OU Ranked (sort of)

Posted 611 day(s) ago 1331 Views 24 Replies

OU Ranked (sort of)

The following users like this post: Irish_Sooner

gotta start somewhere, BOOMER!!

Didn't we do this about the same time last season?

Same bat time, same bat channel.

Okay either one of these coaches ranked us #24 or two of them ranked us #25

The USA TODAY Sports Board of Coaches is made up of 31 head coaches at Division I institutions. All are members of the National Association of Basketball Coaches. The board for the 2012-13 season:

-Tommy Amaker, Harvard
    -Tevester Anderson, Jackson State
    -Ronnie Arrow, South Alabama
    -Randy Bennett, Saint Marys
    -Eddie Biedenbach, North Carolina-Asheville
    -Jim Boeheim, Syracuse
    -Rick Byrd, Belmont
    -Tim Cluess, Iona
    -Keith Dambrot, Akron
    -Steve Donahue, Boston College
    -Scott Drew, Baylor
    -Matt Driscoll, North Florida
    -Steve Fisher, San Diego State
    -Bruiser Flint, Drexel
    -Tim Floyd, Texas-El Paso
    -Mark Fox, Georgia
    -Ben Jacobson, Northern Iowa
    -Rob Jeter, Wisconsin-Milwaukee
    -Mike McConathy, Northwestern State
    -Bob McKillop, Davidson
    -Ron Fang Mitchell, Coppin State
    -Matt Painter, Purdue
    -Dave Paulsen, Bucknell
    -Saul Phillips, North Dakota State
    -Steve Pikiell, Stony Brook
    -Randy Rahe, Weber State
    -Herb Sendek, Arizona State
    -Shaka Smart, Virginia Commonwealth
    -Andrew Toole, Robert Morris
    -DonVerlin, Idaho
    -Bob Williams, UC-Santa Barbara
    I am assuming the ballots are not made public ... I wonder which coach(es) either secretly love us or Coach Kruger? Guesses?

My guess ... I suppose will be that Scott Drew voted us #24 so it will look better if we could get ranked by the time we play his Baylor team ... Really though who knows

My second guess is that it was Coach Clue(le)ss that voted us #24 ... OMG I need to sleep lol ... En esa nota jajaja Buenas noches

We had only lost 1 game up to this point last year, however, this team has played a tougher schedule than last especially Gonzaga. After watching other Big 12 schools, I still feel good about squeaking our way into the dance.

Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    We had only lost 1 game up to this point last year, however, this team has played a tougher schedule than last especially Gonzaga. After watching other Big 12 schools, I still feel good about squeaking our way into the dance.
    I admittedly did not see the aTm game but I just simply do not see us as a Tourney team. 17 or 18 wins, slightly better than last season.

I could definitely see that happening, however, many games last year we were in or leading at half and just couldn't finish due to depth. I am banking on top 4 in conference. Just looking over the conference, the teams are not very strong this year and I feel every game is a toss up.

OU Ranked (sort of)

Originally Posted by suncoastsooner View Post
    Didn't we do this about the same time last season?

Same bat time, same bat channel.
    Go **** yourself, pessimist.

Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    WE'LL TAKE IT!

OU Ranked (sort of)

And that's the end of that.

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    Go **** yourself, pessimist.
    I know... Sorry. Should have enjoyed it.

OU Ranked (sort of)

I know... Sorry. Should have enjoyed it.
    Look, I'm not going to come after you this time because you've stated you've had serious health issues. But, stereotypes happen for a reason. You really do seem to only show up when it suits you. That being said, I don't wish you (or anyone else) bad health.

Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    Look, I'm not going to come after you this time because you've stated you've had serious health issues. But, stereotypes happen for a reason. You really do seem to only show up when it suits you. That being said, I don't wish you (or anyone else) bad health.

I have been here all season. Gave opinions. I missed A game and kept my mouth shut because I didn't see it. Would I have been a better or worse fan for stating an opinion about a game I didn't see?

So um that was a ****ing terrible pathetic loss last night but I still think we have a chance at being top 4 in conference.

S F. Austin is actually a good team(of course we should have won still) but again FWIW they smoked TU 57-41 as well as won vs USD and FIU.

Oh well hopefully we got that bad shooting, etc. out of our system and will go back to getting ready for Conf. play

Originally Posted by Irish_Sooner View Post
    S F. Austin is actually a good team(of course we should have won still) but again FWIW they smoked TU 57-41 as well as won vs USD and FIU.

Oh well hopefully we got that bad shooting, etc. out of our system and will go back to getting ready for Conf. play
    More excuses.

More excuses.
    Not really as I specifically stated that despite what I was saying we still should have won. I was simply pointing out that SFA is better than one would think if they just went off of name recognition.

Not really as I specifically stated that despite what I was saying we still should have won. I was simply pointing out that SFA is better than one would think if they just went off of name recognition.
    Same song that was played after Texas-Arlington and UTEP. Go look at their schedules. I'm not buying into the bullshit. Tell yourselfwhatever you like to make yourself better but I will live in the realm of reality.

Same song that was played after Texas-Arlington and UTEP. Go look at their schedules. I'm not buying into the bullshit. Tell yourselfwhatever you like to make yourself better but I will live in the realm of reality.
    But I feel like my opinion is the realistic one ... How will we ever settle this?

But I feel like my opinion is the realistic one ... How will we ever settle this?
    We won't. You'll continue to think winning by slim margins (and even sometimes losing) against mediocre to bad teams is a good sign. I however will not.

We won't. You'll continue to think winning by slim margins (and even sometimes losing) against mediocre to bad teams is a good sign. I however will not.
    Haha I do not believe I ever said losing is/was a "good sign" as neither of us are "Aggies" despite w/e disagreement might be in play ...

I just hope that offensive performance that was on display vs SFA(or one like it) does not show it's ugly head again this season as we draw closer to heading into Conf. play. If we can get our shit together I truly think(and even you might not disagree? lol) that we have the ability to win each time out(obviously this is excepting games vs KU) which could not have been said about us last season during Big XII play ...

This team's athleticism/size is actually better than a lot of good teams in what is a watered down NCAAB field
    The following users like this post: suncoastsooner

You know the sun shines 25 hours a day in Irishville.

(I stole that line from KC)

Originally Posted by Stinger_1066 View Post
    You know the sun shines 25 hours a day in Irishville.

(I stole that line from KC)
    lol okay if you have not seen *my criticisms then IDK what to say but posting that this OU team has a chance in all of our Conf. games except vs KU isn't all that "out there" I don't think ... Is it?

*- Look for posts about Kenny Stills, James Patton, Josh H. as play calling OC

Haha I do not believe I ever said losing is/was a "good sign" as neither of us are "Aggies" despite w/e disagreement might be in play ...

I just hope that offensive performance that was on display vs SFA(or one like it) does not show it's ugly head again this season as we draw closer to heading into Conf. play. If we can get our shit together I truly think(and even you might not disagree? lol) that we have the ability to win each time out(obviously this is excepting games vs KU) which could not have been said about us last season during Big XII play ...

This team's athleticism/size is actually better than a lot of good teams in what is a watered down NCAAB field
    I'm just busting your chops.