Gun Laws

Posted 675 day(s) ago by Boognish70437 Views 3105 Replies
Results 1,651 to 1,700 of 3106
Page 34 of 63 24 32 33 34 35 36 44

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    I fail to see how regulated registration and permitting is a intrusion on the American people and yes if the process was more strenuous less guns in the end would end up on the street. Law abiding citizens would still have access to the weapons they desire and less weapons would fall through the woodwork Its kind of obtuse to think otherwise.
    Really? The government already digs into our backgrounds before we're able to make a legal purchase as it is . . . a more convoluted process (registration, permitting, etc.) is NOT the answer. Guns will still be used for nefarious purposes by those who circumvent the process. Thinking a registration/permitting system would prevent this and mean less guns on the streets is what is obtuse.

Personally, I still see no real reason for recreational assault guns in the general public hand especially without some deep deep background digging and psych exams. I under stand why people feel otherwise ( We'll fight a corrupt government if it comes to it etc) but in the end that line of thinking is narcissistic, technology has progressed well past the point of the 2nd amendment and muzzle loaders.
    The look of a gun is not justification for forcing someone to sit down and go through some therapy session. A semi-auto with a pistol grip is still a semi-auto.

Im pro home protection, pro hunting but iI think if people want to own these other weapons there should be some extra responsibilities to meet. How is registration a violation of the Second Amendment? You have the right to vote but you must first register. You have to have to register property, and get licenses for marriage etc I don't understand the disconnect

Again im not saying ban the damn things, i'm saying their should be a "price" (mandates met) to play with certain toys.
    People steal property . . . and live together and become common law spouses without a license . . .

But hey . . . let's just register every freaking thing we own.

Personally, I still see no real reason for recreational assault guns in the general public hand especially without some deep deep background digging and psych exams.
    That is already the case. Been that way since 1934... was enhanced in 1986.

I fail to see how regulated registration and permitting is a intrusion on the American people and yes if the process was more strenuous less guns in the end would end up on the street. Law abiding citizens would still have access to the weapons they desire and less weapons would fall through the woodwork Its kind of obtuse to think otherwise

Im pro clip restriction and i do believe now certain varieties of weapons should NOT be available without a even more strenuous process then above.

Personally, I still see no real reason for recreational assault guns in the general public hand especially without some deep deep background digging and psych exams. I under stand why people feel otherwise ( We'll fight a corrupt government if it comes to it etc) but in the end that line of thinking is narcissistic, technology has progressed well past the point of the 2nd amendment and muzzle loaders. Im pro home protection, pro hunting but iI think if people want to own these other weapons there should be some extra responsibilities to meet. How is registration a violation of the Second Amendment? You have the right to vote but you must first register. You have to have to register property, and get licenses for marriage etc I don't understand the disconnect

Again im not saying ban the damn things, i'm saying their should be a "price" (mandates met) to play with certain toys.
    You seem to put a lot of trust in your government. The 2nd amendment was created to protect people like you who believe that power hungry politicians and would-be dictators have your best interests at heart.

I fail to see how regulated registration and permitting is a intrusion on the American people and yes if the process was more strenuous less guns in the end would end up on the street. Law abiding citizens would still have access to the weapons they desire and less weapons would fall through the woodwork Its kind of obtuse to think otherwise

Im pro clip restriction and i do believe now certain varieties of weapons should NOT be available without a even more strenuous process then above.

Personally, I still see no real reason for recreational assault guns in the general public hand especially without some deep deep background digging and psych exams. I under stand why people feel otherwise ( We'll fight a corrupt government if it comes to it etc) but in the end that line of thinking is narcissistic, technology has progressed well past the point of the 2nd amendment and muzzle loaders. Im pro home protection, pro hunting but iI think if people want to own these other weapons there should be some extra responsibilities to meet. How is registration a violation of the Second Amendment? You have the right to vote but you must first register. You have to have to register property, and get licenses for marriage etc I don't understand the disconnect

what's a "recreational assault gun"?
    The following users like this post: Sooners2007

Standing offer here--not being a dick at all. Next time you've got a free weekend, I'll take you shooting if you'd like. I can bring an operator level AR, several hunting rifles, and a variety of handguns. You'll be able to see how there's no real difference in how the guns work--it's more design and weight. You'll also be able to realize how ineffective magazine size restrictions would be in preventing crime.

Justice Dept. Internal Memo Admits Gun Buybacks, ‘Assault Weapons’ Bans, and Large Capacity Magazine Restrictions Don’t Work

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...ons-dont-work/

http://www.nraila.org/media/10883516...olicy-memo.pdf

Ok people I will post this here so the people of this forum can get this right. The ignorant ****s in the media have no desire to research this shit they are ****ing about.

As a gun enthusiast it is hard to take anyone serious who refers to clips as magazines...

On a side note. If they ban clips, does that mean they just banned something that is hardly ever used?
    The following users like this post: Fahooglegods

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post

As a gun enthusiast it is hard to take anyone serious who refers to clips as magazines...
    Uuuuh what? I figured it'd be the other way around . . . . clips are for hair.

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    Ok people I will post this here so the people of this forum can get this right. The ignorant ****s in the media have no desire to research this shit they are ****ing about.

On a side note. If they ban clips, does that mean they just banned something that is hardly ever used?
    Perfect. I too am sick of the misuse of terms.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

A liberals wet dream. Keep on fantasizing brutha cause it isn't gonna happen.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    what's a "recreational assault gun"?
    Exactly... Crystal clear evidence of the power of media and their ill-informed terminology.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
    The following users like this post: SoonerArtillery

Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    Exactly... Crystal clear evidence of the power of media and their ill-informed terminology.

I sent you a pm.

There has always been plenty of idiot legislators on both sides of the aisle, but the gun control retards are really beginning to shine. Hank Johnson and Sheila Jackson Lee don't have anything on this guy...

Comcast To Firearms Shops: Your Money’s No Good Here

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...-no-good-here/

Comcast To Firearms Shops: Your Money’s No Good Here

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...-no-good-here/
    Not a huge surprise to see something like this . . .

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post

Dude . . . you need to shave.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Haven't gotten a chance to look the entire story yet but saw clips of Bidens advice yesterday while at the gym this morning. What I took from it was it's ok to shoot at the bad guys with double barrel shotguns but not AR-15's.

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Haven't gotten a chance to look the entire story yet but saw clips of Bidens advice yesterday while at the gym this morning. What I took from it was it's ok to shoot at the bad guys with double barrel shotguns but not AR-15's.
    He also said to just go outside and fire off a couple rounds in the air to scare them away.

Originally Posted by ImTheDude View Post
    He also said to just go outside and fire off a couple rounds in the air to scare them away.
    Works every time, especially when they're on PCP.
    2 users like bushmaster06's post: Cabbage_town_kid, Sooners2007

Don't you know it is easier to shoot a shotgun than a scary gun...

Why not just issue everyone large fires to scare them off?

Originally Posted by tcrb View Post
    There has always been plenty of idiot legislators on both sides of the aisle, but the gun control retards are really beginning to shine. Hank Johnson and Sheila Jackson Lee don't have anything on this guy...

I can not tell you how many times I have judo'd armed criminals into submission until the authorities arrive (with guns) to arrest them.

Fire a couple of rounds from a double barrel--what could possibly go wrong after that?
    The following users like this post: ImTheDude

Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    I can not tell you how many times I have judo'd armed criminals into submission until the authorities arrive (with guns) to arrest them.
    We could make judo/karate a required course for all female freshmen. That would scare the hell outta the muggers and the rapists wouldn't it? Maybe we should just make martial arts classes part of obamacare and require every citizen to become proficient. Then the criminals would be so scared they would turn in their guns and become law abiding citizens.

Originally Posted by Julz View Post

I'll tell you what....my wife handles my scary gun much more easily than my 12ga. and she is a girly girl who never thought she would ever shoot a gun.

Originally Posted by SoonerArtillery View Post
    I'll tell you what....my wife handles my scary gun much more easily than my 12ga. and she is a girly girl who never thought she would ever shoot a gun.
    I like to shoot the AR15 and I actually have a nostalgia for the 12ga. because I grew up shooting it with dad. The one I own was his and she has been a good gun, he got her the day I was born from his brother as a congrats on the baby gift. She is my age and solid like a rock, shoots great and has been fired many times. But as far as shooting the "scary" guns they are nice and light in comparison and well 12ga. kicks like a mule
    3 users like Aurora's post: kssooner, SoonerArtillery, Sooners2007

It is an ironic argument because the Left has been saying that the reason "assault rifles" should be banned is because they are so easy to use and effective at killing. Here, Dipshit Joe is arguing that you should use a 12 gauge because it is easier to use and more effective than an AR-15. Seems like they are struggling to keep the narrative straight.
    3 users like Sancho's post: JDShellnutt, Julz, Sooner Bob

Because shooting into the air is a fantastic idea.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    Because shooting into the air is a fantastic idea.
    No it is. Joe said so. And he's not dumb.
    5 users like oucub23's post: bushmaster06, ImTheDude, Julz, kssooner, SoonerArtillery

Another oddity here. The whole push behind lower capacity mags is to give people time to rush the killer while he's reloading. Joe's advocating a double barrel? Wow. Slow slow slow reload and very few shots--lots of time for an attacker to attack while reloading is happening--especially if one is behaving as frighteningly irresponsible as he's advising his wife to be when she's popping rounds off the balcony. Who are these people?

Another oddity here. The whole push behind lower capacity mags is to give people time to rush the killer while he's reloading. Joe's advocating a double barrel? Wow. Slow slow slow reload and very few shots--lots of time for an attacker to attack while reloading is happening--especially if one is behaving as frighteningly irresponsible as he's advising his wife to be when she's popping rounds off the balcony. Who are these people?
    When has anything ever gone wrong when you just randomly fire into the air?

You've clearly never seen The Mexican.

You've clearly never seen The Mexican.
    Haha, that's exactly what came to mind when I was typing that.

If you feel this way that's fine, don't buy one. I on the other hand do like to shoot recreationally and I'm tired of liberal pricks telling me what I should or shouldn't be doing. Especially ones that don't know shit about what they are telling me I shouldn't be doing. You sir can take your "clip" restriction nonsense and go **** yourself!
    2 users like JDShellnutt's post: bushmaster06, ImTheDude

No "recreational assault guns", no opinion. Right?

A STATEMENT FROM RONNIE BARRETT:

Barrett’s Position Regarding the Assault on Liberty
    February 20, 2013

Barrett opposes those who are illegally disarming the American public from their efficient arms and creating superior armed elitist government agencies.

Elected state officials of New York, having been sworn to protect our Constitution, have instead committed an offense against it and their citizens by stripping inalienable rights duly protected and guaranteed under the Second Amendment. By their deliberate and sinister actions, these officials now cause their state and local policing agencies to enforce these unconstitutional and illegal so called “laws”.

By current law, Barrett cannot be an accomplice with any lawbreaker, therefore, cannot and will not service or sell to New York government agencies. Barrett also applies this stance to the individual elected official who, as a matter of public record, has voted for or created regulation that violates the constitutional rights of their citizens. This is an expansion of our 2002 ban against the California government due to their second amendment infringements, and shall apply to any future violators.

In the course of world history there have been officials that strip inalienable rights from the people that were given to all by our Creator. Most of these officials inevitably come to trial, some do not.

Intentionally violating constitutional rights by officials that have sworn to uphold them should have severe prison sentences.

With the clear vision of horrible events in history repeating itself, all manufacturers of firearms or related equipment remaining in partnership with such violators should have a respectable fear of being found with the guilty on their day of trial.

During this era of assault on liberty, Barrett will remain steadfast in our efforts to serve law-abiding citizens of all fifty states, and stands together with you in the struggles we will fight and win.

Ronnie Barrett
    Chairman and CEO
    2 users like SoonerArtillery's post: Cabbage_town_kid, soonerintn

Wow that voice. And ten years later, you don't need a shotgun, just get a baseball bat, and trust me that's all you need. Shotguns are harder to use.

No it is. Joe said so. And he's not dumb.
    Biden is that lovable uncle. I learned that from the libs in the Sarah Palin thread.

He is just a dolt! That pretty much sums it up. Great advice on buying a shotgun though. Just picked up a nice Mossberg 500 tactical chainsaw at Christmas. Although I won't be blasting wildly into the air if someone is breaking into my home.

I fail to see how regulated registration and permitting is a intrusion on the pAmerican people and yes if the process was more strenuous less guns in the end would end up on the street. Law abiding citizens would still have access to the weapons they desire and less weapons would fall through the woodwork Its kind of obtuse to think otherwise

So with this line of thinking technology has passed the first amendment and human powered printing presses so the goverment can restrict speech on radio Tv the internet electrical powered printing press etc.

Originally Posted by JDShellnutt View Post
    He is just a dolt! That pretty much sums it up. Great advice on buying a shotgun though. Just picked up a nice Mossberg 500 tactical chainsaw at Christmas. Although I won't be blasting wildly into the air if someone is breaking into my home.
    How do you like it? was seriously considering picking one of those up.

How do you like it? was seriously considering picking one of those up.
    It's really cool, I like the chainsaw handle, pretty fun to shoot. I also put a AR-15 type handle on the front bottom rail so I could easily hold it in a more traditional way if I needed to. The chainsaw handle detaches easily if you wanted to remove it and go with a more standard collapsable tactical stock. I was going back and forth between the 500 and the 870 and I'm glad I went with the 500, better price and functions perfectly. Next I'm getting a laser light combo for it, when I find the right one.
    2 users like JDShellnutt's post: SoonerArtillery, Sooners2007

It's really cool, I like the chainsaw handle, pretty fun to shoot. I also put a AR-15 type handle on the front bottom rail so I could easily hold it in a more traditional way if I needed to. The chainsaw handle detaches easily if you wanted to remove it and go with a more standard collapsable tactical stock. I was going back and forth between the 500 and the 870 and I'm glad I went with the 500, better price and functions perfectly. Next I'm getting a laser light combo for it, when I find the right one.
    I'm in love with my semi auto 12ga! Its ****ing stupendous!

Ask the dude in ohio who accidentally shot the Amish chick on the horse drawn buggy from a mile away when he was cleaning his rifle.

Originally Posted by Sooners2007 View Post
    I'm in love with my semi auto 12ga! Its ****ing stupendous!

A shotgun is the most versatile and devastating firearm there is.

The following users like this post: TenYards

Last edited by soonerintn; July 19th, 2013 at 04:55 PM.

Thanks for the review....may just go shopping this weekend.

Thanks for the review....may just go shopping this weekend.
    For those that don't know what we're talking about.

Oh and that door breacher is pretty bad ass as well!