Ripkowski to MB?

Posted 685 day(s) ago 1867 Views 15 Replies

Strategy Ripkowski to MB?

Just a thought and if this has been posted before my apologies. Why not try Ripkowski at MLB, he is got the size, strength and hits like a mack truck. If we need him in certain blocking packages move him over to offense. I think it is a great idea. Thoughts?

Get bob on the horn and run it by him
    6 users like 85sooners's post: biglynn, Coach, fdubzou, meandmybutt, NickDangerThirdEye, SoonerMinister

Quentin Chaney to OLB
    5 users like mgsooner's post: ab5sr, chewyhux, melbitoast, WFSooner, Yatahaze

Wouldn't be as effective against the teams we face. We had a LB with his size the past three years and I've been screaming for him to play more, But Bird got to finally play against texas and cased the safety. But, in the open field, tough to cover a tight end or slot.
    The following users like this post: Dr Sleep

Originally Posted by mgsooner View Post
    Quentin Chaney to OLB
    LOL, Memories of Sooner4Christ47.

Bird/Shannon for LB. Rip is a damn good blocking Fat Back.
    The following users like this post: Onikuno

Ripkowski to MB?

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Bird/Shannon for LB. Rip is a damn good blocking Fat Back.
    And I'm sure Bob feels the same way and that's why he's paid the big bucks. He's not going to move a guy that's a stud in one position to another position. Why rob Peter to pay Paul?

Originally Posted by 85sooners View Post
    Get bob on the horn and run it by him
    Already texted him.

Originally Posted by Soonrbakr View Post
    Wouldn't be as effective against the teams we face. We had a LB with his size the past three years and I've been screaming for him to play more, But Bird got to finally play against texas and cased the safety. But, in the open field, tough to cover a tight end or slot.
    I agree i think Bird really would have helped us. Every spread team has many versions of that QB zone read play. In years past we had the luxury of run stuffers in the front four to stop the inside portion most of the time. This year we did not, yet we refused to adjust. If Bird played the MLB, the easy runs--QB draws, QB zone read, any other draw play, and any run up the middle when the offense only has 5 blockers--would have been shut down. The opponent's offensive would then have to resort to spreading us out and trying to run outside and turn the corner on our speedy defense. Bird is effective had stopping screens as well. No i would not want him covering a slot Wr at all or a TE in man coverage, but playing 6 in the box still leaves 5 DBs and another speedy LB to play in coverage.

Originally Posted by Dr Sleep View Post
    I agree i think Bird really would have helped us. Every spread team has many versions of that QB zone read play. In years past we had the luxury of run stuffers in the front four to stop the inside portion most of the time. This year we did not, yet we refused to adjust. If Bird played the MLB, the easy runs--QB draws, QB zone read, any other draw play, and any run up the middle when the offense only has 5 blockers--would have been shut down. The opponent's offensive would then have to resort to spreading us out and trying to run outside and turn the corner on our speedy defense. Bird is effective had stopping screens as well. No i would not want him covering a slot Wr at all or a TE in man coverage, but playing 6 in the box still leaves 5 DBs and another speedy LB to play in coverage.
    I miss watching Travis do that.

Originally Posted by WFSooner View Post
    LOL, Memories of Sooner4Christ47.
    Aka LMT47. That guys was a real dumbshit. Always good for a laugh.

Ripkowski to MB?

Originally Posted by soonerprices View Post
    Why rob Peter to pay Paul?
    Because Mary's a ****.
    The following users like this post: SoCaliSooner

Originally Posted by Soonerside View Post
    Already texted him.
    Bob replied, "Why didn't I think of that? Fans are so intelligent".

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    Bob replied, "Why didn't I think of that? Fans are so intelligent".
    Some fans are intelligent. Some aren't. I've thought it was "cute" when pumpers tell people they are "idiots" when they suggest something and then two or three weeks later the coaches implement that very thing.

Originally Posted by Soonrbakr View Post
    What does "cased the safety mean?"