Gun Laws

Posted 488 day(s) ago by Boognish64105 Views 3079 Replies
Results 1,301 to 1,350 of 3080
Page 27 of 62 17 25 26 27 28 29 37
    vCash

The goal of these campaigns isn't always to say take away our guns. IMO it's to get us used to having our rights taken away and letting it happen. I think that these gun laws, much like healthcare and the Patriot Act, have been sitting in a drawer somewhere, gathering dust, just waiting for the right crisis/event. VTech, Tucson, Colorado, and of course the never mention Ft. Hood just weren't the right crisis. It took the killing of children to get the public whipped up enough to make these changes at least possible. I do think the WH has underestimated the will of the people on this one though.
    5 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: Bk2X, kssooner, Nazgul, Sooner Bob, tcrb

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    The goal of these campaigns isn't always to say take away our guns. IMO it's to get us used to having our rights taken away and letting it happen. I think that these gun laws, much like healthcare and the Patriot Act, have been sitting in a drawer somewhere, gathering dust, just waiting for the right crisis/event. VTech, Tucson, Colorado, and of course the never mention Ft. Hood just weren't the right crisis. It took the killing of children to get the public whipped up enough to make these changes at least possible. I do think the WH has underestimated the will of the people on this one though.
    If anyone ever wanted a look at the problem, it's conspiracy theorist crackpots like you who are afraid of your neighbors and government so much that you do separatist shit like buy a bunch of guns and ammo for the zombie apocolypse, undermining society, and tipping us toward mad max and motherfucking red dawn. You people are holding us back. Someone needs to put your name on 'the list.'

vCash

Douthat: Gun Control and Suicide

Seen in this light, the most sensible gun regulations for a society that isn’t about to contemplate Japan-style confiscation might be those that modestly discourage people who only really even think about guns when they’re sliding into suicidal depths from having one ready to hand. That standard makes some programs that seem silly at first blush — like the gun buybacks that well-meaning American cities sometimes attempt — look a bit more plausible: There’s no good evidence that voluntary buyback programs take the weapons that are used in actual crimes off the street, but they do tend to collect old, little-used weapons from senior citizens, a population that’s particularly at risk for suicide.

vCash

Originally Posted by Aldebaran View Post
    If anyone ever wanted a look at the problem, it's conspiracy theorist crackpots like you who are afraid of your neighbors and government so much that you do separatist shit like buy a bunch of guns and ammo for the zombie apocolypse, undermining society, and tipping us toward mad max and motherfucking red dawn. You people are holding us back. Someone needs to put your name on 'the list.'
    I own one shotgun and one handgun. You know zero about me. Sorry if I don't believe that it's all about the children. 95% of murders are committed with illegal weapons. How is this dog and pony show going to change that? How's it going to help the children in Chicago that are murdered, injured, and orphaned by the liberal's gun free zone? If anyone needs to do something it's you. You need to **** off and go away.
    3 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: Cabbage_town_kid, JDShellnutt, soonerintn

I know you think theirs a file where plans to rob 'merikans of freedom are supposedly gathering dust waiting for the right moment to snatch our rights! ****ing freak.

Hopefully they'll dial up the strength of the background checks and put your sorry ass on the sidelines.

vCash

Originally Posted by OUMallen;
    Doctors can ALREADY ASK THESE THINGS.
    I could give two $h!ts and a popsicle if they ask because my answer will be "It's none of your business".
    2 users like JDShellnutt's post: Fahooglegods, Tundra

vCash

Its cute because you are trying soooooo hard.

vCash

Is suggesting people who buy guns and ammo are "separatists" a new talking point?

vCash

Yawn.

vCash

Go **** yourself. I'm not some tin-foil hat wearing hillbilly, but I still attempt to make plans for self preservation for a multitude of events. I have extra fuel, water, food, and a storm shelter for tornadoes, blizzards, floods, etc. If you think someone who decides their method of planning involves having a little bit of security in the UNLIKELY event of a government collapse or oppression is a crackpot, then all I can say is I hope you are right.

There are still people alive in this country and the rest of the world who's friends, mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers are ashes blown across the European countryside. Unfortunately they probably had the same naive opinion that you seem to.

I hope you sleep snug as a bug at night knowing the government ALWAYS has your well being at heart.
    6 users like Dexa's post: Bk2X, KCRuf/Nek, Sooner Bob, soonerintn, Tundra, Turk

vCash

Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    There are still people alive in this country and the rest of the world who's friends, mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers are ashes blown across the European countryside.
    Don't leave out the Pacific... hmph!

vCash

Originally Posted by VUGear View Post
    Don't leave out the Pacific... hmph!
    True story

vCash

Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    Go **** yourself. I'm not some tin-foil hat wearing hillbilly, but I still attempt to make plans for self preservation for a multitude of events. I have extra fuel, water, food, and a storm shelter for tornadoes, blizzards, floods, etc. If you think someone who decides their method of planning involves having a little bit of security in the UNLIKELY event of a government collapse or oppression is a crackpot, then all I can say is I hope you are right.

There are still people alive in this country and the rest of the world who's friends, mothers, fathers, sisters, and brothers are ashes blown across the European countryside. Unfortunately they probably had the same naive opinion that you seem to.

I hope you sleep snug as a bug at night knowing the government ALWAYS has your well being at heart.

Dont get worked up over this clown. He is like OOO's more retarded half-brother.
    3 users like Sancho's post: Dexa, jdmt37, ThievingMagpie

I wish Obama had a Monty Python sense of humor and show up at his next press conference dressed as Hitler or Stalin. Just do a John Cleese impression.

"Oh, what, the mustache? Oh, uh, I just thought I'd grow one. Just a lark. The Uniform? Saw it at a flea market. Looked right smart in it, don't ya think?"

And FOX News explodes.

Gun Laws

Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I wish Obama had a Monty Python sense of humor and show up at his next press conference dressed as Hitler or Stalin. Just do a John Cleese impression.

"Oh, what, the mustache? Oh, uh, I just thought I'd grow one. Just a lark. The Uniform? Saw it at a flea market. Looked right smart in it, don't ya think?"

And FOX News explodes.
    I wish he would too. It would make it worth listening to him.
    Last edited by oucub23; January 18th, 2013 at 08:05 PM.

vCash

Man , some people get really inspired after watching Jon Stewart. Once people starting using phrases like Murika, or painting with a large brush all gun owners, or keep telling us that government should be trusted, then we deal with people that are on the direct opposite of the birthers. But I don't think the birthers sell their bullshittery with the sense of pomp that these people do. It;s one thing to be a nutcase and know it, and it's another thing to be a nutcase and think of yourself as enlightened.
    2 users like Nazgul's post: ImTheDude, oucub23

vCash

I've never watched John Stewart.

vCash

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I've never watched John Stewart.
    He's funny, and mostly fair. He is a New York liberal though.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

vCash

The following users like this post: Turk

vCash

I'm glad you're dead.

vCash

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    I'm glad you're dead.
    That's so sad. Liberals want peace and everyone equal right......except for that kill all the babies pro death thing.

But otherwise why be glad for someone to be dead. Dissent is patriotic. Diversity is good........right.

vCash

Originally Posted by lokifz1 View Post
    That's so sad. Liberals want peace and everyone equal right......except for that kill all the babies pro death thing.

But otherwise why be glad for someone to be dead. Dissent is patriotic. Diversity is good........right.
    Exactly.

I'm a way bigger Sammy Davis fan.

vCash

Another conspiracy to legitimize stricter gun laws!!!
    http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013...id=msnhp&pos=3

vCash

Gun Laws

Ill move to Alaska if I have too

vCash

If these mass killers had only a 6 bullet clip wouldn't some of those kids have survived while the looney was reloading? Is it worth it to limit the amount bullets that can be loaded at a time to save some child's life? Or are these basic rights to have as many bullets to shot as fast as possible more important than some little 6 year old being able to run for his or her life? Do people really shoot unlimited shots in a row at a deer or a pheasant? Doesn't sound very sporting or very edible. More like fodder for the dentist.

vCash

Gun Laws

Originally Posted by 61sooner View Post
    If these mass killers had only a 6 bullet clip wouldn't some of those kids have survived while the looney was reloading? Is it worth it to limit the amount bullets that can be loaded at a time to save some child's life? Or are these basic rights to have as many bullets to shot as fast as possible more important than some little 6 year old being able to run for his or her life? Do people really shoot unlimited shots in a row at a deer or a pheasant? Doesn't sound very sporting or very edible. More like fodder for the dentist.
    So at what point do you feel your freedoms are no longer worth fighting over if it makes you FEEL a little more safe?

Or at what point do you think you'd eventually say "no more"?

Would it be no guns? Cameras on every street corner? Erosion of any privacy at all? Something said as a joke in private used against you years later in a court?

Where is the line for you?

vCash

Magazines can be changed pretty damn fast.

BTW, the 2nd amendment is about ****ing hunting. Also, if it takes 5-10 minutes for the police to show up, that's a lifetime for unarmed people against an active shooter, no matter how many bullets a gun can hold.

vCash

Gun Laws

The 2nd amendment isn't about hunting. And these bullets aren't being shot "as fast as possible." If you think that, you don't know much about guns. Stop listening to what Barry and the media are telling you and do your own research.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    4 users like fdubzou's post: ArbySooner, Fahooglegods, JDShellnutt, soonerintn

vCash

Why listen to obama biden said he was the President.

Do Gun-Control Laws Control Guns?
    Nothing is easier than disarming the law-abiding and peaceful.
    By Thomas Sowell

The gun-control controversy is only the latest of many issues to be debated almost solely in terms of fixed preconceptions, with little or no examination of hard facts.
    Media discussions of gun control are dominated by two factors: the National Rifle Association and the Second Amendment. But the overriding factual question is whether gun-control laws actually reduce gun crimes in general or murder rates in particular.

Advertisement

If, as gun-control advocates claim, gun-control laws really do control guns and save lives, there is nothing to prevent repealing the Second Amendment any more than there was anything to prevent repealing the Eighteenth Amendment that created Prohibition. But, if the hard facts show that gun-control laws do not actually control guns, but instead lead to more armed robberies and higher murder rates after law-abiding citizens are disarmed, then gun-control laws would be a bad idea, even if there were no Second Amendment and no National Rifle Association.
    The central issue boils down to the question: What are the facts? Yet there are many zealots who seem utterly unconcerned about facts or about their own lack of knowledge of facts.
    There are people who have never fired a shot in their life who do not hesitate to declare how many bullets should be the limit to put into a firearm’s clip or magazine. Some say ten bullets, but New York State’s recent gun-control law specifies seven.
    Virtually all gun-control advocates say that 30 bullets in a magazine is far too many for self-defense or hunting — even if they have never gone hunting and never had to defend themselves with a gun. This uninformed and self-righteous dogmatism is what makes the gun-control debate so futile and so polarizing.
    Anyone who faces three home invaders, jeopardizing himself or his family, might find 30 bullets barely adequate. After all, not every bullet hits, even at close range, and not every hit incapacitates. You can get killed by a wounded man.
    These plain life-and-death realities have been ignored for years by people who go ballistic when they hear about how many shots were fired by the police in some encounter with a criminal. As someone who once taught pistol shooting in the Marine Corps, I am not the least bit surprised by the number of shots fired. I have seen people miss a stationary target at close range, even in the safety and calm of a pistol range.
    We cannot expect everybody to know that. But we can expect them to know that they don’t know — and to stop spouting off about life-and-death issues when they don’t have the facts.
    The central question as to whether gun-control laws save lives or cost lives has generated many factual studies over the years. But these studies have been like the proverbial tree that falls in an empty forest, and have been heard by no one — certainly not by zealots who have made up their minds and don’t want to be confused by the facts.
    Most factual studies show no reduction in gun crimes, including murder, under gun-control laws. A significant number of studies show higher rates of murder and other gun crimes under gun-control laws.
    How can this be? It seems obvious to some gun-control zealots that, if no one had guns, there would be fewer armed robberies and fewer people shot to death.
    But nothing is easier than to disarm peaceful, law-abiding people. And nothing is harder than to disarm people who are neither — especially in a country with hundreds of millions of guns already out there that are not going to rust away for centuries.
    When it was legal to buy a shotgun in London in the middle of the 20th century, there were very few armed robberies there. But, after British gun-control zealots managed over the years to disarm virtually the entire law-abiding population, armed robberies became literally a hundred times more common. And murder rates rose.
    One can cherry-pick the factual studies, or cite some studies that have subsequently been discredited, but the great bulk of the studies show that gun-control laws do not in fact control guns. On net balance, they do not save lives but cost lives.
    Gun-control laws allow some people to vent their emotions, politicians to grandstand, and self-righteous people to “make a statement” — but all at the cost of other people’s lives.
    The following users like this post: soonerintn

If you are truly that naive and believe what you posted. Please read this article.
    http://kontradictions.wordpress.com/...-ill-tell-you/

Why not limit all guns to one bullets. In fact why not ban guns from having bullets? To me it's just like banning drugs. It's unenforceable in the end so it'll just end up in more guns in the hands of criminals.

vCash

I get the long term goal. I get that if you just did away with all guns.. that EVENTUALLY guns would become rare.. and gun crime would be very slim. But the question to be raised would be:

"How many people do you sacrifice between now and that day"? Does the ends justify the means? It might take 10, 20, 50, 100 years before guns are truly the exception instead of the rule. That still doesn't prevent violent criminals from commiting violent crimes. They will just switch to the knife. Then we can have knife control debates when I'm 70 and my grandchildren will be like "WTF kinda shit is this"!?

****ing pointy knives are a point of argument currently in the UK.. people are seriously grandstanding that there should be no pointed knives because they are only made to stab. I would bet these idiots have never needed to use a knife in any other setting but the ****ing dinner table.

vCash

I'm not a hunter, I contract out my killing at the moment.
    I do however use high capacity mags.
    I shoot pistols and AR-15's for sport and for fun,
    The 2nd has nothing to do with hunting.

vCash

Here's a list of what the Dems proposed, and were ultimately rejected, in New York's latest gun bill.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...d-not-be-seen/

http://www.scribd.com/doc/121630615/...crat-Proposals
    1. Confiscation of “assault weapons”
    2. Confiscation [of] ten round clips
    3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
    4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be replaced to the public
    5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
    6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines
    7. Limit possession to no more than two (2) magazines
    8. Limit purchase of guns to one gun per person per month
    9. Require re-licensing of all pistol permit owners
    10. Require renewal of all pistol permits every five years
    11. State issued pistol permits
    12. Micro-stamping of all guns in New York State
    13. Require licensing of all gun ammo dealers
    14. Mandatory locking of guns at home
    15. Fee for licensing, registering weapons

Originally Posted by URNotserious View Post
    ...and still somehow end up becoming the .....least crime prone ethnicity in every **** Westernized country? .,...
    I dont know... I know some pretty hard core asian ganstas!

2 users like soonerintn's post: ArbySooner, fdubzou

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 06:05 PM.

vCash

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Here's a list of what the Dems proposed, and were ultimately rejected, in New York's latest gun bill.

4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder’s information to be replaced to the public
    5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol grips as “assault weapons”
    6. Limit the number of rounds in a magazine to 5 and confiscation and forfeiture of banned magazines

Liberals can't understand why they cant be taken seriously.

vCash

Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Liberals can't understand why they cant be taken seriously.
    I'm sure the libtards on here agree with the list....

vCash

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    I'm sure the libtards on here agree with the list....
    Which further illustrates the point.

vCash

Repeal the 2nd amendment! Replace it with the Equal Rights Amendment!

vCash

Missouri Lawmaker proposes a bill that would require parents to inform their child's school that they own a gun.

1. This act creates the offense of failing to stop illegal firearm possession. A person commits the offense if he or she is the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18, he or she knows the child possesses a firearm in violation of the law, and he or she fails to stop the possession or report it to law enforcement.
    2. This act also creates the offense of negligent storage of a firearm. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 commits the offense by recklessly storing or leaving a firearm in a manner that is likely to result in the child accessing the firearm if the child obtains access to the firearm and unlawfully carries it to school, kills or injures another person with it, or commits a crime with it.
    3. This act requires a parent or guardian to notify a school district, or the governing body of a private or charter school, that he or she owns a firearm within 30 days of enrolling the child in school or becoming the owner of a firearm.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...hey-own-a-gun/

http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/bts_...illID=17148860

vCash

Missouri Lawmaker proposes a bill that would require parents to inform their child's school that they own a gun.

1. This act creates the offense of failing to stop illegal firearm possession. A person commits the offense if he or she is the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18, he or she knows the child possesses a firearm in violation of the law, and he or she fails to stop the possession or report it to law enforcement.
    2. This act also creates the offense of negligent storage of a firearm. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 commits the offense by recklessly storing or leaving a firearm in a manner that is likely to result in the child accessing the firearm if the child obtains access to the firearm and unlawfully carries it to school, kills or injures another person with it, or commits a crime with it.
    3. This act requires a parent or guardian to notify a school district, or the governing body of a private or charter school, that he or she owns a firearm within 30 days of enrolling the child in school or becoming the owner of a firearm.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...hey-own-a-gun/

http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/bts_...illID=17148860

Seems like good intentions . . . but I'm not ok with this approach at all.

vCash

Originally Posted by Sooner Bob View Post
    Seems like good intentions . . . but I'm not ok with this approach at all.
    I have no problems with #1 and #2. Those liabilties probably already exist in case law.

#3 is completely unacceptable.

vCash

Good golly. The retard is strong with these proposals.

vCash

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    I have no problems with #1 and #2. Those liabilties probably already exist in case law.

#3 is completely unacceptable.
    I don't believe I should need to tell the school anything.

Besides, who wants a position in a school district responsible for managing this data anyway?