Another thread gave me an idea.

Posted 712 day(s) ago 1758 Views 35 Replies

I read this thread and had an idea for a different twist.
    http://www.landthieves.com/board/sho...14-Nfl-to-NCAA

Pick one opposing player to "draft" from each team to make OU better this year.

UTEP:
    FAMU:
    ND:
    BU:
    TCU:
    TECH:
    TEXAS:
    OSU:
    KU:
    KSU:
    ISU:
    WVU:

UTEP:no one
    FAMU:no one
    ND: Teo
    BU:Williams
    TCU:Fields
    TECH:Waddle
    TEXAS: Okafor
    OSU: don't want anyone
    KU: no one
    KSU: Brown
    ISU: Knott
    WVU:Tavon Austin

Originally Posted by S11-Baylor View Post
    I read this thread and had an idea for a different twist.
    http://www.landthieves.com/board/sho...14-Nfl-to-NCAA

UTEP: Running Back
    FAMU: ha
    ND: Ti'oe (sp)
    BU: idk?
    TCU: DE
    TECH: haha
    TEXAS: BWAHAHAHAHAHAH
    OSU: Sharp
    KU:HAHA
    KSU: Hubert
    WVU:Austin

Boulder nailed it.

/thread

UTEP: Probably the RB just for best player available
    FAMU: ????
    ND: Their nose tackle is my pick. Already going to take 2 LB's and getting another impact DL will help more than benching another LB pick.
    BU: Probably ends up being Cyril Richardson who may declare early for the NFL that can play G or T. Williams is good but OU is stacked at WR and Richardson would make the most impact.
    TCU: Fields or Maponga at DE. Dynamite pass rusher.
    TECH: Kerry Hyder at DT is a good interior pass rush guy.
    TEXAS: Okafor at DE
    OSU: Quinn Sharp- That big of a leg is a weapon
    KU: Tanner Hawkinson is a quality OL who can play multiple spots. Possible starter or quality backup
    KSU: Arthur Brown at LB
    ISU: Knott or Klein at LB
    WVU: Tavon Austin
    aggy: Joekel at tackle

I would take the tight end from Tech. I think he would be an upgrade over the zero tight ends we play.

UTEP: no one
    FAMU:no one
    ND: Teo
    BU:Lache
    TCU: Fields
    TECH:Moore
    OSU: Calvin Barnett
    KU: Lol No
    KSU: Brown
    WVU: Austin
    The following users like this post: SoonerRO

UTEP: none
    FAMU: none
    ND: Louis Nix (NG)
    BU: Terrance Williams
    TCU: DeVonte Fields
    TECH: LaAdrian Waddle
    TEXAS: Kenny Vaccaro
    OSU: Lane Taylor
    KU: none
    KSU: Arthur Brown
    ISU: Jake Knott
    WVU: Tavon Austin

ND: Eifert

Get our LBs from KSU and ISU as stated above.

I want anyone's DTs. Don't even care who.

Originally Posted by NateHeupelESQ View Post
    TEXAS: Kenny Vaccaro
    You serious, Clark?

Originally Posted by Widescreen View Post
    You serious, Clark?
    Deadly serious. Vaccaro is easily as good in coverage as Jefferson, and he's almost as athletic. He's a beast in run support, and he can cripple WR's coming over the middle. Put nicely, Manny Diaz probably cost him 2 or 3 million dollars with that ridiculous "fire zone" scheme. What Vaccaro is capable of in a competent secondary scheme would make him a picture perfect counterpoint to Tony Jefferson.
    The following users like this post: S11-Baylor

BAMA: The whole defense.

Deadly serious. Vaccaro is easily as good in coverage as Jefferson, and he's almost as athletic. He's a beast in run support, and he can cripple WR's coming over the middle. Put nicely, Manny Diaz probably cost him 2 or 3 million dollars with that ridiculous "fire zone" scheme. What Vaccaro is capable of in a competent secondary scheme would make him a picture perfect counterpoint to Tony Jefferson.
    The two of them would be a tough combo at safety to deal with. With the Texas pick it's pretty much Okafor, Vaccaro, Byndom, or a WR/RB guy depending on which team you are drafting for.

The two of them would be a tough combo at safety to deal with. With the Texas pick it's pretty much Okafor, Vaccaro, Byndom, or a WR/RB guy depending on which team you are drafting for.
    I thought quite a bit about Byndom, but he just hasn't impressed me this year. Even when alone in coverage, he's the same guy he was last year for the most part. Would've loved Okafor, but Fields fits the bill just as well.

Really surprised more people didn't want Louis Nix from ND.

I'm drafting all placekickers

I thought quite a bit about Byndom, but he just hasn't impressed me this year. Even when alone in coverage, he's the same guy he was last year for the most part. Would've loved Okafor, but Fields fits the bill just as well.

Really surprised more people didn't want Louis Nix from ND.
    That's because Te'o is more popular. Nix is by far the best (thank God he has decided to return and graduate). Te'o's job is much easier because of Nix. Not many people know this, but if you watch the Pitt game, ND was having trouble stopping the run until the 4th quarter. Why? Playing down to competition? Maybe. OR.......perhaps because Nix was out with the flu unil he decided his teammates needed him in the 4th quarter. After that, no more running on ND. He's a huge asset to the team, as well as Stephon Tuitt. D line is where it all starts and ND has one of the best.

You're a smart man/woman.

My problem with that pick is that Jefferson and Vaccaro are basically the same play, but Jefferson is the better version. If we were going to make a move at safety, I'd rather get a speedster at free safety and move Tony to strong safety.

Otherwise, my list would be the same as yours, but I'd take an interior lineman from Baylor. With our WR corps, plus the addition of Austin, Williams would jut be a luxury that wouldn't make much difference.

Since there's only so many times this can be done, I'll go the opposite route. Excluding UTEP, FAMU and KU, because they'd need more than one player to make a difference, I'll pick OU players that other teams would draft.

Kansas State: Justin Brown
    Texas Tech: Kenny Stills
    Texas: Blake Bell
    Notre Dame: Demontre Hurst
    Iowa State: Landry Jones
    Baylor: Kenny Stills
    West Virginia: Tony Jefferson
    OSU: Demontre Hurst
    TCU: Trey Millard

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post
    Since there's only so many times this can be done, I'll go the opposite route. Excluding UTEP, FAMU and KU, because they'd need more than one player to make a difference, I'll pick OU players that other teams would draft.

From a BU perspective Stills would be way down the list. Jefferson, D-line, and Colvin would be my potential draftees if I was drafting off BU's schedule. We have a great WR corps that Stills wouldn't improve that much over and defensive issues where the right picks would make worlds of difference.

Originally Posted by oorah_okie View Post

kstate Millard
    tech Saunders
    texas Landry Jones
    ND Landry Jones
    Iowas st Landry Jones
    Baylor Tony Jefferson
    WVU Colvin
    OSU Colvin
    TCU Lane Johnson

Forgot about BU's defensive woes. I think Texas would rather have Bell than Jones as he'd fit in more with their past offensive schemes. I can't remember if it was the CB or S position, but ND was really thin depth wise in the secondary so I'd assume they'd take Hurst or Colvin.

Could we draft Wickline from OSU?

Originally Posted by TheLadiesMike View Post
    ND: Eifert

Get our LBs from KSU and ISU as stated above.
    Eifert's definitely a man.

ksu=Klein

I could then form my most awesome offensive package....the "Klein-Dozer" package.

Originally Posted by BoulderSooner View Post
    kstate Millard
    tech Saunders
    texas Landry Jones
    ND Landry Jones
    Iowas st Landry Jones
    Baylor Tony Jefferson
    WVU Colvin
    OSU Colvin
    TCU Lane Johnson
    disagree...they got a good one there....I would think Sanders here

UTEP: **** them
    FAMU: LOL!
    ND: Golson
    BU: Lache
    TCU: Boykin
    TECH:Seth Doege
    OSU: JW
    KU: They all suck
    KSU: Optimus Klein
    ISU: N0body
    WVU: Geno

Lots of QB's... And I'll take anyone of those over Landry anyday of the week.

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Madsen View Post
    UTEP: **** them
    FAMU: LOL!
    ND: Golson
    BU: Lache
    TCU: Boykin
    TECH:Seth Doege
    OSU: JW
    KU: They all suck
    KSU: Optimus Klein
    ISU: N0body
    WVU: Geno

Lots of QB's... And I'll take anyone of those over Landry anyday of the week.
    gosh damn dude...your act is old.

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    gosh damn dude...your act is old.
    LOL... No acting here. I hate him like Cowboy fans hate Romo.

Originally Posted by Mad Dog Madsen View Post
    LOL... No acting here. I hate him like Cowboy fans hate Romo.
    yep I got it. lol

Drafting sooners for the other side would depend on who they took from other teams on their schedule. Example BU might pass on Jefferson to take a DL if they had two other safeties to pick but few other quality DL. That said... my guesses:

UTEP: Justin Brown
    FAMU: David King as he can be T or DE
    ND: Landry or Justin Brown. Decent run game, very good D, needs a passing attack and either would upgrade it.
    BU: Walker, King, Colvin, or Jefferson. Defense needs more talent up front or in the secondary. LB's and Nickel are serviceable.
    TCU: Landry or whoever is the best OT.
    TECH: Best OG or a DE like King or Ndulue/Washington. Those are their weakest spots. DT, CB, S are pretty decent for them. G is the only significant weak point on offense.
    TEXAS: Walker, Jefferson, or Wort/Nelson. Desperately need LB help but Walker & Jefferson meet needs.
    OSU: D-Line all the way. Walker or King.
    KU: Landry. KU DESPERATELY needed a decent QB.
    KSU: Either Jefferson, Stills, Justin Brown, or Damien Williams. Each is a luxury upgrade for a roster with an almost infinite amount of B+ players to where there aren't any huge holes but few if any stars.
    ISU: Landry doesn't fit their QB read run game. This team needs gamebreakers outside so Stills, Saunders, or Brown would be my pick. Williams is a bigger luxury pick as their RB's are much more dangerous than their wideouts.
    WVU: Jefferson, King, or Colvin. WVU needs defense bad.
    Aggy: Jefferson or Colvin. A&M has a solid front 7 but DB's are burnable for them.

Drafting sooners for the other side would depend on who they took from other teams on their schedule. Example BU might pass on Jefferson to take a DL if they had two other safeties to pick but few other quality DL. That said... my guesses:

UTEP: Justin Brown
    FAMU: David King as he can be T or DE
    ND: Landry or Justin Brown. Decent run game, very good D, needs a passing attack and either would upgrade it.
    BU: Walker, King, Colvin, or Jefferson. Defense needs more talent up front or in the secondary. LB's and Nickel are serviceable.
    TCU: Landry or whoever is the best OT.
    TECH: Best OG or a DE like King or Ndulue/Washington. Those are their weakest spots. DT, CB, S are pretty decent for them. G is the only significant weak point on offense.
    TEXAS: Walker, Jefferson, or Wort/Nelson. Desperately need LB help but Walker & Jefferson meet needs.
    OSU: D-Line all the way. Walker or King.
    KU: Landry. KU DESPERATELY needed a decent QB.
    KSU: Either Jefferson, Stills, Justin Brown, or Damien Williams. Each is a luxury upgrade for a roster with an almost infinite amount of B+ players to where there aren't any huge holes but few if any stars.
    ISU: Landry doesn't fit their QB read run game. This team needs gamebreakers outside so Stills, Saunders, or Brown would be my pick. Williams is a bigger luxury pick as their RB's are much more dangerous than their wideouts.
    WVU: Jefferson, King, or Colvin. WVU needs defense bad.
    Aggy: Jefferson or Colvin. A&M has a solid front 7 but DB's are burnable for them.
    I would take Landry over Golson RIGHT NOW; just not past this year (obviously even if LJ had a year left). Golson is a RS Freshman and that's the ONLY reason. The upside to this kid is huge. Davarius Daniels will be coming along next year as well, as well as T.J. Jones. Irish offense will be much much better next year with who they have. As an ND fan, although the defense has performed at an awesome level, I would take an OU defensive back. But you have to remember, ND's d backfield are all newbies due to injury. Next year the starters will be back.

UTEP: The bottle of mustard
    FAMU: The Drum Major
    ND: The refs
    BU: The idiot fan that sat next to me and wouldn't shut up about LAST YEAR.
    TCU: This TCU cheerleader: http://videobam.com/YoERL NSFW
    TECH: This guy http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/s...M2412/ttbr.jpg
    TEXAS: no body.
    OSU: Quinn Sharp's hair
    KU: Charlie Weis's cane
    KSU: The old man's glasses
    ISU: The mic'd up LB
    WVU: The musket

Originally Posted by Bennie Owen View Post
    UTEP: The bottle of mustard
    FAMU: The Drum Major
    ND: The refs
    BU: The idiot fan that sat next to me and wouldn't shut up about LAST YEAR.
    TCU: This TCU cheerleader: http://videobam.com/YoERL NSFW
    TECH: This guy http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/s...M2412/ttbr.jpg
    OSU: Quinn Sharp's hair
    KU: Charlie Weis's cane
    KSU: The old man's glasses
    ISU: The mic'd up LB
    WVU: The musket
    Don't quit your day job.

Originally Posted by Bennie Owen View Post
    Oh come on! you gotta at least take her.
    The following users like this post: OUCarlton

Originally Posted by Jbaker View Post
    My problem with that pick is that Jefferson and Vaccaro are basically the same play, but Jefferson is the better version. If we were going to make a move at safety, I'd rather get a speedster at free safety and move Tony to strong safety.

Otherwise, my list would be the same as yours, but I'd take an interior lineman from Baylor. With our WR corps, plus the addition of Austin, Williams would jut be a luxury that wouldn't make much difference.
    They ARE pretty much the same player. In a secondary like OU's, where all the pressure is on the DB's in coverage, having two safeties on the field who can cover legitimate slot WR/RB threats and deliver hits in run support would be absolutely invaluable. The nickelback gets freed up to blitz a whole lot more often.
    The following users like this post: S11-Baylor