Gun Laws

Posted 733 day(s) ago by Boognish72566 Views 3130 Replies
Page 15 of 63 5 13 14 15 16 17 25

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    You said "these types of knives are illegal to carry" right below your description of the Kershaw in your quoted text.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    That's how I took it also.

Gun Laws

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    You said "these types of knives are illegal to carry" right below your description of the Kershaw in your quoted text.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Well I miss typed it. My fault for the confusion. I meant to say legal. My BIL and I had the convo because he was carrying an illegal knife (like the 2nd pic) and the knife I bought him (like the first) was legal to carry.
    2 users like Coach's post: Fahooglegods, kingswitz

This is the Ken Onion I always carry. I've owned $200 Benchmades, several Gerbers and SOG's and for about $50 this is better than all of them.

Feinstein is a ¢unt pickle.
    I hope she falls off her high horse into a pile of spotted owl $hit.
    2 users like JDShellnutt's post: 87sooner, Sooner5030

Last edited by JDShellnutt; December 28th, 2012 at 11:46 AM.

Originally Posted by kingswitz View Post

This is the Ken Onion I always carry. I've owned $200 Benchmades, several Gerbers and SOG's and for about $50 this is better than all of them.
    That's what I carry as well. Great knife.
    The following users like this post: kingswitz

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post

Read the ****ing thread.

Oooooooooooooooooooo! I'm telling..............someone.

Originally Posted by SoonerWalkon View Post
    Oooooooooooooooooooo! I'm telling..............someone.
    Don't bother telling my mom - she's too busy waiting at your house for you to come home and give her the good stuff.

...wait...I think I'm doing this internet thing wrong....
    5 users like OUMallen's post: DHF, oucub23, pbc2003, Teo9969, ThievingMagpie

Long discussion for something that is never going to happen...funny thing is the NRA has a lightly better approval rating than Obama...

Gun Laws

Originally Posted by soonercoop1 View Post
    Long discussion for something that is never going to happen...funny thing is the NRA has a lightly better approval rating than Obama...
    If it meant so much to Obama why didn't he push gun control when the Dems had control of the house and senate? This fact alone is why nothing of substance will ever happen.

I carry my dad's Winchester everywhere I go. It always came in handy while riding the bus at all hours in Vegas. Dunno about the legality.

Originally Posted by VUGear View Post
    What entertainment do they censor in the EU?
    Video games, movies, documentaries, newspapers. The Germans are probably the worst, anything that has to do with ****s if verboten.

Originally Posted by Big Red One View Post
    Video games, movies, documentaries, newspapers. The Germans are probably the worst, anything that has to do with ****s if verboten.
    Right, we know about the **** stuff, but otherwise what content is censored?

Don't bother telling my mom - she's too busy waiting at your house for you to come home and give her the good stuff.
    Well, if she's good looking........................................... .............................................ok ready!

NO Ma'am

Senator Dianne Feinstein,

I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy armed protection yet decry me having the same a crime. You ma'am have overstepped a line that is not your domain. I am a Marine Corps Veteran of 8 years, and I will not have some woman who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries one, tell me I may not have one.

I am not your subject. I am the man who keeps you free. I am not your servant. I am the person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
    I am the man who fought for my country. I am the man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my semi-automatic AR-15 because of the actions of some evil man.

I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.

We, the people, deserve better than you.

Respectfully Submitted,
    Joshua Boston
    Cpl, United States Marine Corps
    2004-2012

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-902515
    7 users like SoonerArtillery's post: Bk2X, Coach, Fahooglegods, jdmt37, Sooner Bob, Sooner5030, soonercoop1

Socialize the Marine Corps! Let's put them under government control and force their members and veterans to obey the laws of the land---even gun control! ****ing rebellious douchebags!

Originally Posted by VUGear View Post
    Right, we know about the **** stuff, but otherwise what content is censored?
    Here is some, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...United_Kingdom

Here is Italy: One of most important cases of censorship in Italy was the banning of one episode of TV show Le Iene showing use of cocaine in the Italian Parliament[2] As with all the other media of Italy, the Italian television industry is widely considered both inside and outside the country to be overtly politicized.[3] According to a December 2008 poll, only 24% of Italians trust television news programmes, compared unfavourably to the British rate of 38%, making Italy one of only three examined countries where online sources are considered more reliable than television ones for information.[4][5]
    Italy put an embargo on foreign bookmakers over the Internet (in violation of EU market rules) by mandating certain edits to DNS host files of Italian ISPs.[6] Italy is also blocking access to websites containing child ****ography.[7]
    Advertisements promoting Videocracy, a Swedish documentary examining the influence of television on Italian culture over the last 30 years, was refused airing purportedly because it says the spots are an offense to Premier Silvio Berlusconi.[8]
    Movies or anime and cartoons are often modified or cut on national television networks such as Mediaset or RAI.[9] An example of this occurred on October 8, 2009, when Brokeback Mountain was aired on Rai 2 during prime time. Several scenes featuring mildly sexual (or even just romantic) behavior of the two protagonists were cut. This act was severely criticized by Italian LGBT activism organizations and by the audience itself.
    [edit]The "Report" case
    In 2009 the board of state television RAI cut funds for legal assistance to the investigative journalism TV program Report (aired by Rai 3, a state-owned channel). The program had tackled sensitive issues in the past that exposed the journalists to legal action (for example the authorization of buildings that did not meet earthquake-resistance specifications, cases of overwhelming bureaucracy, the slow process of justice, prostitution, health care scandals, bankrupt bankers secretly owning multimillion-dollar paintings, waste mismanagement involving dioxine toxic waste, cancers caused by asbestos anti-fire shieldings (Eternit) and environmental pollution caused by a coal power station near the city of Taranto). An accumulation of lawsuits against the journalists in the absence of the funds to handle them could bring the program to an end.[10]
    [edit]"Freedom of the Press" report
    See also: Freedom of the Press (report)

Synthesis of Freedom House annual data related to Italy about the freedom of press reports from 1980 to 2008.
    Before 2004, in the "Freedom of the Press" report, published by the American organization Freedom House, Italy had always been classified as "Free" (regarding the freedom of press). In the year 2004 it was demoted to "Partly Free", due to 20 years of failed political administration, the controversial Gasparri's Law of 2003 and above all the possibility for prime minister to influence the RAI (Italian state-owned Radio-Television), a conflict of interests among the most blatant in the World.
    Italy's status was upgraded as free in 2007 and 2008 under the Prodi II Cabinet, to come back as party free since 2009 with the Berlusconi IV Cabinet. Freedom House noted that Italy constitutes "a regional outlier" and particularly quoted the "increased government attempts to interfere with editorial policy at state-run broadcast outlets, particularly regarding coverage of scandals surrounding prime minister Silvio Berlusconi."[11] In their 2011 report, Freedom House continued to list Italy as partly free and ranked the country 24th out of 25 in the Western European region, ahead of Turkey.[12]
    On October 4, 2011, following a decision adopted by the community, the contents of the Italian version of Wikipedia were hidden and the website was blocked by its administrators, as a protest against paragraph 29 of the "DDL intercettazioni" (Wiretapping Bill).[41] The proposed bill would empower anyone who believes themselves to have been offended by the content of a web site to enforce publication of a reply, uneditable and uncommented, on the same web site, within 48 hours and without any prior evaluation of the claim by a judge or to face a €12,000 fine. Some see it as an attempt by government to censor bloggers.[42]
    On October 4, 5, and 6th all pages on the Italian version of Wikipedia redirected to a statement opposing the proposed legislation. The statement is available in a number of languages, wikilinked above 'Cara lettrice, caro lettore'. On October 7 the Italian Wikipedia pages were again available, but a notice about the proposed legislation was still displayed at the top of pages.

Germany- All forms of movie ratings (also for computer games but not for books) motivated by youth protection.
    Media that is assumed to be very harmful to youth is indexed by the Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien (Federal Department for Media Harmful to Young Persons). These publications are restricted in marketing but not de jure censored in general. Indexing can grant publicity but is often tried to prevent. The reduced violence in some German versions of movies and games that carry a USK rating have in fact not been censored, but the companies releasing them have decided themselves to remove certain content in order to make the media available to a wider audience.
    Publications violating laws (that restrict freedom of speech in general) can be censored; their authors can be penalised. Such restrictions are Volksverhetzung, slander and libel (which are in Germany Beleidigung, Verleumdung and Üble Nachrede). Especially Üble Nachrede (defamatory statement) scarcely causes censorship. Üble Nachrede (Defamatory statement) means violating personal rights by spreading gossip/news which are neither evidentially true or false.
    Membership in a **** party, incitement of hatred against a segment of the population (Volksverhetzung) and Holocaust denial, are illegal in Germany. Publishing, television, public correspondence (including lectures), and music are censored accordingly, with legal consequences that may include jail time.

I am sure there are more, but I don't have the time now.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 10:37 PM.

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    I was really kind of surprised at the number of proposed bills on guns that are out there. One includes essentially a moving gun free zone. It prohibits knowingly carrying a gun within either 1000ft or yards(not sure which) of a building with a member of congress in it. Basically, if you live next to a congressman, you can't take your gun to your car in your driveway.
    That is retarded.

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    I was really kind of surprised at the number of proposed bills on guns that are out there. One includes essentially a moving gun free zone. It prohibits knowingly carrying a gun within either 1000ft or yards(not sure which) of a building with a member of congress in it. Basically, if you live next to a congressman, you can't take your gun to your car in your driveway.
    Peter King - Republican - last year...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47428.html

By SHIRA TOEPLITZ | 1/11/11 12:32 PM EST
    Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.), one of the few pro-gun control Republicans in the House, wants to make it illegal for someone to knowingly carry a gun within 1,000 feet of certain high-ranking federal officials, including members of Congress.

In addition to giving him and his colleagues protection, King told POLITICO that his purpose is also to protect constituents who want to meet with public officials and might be hesitant to do so in wake of the shootings in Arizona.

“It would give law enforcement the weapon they need to protect federal officials, and just as importantly, it would provide a large measure of security for those who want to meet with their federal elected officials,” said King, who is chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.

It’s unclear whether King’s legislation will see the light of day in the Republican-controlled House. But four days after a gunman killed six people and critically wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson, Ariz., King is among a handful of gun control advocates still trying to spark a discussion in Congress on limiting access to firearms.

Obama is kinda making me angry. He said he would protect and defend the COTUS yet he's proposing restrictions on the second amendment? What the ****? Let Congress comment on it, not you.

Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    Obama is kinda making me angry. He said he would protect and defend the COTUS yet he's proposing restrictions on the second amendment? What the ****? Let Congress comment on it, not you.
    Bend over ****.....you voted for him.
    4 users like tcrb's post: eyeballjr, Irish_Sooner, jdmt37, OUEverest

Never happens in the house as Obama needs to get it straight as the 2nd amendment is to allow citizens to bear arms to defend themselves against an oppressive government...nothing to do with hunting...
    The following users like this post: 87sooner

My wife teaches elementary kids and she wants to get her concealed carry now. Any chance Oklahoma will pass legislation allowing teachers to concealed carry while at school?

Originally Posted by pbc2003 View Post
    My wife teaches elementary kids and she wants to get her concealed carry now. Any chance Oklahoma will pass legislation allowing teachers to concealed carry while at school?
    I guess there is always a chance . . . I can't imagine my wife (also teaches elementary) wanting to do that though.

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    I guess there is always a chance . . . I can't imagine my wife (also teaches elementary) wanting to do that though.
    My wife is stuck in kinda of an out building by herself. Other than keeping the door locked there is really nothing or no one to protect her class.

Originally Posted by pbc2003 View Post
    My wife is stuck in kinda of an out building by herself. Other than keeping the door locked there is really nothing or no one to protect her class.
    If that was the case with my wife then I can see where she might consider it. Those out building classrooms can be vulnerable.

Gun Laws

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Peter King - Republican - last year...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0111/47428.html

By SHIRA TOEPLITZ | 1/11/11 12:32 PM EST
    Rep. Peter King (R-N.Y.), one of the few pro-gun control Republicans in the House, wants to make it illegal for someone to knowingly carry a gun within 1,000 feet of certain high-ranking federal officials, including members of Congress.

In addition to giving him and his colleagues protection, King told POLITICO that his purpose is also to protect constituents who want to meet with public officials and might be hesitant to do so in wake of the shootings in Arizona.

“It would give law enforcement the weapon they need to protect federal officials, and just as importantly, it would provide a large measure of security for those who want to meet with their federal elected officials,” said King, who is chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee.

It’s unclear whether King’s legislation will see the light of day in the Republican-controlled House. But four days after a gunman killed six people and critically wounded Rep. Gabrielle Giffords in Tucson, Ariz., King is among a handful of gun control advocates still trying to spark a discussion in Congress on limiting access to firearms.

So a man wants to shoot a politician but a law is passed that keeps them from carrying a gun within a 1000 feet of said politician therefore said gunman backs off. Is this how Mr King thinks this is going to work?
    3 users like Coach's post: Bk2X, JDShellnutt, pphilfran

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    So a man wants to shoot a politician but a law is passed that keeps them from carrying a gun within a 1000 feet of said politician therefore said gunman backs off. Is this how Mr King thinks this is going to work?
    Well, it'd be against the law, so surely nobody would do it.
    The following users like this post: Sooner Bob

Gun Laws

Originally Posted by ImTheDude View Post
    Well, it'd be against the law, so surely nobody would do it.
    Especially if they had intentions of committing murder.

it won't surprise me if some of these idiot politicians try to pass a law that gives them all secret service protection...

Re: Gun Laws

Ah, the joys of private sellers: no taxes and no paperwork.

For all of you that don't know the difference.
    Last edited by JDShellnutt; January 4th, 2013 at 09:52 AM.

FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year Than Rifles

According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.

This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.

However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.

And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.

For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

While the FBI makes is clear that some of the "murder by rifle" numbers could be adjusted up slightly, when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects than are taken with Feinstein's dreaded rifle.

Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    FBI: More People Killed with Hammers, Clubs Each Year Than Rifles

According to the FBI annual crime statistics, the number of murders committed annually with hammers and clubs far outnumbers the number of murders committed with a rifle.

This is an interesting fact, particularly amid the Democrats' feverish push to ban many different rifles, ostensibly to keep us safe of course.

However, it appears the zeal of Sens. like Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Joe Manchin (D-WV) is misdirected. For in looking at the FBI numbers from 2005 to 2011, the number of murders by hammers and clubs consistently exceeds the number of murders committed with a rifle.

Think about it: In 2005, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 445, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 605. In 2006, the number of murders committed with a rifle was 438, while the number of murders committed with hammers and clubs was 618.

And so the list goes, with the actual numbers changing somewhat from year to year, yet the fact that more people are killed with blunt objects each year remains constant.

For example, in 2011, there was 323 murders committed with a rifle but 496 murders committed with hammers and clubs.

While the FBI makes is clear that some of the "murder by rifle" numbers could be adjusted up slightly, when you take into account murders with non-categorized types of guns, it does not change the fact that their annual reports consistently show more lives are taken each year with these blunt objects than are taken with Feinstein's dreaded rifle.

Another interesting fact: According to the FBI, nearly twice as many people are killed by hands and fists each year than are killed by murderers who use rifles.
    How many mass-hammerings have there been since, say, 1990?

/troll

/troll

Hammers? Pffft, I'd be more worried about a crazy construction worker with a nail gun than a hammer . . .
    The following users like this post: OUMallen

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    Hammers? Pffft, I'd be more worried about a crazy construction worker with a nail gun than a hammer . . .
    Pistol grip. Semi-automatic.

With the original nail gun the operator used it while standing and could nail 40-60 nails a minute and had a capacity of 400-600 nails
    BAN THEM!
    The following users like this post: Sooner Bob

/troll
    is there something about a "mass" killing that makes it special?

Pistol grip. Semi-automatic.

BAN THEM!
    It is not the nail gun that is at fault...it is the compressor....

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    Uh. Yes.

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    Uh. Yes.
    If someone wants to commit mass murder they will get it done one way or another.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

/troll
    You still end up just as dead.

And even with mass killings, hammers and clubs still kill more people each year than rifles. Which means you're more likely to be killed with a hammer than a scary looking rifle. But that doesn't fit the gun control agenda very well.
    The following users like this post: JDShellnutt

SIAP

The following users like this post: JDShellnutt

Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    If someone wants to commit mass murder they will get it done one way or another.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster
    Perhaps, but let's not be dense and pretend that going and buying an AR at Dick's with some extra magazines is somehow the same level of difficulty as rigging up a bomb or burning down a building.

Obstinacy in the face of reasonable facts doesn't make you smart or better defend your position. It just makes you look dumb.

Glenn Beck had on Lt. Col. Dave Grossman discussing the impact of violent video games on kids. There are two videos at link that are worth the time to watch regardless of your opinions of Beck.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/glen...t-video-games/

Bio of the Lt. Col.

LT. COL. DAVE GROSSMAN, U.S. Army (Ret.) Director, Warrior Science Group, www.killology.com: Member, American Board for Certification in Homeland Security; Member, American College of Forensic Examiners Institute Lt. Col. Dave Grossman is an internationally recognized scholar, author, soldier, and speaker who is one of the world's foremost experts in the field of human aggression and the roots of violence and violent crime.

Col. Grossman is a former West Point psychology professor, Professor of Military Science, and an Army Ranger who has combined his experiences to become the founder of a new field of scientific endeavor, which has been termed “killology.” In this new field Col. Grossman has made revolutionary new contributions to our understanding of killing in war, the psychological costs of war, the root causes of the current "virus" of violent crime that is raging around the world, and the process of healing the victims of violence, in war and peace.

He is the author of On Killing, which was nominated for a Pulitzer Prize; has been translated into Japanese, Korean, and German; is on the U.S. Marine Corps Commandant's required reading list; and is required reading at the FBI academy and numerous other academies and colleges. Col. Grossman co-authored Stop Teaching Our Kids to Kill: A Call to Action Against TV, Movie and Video Game Violence, which has been translated into Norwegian and German, and has received international acclaim. Col. Grossman's most recent book, On Combat, has also placed on the U.S. Marine Corps Commandant's Required Reading List and has been translated into Japanese and Korean.

Col. Grossman has been called upon to write the entry on “Aggression and Violence” in the Oxford Companion to American Military History, three entries in the Academic Press Encyclopedia of Violence and numerous entries in scholarly journals, to include the Harvard Journal of Law and Public Policy.

He has presented papers before the national conventions of the American Medical Association, the American Psychiatric Association, the American Psychological Association, and the American Academy of Pediatrics.

[IMG]file:///Z%7C/Eagan%20Manufacturing/NEWSITE%202008/html/images/spacer.gif[/IMG] He has presented to over 100 different colleges and universities worldwide, and has trained educators and law enforcement professionals, in the field of school safety, at the state and regional level, in all 50 states and over a dozen foreign nations.
    He helped train mental health professionals after the Jonesboro school shootings, and he was also involved in counseling or court cases in the aftermath of the Paducah, Springfield, Littleton, Virginia Tech, and Nickel Mines Amish school shootings.

He has been an expert witness and consultant in state and Federal courts, to include serving on the prosecution team in UNITED STATES vs. TIMOTHY MCVEIGH.

He has testified before U.S. Senate and Congressional committees and numerous state legislatures, and he and his research have been cited in a national address by the President of the United States.
    Col. Grossman is an Airborne Ranger infantry officer, and a prior-service sergeant and paratrooper, with a total of over 23 years experience in leading U.S. soldiers worldwide. He retired from the Army in February 1998 and has devoted himself to teaching, writing, speaking, and research. Today he is the director of the Killology Research Group, and in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks he is on the road almost 300 days a year, training elite military and law enforcement organizations worldwide about the reality of combat.

Gun Laws

Just watched this full interview. My mom subscribes to his online service. I think you can get a free two week subscription--I encourage anyone that is truly a free thinker to watch the interview. Sign up for the two weeks and watch this interview. Beck sits and listens 90+% of the time, so opinion in him shouldn't keep you from watching.