Honest question

Posted 683 day(s) ago by okiediva3381 Views 90 Replies
Page 2 of 2 1 2
    Originally Posted by Soonerside View Post
    Maturity level, some college players are younger in age. In college they are still watched more close and the pros more of a business mindset.
    But how does that relate to allowing someone who is an admitted killer on your sidelines the week after said murder?
    The following users like this post: McRib

Originally Posted by tennsooner View Post
    Should have made it clear you were a woman, had an avatar showing some cleavage or some clam and most would have fallen all over themselves to help you. So now what was the question now honey?
    Lol he said clam.
    2 users like Tug Medick's post: Clark W. Griswold, Turk

Originally Posted by okiediva View Post
    But how does that relate to allowing someone who is an admitted killer on your sidelines the week after said murder?
    Therapy, he will be locked in a matter of time. I know every one needs a second chance but the Cowboys need to be smarter. If he is going to be involved with the team, put him in a press-box where we can't see him.

Therapy, he will be locked in a matter of time. I know every one needs a second chance but the Cowboys need to be smarter. If he is going to be involved with the team, put him in a press-box where we can't see him.
    And drinks are plentiful there so he can get drunk to drown his sorrow that he just killed someone.

Therapy? I guess I'm lost?

Originally Posted by OUrage View Post
    And drinks are plentiful there so he can get drunk to drown his sorrow that he just killed someone.
    He looked really sad on the sidelines.

iknoryte....I can't believe they haven't fried his ass in the electric chair yet! But honestly, he is not a murderer and you know it......murder is what happend just a couple of days ago in Newtown Ct. Yes I understand he was drunk, and had gotten arrested for drinking and driving before. Jerry Brown, his best friend probably knew that too. Do you get in a car with someone driving it that you know has been drinking....I don't. They both made bad decisions...and it cost both of them. As for him being on the sidelines....that is between him, the owner, his coaches and his teammates.
    4 users like SoonerArtillery's post: Shooter, SoonerTank, Sponge, tennsooner

He looked really sad on the sidelines.
    I know. I was shocked how he was acting and all smiles.

Explain.
    One's a business based all on winning....the other is a football team associated with a higher learning institution where lessons are taught.

Originally Posted by SoonerArtillery View Post
    iknoryte....I can't believe they haven't fried his ass in the electric chair yet! But honestly, he is not a murderer and you know it......murder is what happend just a couple of days ago in Newtown Ct. Yes I understand he was drunk, and had gotten arrested for drinking and driving before. Jerry Brown, his best friend probably knew that too. Do you get in a car with someone driving it that you know has been drinking....I don't. They both made bad decisions...and it cost both of them. As for him being on the sidelines....that is between him, the owner, his coaches and his teammates.
    Xactly. And minimega is ghey.

Brent has no business being on the sideline and he certainly has no business being on the team. As a die hard Dallas fan, I'm embarrassed by it.
    The following users like this post: okiediva

6 users like oorah_okie's post: DHF, DRminimega67, KCRuf/Nek, OUfootball, OUrage, Tug Medick

I'm here for the gangbang

Originally Posted by Tug Medick View Post
    I'm here for the gangbang
    You missed it by like an hour. Have a drink and wait.
    3 users like okiediva's post: Oldnslo, OUrage, Tug Medick

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    This is freakin hilarious. I don't save many of these but i sure did this one.

My understanding is that Brown's mother asked for him to be on the sidelines. So the Cowboys were honoring her request.
    I wasn't crazy about his laughing on the sideline though.

I've heard that the Cowboys are worried that Brent will off himself at some point, so they are trying to keep an eye on him.
    The following users like this post: McRib

Is there No end to this thread because there is no answer? I really have no recollection of OU ever allowing a player to return to the sidelines after causing the death of someone. The Dallas Cowboys are the first team I have seen do this. ALthough my mind may be sugar coating things and blocking it out. Which is why I had a HONEST question with no BS.
    Not only do the Redskins have someone on their sidelines, he starts a lot of games. London Fletcher.

Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma View Post
    My understanding is that Brown's mother asked for him to be on the sidelines. So the Cowboys were honoring her request.
    I wasn't crazy about his laughing on the sideline though.

I've heard that the Cowboys are worried that Brent will off himself at some point, so they are trying to keep an eye on him.
    Like Soonerside said earlier, they could of put in in the press box, out of site out of mind.

Imagine how the family of the young man who was killed feels. Does Cowboys organization not care how his family feels? The move to put him on sidelines is totally out of line.

Like Soonerside said earlier, they could of put in in the press box, out of site out of mind.

Imagine how the family of the young man who was killed feels. Does Cowboys organization not care how his family feels? The move to put him on sidelines is totally out of line.
    His family has known him for a long time - I believe since they were both at illinois. They look at him as another son.

Originally Posted by KumquatOne View Post
    Not only do the Redskins have someone on their sidelines, he starts a lot of games. London Fletcher.
    Say what? What are you talking about?

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    OkieDIVA wasn't clear?

And yeah, women are always treated well here. Right.
    Us guys don't read names.....we look for pictures.

He now is saying Percy Hines. This must be one of the players that the murder occurred well after he left OU and was never on the sidelines after said murder.
    Yeah seems Percy was about 44 years old when that happened. Doubt he suited up for OU too many times after that.

Honest question

The family condoned this actually.

Honest question

Originally Posted by tennsooner View Post
    Us guys don't read names.....we look for pictures.
    See how well that works out? And if you went by avatars, 90% of the board would be female.

Last edited by soonerintn; July 20th, 2013 at 01:14 AM.

Say what? What are you talking about?
    Shit, I was thinking of Leonard Little and confused him with London Fletcher since they played for the Rams at the same time. Anyhow, he's a convicted killer who played in the NFL afterwards. My fault.

Originally Posted by DRminimega67 View Post
    So you're trying to ask if OU has ever had a player that murdered someone at some point?
    You'd think we were Notre Dame.

In before Heisman or Stillwater. Cant ****ing decide at this point.

I like the Cowboys and in no way should he have been on the sideline and to answer the OP question: Not to my knowledge

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    And I should care about this because......

Jeez. Hope I can get to sleep tonight.
    you probably won't sleep at all because you'll be adding to your SEVEN-TEEN-THOUSAND-POSTS! 17,000. ****ing 17,000 posts. How ****ing embarrassing for you. Stop bullying people on the web and get a ****ing girlfriend. Piece of shit.

I think OP's question is completely fine. I'm now curious.

The guy you are arguing with on FB is an asshat, but you are at fault for arguing with him. You'll get much the same response from Cowboy's fans on this board. I think murder is probably not the correct term to use, but the way Cowboy's fans can act like no one died is disgusting. No, no OU player was ever responsible for a players death and then was allowed to suit up the very next week.

I understood your ****ing question but am not sure how the **** we ended the **** up here, but I am not a ****ing Cowboy's fan or ****ing male chauvinist pig.

Originally Posted by eightisgreat View Post
    The guy you are arguing with on FB is an asshat, but you are at fault for arguing with him. You'll get much the same response from Cowboy's fans on this board. I think murder is probably not the correct term to use, but the way Cowboy's fans can act like no one died is disgusting. No, no OU player was ever responsible for a players death and then was allowed to suit up the very next week.

I understood your ****ing question but am not sure how the **** we ended the **** up here, but I am not a ****ing Cowboy's fan or ****ing male chauvinist pig.
    What?

It was the mother of the young who was killed who made the request. She was on the news in Dallas this past week - she has forgiven him, said she understands that they feel they are invincable at this age. that they were best friends and she regards him as family. She is more forgiving than I would have been. She is wise enough to recognize that one life has been destroyed and destroying another won't bring back the first. Again, it would take me a lot longer to get to this point.
    The mom wanted him on the sidelines, not hidden away. Give the Cowboys credit for honoring her request.

SMU had a guy on their sidelines that killed him some hookers.
    2 users like Dan the Man's post: Nuked, soonerintn

Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma View Post
    It was the mother of the young who was killed who made the request. She was on the news in Dallas this past week - she has forgiven him, said she understands that they feel they are invincable at this age. that they were best friends and she regards him as family. She is more forgiving than I would have been. She is wise enough to recognize that one life has been destroyed and destroying another won't bring back the first. Again, it would take me a lot longer to get to this point.
    The mom wanted him on the sidelines, not hidden away. Give the Cowboys credit for honoring her request.
    it was the request of he mom since the two had been really good friends. they roomed together since the gentleman killed couldn't afford his own place due to economics of being a practice squad player. however, the cowboys as an organization has to be bigger than that. having him on the sidelines pours salt in the wound if anyone that's every had a friend or family hurt or killed by a drunk driver. he should have never been at the game despite the request of the mom.

Originally Posted by DirtySouth_Sooner View Post
    it was the request of he mom since the two had been really good friends. however, the cowboys as an organization has to be bigger than that. having him on the sidelines pours salt in the wound if anyone that's every had a friend or family hurt or killed by a drunk driver. he should have never been at the game despite the request of the mom.
    Agreed. It was bullshit that the Cowboys allowed him on the sidelines.
    The following users like this post: Houston Cougar

Not that I know of. Several years ago a couple of defensive backs were injured in a car wreck. One recovered from his injuries enough to play a limited amount of time in his senior year. The other could not continue playing college ball. I think they were Stansberry and Thompson.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Leonard Little
    At least he learned his lesson after the wreck and never drove dunk again.

He says with heavy sarcasm
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Originally Posted by soonerintn View Post
    I don't even remember Hines. Looks like he was a nobody at OU and transferred to Houston.
    Yes. he was a mid 80s player from Lubbock, Tx. His dad was a famous track coach in Lubbock.

Originally Posted by Tug Medick View Post
    That and then stood on the ****ing sideline for a game after the ****ing fact.
    Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up on this thread !!

Originally Posted by Whiskey&Pills View Post
    Sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up on this thread !!
    You can ****ing say that again.