'13 Juco DT Quincy Russell Verbal #16 EE

Posted 786 day(s) ago 19754 Views 138 Replies
Results 1 to 50 of 139
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
  1. #1
    Shooter's Avatar
    Posts
    7,445
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Closer to the action than you are.

    Recruitment '13 Juco DT Quincy Russell Verbal #16 EE

    Former ut commit might come to Norman.

    http://oklahoma.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1389181

  2. #2
    He wants to be an engineer and OU has an excellent program. But that subject requires intelligence and hard work, so that's a good sign he has his academics together now. I also like that he's a December grad and has 3 years to play 2.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner


  3. #3
    I like the fact that he's a DT and we have a shot lol. Seems like forever since we landed a DT

  4. #4
    XxSuBLiMexX's Avatar
    Posts
    4,624
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Steppin' Razors

    Would be nice to rub this in the face of UT fans if he comes here and turns out to be a stud!

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by qaz View Post
    I like the fact that he's a DT and we have a shot lol. Seems like forever since we landed a DT
    The first part goes w/o saying. Last year we didn't have one, but the year before Jackie got the two Jordans and Marquis Anderson.

    In the spring game, Phillips played 1st team and Wade and Anderson were 2nd team, ahead of Peterson and Williams. Granted 2 of the 3 seniors didn't play, but we have some good talent there. Casey Walker's staying healthy would help a lot.
    The following users like this post: DirtySouth_Sooner


  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Sooner 76 View Post
    The first part goes w/o saying. Last year we didn't have one, but the year before Jackie got the two Jordans and Marquis Anderson.

    In the spring game, Phillips played 1st team and Wade and Anderson were 2nd team, ahead of Peterson and Williams. Granted 2 of the 3 seniors didn't play, but we have some good talent there. Casey Walker's staying healthy would help a lot.
    Yeah we got a good group the year before. Not taking one last year and then with the Manning recruiting just seems like its dragging...just ready for some football. One more week and it should pick up with fall practice

  7. #7
    It would certainly be nice to have him commit to OU.

  8. #8
    I'd love to have him. I don't think we really have an impact DT. The door is wide open for him to come in and play immediately, IMO.

  9. #9
    We could totally use that bulk inside. Nice how he had trouble making grades to go to UT and if i read that right wants to get into an engineering program at next school. Kudos bro ... Make it happen.

  10. #10
    Get him, Coach Shipp.

  11. #11
    http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal.../player-136162



    6'3 311 Offers Nebraska, TCU,Oklahoma State, Tech
    Juco 3 Star

    HS Highlights



    Us and the above four seem to be the favorite to get visits (hasnt set any up yet). Signed with Texas out of HS but failed to qualify.

  12. #12
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,110
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    "Russell has yet to set any official visits, but he has considerable interest in Big 12 schools Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and TCU. Nebraska also is high on his list. "

    Based on the other articles I've read on Quincy, I feel like we're the team to beat. If we can pull him, Manning, and Johnson, I'd be one happy-ass camper!

  13. #13
    You're not kidding. At this point, I don't really understand the hold up with Justin Manning. I really wish he'd either commit or move on, but it is what it is. But if we could snag Manning, Russell, and Johnson, I'd feel a hell of a lot better about our incoming class.

  14. #14
    Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Posts
    1,035
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    I hope he uses his hands, now, to fend off blockers than he showed in the video.

  15. #15
    Russell is still pretty raw from folks who have seen him at juco.
    Makes a big play, then disappears for a long time.

  16. #16
    Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    You're not kidding. At this point, I don't really understand the hold up with Justin Manning. I really wish he'd either commit or move on, but it is what it is. But if we could snag Manning, Russell, and Johnson, I'd feel a hell of a lot better about our incoming class.
    Manning wants to announce during his homecoming game (nov 5) unless something has changed in the last month

  17. #17
    Visiting for Bedlam
    2 users like usaosooner's post: CNCSOONER, jmizzy4ou


  18. #18
    lol i like that he lines up at fullback also. Im not sure what they would call it if he was in the backfield with the belldozer package. He looked pretty agile for his size in the high school footage. I'am sure he has come along way since that was taped

  19. #19

    DT Quincy Russell

    Any new news on him? In flashes he looks like a stud. Imo also, Senat is goin to be special. It'd be nice to land both of them.

  20. #20
    Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Posts
    1,035
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Na gonna happin'
    The following users like this post: Soonerrecruiter


  21. #21
    Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Na gonna happin'
    Not gonna happin on both or are you just talking about Russell? At least we still have a chance on Bain,Johnson and Bradley. Keeping my fingers crossed that OU lands at least 4

  22. #22
    Mr. Pink's Avatar
    Posts
    1,035
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Orlando, FL

    Originally Posted by soonerUthenMe View Post
    Not gonna happin on both or are you just talking about Russell? At least we still have a chance on Bain,Johnson and Bradley. Keeping my fingers crossed that OU lands at least 4
    Johnson, no. OU doesn't want Bradley. Bain, yes.

  23. #23
    So, is Quincy the only juco we have a shot at getting? If we don't want Bradley and Johnson is likely headed to Georgia, who's left of the juco DTs?

  24. #24
    espn says its down to us and neb:

    The highly touted junior college defensive tackle on Sunday said he ultimately will choose between Nebraska and Oklahoma. When the 6-foot-4, 308-pound defensive tackle will announce, however, is still a mystery.


    he's suppose to be a mid year transfer so announcement should be coming soon ... damn we need this guy.

  25. #25
    I would love for him to choose OU, but I just have a feeling were going to come up short again.

  26. #26
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,110
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    he's suppose to be a mid year transfer so announcement should be coming soon ... damn we need this guy.
    The first day he can sign would be Wednesday. That said, he sounded pretty torn b/t us and Nebraska and may not be ready to announce by Wednesday. Reading it, I would say 55/45 Nebraska. He sounded more excited about Nebraska's atmosphere, but he absolutely could not deny OU's championship tradition. I guess it will come down to what he wants most.

  27. #27
    El Jefe's Avatar
    Posts
    3,691
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Dallas, Homie

    Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    The first day he can sign would be Wednesday. That said, he sounded pretty torn b/t us and Nebraska and may not be ready to announce by Wednesday. Reading it, I would say 55/45 Nebraska. He sounded more excited about Nebraska's atmosphere, but he absolutely could not deny OU's championship tradition. I guess it will come down to what he wants most.
    He was there for Bedlam, I think. That game was pretty electric too.

  28. #28
    He is announcing tomorrow as of tonight between us and corn

  29. #29
    Not a great feeling about this one.
    Would be huge considering what we've already missed out on.

  30. #30
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,110
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    What time is he announcing?

  31. #31
    Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    What time is he announcing?
    I read on twitter last night that he won't be announcing until feb

  32. #32
    melbitoast's Avatar
    Posts
    5,110
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Just north of Hell

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    He is announcing tomorrow as of tonight between us and corn
    Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    I read on twitter last night that he won't be announcing until feb
    Okay, which one of you is correct?

  33. #33
    El Jefe's Avatar
    Posts
    3,691
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Dallas, Homie

    Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    I read on twitter last night that he won't be announcing until feb
    I read this too, but now I can't find it.

  34. #34
    Toby Johnson @Future020113SEC
    Just to let everyone know i won't be committing tomorrow i will be commit in Feb.

    It was toby johnson. Sorry Melbitoast

  35. #35
    El Jefe's Avatar
    Posts
    3,691
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Dallas, Homie

    Quincy Russell to OU!!!
    4 users like El Jefe's post: drspencer, jmizzy4ou, Julz, SoonerMinister


  36. #36
    Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
    Quincy Russell to OU!!!
    Where is this?

  37. #37
    El Jefe's Avatar
    Posts
    3,691
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Dallas, Homie

    Originally Posted by oudidntknow84 View Post
    Where is this?
    Twitter. ESPN. Rivals. My brain.
    2 users like El Jefe's post: ab5sr, oudidntknow84


  38. #38
    SoonerDan74012's Avatar
    Posts
    8,112
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

    New Commit '13 Juco DT Quincy Russell



    Damon Sayles ‏@DamonSayles Huge news for #Sooners fans: #Juco stud DT Quincy Russell has verbally committed to #OU. No. 51 in ESPN JC 100: http://es.pn/RE6QdO

  39. #39

  40. #40
    El Jefe's Avatar
    Posts
    3,691
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    East Dallas, Homie

    @BPrzybylo: Russell confirms he has NOT signed his LOI with #Sooners but will soon

  41. #41
    BoulderSooner's Avatar
    Posts
    2,005
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    and he should be signed today

  42. #42
    Well he seems to be a replacement for what is gradating, but a three star. Not one to have been a difference maker. However, he could develop further. Now we need two more DTs.
    The following users like this post: VRO405


  43. #43

    '13 Juco DT Quincy Russell - Offer

    Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Na gonna happin'
    Fo rear?

  44. #44

    '13 Juco DT Quincy Russell - Offer

    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou


  45. #45
    That's awesome! We really needed him

  46. #46
    look who's excited
    Jordan Phillips_BTP ‏@bigj8080
    Yeah we got a another DT!!! I'm to live right now!
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou


  47. #47
    Originally Posted by SoonerDick View Post
    Well he seems to be a replacement for what is gradating, but a three star. Not one to have been a difference maker. However, he could develop further. Now we need two more DTs.
    I always take juco stars with a grain of salt. He was a 5 star guy out of HS, but again take that with a grain of salt. Just the fact that OU has a DT commit is big right now.
    3 users like drspencer's post: eyeballjr, jmizzy4ou, lobster999


  48. #48
    oorah_okie's Avatar
    Posts
    22,080
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Westeros

    '13 Juco DT Quincy Russell - Offer

    Flipped from Texas. Like a boss!
    The following users like this post: jmizzy4ou


  49. #49

    New Commit '13 Juco DT Quincy Russell

    Can he play receiver?
    4 users like Sooner209's post: BleeOU1, OUCarlton, SoonerMinister, tennsooner


  50. #50
    Hallelujah. We need 3 more.

Similar Threads

  1. Quincy Russell news
    By Vodnik in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: September 8th, 2014, 08:55 PM
  2. Quincy Russell...does exist!
    By BKSOONERS in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 1290
    Last Post: November 2nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
  3. Quincy Russell
    By max fischer in forum Owen Field
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: October 13th, 2013, 02:39 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 12th, 2013, 02:00 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 19th, 2012, 09:00 PM

Tags for this Thread