Gun Laws

Posted 734 day(s) ago by Boognish72577 Views 3130 Replies
Results 1,101 to 1,150 of 3131
Page 23 of 63 13 21 22 23 24 25 33
    They should only allow single round guns only. Even in pistols.

Re: Gun Laws

Originally Posted by bruthaman View Post
    Single round guns? Lol

Gun Laws

They shouldn't allow idiots a voice.

I mean if we want to put stipulations on our rights..
    3 users like Dexa's post: ImTheDude, kssooner, soonerintn

Originally Posted by ArbySooner View Post
    Single round guns? Lol
    It would be so effective.

Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    Wait, it's banning semiautomatic pistols or semiautomatic pistols with a military style feature? I can't see how anyone can support this bill if it's the former.
    Isn't a rail a considered a military feature? How many pistols now have a rail?

They'll get the semi auto pistols by applying the magazine limit.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Isn't a rail a considered a military feature? How many pistols now have a rail?
    Shit, all of my guns have a rail. All of my guns have 15 round mags too except for my sig p238. Looks like I'm going to be a criminal if this EO reflects what happened in new york today.

Gun Laws

Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    Shit, all of my guns have a rail. All of my guns have 15 round mags too except for my sig p238. Looks like I'm going to be a criminal if this EO reflects what happened in new york today.
    I don't foresee it happening. If something is passed that makes literally millions of firearms illegal, I would expect a Supreme Court ruling on the authority of the order, possibly a year+ after the order.

Plenty of time for my firearms to get lost

Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    I don't foresee it happening. If something is passed that makes literally millions of firearms illegal, I would expect a Supreme Court ruling on the authority of the order, possibly a year+ after the order.

I already sold mine, officer.
    6 users like OUMallen's post: DHF, Fahooglegods, ImTheDude, kssooner, Lake_Bum, oucub23

provisions of new york gun law

Provisions in the sweeping gun control bill include:
    • Further restrict assault weapons to define them by a single feature, such as a pistol grip. Current law requires two features.
    • Make the unsafe storage of assault weapons a misdemeanor.
    • Mandate a police registry of assault weapons.
    • Establish a state registry for all private sales, with a background check done through a licensed dealer for a fee, excluding sales to immediate relatives.
    • Require a therapist who believes a mental health patient made a credible threat to use a gun illegally to report the
      threat to a mental health director who would then have to report serious threats to the state Department of Criminal Justice Services. A patient’s gun could be taken from him or her.
    • Ban the Internet sale of assault weapons.
    • Require stores that sell ammunition to register with the state, run background checks on buyers of bullets and keep an electronic database of bullet sales.
    • Restrict ammunition magazines to seven bullets, from the current national standard of 10. Current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. Someone caught with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge.
    • Require that stolen guns be reported within 24 hours. Otherwise, the owner would face a possible misdemeanor.
    • Increase sentences for gun crimes including for taking a gun on school property.
    • Increase penalties for shooting first responders, called the “Webster provision.” Two firefighters were killed when shot by a person who set a fire in the western New York town of Webster last month. The crime would be punishable by life in prison without parole.
    • Limit the state records law to protect handgun owners from being identified publicly. The provision would allow a handgun permit holder a means to maintain privacy under the Freedom of Information law.
    • Require pistol permit holders or those who will be registered as owners of assault rifles to be recertified at least every five years to make sure they are still legally able to own the guns.

We need that in Oklahoma as well. At some point the people have to stop being such ignorant pussies and stand up for ourselves.

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    provisions of new york gun law

Provisions in the sweeping gun control bill include:
    • Further restrict assault weapons to define them by a single feature, such as a pistol grip. Current law requires two features.
    • Make the unsafe storage of assault weapons a misdemeanor.
    • Mandate a police registry of assault weapons.
    • Establish a state registry for all private sales, with a background check done through a licensed dealer for a fee, excluding sales to immediate relatives.
    • Require a therapist who believes a mental health patient made a credible threat to use a gun illegally to report the
      threat to a mental health director who would then have to report serious threats to the state Department of Criminal Justice Services. A patient’s gun could be taken from him or her.
    • Ban the Internet sale of assault weapons.
    • Require stores that sell ammunition to register with the state, run background checks on buyers of bullets and keep an electronic database of bullet sales.
    • Restrict ammunition magazines to seven bullets, from the current national standard of 10. Current owners of higher-capacity magazines would have a year to sell them out of state. Someone caught with eight or more bullets in a magazine could face a misdemeanor charge.
    • Require that stolen guns be reported within 24 hours. Otherwise, the owner would face a possible misdemeanor.
    • Increase sentences for gun crimes including for taking a gun on school property.
    • Increase penalties for shooting first responders, called the “Webster provision.” Two firefighters were killed when shot by a person who set a fire in the western New York town of Webster last month. The crime would be punishable by life in prison without parole.
    • Limit the state records law to protect handgun owners from being identified publicly. The provision would allow a handgun permit holder a means to maintain privacy under the Freedom of Information law.
    • Require pistol permit holders or those who will be registered as owners of assault rifles to be recertified at least every five years to make sure they are still legally able to own the guns.

NY is such a joke. Electronic database of bullet sales? What are people in NY doing? How is nobody seriously enraged over this?

Originally Posted by Cabbage_town_kid View Post
    We need that in Oklahoma as well. At some point the people have to stop being such ignorant pussies and stand up for ourselves.
    will be interesting to see it play out...
    it's easy to predict what will happen.....dumbazz owebama will threaten to cut some kind of federal funding to the state......and texas will roll over

Neither side is backing down on the issue. In the past, the NRA has successfully managed to limit more gun control and has prevented passage of another assault-weapons ban like the one that expired in 2004. But some lawmakers say last month's school shooting, by a gunman with a legally purchased high-powered rifle, has transformed the debate and that Americans are ready for stricter gun laws.

Shitty reporting. Wrong facts. Politically motivated.
    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...#ixzz2I64lFDri

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    will be interesting to see it play out...
    it's easy to predict what will happen.....dumbazz owebama will threaten to cut some kind of federal funding to the state......and texas will roll over
    Sad but true.

Originally Posted by Dexa View Post

And thus comes the moral predicament that pisses me off to no end. I will eventually have to make choice between standing firm on my constitutional rights that were granted to me by the Founding Fathers; or choose to become a criminal because this egomaniac thinks he is a monarch. The end game that the libs are pushing for is that ALL gun owners are considered criminals.

i know what my choice is going to be...

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    i know what my choice is going to be...
    So do I. But it still pisses me off.

Gun Laws

New York failed miserably today in regards to gun laws.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 08:09 PM.

Gun Laws

This country is going the shitter. What a shithole NY is.

You can get all kinds of fake benefits in new york by lying, but you can't get a large coke, or have 10 bullets.

**** that commie state.
    3 users like Nazgul's post: bushmaster06, Cabbage_town_kid, KCRuf/Nek

Gun Laws

Alaska has perhaps the least strict gun laws in the country. Open carry is allowed and we do not require CCL for anything more than reciprocity with other states. My boss currently has me working on legislation that will allow school districts to authorize certain teachers and employees to conceal and carry on campuses, after they have been properly licensed and trained. The thing is, in this state you can already carry in schools if you're over 21 and the district or principal has authorized it. You don't even need a CCL at this point. I was very surprised when I discovered this. So now, people are starting to get riled up because thus bill is effectively placing MORE restrictions on guns. I'm about as pro gun as you can get, but I don't see the problem with ensuring that teachers who are going to conceal and carry at school should be properly trained. Definitely an interesting situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gun Laws

Please stop replying to bruthman. His trolling is evident.

NY is such a joke. Electronic database of bullet sales? What are people in NY doing? How is nobody seriously enraged over this?
    Sounds like a waste of tax payer money.

Originally Posted by fdubzou View Post
    Alaska has perhaps the least strict gun laws in the country. Open carry is allowed and we do not require CCL for anything more than reciprocity with other states. My boss currently has me working on legislation that will allow school districts to authorize certain teachers and employees to conceal and carry on campuses, after they have been properly licensed and trained. The thing is, in this state you can already carry in schools if you're over 21 and the district or principal has authorized it. You don't even need a CCL at this point. I was very surprised when I discovered this. So now, people are starting to get riled up because thus bill is effectively placing MORE restrictions on guns. I'm about as pro gun as you can get, but I don't see the problem with ensuring that teachers who are going to conceal and carry at school should be properly trained. Definitely an interesting situation.

When my daughter lived up there she said it was crazy. Everyone had a gun. I guess it's a nightmare for the cops.

Originally Posted by OUSchitzo View Post
    I saw somewhere that one of the gun owners on the list was burglarized and their guns targeted. Fanfuckingtastic.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    When my daughter lived up there she said it was crazy. Everyone had a gun. I guess it's a nightmare for the cops.
    They have a lot of wildlife they have to deal with too.
    The following users like this post: fdubzou

Gun Laws

She lived in Barrow, correct? I don't think she really knows what she's talking about with a limited experience like that. The problem with remote communities like Barrow is the rampant alcohol and drug abuse, sexual assault and domestic violence that goes along with that. Alaska's problems are exacerbated by the extreme remoteness of some of its rural areas. Most people in the lower 48 cannot comprehend how remote these places are.

Yes, lots of people own guns. Having abundant game will do that. So will black bears rummaging through your garbage and wolves trying to eat the family pet or child.

The following users like this post: bushmaster06

She lived in Barrow, correct? I don't think she really knows what she's talking about with a limited experience like that. The problem with remote communities like Barrow is the rampant alcohol and drug abuse, sexual assault and domestic violence that goes along with that. Alaska's problems are exacerbated by the extreme remoteness of some of its rural areas. Most people in the lower 48 cannot comprehend how remote these places are.

Yes, lots of people own guns. Having abundant game will do that. So will black bears rummaging through your garbage and wolves trying to eat the family pet or child.

I don't know if she experienced the gun culture first hand but she knows about it. She certainly knows about the drinking and the **** behavior. She grew to not like it there. Besides that it was a natives first atmosphere and she would get x'd out for everything. When she first told me she was going there I did a little research. It took about ten minutes for me to understand how remote that place was. I worried about her everyday she lived there.

I guess they were allowed to shoot polar bears if they had to. Apparently every once in a while there would be one just walking down the street.

Gun Laws

I don't know if she experienced the gun culture first hand but she knows about it. She certainly knows about the drinking and the **** behavior. She grew to not like it there. Besides that it was a natives first atmosphere and she would get x'd out for everything. When she first told me she was going there I did a little research. It took about ten minutes for me to understand how remote that place was. I worried about her everyday she lived there.

I guess they were allowed to shoot polar bears if they had to. Apparently every once in a while there would be one just walking down the street.
    It absolutely is native first, and they can be some of the most racist and nasty motherfuckers around. VERY distrusting of and anti-law enforcement as they believe they are above the white mans laws. And the polar bear thing there is very accurate.

It absolutely is native first, and they can be some of the most racist and nasty motherfuckers around. VERY distrusting of and anti-law enforcement as they believe they are above the white mans laws. And the polar bear thing there is very accurate.

She would talk about how they'd get their oil(whatever) check and buy 5K worth of booze. She worked at the town's Wal Mart like place and said they were foul and dirty and very nasty. While she was there she got screwed out of a job, a house, and even a puppy because she wasn't native. That was one thing that I knew would be a problem. And I know what you mean about the cops. Watching that Alaska Trooper show you see the attitude that they give them.

Originally Posted by Nazgul View Post
    This country is going the shitter. What a shithole NY is.

You can get all kinds of fake benefits in new york by lying, but you can't get a large coke, or have 10 bullets.

**** that commie state.
    Telling free men and women what size drink they can and can't have blows my ****ing mind.

Telling free men and women what size drink they can and can't have blows my ****ing mind.
    Or that you can't get pain medicine. now they want to put GPS on prescription bottles.

So apparently BOA is now denying purchases of ammo and guns to their customers.

Or that you can't get pain medicine. now they want to put GPS on prescription bottles.
    Tell me you're joking

Tell me you're joking
    He's not joking.
    The following users like this post: Cabbage_town_kid

Originally Posted by kruk View Post

Doesn't look real. There are a lot of reports on the net that the video is fake.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Tell me you're joking
    Originally Posted by Tug Medick View Post
    He's not joking.
    Well this is what I get for just reading headlines. The NYPD wants to put them in bottles in pharmacies so they can track thieves. Funny though how we can believe it to be true.

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2059246...t-pill-bandits

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Doesn't look real. There are a lot of reports on the net that the video is fake.

I've had two friends denied the last two days for ammo. There seems to be some evidence at least to its truth. That or their LOLpoor.
    The following users like this post: Fahooglegods

Well they did **** around that gun store owner.

No way is this douchebag in the military!
    The following users like this post: Fahooglegods

Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    No way is this douchebag in the military!
    Bring back derringers and muskets!!

Gun Laws

Well BOA has told at least two gun manufacturers that they shouldn't be making guns and/or gun parts and denied them the use of their accounts.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this with regulations/pressure from government regulators. Could be a way to try and put the gun manufacturers out of business if no bank will do business with them because of government pressure on the banks.

Originally Posted by kruk View Post

Oh come on guys. You're worried about an internet YouTube video that may be fake, and even if it's not, she called into a general customer service line about a rumor and a guy whose first language is not English gives a bad-sounding answer?

There are lots of things to get pissed about. This is not it. How would BOA even know what you're buying at Academy?
    The following users like this post: OnlyOneOklahoma

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Well BOA has told at least two gun manufacturers that they shouldn't be making guns and/or gun parts and denied them the use of their accounts.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more of this with regulations/pressure from government regulators. Could be a way to try and put the gun manufacturers out of business if no bank will do business with them because of government pressure on the banks.
    I did not know about this. Thanks for the info.

Seriously?

Biden delivered his recommendations to Obama after a series of meetings with representatives from the weapons and entertainment industries requested by the president after the December 14 school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, in which 20 children and six adults were killed.
    I wonder if Jay-Z and Beyonce are pro gun control?

This is going to end up like things were during prohibition . . . unbelievable.