5* DT A'Shawn Robinson interview/article on Rivals

Posted 487 day(s) ago 3141 Views 31 Replies
    vCash

5* DT A'Shawn Robinson interview/article on Rivals

Does anyone have access to this and post a simple answer to this question: do we have a shot? The interview appears to be questioning whether or not Texas should be worried about a decommitment.

Thanks!

vCash

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    I dont have access, but from what I have read previously its USC that Texas should be worried about for this recruit, not us.

vCash

Sancho is right. For some reason OU never had a shot with this kid.

vCash

Zero chance likes the condoms

vCash

Originally Posted by melbitoast View Post
    Texas should be worried. Manny Diaz is likely gone. Harsin already left. And that may not be the last of the departures from the coaching staff.

As for OU, we have never even offered the kid. Seriously. Check any of his profile pages, and he doesn't even have an OU offer. The only way that makes sense is if early on he told us "No, thanks. Not interested in OU under any circumstances."

After seeing this list, I find it unfathomable that we are in the position we are when it comes to DTs. It is unacceptable to see the number of DTs on that list and then to see OU hasn't contacted the vast majority of them and we're left chasing grade risks and injury-prone guys. I don't know what happened to recruiting this year, but someone's head needs to roll for this shit.

vCash

Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    Exactly, we are already having the same problem with the top LB recruit of 14 who said OU was his favorite school and then all of a sudden he visits a&m and has changed his mind and will probably play for them now. He said his reason was, because he has tried multiple times to ttalk to OU coaches and they were always too busy or already had in their mine he is coming here so lets not worry about him. This shit is getting out of hand.

vCash

Originally Posted by OnlyOne View Post
    I think they're going to bigger DTs that can soak up blocks (two at a time) and beat people one-on-one (think Michael Brockers vs. Jamarkus McFarland). Thus, players like Manning aren't their "new" type of DT. Everything else in terms of them pursuing so many very late and "getting" a commitment from an overflowing aTm is beyond my current level of comprehension, much like discrete mathematics and the Haag–Lopuszanski–Sohnius theorem...

vCash

Originally Posted by NateHeupelESQ View Post
    If true, I have to respect him for that. I wish all recruits would be forthright about it so as to not waste and resources on a lost cause.

vCash

Originally Posted by sooner9582 View Post
    Who would this be?

Cameron Hampton (Dallas/Carter)

Thought usc was filled up with all 5stars by august?

vCash

Sounds a little flaky.
    "I love Kish! Who's that over there?"
    'Kevin Sumlin.'
    "I love Sumlin!"

vCash

Originally Posted by drspencer View Post
    http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/coll.../index?count=6
    This is what im talking about with these defensive coaches not recruiting at all. I just do not see if a guy loves OU and its his favorite school can change like this, because our coaching staff can't keep in touch with him while he is one of the top recruits in the nation. It's the same story year after year now.

vCash

RELAX, DUDE! He's not the only LB recruit in 2014.

vCash

how did you translate: kish being his ex-favorite coach due to a sumlin visit to our coaches being too busy blah blah blah .... so your surprised that sumlin who's just coming back from a visit out recruited kish for a 16 year old? geeez dude ...

vCash

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    Pink, if you read the article, you might be a little pissed also. I know coaches are busy as shit, but no contact for 5 weeks is ridiculous. Especially with such a highly-rated player who loves OU.

He's changed his favorite at least 2 times. It's over a year until his NSD. I'm guessing he'll change his mind again. I wouldn't get too worked up yet. Wasting energy on HS kids changing their minds is, well, wasted energy.

Let's clear something up.
    OU offered A'Shawn Robinson. His recruiting never got to the point where that offer was meaningful at all.

vCash

How can one relax when it's the same shit over and over. You must not get it because this is happening with every top recruit we have been going after on the defensive side of the ball.

vCash

Question:

Seems like one of our coaches last year was rumored to have been on the golf course and not on the recruiting trail where he was supposed to have been. Is said coach still on the staff or was that W. Martinez?

Originally Posted by 1soONErs1 View Post
    Said coach was probably BJW whom pulled Michael Ohuano(?) and Tapper in and got early committments from highly ranked DJ Ward and impressive looking Dimon for this class

vCash

Originally Posted by atlantasooner View Post
    They're throwing a fit about another recruit...for 2014.

vCash

You sound like the same people who threw a fit about Demarco Cobbs and David Oku. "WHY AREN'T WE GOING AFTER HIM!? HE'S IN OUR OWN BACKYARD!!!"

Do you think that if the coaches haven't talked to him, allegedly, in several weeks that it's for a reason?

Throw a fit about the DT situation, not next year's LB class. Franklin, Lindley, Shannon, Nelson, and Striker should keep you happy for a while. Add in Mastrogiovanni and Evans and you've got a fine LB core.

vCash

The gies could get 2 five star lb in the 2014 class.

vCash

I'd sent you a tweet asking about that. Every profile page I saw showed no OU offer. That's actually somewhat comforting, but it begs other questions. For one, why did we ever let up? Further, now that he's clearly open to other schools, why don't we seem to care? The most logical response is that he told us "no, thanks" but then again, recruiting is hardly logical.

Originally Posted by Houston Sooner View Post
    You should know, you're their biggest fan.
    The following users like this post: greensooner

First off, the offer lists on Rivals or Scout are horribly inaccurate to the point of being worthless.

OU offered A'Shawn early, he didn't show any interest in either of the early OU junior days and by March he had committed to UT.
    Which usually meant that the game was over. This is the first year I can recall that UT's really having problems keeping guys
    that they want committed. Usually, it's one or two kids that UT offered early, don't have good senior years and the UT coaching
    staff stops calling them until they visit elsewhere. At that point, Mack being the arrogant POS hypocrite he is invokes the lose
    your ship if you visit elsewhere edict.
    I know that OU has been working hard at flipping one of UTs' OL commits, Darius James. So I would imagine Jackie has been
    calling A'Shawn but just not getting anywhere.

The HUGE screw up, by Mike Stoops, was lettign Jesse Mahelona get away ( to the other UT), about 6 years ago. Stoops admitted to the fact that he was too busy/trying to move/recruiting for UA, & dropped the ball on this BEAST! I'm really not sure who we have dropped the ball on, recently...

vCash

Originally Posted by txbbcoach4OU View Post
    6 years ago was 2006.

vCash

It's hard to get a commitment and keep a commitment from someone who admits that USC is his favorite school. The thing holding him back is mom.

vCash

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    yeah but if you really think about it, 6 years ago could be 2003 to txbbcoach4OU

it's all relative right? alzheimer's is a **** I hear