Lamb Of God’s Randy Blythe Disgusted By Disrespectful Oregon Audience

Posted 641 day(s) ago 1491 Views 44 Replies

During Lamb Of God‘s concert at the Armory in Medford, Oregon Friday night, frontman Randy Blythe requested one minute of silence in remembrance of the children lost in the Newtown, Connecticut tragedy earlier that morning.

While the majority of the crowd quietly paid their respects, a disturbing number of concertgoers made noise, talked and generally disrupted the otherwise peaceful moment.

After the concert, a shaken Blythe took to Instagram to express his disgust for those that couldn’t “shut up for sixty lousy seconds.”

“We, lamb of god, asked for sixty seconds of silence during our 1st set break to honor the dead children & teachers in CT. It seemed appropriate- it’s a ****ed national TRAGEDY. Most of the crowd complied, but several didn’t, some cursing & even laughing. I wanted to walk off stage.

I am so disgusted right now- if you were one of those who wouldn’t shut up for SIXTY LOUSY SECONDS to honor twenty MURDERED CHILDREN- go look in the mirror. You are looking at a piece of sh**.

Your parents are obviously pieces of sh** too, because they raised you to behave with no dignity. To the fans who were respectful, I thank you. I am also sorry you have so many ****ed ***holes in your community.

You should do something about that. This sh** would not have happened at a lamb of god show where I live, & that is a FACT. We have more manners. I am just disgusted. Thoroughly DISGUSTED. You yelling people give metal a bad name-screw that, you give humanity a bad name.

Grow up. Your parents should have beaten some manners into you, you savage little beasts. With that I will go to bed, say a prayer for those suffering, & hope for a better day tomorrow, because tonight SUCKED.”

http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2012/12/17/...egon-audience/
    3 users like kssooner's post: AcousticSoup, BillyOcean, Peach Fuzz

There's a lot of ****s in Oregon.
    2 users like drumhead23us's post: Peach Fuzz, Sooner Showtime

I bet Gordon Riese was at that concert.

I never knew the Lamb of God had such colorful language....... Nice GD in there.

I like the fact that he stood his ground and said his part, but he's at a metal show. Those people were probably hammered drunk and were just waiting for them to launch into "Desolation" or something.
    The following users like this post: The

Originally Posted by AcousticSoup View Post
    I like the fact that he stood his ground and said his part, but he's at a metal show. Those people were probably hammered drunk and were just waiting for them to launch into "Desolation" or something.
    or they were just ****ing ****s with no dignity and respect. There's a bunch of them in this country.
    2 users like kssooner's post: Jason, xunil

A heavy metal band ranting about having "manners". I have seen it all now. Rock and roll, man. Fight the power.
    The following users like this post: ThievingMagpie

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    or they were just ****ing ****s with no dignity and respect. There's a bunch of them in this country.
    Not been to many metal shows have ya?

There are tons of guys that huffed glue or spray paint and are shitfaced and just wanna hear metal and puke. They can barely walk, let alone be coherent enough to listen to a guy talking about a tragedy on stage and have the bearings to comply with a simple request for sixty seconds.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's like going to McDonald's and asking them to make you a porterhouse with grilled asparagus and a nice red wine.

Perhaps Lamb of God's next album can have a song about having proper manners. Maybe another one about table etiquette.

Maybe their mikes sucked and had distortion and some of the crowd had no idea what was going on.

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    But he didn't know whose show he was at because he couldn't see them.

Originally Posted by Barry Zuckercorn View Post
    But he didn't know whose show he was at because he couldn't see them.
    His ticket said "obs view."
    The following users like this post: traxx

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I feel like people are only looking at this situation from one angle.
    2 users like Jbaker's post: IndySooner, Jason

Not been to many metal shows have ya?

There are tons of guys that huffed glue or spray paint and are shitfaced and just wanna hear metal and puke. They can barely walk, let alone be coherent enough to listen to a guy talking about a tragedy on stage and have the bearings to comply with a simple request for sixty seconds.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's like going to McDonald's and asking them to make you a porterhouse with grilled asparagus and a nice red wine.
    I understand that, but this country is also filled with ****s with no dignity and respect. I'm sure some of them attend metal concerts shitfaced in every way possible.

I understand that, but this country is also filled with ****s with no dignity and respect. I'm sure some of them attend metal concerts shitfaced in every way possible.
    Meh, go into a bar at 1 AM and try to do something like this.

"Moments of Silence" aren't really something that's going to work at a metal show. Or a strip club.
    4 users like The's post: AcousticSoup, Clark W. Griswold, lobster999, OUMallen

Hell, in Oregon it's illegal to pump your own gas. You have to pay a little extra for some eggplant to pump it for you. That would piss anyone off.

Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    Hell, in Oregon it's illegal to pump your own gas. You have to pay a little extra for some eggplant to pump it for you. That would piss anyone off.
    This is actually true. I couldn't believe it when I went there.

Re: Lamb Of God’s Randy Blythe Disgusted By Disrespectful Oregon Audience

Wtf?

That sounds ****ing awesome.
    The following users like this post: AcousticSoup

I understand that, but this country is also filled with ****s with no dignity and respect.
    I'd enjoy being a fly on the wall with you and Randy Blythe in conversation concerning this situation.

Pretty sure New Jersey is the same way.

Prague's Daniel Nosek Killed by Disrespectful Randall Blythe sorry couldn't resist

Originally Posted by caldie View Post
    Pretty sure New Jersey is the same way.
    It is.

This thread is no longer about the Lamb of God guy....

Why the hell are self service gas pumps illegal in Oregon and Jersey?

He took to Instagram? He don't mess around mang

Idk. Creeps me out when i see a ME dude in NY pumping my gas. I don't feel it's fair. I mean we killed his family for that gas; he don't have to pump my gas.

But they are committed.

When I was there the guy at the pump said it was because some idiot blew themselves up at a pump and they made it a law you couldn't pump your own gas. Kinda weird. Like a lot of Oregon.

Originally Posted by drumhead23us View Post
    When I was there the guy at the pump said it was because some idiot blew themselves up at a pump and they made it a law you couldn't pump your own gas. Kinda weird. Like a lot of Oregon.
    I googled it. Apparently it's been that way since the 40s because they didn't want untrained people handling a flammable liquid.

I googled it. Apparently it's been that way since the 40s because they didn't want untrained people handling a flammable liquid.
    I was nearly assaulted by the guy manning a gas station a hundred or so miles east of Portland in the mountains. This was my first time filling in Oregon, as we had topped off in WA previously. I stuck my card in, and started pumping, when a twenty something kid came running out, yelling "What are you doing?"

He was out of breath by the time he got to me, and said we both could get in trouble if a cop saw me.

Instagram? Did he take a picture of all the text and then post it?

Also, Lamb of God blows

Does the same law apply to jerking off?

I'm getting tired of "pumping my own gas."

Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
    Instagram? Did he take a picture of all the text and then post it?

Also, Lamb of God blows
    Kids nowadays. Go back to your Creed and Slipknot.

Anyone catch LoG when they were here in Nov? Good show

I've never listened to Lamb of God... I thought they were a Christian rock band.

Shitty name for a band, I think.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    I was nearly assaulted by the guy manning a gas station a hundred or so miles east of Portland in the mountains. This was my first time filling in Oregon, as we had topped off in WA previously. I stuck my card in, and started pumping, when a twenty something kid came running out, yelling "What are you doing?"

He was out of breath by the time he got to me, and said we both could get in trouble if a cop saw me.
    That's exactly how I learned about it. I asked him "seriously?" probably four or five times before I realized he wasn't ****ing with me.

Originally Posted by SpankyNek View Post
    Did he also tell you if the new phone books were here?
    The following users like this post: Boognish

"He hates these cans!"
    The following users like this post: Boognish

Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Did he also tell you if the new phone books were here?
    My mind immediately went to that when he guy was running at me...HE HATES THESE CANS!!!

I was born in New Jersey. Moved to Oklahoma in 8th grade. I had never seen a self-service pump until then (or at least wasn't old enough to remember one).

Originally Posted by soonerdm View Post
    Kids nowadays. Go back to your Creed and Slipknot.

Anyone catch LoG when they were here in Nov? Good show
    I saw Lamb of God with Slipknot.

That count?

wow...randy blythe is disgusted.....this is huge news.....
    and oh so ironic

That count?
    I bet that was an interesting crowd

That count?
    I saw the same show. Outdoors at the zoo, right? I remember being impressed with the drumming (obviously) but not really much else. The events leading up to their set may or may not have played a part in how much i remember.

I saw the same show. Outdoors at the zoo, right? I remember being impressed with the drumming (obviously) but not really much else. The events leading up to their set may or may not have played a part in how much i remember.
    I can't remember when I saw those two together. Slipknot was the headliner and LoG was direct support. I saw it at the venue in Grand Prairie in DFW. I saw Slipknot on another occasion and they had Trivium and Coheed and Cambria with them. I don't think they were the same shows. As I get older all my concerts kinda blend together.

The fact that you were allowed entry to that show is a disappointment to metal. I'll see what we can do about banning you.

Originally Posted by soonerdm View Post
    The fact that you were allowed entry to that show is a disappointment to metal. I'll see what we can do about banning you.
    This is true. It was no Metallica show, but I guess it was OK.