Gun Laws

Posted 686 day(s) ago by Boognish70876 Views 3110 Replies
Page 16 of 63 6 14 15 16 17 18 26
    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    Perhaps, but let's not be dense and pretend that going and buying an AR at Dick's with some extra magazines is somehow the same level of difficulty as rigging up a bomb or burning down a building.

Obstinacy in the face of reasonable facts doesn't make you smart or better defend your position. It just makes you look dumb.

A person could make a back pack full of pipe bombs cheaper and easier than buying a AR-15. How many kids could they kill if they just started pitching them into classrooms at a school. All it would take is a simple trip to wal-mart and a hardware store, and all with NO BACKGROUND CHECK

Please think about things before you make ridiculous statements.

Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    A person could make a back pack full of pipe bombs cheaper and easier than buying a AR-15. How many kids could they kill if they just started pitching them into classrooms at a school. All it would take is a simple trip to wal-mart and a hardware store, and all with NO BACKGROUND CHECK

Please think about things before you make ridiculous statements.
    have you seen a youth of today operate a hacksaw? A pipe threader? They have a very poor grasp of mechanical tooling. Does WalMart sell black powder?

Re: Gun Laws

Video game blaming is retarded. In the 30 years since Nintendo was released and 20 years since the push to go after violent games like Mortal Kombat, nearly all violent crime numbers have gone down.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    have you seen a youth of today operate a hacksaw? A pipe threader? They have a very poor grasp of mechanical tooling. Does WalMart sell black powder?
    A pipe bomb is a piece of cake to build..do a quick internet search...you can use shaved match heads or 4th of July sparklers as the explosive....

Gun Laws

Originally Posted by SoonerLibertarian View Post
    Video game blaming is retarded. In the 30 years since Nintendo was released and 20 years since the push to go after violent games like Mortal Kombat, nearly all violent crime numbers have gone down.
    Watch the video Nick. The numbers are skewed according to the colonel because of medical advances. Incidences are up--deaths are down.

Ok, then like Coulter said, publicize the names of all women who have an abortion.

White House weighs broad gun-control agenda in wake of Newtown shootings

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...46f_print.html

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 10:03 PM.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 10:03 PM.

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    That targets gun owners for theft.

In addition, women who have been ****d or assaulted and have gotten a permit now will be at risk of being a victim again.
    Democrats war on women.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Ok, then like Coulter said, publicize the names of all women who have an abortion.
    Is that public record?

Gawd, she is so awful.

I've been to several that do sell it . . . some even have out on the shelf where anyone can grab it. Age is checked at the register . . .

That's about the most ridiculous statement I've ever read. If you don't have a logical response please don't just respond with nonsense.

And yes they do, along with many other sporting good stores.

Would still like OOO to define what the gun show loophole is.

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Would still like OOO to define what the gun show loophole is.
    Pretty sure he's referring to individuals selling to other individuals with out a background check (IMO, that's an easy fix, just set up a booth and charge $10 for background checks and you have to use the booth for private transactions). That said, there's a lot of people that believe no background checks whatsoever are performed at gun shows.

Originally Posted by ImTheDude View Post
    Pretty sure he's referring to individuals selling to other individuals with out a background check (IMO, that's an easy fix, just set up a booth and charge $10 for background checks and you have to use the booth for private transactions). That said, there's a lot of people that believe no background checks whatsoever are performed at gun shows.
    This is my suspicion on what he was referring to.

Yeah lot of people walk around with guns on shoulder or just in boxes, I've seen people ask how much they will take for it and sell right on the spot.

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    Yeah lot of people walk around with guns on shoulder or just in boxes, I've seen people ask how much they will take for it and sell right on the spot.
    i've done that...
    it's the best way to sell a gun...

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    i've done that...
    it's the best way to sell a gun...
    Probably make better deal than going up to a stand...

I sell my guns over ****ing Facebook.. they like to call it a "gun show" loophole.. when they really mean they just want there to be a NICS check for private sales too.

Just come out and ****ing say that.
    The following users like this post: Sooner Bob

Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    I sell my guns over ****ing Facebook.. they like to call it a "gun show" loophole.. when they really mean they just want there to be a NICS check for private sales too.

Just come out and ****ing say that.
    It's because the people saying it are ignorant.
    The following users like this post: Dexa

God I am glad that I do not live in a state run by dumbasses.

It's because the people saying it are ignorant.
    Or perhaps because there's a significant difference b/n private citizens selling a gun or 3 from time to time w/o background checks, and gun sellers whose intent it is to sell as many guns as possible w/o background checks.

The difference isn't hard to see, fellas.

I have no problem with the current level of background checks done when I purchase a gun at a retail store. I understand that it takes time, but that isn't an excuse (IMO) to NOT do them for every retail-related purchase whether completed online, in a brick-and-mortar store or at a gun show.

The sticky part is how to handle the private sales. I honestly had now idea this site existed until just now: http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/oklahoma/guns

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    I have no problem with the current level of background checks done when I purchase a gun at a retail store. I understand that it takes time, but that isn't an excuse (IMO) to NOT do them for every retail-related purchase whether completed online, in a brick-and-mortar store or at a gun show.

The sticky part is how to handle the private sales. I honestly had now idea this site existed until just now: http://www.armslist.com/classifieds/oklahoma/guns
    The private sale issue is simple. Require that all private sale transfers be done by someone with a FFL who will do the background check. Most FFL's already require a small transfer fee and they could charge the same fee handling a private sale transfer. I'm sure most FFLs would already do this for most private sales if they were asked to do so. Private sale and gun show loophole "problem" solved and most gun owners will not have a problem it, imo.

Or perhaps because there's a significant difference b/n private citizens selling a gun or 3 from time to time w/o background checks, and gun sellers whose intent it is to sell as many guns as possible w/o background checks.

Agreed but this has nothing to do with gun shows. Businesses selling guns require background checks; private sales do not. If you go to a gun show you will see majority of businesses there and they do background checks. There are also private selllers, some call themselves private collectors, who do not.

Personally I wouldn't mind requiring background check for any gun purchase. However to say it is a gun show issue again is an ignorant statement.

how many of the mass shooters got their guns at gun shows without background checks?

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    how many of the mass shooters got their guns at gun shows without background checks?
    No clue. But you can't tell me you don't understand the difference i set forth.

Agreed but this has nothing to do with gun shows. Businesses selling guns require background checks; private sales do not. If you go to a gun show you will see majority of businesses there and they do background checks. There are also private selllers, some call themselves private collectors, who do not.

Personally I wouldn't mind requiring background check for any gun purchase. However to say it is a gun show issue again is an ignorant statement.
    No it isn't at all, really.

A gun show is a commercial enterprise where professional sellers show up to make money and where plenty of people show up to buy guns, and a lot of transactions can be effected very quickly and efficiently.

The ignorant statement is to say that a gun show is closer to two individuals privately contract for gun(s) than it is to a brick-and-mortar retail outlet.

Again, you guys, you don't strengthen your positions when you deny even the most obvious facts just because they appear to be against your stance.

I'm pro-gun ownership, and I need you guys on top of your game, not sounding like imbeciles, so that our stance is understood and respected.

Biden: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns

Vice President Joe Biden revealed that President Barack Obama might use an executive order to deal with guns.

"The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executives orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."

Biden said that this is a moral issue and that "it's critically important that we act."

Biden talked also about taking responsible action. "As the president said, if you're actions result in only saving one life, they're worth taking. But I'm convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of americans and take thousands of people out of harm's way if we act responsibly."
    Biden, as he himself noted, helped write the Brady bill.

Eric Holder was scheduled to be at the meeting that's currently take place at the White House.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ns_694984.html

Using "morals" as your justification opens up a huge can of worms. IMO, there'll be a shit storm if this happens.

Curious what mallens take is on this from the legal side of it.

Biden: Obama Might Use Executive Order to Deal With Guns

Vice President Joe Biden revealed that President Barack Obama might use an executive order to deal with guns.

"The president is going to act," said Biden, giving some comments to the press before a meeting with victims of gun violence. "There are executives orders, there's executive action that can be taken. We haven't decided what that is yet. But we're compiling it all with the help of the attorney general and the rest of the cabinet members as well as legislative action that we believe is required."

Biden said that this is a moral issue and that "it's critically important that we act."

Biden talked also about taking responsible action. "As the president said, if you're actions result in only saving one life, they're worth taking. But I'm convinced we can affect the well-being of millions of americans and take thousands of people out of harm's way if we act responsibly."
    Biden, as he himself noted, helped write the Brady bill.

Eric Holder was scheduled to be at the meeting that's currently take place at the White House.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ns_694984.html

Nice. I wonder if he wouldn't taken this approach (as many folks feared) had the shooting at Sandy Hook never happened?

Nice. I wonder if he wouldn't taken this approach (as many folks feared) had the shooting at Sandy Hook never happened?
    I have trouble believing Biden as the source on what would be a monumental FAIL from BO, you know?

Originally Posted by ImTheDude View Post
    Using "morals" as your justification opens up a huge can of worms. IMO, there'll be a shit storm if this happens.

Curious what mallens take is on this from the legal side of it.
    I'm pretty uninformed on the history and current status on the use of the executive order. I have a personal opinion, but nothing really to add to the discussion. I do know it stinks like crap from here.

No it isn't at all, really.

A gun show is a commercial enterprise where professional sellers show up to make money and where plenty of people show up to buy guns, and a lot of transactions can be effected very quickly and efficiently.

The ignorant statement is to say that a gun show is closer to two individuals privately contract for gun(s) than it is to a brick-and-mortar retail outlet.

Again, you guys, you don't strengthen your positions when you deny even the most obvious facts just because they appear to be against your stance.

I'm pro-gun ownership, and I need you guys on top of your game, not sounding like imbeciles, so that our stance is understood and respected.
    So tell me again what the "gun show loophole" is..

I have trouble believing Biden as the source on what would be a monumental FAIL from BO, you know?
    You don't believe that he'd be in the know as VP?

So tell me again what the "gun show loophole" is..
    Private sellers at gun shows? If that is even something that could happen . . .

That's my guess.

You don't believe that he'd be in the know as VP?
    I just think he's an idiot and says all sort of stuff just whenever it sort of occurs to him.

Private sellers at gun shows? If that is even something that could happen . . .

That's my guess.
    So why isn't it called "private seller loophole"?

So why isn't it called "private seller loophole"?
    Good question . . . .

I just think he's an idiot and says all sort of stuff just whenever it sort of occurs to him.
    I can agree with that . . .

The "Gun Show Loophole" is the same as the "Garage Sale Loophole", the "Yard Sale Loophole", the "Friend to Friend Loophole", the "Inheritance Loophole" and the "Common Sense Loophole."

I stole this from another site...thought it was good...
    3 users like pphilfran's post: Fahooglegods, ImTheDude, Sooner Bob

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    The "Gun Show Loophole" is the same as the "Garage Sale Loophole", the "Yard Sale Loophole", the "Friend to Friend Loophole", the "Inheritance Loophole" and the "Common Sense Loophole."

I stole this from another site...thought it was good...
    Lol agreed.

Only problem with it is it portrays a negative image when it's not necessary (unless there is a motive).