Why It Was 'Worth It' to Some Soldiers

Posted 653 day(s) ago 287 Views 3 Replies

LEWROCKWELL.COM

Here an Iraq war veteran (James Strong, Army, Sergeant) explains why the war was "worth it" for him:

It was worth it for me. I was a full blown neo con. Born in Britain, I got my US Citizenship specifically after the close 'election' between Kerry and Bush. After 911, I was one of those born again Christians who is all for destroying anyone who dares look at Israel wrong. I joined the military as a 30 year old, walking away from a good job and putting my wife and kids through the hellish experience that is the modern 'oft deployed' US military. I was hailed as a great patriot by everyone at my church. I joined as 'counterintelligence agent'; the definition of which is producing mis-information for the enemy; only to find out that only enemy I would be mis-informing was the US public and the regular "Joe's." I was blown up, shot at, ambushed, lost my good friend, saw many many innocent Iraqi's killed. I saw time and time again that when an innocent Iraqi is killed, he or she (no matter what age) is immediately identified as (likely al qaida). I saw how easy it is to get caught up in a mob, and how difficult and costly it is to do what is right in the US military. Something, I am ashamed to say, I usually did not have the courage to do. I did things I cannot even mention. I firmly believe there is only one force in the universe powerful enough to deal with terrible things I did, the blood of Christ. In the months and years after, instead of reciting the Warrior's Creed, Psalm 51 became my creed (attached below). "Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God…"

READ REST OF ARTICLE HERE

Oh he's seen the light....Hallelujah!!!!

Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Oh he's seen the light....Hallelujah!!!!
    So I guess you aren't "thanking him for hie service," eh?

Originally Posted by Yuck Fu View Post
    So I guess you aren't "thanking him for hie service," eh?
    Sure I'm thanking him for his service just like I salute Inouye for his service. At least his epiphany was that God was with Ron Paul...Inouye obviously had a different revelation.