Almost had a school shooting in Oklahoma yesterday

Posted 494 day(s) ago 4654 Views 124 Replies
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

WTF is wrong with these kids?
    http://www.news9.com/story/20349085/...-mass-shooting

BARTLESVILLE, Oklahoma - Police said, the day before the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut, they started investigating threats made at Bartlesville High School. The student responsible was arrested Friday morning.
    Bartlesville Police said officials from the school reported that a student had talked about "planning a shooting at the school," Thursday morning, around 10:45 a.m.

Police said the student was 18-year-old Sammie Chavez, who was not at school on Thursday.

Officers began an immediate search Thursday and located Chavez at a residence in Bartlesville early Friday morning.

According to court documents, Chavez sat in the cafeteria on Wednesday and attempted to recruit other students to help him carry out a plan to lure students into a trap in the auditorium, and then open fire. The affidavit states that Chavez planned to chain the doors of the auditorium shut and place bombs near the doors, so they would go off as police tried to enter.

The affidavit also states that Chavez was attempting to get a map of the school and had told a teacher that he recently bought a Colt .45 handgun and had spent a weekend shooting it.

Information taken from a school computer used by Chavez showed him looking up a type of machine gun and researching Columbine High School, the affidavit states.

According to the affidavit, a student witnessed Chavez looking a website on how to build pipe bombs.

Police said officers conducted a search of the residence and arrested Chavez on a complaint of felony threatening to kill.

"We are extremely pleased that our students were never in harm's way. I am proud of our administrative personnel who took what started out as an unsubstantiated rumor, and through their diligent work and exhaustive investigation were able to determine there could be a future threat. We appreciate the excellent relationship we have with our local law enforcement and their swift response to the information we provided them. We will always put the safety of the students of the Bartlesville Public School District first and foremost," said Superintendent Gary W. Quinn.

A parent told News On 6 that they received an email from the school district Friday, describing an "incident" that had happened at the school Thursday. According to the parent, the email gave no more specific information other than that the situation had been handled.

Chavez was booked into jail on a $1 million bond, and if he makes bond and is released, he is ordered to not have any contact with Bartlesville schools or possess any firearms. Chavez is due in court January

vCash

We neeed ta bring Gesus back into tha skools and whatnot.
    The following users like this post: XxSuBLiMexX

Kudos and gracious thanks to the students and staff for responding the way they did, possibly preventing a very bad thing from happening. No way of knowing if the kid would have carried it out, but they made sure it didn't.

Originally Posted by sweetnsourpoke View Post
    Congrads, you just won internet dumb ass of the day award.

vCash

Yu Darvish is cool.

vCash

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    Isn't his name on the trophy?

vCash

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Isn't his name on the trophy?
    Yu mad?

vCash

Yu mad?
    Not about anything concerning you.

vCash

hope this guy gets ****d everyday he's in prison.

Re: Almost had a school shooting in Oklahoma yesterday

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    That was the first thing that Huckabee said after the new town shooting.

God allowed it to happen because he isn't in schools. Therefore had he been in schools, he would've prevented it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by OnlyOneOklahoma View Post
    That was the first thing that Huckabee said after the new town shooting.

God allowed it to happen because he isn't in schools. Therefore had he been in schools, he would've prevented it.

There you go just make shit up.
    4 users like Coach's post: DHF, Julz, The Baconator®, WFSooner

vCash

Crazy, that is where my children will be going to school next year.

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Not making it up. Mike Huckabee literally said the New Town shooting happened because God isn't in public schools.

Not making it up. Mike Huckabee literally said the New Town shooting happened because God isn't in public schools.

I'd love to see that post a link.

I went and looked this up and he never said what you're claiming. He said he wasn't surprised that this happened since God is no longer in our schools. You didn't post a link because you purposely twisted his words.

I'd love to see that post a link.
    We ask why there’s violence in our schools but we’ve systematically removed God from our schools. Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage? Because we’ve made it a place where we do not want to talk about eternity, life, what responsibility means, accountability. That we’re not just going to have to be accountable to the police, if they catch us, but we stand one day before a holy God in judgment.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/huckabee-...-from-schools/

100% not made up nor exaggerated.

vCash

Ugh.

I went and looked this up and he never said what you're claiming. He said he wasn't surprised that this happened since God is no longer in our schools. You didn't post a link because you purposely twisted his words.
    False. His argument was the absence of god in public schools leads to the violence we witness.

It is not hard to see that his argument is actually that God should be in public schools because then this shit won't happen.

Which in turn makes the skeptic ask, why would God be so petty to allow a shooting to happen in a public school if God were capable of preventing it?

If that's his thought process then he's an idiot. I'm sure it is.

If that's his thought process then he's an idiot. I'm sure it is.
    Roger that. I don't think Mike Huckabee is an idiot. I think he spoke poorly and formed a weak argument that anyone should be able to pick apart. And even with any additional clarification, the argument sucks.

God not being in public schools has nothing to do with school violence.

vCash

I saw his follow up to the response some (mainly liberals) had to this he basically was saying the same people asking "where was God?" thru all of this are the same ones who've made every effort to have him or anything Christian related removed from the schools and other government funded institutions. BUT I didn't see it all but it didn't sound like he was blaming it on that, just more of a reflection of our society these days.
    basically: Question: Where was God? Answere: Why do you care now? You didn't want him here in the first place.

vCash

Originally Posted by land burglar73507 View Post
    I saw his follow up to the response some (mainly liberals) had to this he basically was saying the same people asking "where was God?" thru all of this are the same ones who've made every effort to have him or anything Christian related removed from the schools and other government funded institutions. BUT I didn't see it all but it didn't sound like he was blaming it on that, just more of a reflection of our society these days.
    basically: Question: Where was God? Answere: Why do you care now? You didn't want him here in the first place.
    God seems like a **** if he couldn't stop this shit.

Or a vindictive, murderous ****.

Either way, **** that guy. He seems like he sucks and we would do well to stay away from such foolishness.

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III
    vCash

87sooner is already on his way....

The following users like this post: freeeewilly66

Heavenly Father please help these clueless people. Mike Huckabee wasn't talking about God being in schools like some spirit floating around to get between evil and good kids.
    He was talking about making kids aware of the Gospel possibly leading to an understanding or acceptance of the concept. When those things happen then lives are changed. Try it. Secondly, God gave man freewill. He doesn't intervene. He has left the world for his children to figure it out. He will however, give us the tools to cope if we ask for them. Of course to ask, one simultaneously acknowledges him. God gave us the plan to live together through the teachings of his Son, he also gave us the example again his Son, and then he forgave us our human shortcomings, once again through his Son. Read the Bible it's all in there.

People say why should I try and believe there is no proof. We there isn't supposed to be any proof. It's about the decision to believe or having faith.
    2 users like NMSooner's post: 87sooner, Eigenvalue

Guthrie schools have cops in every school today because a student made threats.
    http://www.news9.com/story/20363736/...reat-on-school

GUTHRIE, Oklahoma - A Guthrie high school student has been suspended and will likely face criminal charges after making a threat on Friday.
    The Guthrie police chief will not elaborate on the threat but says they are taking it seriously.
    Other students reported the threat to school personnel on Friday, Guthrie superintendent Dr. Mike Simpson says the students believed the suspect may be a danger.
    In response, the Guthrie police department has stationed officers at all schools and are patrolling the halls.

vCash

Originally Posted by NMSooner View Post
    Heavenly Father please help these clueless people. Mike Huckabee wasn't talking about God being in schools like some spirit floating around to get between evil and good kids.
    He was talking about making kids aware of the Gospel possibly leading to an understanding or acceptance of the concept. When those things happen then lives are changed. Try it. Secondly, God gave man freewill. He doesn't intervene. He has left the world for his children to figure it out. He will however, give us the tools to cope if we ask for them. Of course to ask, one simultaneously acknowledges him. God gave us the plan to live together through the teachings of his Son, he also gave us the example again his Son, and then he forgave us our human shortcomings, once again through his Son. Read the Bible it's all in there.

People say why should I try and believe there is no proof. We there isn't supposed to be any proof. It's about the decision to believe or having faith.
    The wisdom of goat herders from 2000 years ago that was compiled and edited by the ruling elite of the Roman Empire to consolidate their power over the disparate cultures that comprised their conquered empire under a single, unified religion that primarily dictates giving control to authority is going to stop mentally defective gunmen from going on a rampage.

Jesus ****ing christ. What a ****ed up world we live in.
    The following users like this post: Aurora

vCash

Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    Guthrie schools have cops in every school today because a student made threats.
    http://www.news9.com/story/20363736/...reat-on-school
    Yep. And a 3 yo Guthrie boy also died from an accidental gunshot on Saturday.

Originally Posted by The View Post
    God seems like a **** if he couldn't stop this shit.

Or a vindictive, murderous ****.

Either way, **** that guy. He seems like he sucks and we would do well to stay away from such foolishness.
    http://www.landthieves.com/board/sho...l=1#post726782

Roger that. I don't think Mike Huckabee is an idiot. I think he spoke poorly and formed a weak argument that anyone should be able to pick apart. And even with any additional clarification, the argument sucks.

specifically? maybe not...
    but the country/society as a whole....moving to reject God.....does have something to do with violence in schools and everywhere else....

vCash

Dear God, please help us get your message into families in some way other than vicariously through a governmental construct.
    2 users like SpankyNek's post: McRib, OnlyOneOklahoma

vCash

People have the same argument about Darth Vader.

Except we call those people dorks. Why you dorks get a pass is beyond me.

People have the same argument about Darth Vader.

Except we call those people dorks. Why you dorks get a pass is beyond me.
    most things are beyond you

vCash

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    most things are beyond you
    I'm not the one buying a used corvette for a 16 year old.
    3 users like The's post: Aurora, jdmt37, SoCaliSooner

"The", he don't read so good but thinks he's smart. Not so much.

vCash

"The", he don't read so good but thinks he's smart. Not so much.
    Are you saying I'm "not so much smart" because why, exactly?
    The following users like this post: OnlyOneOklahoma

Very sorry "The". You are clearly an intelligent person. I do believe however, that with age you will gain additional wisdom and that wisdom will serve you well. What Mike Huckabee understands is that children thrive literally when exposed to the Gospel of Christ. Supernatural existence aside, I think anyone would have difficulty disputing the perfection of his philosophy. Christ's philosophy that is. I resisted the Gospel for many decades. I think more than anything I was afraid that I would feel even more guilty doing things I already knew were not right. I suggest that even if Christ had never mentioned a word about an afterlife, that study of and an attempt to adhere to his teachings would make this a far better world. Of course, much of his teachings are present in other philosophies and I am sure you adhere to many of them or try to. For example, the "Golden Rule".

vCash

Yeah, The. Waterya, 20?
    You should get the older and the smarter.

Good grief.
    The following users like this post: KumquatOne

vCash

We ask why there’s violence in our schools but we’ve systematically removed God from our schools. Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage? Because we’ve made it a place where we do not want to talk about eternity, life, what responsibility means, accountability. That we’re not just going to have to be accountable to the police, if they catch us, but we stand one day before a holy God in judgment.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/huckabee-...-from-schools/

100% not made up nor exaggerated.
    That's not what you oeriginally posted, it doen't even smaell like what you posted. Go back to you DOC heritage!!!
    The following users like this post: Coach

vCash

Very sorry "The". You are clearly an intelligent person. I do believe however, that with age you will gain additional wisdom and that wisdom will serve you well. What Mike Huckabee understands is that children thrive literally when exposed to the Gospel of Christ. Supernatural existence aside, I think anyone would have difficulty disputing the perfection of his philosophy. Christ's philosophy that is. I resisted the Gospel for many decades. I think more than anything I was afraid that I would feel even more guilty doing things I already knew were not right. I suggest that even if Christ had never mentioned a word about an afterlife, that study of and an attempt to adhere to his teachings would make this a far better world. Of course, much of his teachings are present in other philosophies and I am sure you adhere to many of them or try to. For example, the "Golden Rule".
    Same can be said for Gautama Buddha.
    The following users like this post: Aurora

vCash

Matthew 10:34-36.

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
    35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
    36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Yeah, that guy sounds like a dick.

I'm sorry you seem to regret your life, but there are a growing number of us that don't need superstition and mythology to fill whatever psychological hole may exist in our lives. What you are experiencing with your religion is nothing more than a release of dopamine. That's all it is; a simple, common, everyday chemical reaction in your brain. So keep your condescending bullshit about your "faith" and "gospels". Grownups are talking about real issues in the real world. Go be a fan boy somewhere else. Using school shootings as an excuse to push your religion is sick.

vCash

As usual, the smartest comment about the whole subject came from John R. Coyne, Jr. “There is evil in the world. It’s beyond mental illness, beyond gun control. It is evil.”
    Explain.

PRO-LEVEL: Explain without using the Supernatural.

vCash

What is it about the violence? Name your tune!!! Why is it that this kind of thing is happening in the last 20-30 years? Why did it not happen in 1900s, 1910s, 1920s,......1950s or 60s????? Please give us YOUR reason of WHY? Do you only sit back and complain about others and never provide solutions? Guess who does that, Rush, the FOX boys!!!!

vCash

Originally Posted by zevogolf View Post
    What is it about the violence? Name your tune!!! Why is it that this kind of thing is happening in the last 20-30 years? Why did it not happen in 1900s, 1910s, 1920s,......1950s or 60s????? Please give us YOUR reason of WHY? Do you only sit back and complain about others and never provide solutions? Guess who does that, Rush, the FOX boys!!!!
    Give me one example of where the Supernatural explanation to any phenomenon, ever, has been proven to be the correct explanation.

I'll take your answer off the air.

vCash

Originally Posted by zevogolf View Post
    Because we used to institutionalize most people like these shooters at a very young age.
    People sure as hell kept their guns away from them.
    2 users like SpankyNek's post: Aurora, OnlyOneOklahoma

vCash

Huckabee DID say that.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Because we used to institutionalize most people like these shooters at a very young age.
    People sure as hell kept their guns away from them.
    bullshit

Matthew 10:34-36.

34 Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
    35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
    36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Yeah, that guy sounds like a dick.

I'm sorry you seem to regret your life, but there are a growing number of us that don't need superstition and mythology to fill whatever psychological hole may exist in our lives. What you are experiencing with your religion is nothing more than a release of dopamine. That's all it is; a simple, common, everyday chemical reaction in your brain. So keep your condescending bullshit about your "faith" and "gospels". Grownups are talking about real issues in the real world. Go be a fan boy somewhere else. Using school shootings as an excuse to push your religion is sick.
    do you have any family members who are Jesus freaks?

vCash

Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    do you have any family members who are Jesus freaks?
    Hell no.

We're gentry.

Hell no.

We're gentry.
    then it's not surprising you don't understand matthew 10