Gun Laws

Posted 494 day(s) ago by Boognish64410 Views 3079 Replies
Page 10 of 62 8 9 10 11 12 20 60
    vCash

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Frankly, I don't think a ccl class is enough training for these situations. Would rather have professional tacticians at the schools.
    Exactly.

vCash

Frankly, I don't think a ccl class is enough training for these situations. Would rather have professional tacticians at the schools.
    of course a concealed carry class wouldn't be enough, but there are other, more in-depth classes available.
    2 users like bushmaster06's post: oucub23, SoonerArtillery

vCash

Originally Posted by OUMallen View Post
    Innocent first graders are killed by the dozens every month????????????????????????????????????????????
    No. 26 people are murdered in Chicago every 16 days. No guns allowed.

vCash

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    This is possibly the dumbest, most ignorant statement yet on this thread.

Most teachers don't have the make up necessary? Since most teachers are women, are you suggesting that women don't have the make up to carry a gun? What is it about being a teacher that makes then unqualified in character and constitution to carry a gun?

I'm willing to bet that a shit load of teachers have guns and carry guns when they're not in school. And I had a lot that would be perfectly capable of carrying a gun in school.

Anybody can be trained to handle/carry a gun properly. I've seen women who were scared to ****ing death of guns go to a class to learn to shot and come out of it absolutely loving guns.
    hell, the shooter's mother, a teacher, had a collection of guns.

vCash

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    No. 26 people are murdered in Chicago every 16 days. No guns allowed.
    Oh. So it's kind of NOT like the slaughter of innocent children in an elementary school. Let's not be quite so reckless with our comparisons and analogies?

vCash

I'm willing to bet that a shit load of teachers have guns and carry guns when they're not in school. And I had a lot that would be perfectly capable of carrying a gun in school.
    I'm not so sure a shitload of any particular profession, other than law enforcement, carry guns when not in school/at work.

vCash

Oh. So it's kind of NOT like the slaughter of innocent children in an elementary school. Let's not be quite so reckless with our comparisons and analogies?
    26 murders are 26 murders. Try telling that to the families of the people in Chicago. Nothing reckless here. So if you come on here one day saying one of your adult loved ones was murdered it's okay for us to tell you you casn feel better because at least it wasn't a child?

vCash

26 murders are 26 murders. Try telling that to the families of the people in Chicago. Nothing reckless here. So if you come on here one day saying one of your adult loved ones was murdered it's okay for us to tell you you casn feel better because at least it wasn't a child?
    There's a difference between singular homicides of adults and mass killings of children in what we consider to be safe places, like an elementary school.

Ya know? 26 murders are not 26 murders. I mean, unless you're so unsophisticated that you can't discern the differences, then I guess we can just pretend like they're all the same.

There's a difference between singular homicides of adults and mass killings of children in what we consider to be safe places, like an elementary school.

Ya know? 26 murders are not 26 murders. I mean, unless you're so unsophisticated that you can't discern the differences, then I guess we can just pretend like they're all the same.
    Only in that we're accustomed to one and not the other. I'm 99% certain that all the killings in Chicago aren't adults either.

vCash

is it the exact same thing? of course not, but there are places in this country with strict gun control laws in place that seem to do nothing to curb gun-related violence. they don't cll is chiraq for nothing.

vCash

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    Only in that we're accustomed to one and not the other. I'm 99% certain that all the killings in Chicago aren't adults either.
    Holy ****ing Christ. Now the slaughter of a bunch of 6 year olds in an elementary school in a (non-metropolitan area) and a handful of adults in a premeditated mass kill spree should be treated the same as the murder rate over the span of 16 days (on avg) on the streets in a major metropolitan area.

PLEASE let's not be this dense, PLEASE PLEASE. Your point about the "no gun zones" in Chicago is fine, but don't be a complete and utter ****tard, KC, and say that it's the same as a mass slaying in an elementary school.

Holy hell, you guys never cease to amaze. I don't know how you get through your daily lives sometimes. I can only trust that you guys like to troll constantly on here and are rational adults IRL.

vCash

Must be some kind of hierarchy....

26 babies >26 teens>26 thirty somethings> 26 old farts on the corner...
    2 users like pphilfran's post: bushmaster06, KCRuf/Nek

vCash

Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    Must be some kind of hierarchy....

26 babies >26 teens>26 thirty somethings> 26 old farts on the corner...
    Nice trolling. I almost thought you were serious! LOL!
    The following users like this post: pphilfran

Gun Laws

This is possibly the dumbest, most ignorant statement yet on this thread.

Most teachers don't have the make up necessary? Since most teachers are women, are you suggesting that women don't have the make up to carry a gun? What is it about being a teacher that makes then unqualified in character and constitution to carry a gun?

Anybody can be trained to handle/carry a gun properly. I've seen women who were scared to ****ing death of guns go to a class to learn to shot and come out of it absolutely loving guns.
    It has nothing to do with most teachers being women. I have worked with many teachers and I'd be scared to know that the vast majority of the would/could be carting a gun. Not jut any person needs to be carrying a gun. Lots of people would be to quick to draw the damn thing and you can't draw a gun and not use it.

I work in the public schools and I don't want my fellow teachers packing heat.

vCash

Holy ****ing Christ. Now the slaughter of a bunch of 6 year olds in an elementary school in a (non-metropolitan area) and a handful of adults in a premeditated mass kill spree should be treated the same as the murder rate over the span of 16 days (on avg) on the streets in a major metropolitan area.

PLEASE let's not be this dense, PLEASE PLEASE. Your point about the "no gun zones" in Chicago is fine, but don't be a complete and utter ****tard, KC, and say that it's the same as a mass slaying in an elementary school.

Holy hell, you guys never cease to amaze. I don't know how you get through your daily lives sometimes. I can only trust that you guys like to troll constantly on here and are rational adults IRL.
    You're right. I'm more concerned about the murder rate of the aforementioned metropolis.

vCash

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    It has nothing to do with most teachers being women. I have worked with many teachers and I'd be scared to know that the vast majority of the would/could be carting a gun. Not jut any person needs to be carrying a gun. Lots of people would be to quick to draw the damn thing and you can't draw a gun and not use it.

I work in the public schools and I don't want my fellow teachers packing heat.
    So if you draw your weapon you have to use it? Is this a new rule?

vCash

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    No but if you pull it out you best be prepared to use it.

vCash

The following users like this post: Boognish

vCash

Of course.

vCash

Of course.
    Blame bullets.

vCash

Blame bullets.
    Blame crazy.

Gun Laws

Violent movies kill people

vCash

Gun Laws

That's pretty much what they teach in CCL classes.

Gun Laws

Originally Posted by Dexa View Post
    That's pretty much what they teach in CCL classes.
    This is correct. Draw and aim weapon only with intent to kill. Makes sense imo. Stops people from flashing their guns for no reason.

People who keep blabbing about gun control don't know there is already a LOT of gun control out there. Even in OK. Take a CcW class where they recite you the laws for hours and hours.

vCash

Re: Gun Laws

You're right. I'm more concerned about the murder rate of the aforementioned metropolis.
    Guys, guys, guys. Don't you know that mallen is always right, even when he is wrong or if something is opinion based? He went to law school and all.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

vCash

Re: Gun Laws

Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
    Super, a video from a liberal racist. I will watch that. Second thought, no I won't.

vCash

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Super, a video from a liberal racist. I will watch that. Second thought, no I won't.

Actually he doesn't say "**** ******" once. 1:41 is a new record for him.

Gun Laws

You don't threaten people with guns because that gets you killed. If you pull a gun and don't intend to use it then someone else may intend to use a gun on you.

I can't really see an instance when you'd need to pull a gun and not fire it.

Gun Laws

You don't threaten people with guns because that gets you killed. If you pull a gun and don't intend to use it then someone else may intend to use a gun on you.

It's illegal to threaten anybody with a gun. You may only use a gun to kill someone when there's IMMINENT danger.
    The following users like this post: Coach

vCash

Originally Posted by Fahooglegods View Post
    Guys, guys, guys. Don't you know that mallen is always right, even when he is wrong or if something is opinion based? He went to law school and all.

Not hard being "right" around mental midgets such as yourself. All you have to do is talk about something you REALLY care about, and then your brain shuts down and you spew things you heard on the internet or in church. It's laughable, truly.
    The following users like this post: The

vCash

Nothing wrong with being more concerned with that. It's just that dipshits on here like to spew BS without having to back it up. As though mass murders of children are the same thing as an equal number of gun deaths over time in a major city.

They're obviously different and need to be considered differently and handled differently.

vCash

I know that's the common knowledge, and I am sure it the common knowledge because it's the best practice in real life...but it sure seems like there might be a time where it's better to not shoot if you don't have to shoot?

vCash

Federal law enforcement depending on the circumstance.

I can bet you that the Guardsmen would have had no problem offing groups of armed looters in my neighborhood after the may 3rd tornadoes if fired upon.

Second amendment be damned.
    I can't really say I'd blame them . . . heck, if I was armed and around I might join in with the Guardsmen.

vCash

How many of the teachers that you had do you think should carry a gun in school.
    Back when I went I'm sure a few of them did . . . .

vCash

I'd glady pay a little more in property taxes to train and employee full time retired military/Law enforcement officers to work as security on school properties. Especially elementary and middle schools.
    4 users like Dexa's post: jdmt37, Sooner Bob, SoonerAmongThePack, SpankyNek

vCash

Anybody advocating arming teachers is a hyperreactive moron.

Who's going to pay for that shit? Schools are terribly underfunded anyway, so we're going to take money that could be used for education and spend it on guns and training classes. Terrific idea.

vCash

I'd glady pay a little more in property taxes to train and employee full time retired military/Law enforcement officers to work as security on school properties. Especially elementary and middle schools.
    Every single school? And you're talking multiple people in larger schools. That's a lot of money.

vCash

Every single school? And you're talking multiple people in larger schools. That's a lot of money.
    Agreed, every single school. Federal funds? Federal protection. Yes, it's a lot of money. It has to be redirected from somewhere, and I'd imagine the place to look is Defense spending. Isn't that the ultimate purpose of defense spending anyway? Redirect it into Homeland Security.

vCash

There are 1,815 public schools in Oklahoma.

If you paid the guy $10/hr (which is what, janitor money?) and covered the associated costs, (approx $15/hr, total for this discussion) at 175 8 hour days gives us a cost of $21K a year. Times 1815 gives us a total of $38.1 Million.

And this is at the bare minimum.

vCash

Originally Posted by The View Post

Who's going to pay for that shit? Schools are terribly underfunded anyway, so we're going to take money that could be used for education and spend it on guns and training classes. Terrific idea.
    Totally agree arming teachers isn't the way to go, just like arming pilots wasn't the way to go after 9/11. The correct response, IMHO, is increased security and surveillance, starting with an increased presence of police or armed security at schools.

you don't spend money on guns/training...
    you simply allow teachers/admins to possess weapons in schools who are properly licensed....
    you don't need extensive training to be effective...
    the alternative is what we had in newtown......unarmed teachers trying to stop a shooter or placing their bodies in between shooter and children......how did that work out?
    2 users like 87sooner's post: Cabbage_town_kid, fdubzou

vCash

I would be willing to place money on the the fact that counties with larger schools have more property tax paying individuals. The only place this might not work out so well are in poor, over-populated minority areas... but no one cares about them anyway right?

/sarcasm

vCash

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    you don't spend money on guns/training...
    you simply allow teachers/admins to possess weapons in schools who are properly licensed....
    you don't need extensive training to be effective...
    the alternative is what we had in newtown......unarmed teachers trying to stop a shooter or placing their bodies in between shooter and children......how did that work out?
    Or, better yet, we don't let a single tragedy change our way of life.
    4 users like The's post: Dexa, kssooner, pphilfran, URNotserious

vCash

There are 1,815 public schools in Oklahoma.

If you paid the guy $10/hr (which is what, janitor money?) and covered the associated costs, (approx $15/hr, total for this discussion) at 175 8 hour days gives us a cost of $21K a year. Times 1815 gives us a total of $38.1 Million.

And this is at the bare minimum.
    Looks like you'd have to do a mix of already employed staff and adding new staff to make it effective nationwide. But if you extrapolate that $38 million across all 50 states (grossly under for some, grossly over for others), it'd cost $1.9 billion dollars. That's 0.0028% of our annual defense spending.
    The following users like this post: SpankyNek

Originally Posted by SoonerAmongThePack View Post
    Agreed, every single school. Federal funds? Federal protection. Yes, it's a lot of money. It has to be redirected from somewhere, and I'd imagine the place to look is Defense spending. Isn't that the ultimate purpose of defense spending anyway? Redirect it into Homeland Security.
    instead of groping old women and children at the airport.....maybe they could do something worthwhile and guard a school..
    i know alot of retired military who take jobs stocking shelves at grocery stores as a way to supplement their retirement....those guys would prolly work for cheap to guard a school....

i agree.....personally i wouldn't change anything...
    but allowing teachers to arm themselves would be the most effective....least costly/intrusive alternative

vCash

Well that's never going to happen. Since I can remember paying any attention to current events, federal buildings have barriers to prevent vehicles from getting close, we have to be violated to get on an airplane, and we will probably never have drive on military installations any more.

None of those things will be reversed. How many more band-aids do we need to put over these wounds before everyone feels nice and safe? At what point do you just sit back and say "okay, this is clearly the wrong approach" ?

vCash

If only it were a single tragedy. At an elementary school? Sure. 6 of the 12 deadliest shootings in US history have occurred since 2007.

vCash

Well that's never going to happen. Since I can remember paying any attention to current events, federal buildings have barriers to prevent vehicles from getting close, we have to be violated to get on an airplane, and we will probably never have drive on military installations any more.

None of those things will be reversed. How many more band-aids do we need to put over these wounds before everyone feels nice and safe? At what point do you just sit back and say "okay, this is clearly the wrong approach" ?
    The UK and Australia had large-scale sweeping gun reform after single event mass shootings also. I'm not even really for major gun reform, but SOMETHING has to be done. If this isn't the watershed event that is the catalyst for change, I don't know what would be. Killing 50 elementary school kids?

vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerAmongThePack View Post
    If only it were a single tragedy. At an elementary school? Sure. 6 of the 12 deadliest shootings in US history have occurred since 2007.
    So, what do we do?

Live in a police surveillance state because we're afraid? **** that.

Ban guns? **** that. I can use a firearm safely. Just because there are crazy people is no reason to take that freedom away from me.

Re-examine our mental health policies? Well, that makes sense. Help the people that need it, without infringing on our freedoms or turning schools into TSA checkpoints.
    5 users like The's post: DHF, kssooner, pphilfran, Sooner Bob, TenYards