School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

Posted 681 day(s) ago by bruthaman13628 Views 454 Replies
Results 301 to 350 of 455
Page 7 of 10 5 6 7 8 9
  1. #301
    Don't women have access to these evil guns? If so, why is it usually men who commit these mass murders? Unless...guns don't kill, highly unstable mentally ill people with a history of violence that is not receiving medical treatment do.

  2. #302

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    schools should have at least one retired special forces member on staff as teacher or principal....
    Oklahoma: We don't pay our teachers shit, and our student don't have up to date books, but we arm our teachers!
    The following users like this post: marfacowboy


  3. #303

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by sooner28 View Post
    Think about this..... The media refuses to show a drunk running across a football field because they are afraid it will cause others to do the same, but they are more than willing to plaster every picture of a mass murderer they can get their hands on all over the news. And then do complete biographies on these guys including exactly how they went about killing their victims. They know better, they just can't resist the ratings.
    It's almost like the love this kind of shit. Lots of dead people is good business for the media. Not only do these shootings increase their rating but then it gives time to air out their agendas.

    I haven't watch hardly any of this on TV and pick and choose what I read. These media ****s proved how ****ing horrible they all are by not being diligent in their job and just throwing out anything they heard. If somebody had told them ****ing aliens from Uranus came down and shot everybody, they would have reported it.
    Last edited by kssooner; December 18th, 2012 at 12:25 PM.

  4. #304
    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Oklahoma: We don't pay our teachers shit, and our student don't have up to date books, but we arm our teachers!
    yeah....and connecticut.....where they have the best science books money can buy....pay their teachers double....while their kids are slaughtered....
    u should move there

  5. #305
    Sancho's Avatar
    Posts
    5,000
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Land of milk and honey

    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Oklahoma: We don't pay our teachers shit, and our student don't have up to date books, but we arm our teachers!
    Go government!

  6. #306
    Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    Oklahoma: We don't pay our teachers shit, and our student don't have up to date books, but we arm our teachers!
    We're in the top 1/2 in pay v col in the US.

    And we take damn good care of our administration ....

  7. #307
    Aurora's Avatar
    Posts
    31,553
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    The Dark Side

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    We're in the top 1/2 in pay v col in the US.

    And we take damn good care of our administration ....
    I find most admin positions to be highly over paid for the actual work they do, some no, most yes!

    I think no matter where you live and what the teachers are doing there is always a chance ****ed up shit can happen, your kids can die in a bus accident, while you are driving them to school in your car, get hit by a car, attacked by a dog, accidentally shot in your home, and a multitude of other ways. This guy could be anywhere and could be anyone... He is going to get a gun if he wants it somehow and if not he may just decide to mow the kids down on the playground with a car, or blow himself and a few of them up with a bomb...
    =(

  8. #308
    Sancho's Avatar
    Posts
    5,000
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Land of milk and honey

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    We're in the top 1/2 in pay v col in the US.

    And we take damn good care of our administration ....
    We take too good of care of administration and there are too many of them. Tiny school districts with 6 figure superintendents.... there would be a LOT of consolidation if I had my way.

  9. #309
    Dexa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,237
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Moore

    Maybe the state should mandate a % cap on funding for positions. I do not deny administrators have important jobs to fill, but I don't think they are important at the expense of the teacher.

  10. #310
    Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    Maybe the state should mandate a % cap on funding for positions. I do not deny administrators have important jobs to fill, but I don't think they are important at the expense of the teacher.
    That's the root of the problem in OK right now though. Our teachers aren't paid that badly. We're dropping 50 mil a year though into supers. If we were to cut back to 1 per county, that's something like 25k for every school in the state.

  11. #311
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,594
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    I was curious about something. Why does a grade school have a psychologist?

  12. #312
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I was curious about something. Why does a grade school have a psychologist?
    good question.

  13. #313
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,581
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I was curious about something. Why does a grade school have a psychologist?
    maybe she was the district psychologist and just happened to be at that school, with the principal, when the crazy ****ass showed up.

  14. #314
    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    maybe she was the district psychologist and just happened to be at that school, with the principal, when the crazy ****ass showed up.

    If they were to ban assault rifles...would you change your handle?

  15. #315
    bushmaster06's Avatar
    Posts
    24,581
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    balls deep

    Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    If they were to ban assault rifles...would you change your handle?
    No, my screen name is a reference to my paintball days.

  16. #316
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,594
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    maybe she was the district psychologist and just happened to be at that school, with the principal, when the crazy ****ass showed up.
    They never really said one way or another. Who knows. With all the coddling that goes on inschools today she may very well have been assigned there.

  17. #317
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,392
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    What would a psychologist have to do with coddling?

  18. #318
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,594
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    What would a psychologist have to do with coddling?
    Why on earth would you need someone like that in a grade school? Did you ever have one in yours? I know I didn't. Coddling? Everything is an issue in schools anymore. Can't do this. Can't say that. Boys dressing as girls at seven. Low self esteem. No self esteem. It's amazing we made it.

  19. #319
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,392
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Why on earth would you need someone like that in a grade school? Did you ever have one in yours? I know I didn't. Coddling? Everything is an issue in schools anymore. Can't do this. Can't say that. Boys dressing as girls at seven. Low self esteem. No self esteem. It's amazing we made it.
    Because children generally spend more social time at a school than anywhere else, a psychologist can be very useful in a number of ways...primarily diagnosis.

    I doubt that they pay them to just sit around and coddle people.

    I believe that my elementary school counselor was a psychologist.

    The state sets plenty of rules, and they have nothing to do with coddling either...they have to do with reduction of civil liability. They don't care if Johnny feels good about himself, they care if Johnny's mom can sue hem for not paying enough attention to Johnny.

    Big difference.

  20. #320

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    One constant?

    1. Man
    2. Guns
    And violent movies

  21. #321
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,594
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Because children generally spend more social time at a school than anywhere else, a psychologist can be very useful in a number of ways...primarily diagnosis.

    I doubt that they pay them to just sit around and coddle people.

    I believe that my elementary school counselor was a psychologist.

    The state sets plenty of rules, and they have nothing to do with coddling either...they have to do with reduction of civil liability. They don't care if Johnny feels good about himself, they care if Johnny's mom can sue hem for not paying enough attention to Johnny.

    Big difference.
    Sorry but my experience in and with schools didn't involve disecting why Johnny won't eat his peas and worrying about Johnny's mommy suing because no one finds out. I remember when we went to school to learn.

  22. #322
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,392
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Sorry but my experience in and with schools didn't involve disecting why Johnny won't eat his peas and worrying about Johnny's mommy suing because no one finds out. I remember when we went to school to learn.
    I do too. Now they have to teach the kids we used to ship off to "special schools" with everybody else, because mommy thinks that singling out her awkward kid puts him at a disadvantage...there are kids in our modern classrooms that would have been in the special Ed rooms in our day...because of possible monetary damages being awarded...not because we "care" about teaching billy joe ham fist algebra when he can't do long division.
    The following users like this post: Section31


  23. #323
    Once again, **** Piers Morgan.


    He keeps comparing everything to Britain. He's clueless.
    The following users like this post: TenYards


  24. #324
    SoonerBounce Guest
    SoonerBounce's Avatar
    Posts
    n/a

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    So why are all these mass murders committed by males?

  25. #325

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    So why are all these mass murders committed by males?
    Men and women are different. Men are more likely to use a gun to kill themselves. When they do, they're more likely to shoot themselves in the head. Women take pills or shoot themselves in the chest.

  26. #326
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,392
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Men and women are different. Men are more likely to use a gun to kill themselves. When they do, they're more likely to shoot themselves in the head. Women take pills or shoot themselves in the chest.
    Women, in general, are just less likely to commit a homicide...especially one perpetrated upon strangers.

  27. #327

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    Once again, **** Piers Morgan.


    He keeps comparing everything to Britain. He's clueless.
    Funny, because Britain wants to forget about Him.

  28. #328

    School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    So why are all these mass murders committed by males?
    Testosterone.

  29. #329

    "Pussification" of the modern male.

    Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    So why are all these mass murders committed by males?
    It's the trend of the "pussification" of the modern male:
    Zero tolerance, overuse of medication, political correctness, and the everyone gets a trophy mentality.

    Its only going to get worse and these types of mass killings are going to get more frequent. Especially in the work place.
    Bullying should be addressed but learning how to deal with a bully is a part of life and a good life lesson that needs to be learned.
    Now we have a Zero tolerance on bullying, over medicate our kids, and tell them everything is fair and everyone wins.

    When they get into the real world and find out all of that was a load of BS and don't have the mental skill set to deal with a boss that's a tool they are going to snap and go crazy like this guy did in Connecticut. Add the attitude of entitlement that's on the rise in this country, It's just going to get worse.

  30. #330
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,392
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    It's the trend of the "pussification" of the modern male:
    Zero tolerance, overuse of medication, political correctness, and the everyone gets a trophy mentality.

    Its only going to get worse and these types of mass killings are going to get more frequent. Especially in the work place.
    Bullying should be addressed but learning how to deal with a bully is a part of life and a good life lesson that needs to be learned.
    Now we have a Zero tolerance on bullying, over medicate our kids, and tell them everything is fair and everyone wins.

    When they get into the real world and find out all of that was a load of BS and don't have the mental skill set to deal with a boss that's a tool they are going to snap and go crazy like this guy did in Connecticut. Add the attitude of entitlement that's on the rise in this country, It's just going to get worse.
    If males were getting pussified wouldn't this stuff happen less since women rarely engage in such acts?

  31. #331
    Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    So why are all these mass murders committed by males?
    I seem to remember several stories of women drowning/stabbing their kids, so women are just as capable of commiting these attrocities. Men just seem to be the ones that want to go out in such a public way. Not sure why that is.

  32. #332
    Sooner Bob's Avatar
    Posts
    6,076
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North of Waterloo Road

    Originally Posted by sooner28 View Post
    Think about this..... The media refuses to show a drunk running across a football field because they are afraid it will cause others to do the same, but they are more than willing to plaster every picture of a mass murderer they can get their hands on all over the news. And then do complete biographies on these guys including exactly how they went about killing their victims. They know better, they just can't resist the ratings.
    Exactly.

  33. #333
    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    If males were getting pussified wouldn't this stuff happen less since women rarely engage in such acts?
    No because men are more violent by nature, and when they are pussified their entire childhood and teen years they don't know how to deal with the real world. Especially if they've been on some kind of mood altering drug their whole life because their parents are to lazy to deal with their child.

  34. #334

  35. #335
    it used to be...

    "Paula, don't forget to put on your coat. The forecast is for colder weather and snow."

    Now....

    "Anastasia, don't forget to but on your body armor. The forecast is for riots and raining bullets."
    2 users like pphilfran's post: okie52, TenYards


  36. #336

    Re: School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    I wonder what the discussion would be if the shooter were a minority.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  37. #337
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,867
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    good question.
    Because a child's formative years are crucial? Because kids get bullied at that age? Because kids are learning how to be students and away from home for the first extended period of time? Because having a specialist on staff benefits the kids? Because child psychologists also know about how to help kids learn and to other stuff good too?

    They have PE teachers and speech pathologists on staff, too.

  38. #338
    OU48A's Avatar
    Posts
    13,633
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman

    Gun control by its self won’t do any good.

    When our movies, TV, Books and other forms of entertainment have continually bombard us with ever increasing decadences and ever lower standards of personal character it eventually becomes an acceptable way of life for some, numbing the hearts and minds of many, and in some cases motivation for crazy people to kill.

    The entertainment industry must be held responsible for a society they have helped create.

    Do your part and stop spending money on entertainment that doesn’t promote a family friendly atmosphere.
    4 users like OU48A's post: 87sooner, SoonerArtillery, Soonersmitty, TenYards


  39. #339
    OU48A's Avatar
    Posts
    13,633
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    schools should have at least one retired special forces member on staff as teacher or principal....
    There is a teacher at my wife’s south OKC School who is a former longtime MP who won several awards for his marksmanship. With approval and with appropriate precautions I would have no problem with people like him being given permission to carry a concealed weapon. But it has to be the right people doing it.
    It just a matter of time before a terrorist group attacks one of our schools killing hundreds…. They have done it before.

  40. #340
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,867
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by OU48A View Post
    Gun control by its self won’t do any good.

    When our movies, TV, Books and other forms of entertainment have continually bombard us with ever increasing decadences and ever lower standards of personal character it eventually becomes an acceptable way of life for some, numbing the hearts and minds of many, and in some cases motivation for crazy people to kill.

    The entertainment industry must be held responsible for a society they have helped create.

    Do your part and stop spending money on entertainment that doesn’t promote a family friendly atmosphere.
    I tend to agree that culture tends to influence these events. I wonder how much, though. It can't be THAT much, because we don't have chaos from every person that played Grand Theft Auto III.

  41. #341
    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    I tend to agree that culture tends to influence these events. I wonder how much, though. It can't be THAT much, because we don't have chaos from every person that played Grand Theft Auto III.
    I think it's the idea of 'everyone can be famous' more than the violence in our culture.

  42. #342
    TheMind____Gap's Avatar
    Posts
    214
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Woodstock Nation

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    why don't you just knuckle up and come on over and try to take my guns
    What is your address?
    The following users like this post: OUMallen


  43. #343
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,867
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    I think it's the idea of 'everyone can be famous' more than the violence in our culture.
    Plenty of these people are really mentally ill and then kill themselves. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just not sure that's not a dominant factor?

    Hell, like I know.

  44. #344
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,594
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Anyone see the former Marine standing guard at his kids' school?

    http://www.modbee.com/2012/12/19/250...-front-of.html
    The following users like this post: jdmt37


  45. #345
    OU48A's Avatar
    Posts
    13,633
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norman

    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    I tend to agree that culture tends to influence these events. I wonder how much, though. It can't be THAT much, because we don't have chaos from every person that played Grand Theft Auto III.
    When a culture pushes the idea that everybody should have their share of fame and fortune it creates the perception in the minds of deranged individuals that they are failures when they haven’t meet this expectation of society. As their internal frustrations mount they become increasingly desperate. Some choose a path that destroys the lives of others. They know the wall to wall media coverage of their violent act will mean fame for their name long after they are gone.

    If the mass killings did not receive near as much TV attention, I don’t believe we would see near as many of these incidents.
    In my view the mass coverage only encourages more of them.

    In my view, promoting good values is a responsibility that all of us share in. Obviously some of us are better equipped than others. Our entertainment industry is in a position and is well equipped to help shape the values that exist in many hearts and minds.
    With enough of our dollars we can help can help shape their products.
    The following users like this post: JDShellnutt


  46. #346
    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Anyone see the former Marine standing guard at his kids' school?

    http://www.modbee.com/2012/12/19/250...-front-of.html
    this is getting silly

  47. #347
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,220
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Re: School shooting in Connecticut!!!!!!!

    Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Anyone see the former Marine standing guard at his kids' school?

    http://www.modbee.com/2012/12/19/250...-front-of.html
    Well wanted to make the news and he succeeded.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  48. #348
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,594
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    He's sort of like a scarecrow. No weapon. He'd be taking the first shot. I could just hear the stuck pigs screaming if he was armed.

  49. #349
    .
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

    Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:06 AM.

  50. #350
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,594
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    Not sure that a school would need one full time, but a lot of kids get lost in the system early on. I am pretty much on top of things. I was able to get help for my daughter who has apraxia and a sensory perception disorder. Most people, including doctors, don't have a clue about such issues. Most parents don't seek help for their kids because they don't know what is going on. Those kids, instead of getting proper help, end up getting labeled dumb, or bad kids, etc.

    While the victims of this tragedy are the teachers and kids, having a child with issues, I can empathize with the mother and shooter. Obviously, not for the shooting, but for their needs and struggles. People can play monday morning quarterback with what the mother could have or should have done or not done, but dealing with a special needs child isn't easy.

    Most people jump to the conclusion that the shooter was a POS and the mom was a dumbass. While that may or may not be true, we may never know the struggles that lead to this happening and how it could have been prevented.
    I guess things have changed. When I was in school they pretty much put them all in the same classroom.

Similar Threads

  1. Colorado School Shooting
    By usaosooner in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: December 18th, 2013, 07:12 AM
  2. Connecticut School Shooting
    By willie in forum O'Connell's
    Replies: 560
    Last Post: January 7th, 2013, 11:15 AM
  3. Replies: 124
    Last Post: December 18th, 2012, 07:53 PM