**Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies**

Posted 675 day(s) ago 2192 Views 27 Replies

OU vs. A&M Cotton Bowl **Oklahoma Sooners vs Texas A&M Aggies**

Oklahoma Sooner take on Texas A&M Aggies in the All College Classic at Chesapeake Energy Arena in OKC at 1:00 PM on ESPN U

vipbox.tv for streams

Let's go Sooners!

Tied at 7 at the under 16 TO

Pledger with his second foul after only 5 minutes.

I am in no way an expert in basketball, but why isn't Buddy Hield starting? And what exactly does Hornbeak bring to the table that he starts and gets so many minutes?

Love the defense lately.

Agreed. That offensive run is really because of good solid defense.

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    I am in no way an expert in basketball, but why isn't Buddy Hield starting? And what exactly does Hornbeak bring to the table that he starts and gets so many minutes?
    hield has had turnover issues ...
    he's doing much better today...
    hornbeak handles the ball well....he plays good defense.....he is a good shooter....and he can get to the rim when he tries.....
    he's going to be a great player before his career is over......but he's a freshman and still has alot to learn

@SoonerHoops
    #Sooners lead Texas A&M 37-33 with 15:53 remaining. Pledger hits 2 free throws to extend OU's lead after Aggies came within 2.

Clark having a good second half.

Sooners up 47-41 with 10:26 remaining.

OU is on a 8-0 run right now and Timeout Texas A&M 9:47 2nd OU 49 Texas A&M 41

SoonerHoops: OU shooting just 38% from field but hold an 18-6 lead in points off turnovers. Aggies 16 turnovers, #Sooners 8.

Clark having his best game of the year by far. Looks confident and aggressive.

Mbaye has done absolutely nothing today. Has he even scored?

Grooms is having a terrible game. Turning the ball over a lot and playing less than stellar defense. I don't think he will play much in the last 7 minutes of this game.

@BChatmon
    #sooners 16 of 17 from the FT line. That's how you offset 4 of 15 from 3... #sooners 62, Texas A&M 51 with 3:34 left

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    hield has had turnover issues ...
    he's doing much better today...
    hornbeak handles the ball well....he plays good defense.....he is a good shooter....and he can get to the rim when he tries.....
    he's going to be a great player before his career is over......but he's a freshman and still has alot to learn
    Not saying you're wrong. But, through 8 games Hornbeak has 11 assists and 13 turnovers and is shooting 44% from the field. Grooms (who I do not think is a great PG) has 20 assists and 7 turnovers.

In looking at stats I see what you mean about Hield. Tons of turnovers. It just seems that he provides a great spark every time he enters the game. Maybe it would be different if he weren't coming off the bench.

Solid win. Cam Clark was outstanding.

Nice win.

FINAL: Oklahoma 64, Texas A&M 54. Osby leads all scorers with 19 points. #Sooners I'll take it

RJ_Young: Cam Clark was named All-College Classic MVP. #Sooners

@SoonerSportsTV
    If you missed @SoonerHoops' 64-54 win over Texas A&M in the All-College Classic, full game video archived on http://www.SoonerSports.tv #Sooners

That was the first game I've been able to see in its entirety this year. (Saw the first half of the Arkansas game as well.) I was impressed by the defense. The offense looked a bit stilted at times (especially in the first half), but they did a nice job of frustrating A&M and creating opportunities on defense.

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    Not saying you're wrong. But, through 8 games Hornbeak has 11 assists and 13 turnovers and is shooting 44% from the field. Grooms (who I do not think is a great PG) has 20 assists and 7 turnovers.

In looking at stats I see what you mean about Hield. Tons of turnovers. It just seems that he provides a great spark every time he enters the game. Maybe it would be different if he weren't coming off the bench.
    grooms is no threat to score....
    if hornbeak can handle the pressure....he will get the minutes over grooms....
    i don't know if it was a match-up issue today or what.....but it appears like the cousins at pg experiment may be over....

if hield can play under control....take care of the ball....i think he would be a no brainer to start over pledger.....
    hield hustles all over the court...he rebounds....he plays great defense....
    especially if clark starts over mbaye....it would be nice to have hield's size for rebounding...

Originally Posted by sooner518 View Post
    Clark having his best game of the year by far. Looks confident and aggressive.

Mbaye has done absolutely nothing today. Has he even scored?

Grooms is having a terrible game. Turning the ball over a lot and playing less than stellar defense. I don't think he will play much in the last 7 minutes of this game.
    mbaye may have lost his starting job today...
    clark had a great game...
    The following users like this post: Bk2X

Last edited by 87sooner; December 17th, 2012 at 03:01 PM.

nice win!
    boomer sooner we are tourney bound this year!!!

I can dream, can't I?

Is that really the trophy for winning one game in OKC?

texas a&m beat kentucky in rupp arena....