http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...m-Noble-142741

6'5 275 Offers. Louisiana Monroe
    Rivals 2 star

Film http://www.hudl.com/athlete/501096/highlights/32586393

http://m.newsok.com/oklahoma-footbal...738035/?page=2

^ Says he is considering walking on

'13 C/G Sam Noble

Will take'em!

Anybody named Sam Noble has got to come to OU.
    He can tell the girls that he is so famous that he already has his own museum.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

Maybe thats what this team is missing , more home grown Sooners. You can never measure a man's heart when it comes to sports

'13 C/G Sam Noble

Originally Posted by soonerUthenMe View Post
    Maybe thats what this team is missing , more home grown Sooners. You can never measure a man's heart when it comes to sports
    It's always good to see OU pick up the local guys for sure.

His highlight tape isn't that bad, but I can see why OU wants to walk him on...some of the best players walk-on. Sometimes, they work harder since they don't have a scholly yet and they will turn out to be great players.

Plus, I think OU need some in-state, home grown players. Ones that will understand the tradition Oklahoma brings and work hard to keep that tradition going. I'm not saying current players don't do that right now. I'm just saying an in-state guy will automatically know who he is playing for and what OU means to the State of Oklahoma.

Originally Posted by nlight1 View Post
    It's always good to see OU pick up the local guys for sure.
    I am still boggled at not offering Rob Boyd (Tulsa commit?) who seemed to be chomping at the bit to be a Sooner.

I saw in Saturday's Tulsa World that he committed to UCO Friday night...

Originally Posted by iamokie View Post
    Yep I saw that. Can't blame the kid for taking the finical aid vs walking on

Re: '13 C/G Sam Noble

Originally Posted by iamokie View Post
    I am sure someone will come on here and talk about UCO beating us for a recruit..any takers on who might do such a thing??..I vote Houston

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Originally Posted by pillmanj View Post
    I am sure someone will come on here and talk about UCO beating us for a recruit..any takers on who might do such a thing??..I vote Houston

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Its just a matter of time.

If it really is a financial decision, then I get it, but if he is going just because he wants to get playing time, I think he's making a mistake. I've watched his film and he's good enough to compete at OU. Its not like we are stacked up front and no one has ever broken the lineup as a walk on. Just being on the team and contributing as a scout team player for a few years will be more rewarding than playing for the Broncos of UCO. Plus, if he shows up and does what he's supposed to, he'll be on the travel squad in a few years and likely get a chance at some playing time. It's no secret that we have a ton of attrition on the OL here, so its pretty simple depth chart math to see that he has a pretty good shot.