Gun Laws

Posted 676 day(s) ago by Boognish70496 Views 3105 Replies
Results 201 to 250 of 3106
Page 5 of 63 3 4 5 6 7 15 55
  1. #201
    SpankyNek's Avatar
    Posts
    12,392
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Houston (Cypress)

    Originally Posted by Sooner5030 View Post
    On private property yes....public property not so much.
    So you don't believe guns should be allowed on public property either?

    If not, illogical argument.

  2. #202
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,216
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Re: Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    If we allow our 2nd amendment right to be taken away, there is nothing stopping the others from being taken away.
    Completely agree with that as well.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  3. #203






    15 of the 25 worst mass shootings in the last 50 years took place in the United States.

    Link http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/20/...past-50-years/



    Of the 11 deadliest shootings in the US, five have happened from 2007 onward.
    That doesn’t include Friday’s shooting in Sandy Hook, Connecticut. The AP put the early reported death toll at 27, which would make it the second-deadliest mass shooting in US history.



    more at the link

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...united-states/

  4. #204
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,956
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    I wonder when people are offered solutions if it provides them with hope or not. I think he was trying to offer people hope or do you believe otherwise?
    He's offering false hope.

  5. #205
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,216
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Re: Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Amendments can be altered though with another amendment. I see that road being traveled soon. When the 2nd amendment was written they had no idea what weapon technology would become.
    They wrote the amendment with the desire for the people to be able to keep the govt in check. In the grand scheme of things an "ar" is rather primitive so if they take that away (they can't and won't) then we as a free people are ****ed.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  6. #206
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,956
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post






    15 of the 25 worst mass shootings in the last 50 years took place in the United States.

    Link http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/20/...past-50-years/



    Of the 11 deadliest shootings in the US, five have happened from 2007 onward.
    That doesn’t include Friday’s shooting in Sandy Hook, Connecticut. The AP put the early reported death toll at 27, which would make it the second-deadliest mass shooting in US history.



    more at the link

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...united-states/
    Looks like we are making progress. We should keep doing what we are doing.

  7. #207
    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    He's offering false hope.
    Have you ever offered false hope? Have you ever tried to comfort someone, perhaps a family member who was extremely ill by telling them they would be okay?

  8. #208
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,956
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    Have you ever offered false hope? Have you ever tried to comfort someone, perhaps a family member, who was extremely ill by telling them they would be okay?
    Look at USAO's charts. Why should we change when things are getting better. The shooting in CT is terrible but it has been happening at a higher rate for many years and those incidents are on the decline.

  9. #209
    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Look at USAO's charts. Why should we change we things are getting better. The shooting in CT is terrible but it has been happening at a higher rate for many years and those incidents are on the decline.

    If you arent just trolling, and you feel those rates as they are acceptable thats just sad. Click and read the link at the bottom of that post

  10. #210
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,956
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    If you arent just trolling, and you feel those rates as they are acceptable thats just sad. Click and read the link at the bottom of that post
    I will read the article but looking at your chart the number of deaths has been cut in half over the last 30 years. That didn't happen because of magic. Controlling weapons will not keep them from being available to the people of the US.

  11. #211
    Dexa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,225
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Moore

    Gun Laws

    Some of you clowns amaze me.

    I'm definitely against more gun control, but some of you are so blinded by anti-obamaism that no matter what he says you will try to twist it into something you disagree with.

    Like some of you probably could not function if you couldn't hate that man.

    Baffles the shit out of me.
    The following users like this post: OUMallen


  12. #212
    Tundra's Avatar
    Posts
    2,767
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Indian Territory

    Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    Some of you clowns amaze me.

    I'm definitely against more gun control, but some of you are so blinded by anti-obamaism that no matter what he says you will try to twist it into something you disagree with.

    Like some of you probably could not function if you couldn't hate that man.

    Baffles the shit out of me.
    Really reaching...

  13. #213
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,216
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Re: Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by ResidentEvil View Post
    Yep. And thus the "the writers didn't have any idea what the evolution of weaponry would look like", doesn't hold water.

    If anything, the citizenry of the USA is in a far worse position than the founding fathers would have expected. The gap between the weapons an average citizen owns, and those controlled by the Government, is far larger than it ever has been. Its akin to fighting against a revolutionary war era army armed with water balloons.
    Precisely the spirit of the amendment. However, the gun grabbing crowd would love the citizenry to defend themselves with rocks and cacti.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  14. #214
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,216
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Re: Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    I dont understand why it was signed? Really? The reason it was written was in order to assure the militia fighters they would be able to keep their weapons after the war (assuming we won, which wasnt a given at the time) in order to help maintain fighting numbers.
    Incorrect. Read the writings of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison then come back and discuss intelligently.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  15. #215
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,216
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Re: Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    Do you believe there would be a void in the lives of those who are not gun owners? And I'm not a liberal but more like a conservative and conserving lives should be a priority.
    Gun owners conserve many lives and freedoms. Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  16. #216
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,216
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Re: Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Good speech
    That's nice. He works for us and the constitution is his marching orders. He will do nothing.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  17. #217
    Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Gun owners conserve many lives and freedoms. Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    And they also destroy lives and freedoms as well. And you're not sorry for anything, remember, you're the self admitted selfish one.

  18. #218
    KCRuf/Nek's Avatar
    Posts
    39,528
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Prairie Village, Ks.

    Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Lol.

    Obama's campaign is over...you thinking he is planning on a shot at pres of the UN gen. Assembly?
    I'm expecting him to change it so he can run again.

  19. #219
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,216
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Re: Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    And they also destroy lives and freedoms as well. And you're not sorry for anything, remember, you're the self admitted selfish one.
    I know several responsible gun owners who have not destroyed a single thing other than paper and glass. I personally have nothing to be sorry for. What else you got?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  20. #220
    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    And they also destroy lives and freedoms as well. And you're not sorry for anything, remember, you're the self admitted selfish one.
    So does football:

    * Twice as many children are killed playing football in school than are murdered by guns. That’s right. Despite what media coverage might seem to indicate, there are more deaths related to high school football than guns. In a recent three year period, twice as many football players died from hits to the head, heat stroke, etc. (45), as compared with students who were murdered by firearms (22) during that same time period.(6)

    * Guns are used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year—or about 6,850 times a day.(1) This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.(2)

    http://gunowners.org/fs0404.htm

  21. #221

  22. #222
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,956
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Gun Laws

    Ignorance.

  23. #223
    Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    I know several responsible gun owners who have not destroyed a single thing other than paper and glass. I personally have nothing to be sorry for. What else you got?

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Just common sense. No one ever said all gun owners were irresponsible or responsible for that matter. What I do know is that if there were absolutely no guns the voids in life would be found in unused hospital beds, less crowded morgues and funeral homes and fewer cemetary plots being dug for the dearly beloved, but this you could care less about. Sacrifices are a necessary component of life.

  24. #224
    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    Just common sense. No one ever said all gun owners were irresponsible or responsible for that matter. What I do know is that if there were absolutely no guns the voids in life would be found in unused hospital beds, less crowded morgues and funeral homes and fewer cemetary plots being dug for the dearly beloved, but this you could care less about. Sacrifices are a necessary component of life.
    And the United States would never have existed, slavery never abolished, etc., etc.

  25. #225
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,956
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    Just common sense. No one ever said all gun owners were irresponsible or responsible for that matter. What I do know is that if there were absolutely no guns the voids in life would be found in unused hospital beds, less crowded morgues and funeral homes and fewer cemetary plots being dug for the dearly beloved, but this you could care less about. Sacrifices are a necessary component of life.
    Wow. But you can't undo the invention of the gun. They are here and if they were illegal they would still be here. Such an ignorant point.

  26. #226
    Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    So does football:

    * Twice as many children are killed playing football in school than are murdered by guns. That’s right. Despite what media coverage might seem to indicate, there are more deaths related to high school football than guns. In a recent three year period, twice as many football players died from hits to the head, heat stroke, etc. (45), as compared with students who were murdered by firearms (22) during that same time period.(6)

    * Guns are used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year—or about 6,850 times a day.(1) This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.(2)

    http://gunowners.org/fs0404.htm
    Are you suggesting that football was created to kill people? If so, then why do they wear protective gearing. And would you please stop carrying sand into the house from the sandbox.

  27. #227
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,956
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    Are you suggesting that football was created to kill people? If so, then why do they wear protective gearing. And would you please stop carrying sand into the house from the sandbox.
    Are you kidding me. This point brings infinitely more rep to the table than your "if guns didn't exist" argument.

  28. #228
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,216
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Re: Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    Just common sense. No one ever said all gun owners were irresponsible or responsible for that matter. What I do know is that if there were absolutely no guns the voids in life would be found in unused hospital beds, less crowded morgues and funeral homes and fewer cemetary plots being dug for the dearly beloved, but this you could care less about. Sacrifices are a necessary component of life.
    Do you understand the level of violence before guns? The romans, Alexander the great, Attila the hun, the crusades, the Persians. Oh wait those where all guns fault as well. I am sure there were plenty of voided hospital beds back then, right?

    Your argument is a boat made out of a screen door. You're out of your league Donnie.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  29. #229
    Dexa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,225
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Moore

    Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Are you kidding me. This point brings infinitely more rep to the table than your "if guns didn't exist" argument.
    It really doesn't though. His point is useless, but the football argument is too.

    It's along the lines of saying weed should be legal because cigarettes and alcohol are, when they really serve no purpose in the debate at all.

  30. #230
    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Wow. But you can't undo the invention of the gun. They are here and if they were illegal they would still be here. Such an ignorant point.
    Are you familiar w/the status quo? The relevance of this word applies to those who have had the same exact mantra year after year and because this is so then there is no starting point to begin from. If you were an alcoholic but you failed to realize it then how could you possibly help yourself. How? The obvious answer is you wouldn't be able to and the very same thing applies to guns. You and your kind said the very same thing last year, five years ago, ten years ago, twenty years ago and so on and in this period of doing nothing and failing to recognize the symptoms there cannot and will not be any possible affective change to occur. Everyone who shares your beliefs wants the status quo to continue and thus there is no starting point to begin from. It's called procrastination. A person can call the fire department as soon as they smell smoke or they can wait till there's nothing left but cinders.

  31. #231
    Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    And the United States would never have existed, slavery never abolished, etc., etc.
    Countries have a right to be able to defend themselves from rogue countries so there would obviously be guns or other forms of weapons.

  32. #232
    Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Do you understand the level of violence before guns? The romans, Alexander the great, Attila the hun, the crusades, the Persians. Oh wait those where all guns fault as well. I am sure there were plenty of voided hospital beds back then, right?

    Your argument is a boat made out of a screen door. You're out of your league Donnie.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Your examples cite primarily war mongering nations being at odds as opposed to the safety and welfare of little Stevie chomping at the bit for the finger painting session to commence.

  33. #233
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,956
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    Are you familiar w/the status quo? The relevance of this word applies to those who have had the same exact mantra year after year and because this is so then there is no starting point to begin from. If you were an alcoholic but you failed to realize it then how could you possibly help yourself. How? The obvious answer is you wouldn't be able to and the very same thing applies to guns. You and your kind said the very same thing last year, five years ago, ten years ago, twenty years ago and so on and in this period of doing nothing and failing to recognize the symptoms there cannot and will not be any possible affective change to occur. Everyone who shares your beliefs wants the status quo to continue and thus there is no starting point to begin from. It's called procrastination. A person can call the fire department as soon as they smell smoke or they can wait till there's nothing left but cinders.
    Good thing we are not accepting the status quo. Look at the data. Gun violence is in the decline. How can you ignore that. It's not just minimal either. Cut in half in the last 30 years.

  34. #234
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,956
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    It really doesn't though. His point is useless, but the football argument is too.

    It's along the lines of saying weed should be legal because cigarettes and alcohol are, when they really serve no purpose in the debate at all.
    Everyone is up in arms because kids were killed. Schools have to be protected so we can save our children. If its about the kids then why stop with guns. Especially when their is a bigger killer out there of children.

  35. #235
    prolly need to start building schools next door to police stations...

  36. #236
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,956
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Gun Laws

    Can't get much closer in Luther. So are we good?

  37. #237
    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Wow. But you can't undo the invention of the gun. They are here and if they were illegal they would still be here. Such an ignorant point.
    You use the word 'if,' but you don't recognize its meaning when used by others.

  38. #238
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,216
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    Your examples cite primarily war mongering nations being at odds as opposed to the safety and welfare of little Stevie chomping at the bit for the finger painting session to commence.
    In the history of man there has always been extreme violence. But I am sure it has always been the weapons fault, whether it be swords, bow/arrow, or firearms. Correct?

  39. #239
    Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    In the history of man there has always been extreme violence. But I am sure it has always been the weapons fault, whether it be swords, bow/arrow, or firearms. Correct?
    If you were the target of a drive by would you rather take your chances by being shot at w/a gun or a bow and arrow?

  40. #240
    Dexa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,225
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Moore

    Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Everyone is up in arms because kids were killed. Schools have to be protected so we can save our children. If its about the kids then why stop with guns. Especially when their is a bigger killer out there of children.
    Because one example is acted upon against the will of the child or the parent, while the other is a choice. It's a slippery slope argument and serves no purpose in this debate.

  41. #241
    Fahooglegods's Avatar
    Posts
    5,216
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Right near da beach. Boy-eee!

    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    If you were the target of a drive by would you rather take your chances by being shot at w/a gun or a bow and arrow?
    Surprise, surprise. Once again you do not answer the question.

    Since you seem to like to play childish games I will close with this. I have many firearms and they are everything that you have nightmares about. You know that one where the evil assault rifle with arms, legs, and jagged teeth is chasing you? Yep, I have that exact model. All your crying and teeth gnashing will not change that. Ultimately, I have already won. Oh the sweet taste of victory.
    The following users like this post: eyeballjr


  42. #242
    Dexa's Avatar
    Posts
    3,225
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Moore

    The question I would REALLY like answered is IF they were to outlaw the weapons we own and expect us to turn them in.. how to you answer the economic impact? I wouldnt be one of those people that would say "over my dead body" I would say "here is how much I paid for this shit.. I hope you plan to compensate."

  43. #243
    Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    The question I would REALLY like answered is IF they were to outlaw the weapons we own and expect us to turn them in.. how to you answer the economic impact? I wouldnt be one of those people that would say "over my dead body" I would say "here is how much I paid for this shit.. I hope you plan to compensate."
    i want brutha to come knock on my door and try to take them.....that would be compensation enuf...

  44. #244
    Coach's Avatar
    Posts
    10,956
    Join Date
    Apr 2012

    Gun Laws

    Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    The question I would REALLY like answered is IF they were to outlaw the weapons we own and expect us to turn them in.. how to you answer the economic impact? I wouldnt be one of those people that would say "over my dead body" I would say "here is how much I paid for this shit.. I hope you plan to compensate."
    It's never going to happen. Some weapons may start to be restricted for future sale but the government knows that it would be one of the ugliest and deadliest times in history if they forced people to give up their guns.

  45. #245
    Originally Posted by sheepdogs View Post
    If you were the target of a drive by would you rather take your chances by being shot at w/a gun or a bow and arrow?
    And if I'm standing there with a group of other people and one of them gets hit with the arrow, then we must ban bow and arrows right? And if those are banned and people start killing each other with knives, then those must be banned. And then when people start killing each other with hammers, then those must be banned. And then when all the tools that can be used to kill are banned to the satisfaction of those who fear everything and people start killing with their bare hands, will we start cutting off peoples hands?

    See, the problem isn't the tool, it's the person. If someone is determined to kill as many people as possible for whatever reason, they will do it whether it be with a gun, a knife, a car, a bomb, poisoning, a canister of gasoline and a match, etc. The solution isn't banning this or that. It's finding the reasons as to what drives people to commit mass murders, which is almost always based in mental illness. Fix the mental health care system to ensure that these kind of people get help or can be committed to keep them away from harming other people will do more than banning certain guns ever will.

    And sadly, despite the promises of safety that our government uses to take away our liberties, we will never be completely safe. People will still kill, mass murders will still happen. But if people have weapons, then at least we have a fighting chance to survive. A gun in that school with someone trained to use it, whether it be the principal, a teacher, a security guard or a police officer, etc., it would have given those kids and those adults all a fighting chance to survive. You cannot deny that fact.

  46. #246
    Sancho's Avatar
    Posts
    4,976
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Land of milk and honey

    Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    I dont understand why it was signed? Really? The reason it was written was in order to assure the militia fighters they would be able to keep their weapons after the war (assuming we won, which wasnt a given at the time) in order to help maintain fighting numbers.

    ::Facepalm

  47. #247
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,837
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Precisely the spirit of the amendment. However, the gun grabbing crowd would love the citizenry to defend themselves with rocks and cacti.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    The citizenry cannot put up any meaningful resistance to the federal government at this point, with or without semi-autos.

    The Second Amendment has already been defeated.

  48. #248
    Sancho's Avatar
    Posts
    4,976
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Land of milk and honey

    Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    The citizenry cannot put up any meaningful resistance to the federal government at this point, with or without semi-autos.

    The Second Amendment has already been defeated.
    Fail. This argument has already been obliterated.

  49. #249
    OUMallen's Avatar
    Posts
    7,837
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    City of Nompton

    Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Fail. This argument has already been obliterated.
    Link me to it. I'd love to see how the citizenry of the US could possibly overthrow violently our current federal government.

    If anything, the argument is about whether we can effectively resist our state and local authorities. But with the militarization of local police force over the past couple of decades, that would be pretty tough too.

    The Second Amendment was written hundreds of years ago. The Founding Fathers couldn't imagine what would come to pass with technology. We need to have a realistic conversation about how we need to move forward.

  50. #250
    SoonerLibertarian's Avatar
    Posts
    10,588
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma City

    Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Fail. This argument has already been obliterated.
    How? The government has the bombs that can pretty much do things no citizens can really come up with to mount a defense. The constitution specifically had the 2nd amendment for 2 reasons to defend against others that may harm you and to defend against government.

Similar Threads

  1. No need for Voter ID laws?
    By kssooner in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 25th, 2012, 07:44 AM
  2. Laws to abolish
    By Coach in forum ThunderDome
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: August 15th, 2012, 06:51 PM

Tags for this Thread