Gun Laws

Posted 686 day(s) ago by Boognish70867 Views 3110 Replies
Page 4 of 63 2 3 4 5 6 14 54

What would you guys do if the states passed a new amendment that repealed the 2nd amendment? Hypothetical but honest question.

Originally Posted by azwe View Post
    What would you guys do if the states passed a new amendment that repealed the 2nd amendment? Hypothetical but honest question.
    It would never get the 2/3s necessary but if it did, imo, something like that would throw this country into a civil war.

I'd go buy a gun.
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Re: Gun Laws

Politicized tragedies are great... Also if you are pissed about gun control laws and not drone bombing because guns killed 20 kids you may want to look into how many kids die at the hands of US drones :/
    I'm sad for all this kids no matter which terrorists kill them

The Dark Side

My guns would disappear.

Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
    Well if you consider that he would have had time between each round fired, perhaps someone could have tackled him from behind or something. With a machine gun, one can spray bullets all around him and keep others at a distance. So yes, I'd say it could have been better with a shotgun.
    Dude, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. But you are now sounding like an uneducated lemming who doesn't bother to actually think about the bullshit he is spweing, you just say whatever you hear on cnn.

Let me say this very clearly:

HE DIDN'T HAVE A MACHINE GUN, HE COULDN'T "SPRAY BULLETS ALL AROUND HIM" WITH THE GUN HE USED ANY MORE THAN HE COULD WITH A PISTOL, A .22 CAL RIFLE OR A SHOTGUN.

You are fear mongering just like the media, and you are beginning to look like a hysterical little **** doing it.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    It would never get the 2/3s necessary but if it did, imo, something like that would throw this country into a civil war.
    I believe this to be absolutely true.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...-coming-weeks/

California Sen. Dianne Feinstein said she will introduce a bill on the first day Congress returns in January to ban the sale of so-called “assault weapons” and high-capacity ammunition clips.

Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    If you were'nt selfish would you have a void in your life?
    Absolutely. I love my firearms and enjoy a day at the range with the wife. I also enjoy watching liberals such as yourself freak the **** out about something you don't care to understand. Gun control is not a battle that us going to be won, not in this country.

I don't care if you wish to be a sheep who expects the government to protect you. Honestly, I don't care what you personally do or what you own so stay the **** out of my business. Sound good?

The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    I believe this to be absolutely true.

If we allow our 2nd amendment right to be taken away, there is nothing stopping the others from being taken away.
    The following users like this post: Jenn and tonic

Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    Dude, I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. But you are now sounding like an uneducated lemming who doesn't bother to actually think about the bullshit he is spweing, you just say whatever you hear on cnn.

Let me say this very clearly:

HE DIDN'T HAVE A MACHINE GUN, HE COULDN'T "SPRAY BULLETS ALL AROUND HIM" WITH THE GUN HE USED ANY MORE THAN HE COULD WITH A PISTOL, A .22 CAL RIFLE OR A SHOTGUN.

You are fear mongering just like the media, and you are beginning to look like a hysterical little **** doing it.
    Dude please stop being such a dick. And please re-read my original post. Below is another post I made on the first page, which states my opinion and agrees with many of those on your side of the debate. Sorry I said the word "machine gun." You are harping on something I said which I admit was wrong about the situation in Connecticut -- which I stated before I do not know all the facts of, and would prefer not discuss here as there is another thread for it. If I wanted to argue details of it I would be on that thread. I mistakenly thought that his AR was capable of spraying bullets, which I now understand is not. I said this in response to being prodded by you or someone with a similar opinion as yours asking me if I thought this guy having a single shotgun would have made it any different, and I answered. Stop harping on it and move on, please. Please also read my last post which clearly sums up my stance on this issue. Like I said in that post, I've said all I care to about it because I am going in circles with people like you who obviously have a different opinion, which is fine. THIS will be my last post on this thread. I enjoy seeing other people's opinions on this matter and would like to read through them and let them discuss without reading shit like this on here so I'm ****ing through.

I apologize to everyone for this lengthy post, it will be my last, for reals this time, on this thread.

Ok, I agree with pretty much everything everyone is saying in argument against my OP.
    First, I agree that this ass hole yesterday was nuts, and I agree if he wanted to kill a ton of people he could have done it in many ways. It just so happens his mom had multiple guns in a place he could easily get to, so he used them.
    And I just was pointing out yesterdays incident as it made me wonder about the laws pertaining to guns. I have no idea what guns he used, didn't use, and didn't say he used any specific guns. I just know that in other countries, when tragedies like this have happened in the past, there have been strict changes to gun control laws. Apparently Switzerland is one of those places. Kids over there play video games, too.
    I have no agenda and didn't mean to offend anyone. And I don't really want to limit the freedoms of people who want to own a gun for whatever reason.
    I have shot guns before, and yeah, its fun to blow shit up.
    I just don't see the point in owning lots of guns just for fun.
    I'd agree that the problem is the people using them, and better evaluation/medical help is overall the best thing for the US.

If we allow our 2nd amendment right to be taken away, there is nothing stopping the others from being taken away.
    Amendments can be altered though with another amendment. I see that road being traveled soon. When the 2nd amendment was written they had no idea what weapon technology would become.

Gun Laws

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Amendments can be altered though with another amendment. I see that road being traveled soon. When the 2nd amendment was written they had no idea what weapon technology would become.
    It wouldn't have mattered. You don't understand why the people that wrote and ratified the Bill of Rights did so.
    3 users like oucub23's post: eyeballjr, fdubzou, ImTheDude

Now you're starting to see....

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    It wouldn't have mattered. You don't understand why the people that wrote and ratified the Bill of Rights did so.
    I dont understand why it was signed? Really? The reason it was written was in order to assure the militia fighters they would be able to keep their weapons after the war (assuming we won, which wasnt a given at the time) in order to help maintain fighting numbers.

I dont understand why it was signed? Really? The reason it was written was in order to assure the militia fighters they would be able to keep their weapons after the war (assuming we won, which wasnt a given at the time) in order to help maintain fighting numbers.
    No, it was written because we had fought against a tyrannical state militia for 2 years so the founders made the right to keep and bear arms something a militia couldn't take away.

Dude please stop being such a dick.
    No. I'll keep being a dick as long as you keep being ignorant. You've been told multiple times what kind of gun he used, and corrected about our misconceptions about that gun. Yet you continue to go back to the brainwashed fear mongering stance that you used in the first post.

No, it was written because we had fought against a tyrannical state militia for 2 years so the founders made the right to keep and bear arms something a militia couldn't take away.
    Yep. And thus the "the writers didn't have any idea what the evolution of weaponry would look like", doesn't hold water.

If anything, the citizenry of the USA is in a far worse position than the founding fathers would have expected. The gap between the weapons an average citizen owns, and those controlled by the Government, is far larger than it ever has been. Its akin to fighting against a revolutionary war era army armed with water balloons.
    The following users like this post: Fahooglegods

I'm not trying to be an ass here, but you clearly don't. The Bill of Rights, which includes Amendments 1-10, was ratified in 1791. The Revolutionary War ended in 1783. The outcome of the Revolution was clear by the time the Second Amendment was passed. We operated under the Articles of Confederation in the years following the conclusion of the Revolutionary War until the Constitution was drafted and put into being. The Bill of Rights was put in place as a check against the government--which grew in strength under the Constitution as opposed to the Articles.
    4 users like oucub23's post: eyeballjr, Fahooglegods, fdubzou, Jenn and tonic

I think that, in normal times, what you say about a civil war wouldn't be true.

But I think that there is enough disillusionment with the government that I could actually see this happening.

Problem is, they dont do it all at once because they know that would happen. They'll slowly and surely strip a little at a time, until there is nothing left.
    The following users like this post: Fahooglegods

Gun Laws

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Now you're starting to see....
    I've seen it for a long time. Others refuse to.

I went to Academy in Edmond and Heartland Outdoors today, they were both absolutely packed. At heartland the guy said business picked up after the election, but they've never seen anything like it since Friday.

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Absolutely. I love my firearms and enjoy a day at the range with the wife. I also enjoy watching liberals such as yourself freak the **** out about something you don't care to understand. Gun control is not a battle that us going to be won, not in this country.

I don't care if you wish to be a sheep who expects the government to protect you. Honestly, I don't care what you personally do or what you own so stay the **** out of my business. Sound good?

Do you believe there would be a void in the lives of those who are not gun owners? And I'm not a liberal but more like a conservative and conserving lives should be a priority.

Do you believe there would be a void in the lives of those who are not gun owners? And I'm not a liberal but more like a conservative and conserving lives should be a priority.
    Individual freedom is the priority. More people have died for that than in all of these shootings.

I just don't see the point in owning lots of guns just for fun.

Then why try to infringe on someone else who might enjoy it?

CT has some of the strictest gunlaws in the country. The shooter tried to buy a gun a few days before and was denied. That didn't stop him. He was determined to kill and all the gun laws in the world would not have stopped him. He did what all criminals will do when they want a gun and can't buy it legally, he stole them. How are more restrictive gun laws going to stop that?
    Exactly.

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    The CT Med Examiner said all of the victims were shot by the 223. Each victim was shot multiple times, one was shot 11 times.

I have said it before and I will say it again, there is absolutely zero need for any non military person to have a weapon like that. I have read that the magazine held 30 rounds. Thirty ****ing rounds? Are you kidding me? Why do you need that many rounds? Either you are shitty shot or you want to kill as many people as possible.

Right. That's the only logical reason . . .

Well if you consider that he would have had time between each round fired, perhaps someone could have tackled him from behind or something. With a machine gun, one can spray bullets all around him and keep others at a distance. So yes, I'd say it could have been better with a shotgun.

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    20 kids were gunned down and you come back with this shit? None of those are a good reason.
    How many innocent kids are killed each year by a drunk or wreckless driver?

Gun Laws

Is this the place for Obama to spew political agenda?

Here we go. President dumbo is using the CT address to push his agenda.

Well shit, time to ban hammers.

Florida man accused of killing neighbor with a hammer

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/16...#ixzz2FGmUGmMR

can't believe he is using this moment to sell increased intervention to the mob.

Good speech

Gun Laws

Good speech
    Should I report this post?
    2 users like Coach's post: jdmt37, KCRuf/Nek

Good speech
    If only governing was as easy.

Good campaign speech
    Right. FIFY

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Is this the place for Obama to spew political agenda?
    Whatever they may be, do you believe there are no solutions to problems?

Originally Posted by KABOOKIE View Post
    Right. FIFY
    Lol.

Obama's campaign is over...you thinking he is planning on a shot at pres of the UN gen. Assembly?

Well shit, time to ban hammers.

Florida man accused of killing neighbor with a hammer

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/16...#ixzz2FGmUGmMR
    Does this mean you will be stocking up on hammers first thing in the mornin?

Gun Laws

That really has nothing to do with BO using that platform to spew agenda.

If your solutions involve limiting my individual freedom then FU!

Originally Posted by Sooner5030 View Post
    At least I can count on you when we try to get all drugs legalized in the near future...

Originally Posted by Sooner5030 View Post
    The only thing I would want to limit is your ignorance you worthless peon.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    At least I can count on you when we try to get all drugs legalized in the near future...
    On private property yes....public property not so much.

The only thing I would want to limit is your ignorance you worthless peon.
    dear statist,

please find a way to pay for your current level of intervention then get back to me.

thanks

freedom loving citizen

Does this mean you will be stocking up on hammers first thing in the mornin?
    Can never have to many hammers.
    The following users like this post: Sooner Bob

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    That really has nothing to do with BO using that platform to spew agenda.
    I wonder when people are offered solutions if it provides them with hope or not. I think he was trying to offer people hope or do you believe otherwise?

there are no solutions to this problem....
    unstable people will continue to harm others.....whether one at a time or in larger numbers....
    you're just going to have to accept that....