmares brought to life.

This guy yesterday was punishing his mother it appears. There's so much there that when clinically discussed would offend the hell out of people that I won't go in to it, but had the community been what it would have been in 'traditional' America, I don't think this happens.

/thread.
    The following users like this post: Section31