For you Dallas Cowboy fans....

Posted 686 day(s) ago 1033 Views 19 Replies

Cowboys For you Dallas Cowboy fans....

the NFL network will be airing Superbowl XXX Dallas v. Pittsburg tomorrow, Sat. 12/15 at 1 pm.

I was at that game.

And on behalf of Cowboys fans everywhere, I still can't thank Neil O'Donnell enough.
    The following users like this post: morrisja20

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    I was at that game.

And on behalf of Cowboys fans everywhere, I still can't thank Neil O'Donnell enough.
    I was there too. Not at all a cowboys' fan(Went with Dallas fans. The ride home sucked) but it was nice to see Barry win one. Diana Ross and the helicopter was cool.

And Larry Brown.

I was probably getting stoned a lot in those days, but I didn't remember this...anyone else?

Tempe was originally chosen as the venue for Super Bowl XXVII. However, the NFL pulled the game away from Arizona after the league joined a massive, nationwide tourist boycott by various groups to protest the state’s refusal to recognize Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. After Arizona finally adopted the federal holiday in 1992, the NFL again began to consider Tempe. NFL owners voted to award Super Bowl XXX to Tempe, Arizona during their March 23, 1993 meeting.[2]

I was at that game.

I wasn't there but I remember it well. 2 int's that cost Pittsburg the game and I loved it. I remember Superbowl 27 and 28 like it was yesterday.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    And Larry Brown.

I was probably getting stoned a lot in those days, but I didn't remember this...anyone else?
    The reason was it kept getting voted down, legislature finally pushed it through after they lost the future SB. A lot of people were pissed about them ramming it through without a public vote.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    And Larry Brown.

I don't remember that either. Of course, I was pretty young then.

All I know is that stadium was an awful place for a Super Bowl. All bench seating. No seatbacks. Had to walk up a gigantic hill to get to the stadium. It was surprising that they'd have it there.

And yes, Larry Brown came up huge. And then promptly lost his job. But he's still living off that game in Dallas.
    I also remember Michael Irvin getting screwed out of a TD in the first quarter.
    But I'm really glad the refs were able to get a call right later in the game on a "muffed" punt before instant replay. One of the Cowboys was blocked into the ball and Pittsburgh fell on it.

All I know is that stadium was an awful place for a Super Bowl. All bench seating. No seatbacks. Had to walk up a gigantic hill to get to the stadium. It was surprising that they'd have it there.

And yes, Larry Brown came up huge. And then promptly lost his job. But he's still living off that game in Dallas.
    But I'm really glad the refs were able to get a call right later in the game on a "muffed" punt before instant replay. One of the Cowboys was blocked into the ball and Pittsburgh fell on it.
    I love Sun Devil, great place to watch a game.

I've gone to a few games at Rice, and am amazed that a Superbowl was there.

I still think Troy Aikman was/is one of the best QB's to play the game. Man I miss that whole team. Aikman, Novachek, Johnston, Norton Jr., Hailey, Bates. Truly a team of destiny. Would have won four Superbowls in a row if Johnson hadn't left.

Originally Posted by SoonerPT View Post
    The reason was it kept getting voted down, legislature finally pushed it through after they lost the future SB. A lot of people were pissed about them ramming it through without a public vote.
    I was living in AZ when all that was going on. The problem was the wording of the question when it was voted on.

A) Yes for MLK day to replace Columbus Day
    B) Yes for MLK day to be added as in not replace Columbus Day
    C) NO MLK day.
    See the problem?

I remember the parties afterwards. Sadly, everyone knew that was going to be the last one for awhile. But like OU in 2000, didn't think there would be no more championships for so many years. I'm starting to wonder when OU or 'Boys will get another one. Definitely have more confidence in OU.

Originally Posted by Soonerlife View Post
    I was living in AZ when all that was going on. The problem was the wording of the question when it was voted on.

A) Yes for MLK day to replace Columbus Day
    B) Yes for MLK day to be added as in not replace Columbus Day
    C) NO MLK day.
    See the problem?
    So was I and people were not happy about it. It failed to pass multiple times.

Originally Posted by OKIRISHFAN View Post
    I still think Troy Aikman was/is one of the best QB's to play the game. Man I miss that whole team. Aikman, Novachek, Johnston, Norton Jr., Hailey, Bates. Truly a team of destiny. Would have won four Superbowls in a row if Johnson hadn't left.
    You never know. No gimme that he wins two more in a row. If Dallas doesn't give up that TD pass right before the half they might have beat SF.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    You never know. No gimme that he wins two more in a row. If Dallas doesn't give up that TD pass right before the half they might have beat SF.
    Yea, we never know. That was a horrible NFC game for the cowboys. If i remember correctly it started of really bad with Irvin fumbling a long completion and Merton Hanks running it back for a TD. I just remember it was an uncharacteristic game for the cowboys with turnovers.

Originally Posted by OKIRISHFAN View Post
    Yea, we never know. That was a horrible NFC game for the cowboys. If i remember correctly it started of really bad with Irvin fumbling a long completion and Merton Hanks running it back for a TD. I just remember it was an uncharacteristic game for the cowboys with turnovers.
    The game was 21-0 instantly I believe.

As a Redskin fan this is the only time I found myself cheering for the Cowboys. Of course I had to take a three hour shower afterward as I felt cheap and dirty.

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    As a Redskin fan this is the only time I found myself cheering for the Cowboys. Of course I had to take a three hour shower afterward as I felt cheap and dirty.
    Same way I'm going feel after the Cotton Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Larry Brown did not promptly lose his job. He signed a big FA deal w the Raiders following the Super Bowl

Originally Posted by Drake View Post
    Larry Brown did not promptly lose his job. He signed a big FA deal w the Raiders following the Super Bowl
    Ahh, you're right. For some reason I was thinking that was the following season. I'll just say he WOULD have lost his job had he stayed, haha.