** Oklahoma Sooners vs Stephen F.Austin Lumberjacks**

Posted 640 day(s) ago by tydude2453 Views 59 Replies
Results 51 to 60 of 60
Page 2 of 2 1 2
  1. #51
    Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    I don't know how you got that I was agreeing with Suncoast. I think he would tell you I have consistently been frustrated by what I perceive as him taking pleasure in our failures. I've even wondered at times if he's simply a troll, despite his pages long posts describing why he can never show up on the board when we do well.

    However, his recent posts have been more credible, so there's that. Plus, I would not agree with with about Grooms this time. No way he would have scored the 12 points Hornbeak did.
    grooms would have replaced cousins.....who went oh for 4

  2. #52
    Originally Posted by Bk2X View Post
    Grooms may have helped some on offense (assists and definitely not points) however I think that would be offset due their guard abusing Grooms cause he is not good on D.
    we have won games because grooms has played better at pg than cousins...
    why do you say grooms is not good on defense?
    who did bateman abuse last nite to have a career scoring game?

  3. #53

    ** Oklahoma Sooners vs Stephen F.Austin Lumberjacks**

    Originally Posted by 87sooner View Post
    grooms would have replaced cousins.....who went oh for 4
    I could see that. Leave Grooms in for ball handling (his assist to turnover is 20-7 so far this year). I still don't think he is a great PG but has more experience. I think I may get Hield in the game more, although he didn't shoot we'll last night. I was really surprised Cam Clark didn't play more.

  4. #54
    suncoastsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,979
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Destin, Florida

    Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    I don't know how you got that I was agreeing with Suncoast. I think he would tell you I have consistently been frustrated by what I perceive as him taking pleasure in our failures. I've even wondered at times if he's simply a troll, despite his pages long posts describing why he can never show up on the board when we do well.

    However, his recent posts have been more credible, so there's that. Plus, I would not agree with with about Grooms this time. No way he would have scored the 12 points Hornbeak did.
    Taking pleasure in our failures? I was pissed last night! Anyone who read my posts could obviously tell I was disgruntled and pissed. How is that in any way, shape, form, or fashion pleasurable for a person?

    I have been here for EVERY single game except ONE this season which I was hospitalized during the time period we played it!!! I missed a single 3 game stretch last season because I went on vacation; a stretch of three games that I thought we would go 1-2 in as we did so there wouldn't have been a more opportune time for me to come in here and gloat than it would have been in that instance (granted I got the win and one of the losses incorrect though admittedly).

    Where does this shit come from?!?!

    I'm sorry but no I won't be in here posting during every game or even in here moments after the final buzzer either. Hell the majority of the time if I am knowingly not likely to be around until the next day after the game I make a forewarning blurb about such which is more than any message board is owed for any reason. There isn't any other poster in this forum who is held to such asinine acceptable time constraints on their posting time frame. And what I find the most laughable about the scenario is that many of the most vocal people concerning these ludicrous time constraints are they themselves some of the most absentee posters when they are wrong or have lost a game but get lost in the crowd because they are in the majority of the sunshine pumper faction or Thunder fans.

  5. #55
    Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    I could see that. Leave Grooms in for ball handling (his assist to turnover is 20-7 so far this year). I still don't think he is a great PG but has more experience. I think I may get Hield in the game more, although he didn't shoot we'll last night. I was really surprised Cam Clark didn't play more.
    grooms can't shoot...but he knows that...so he penetrates and gets to the rim.....he manages the game well....
    cousins isn't doing much of anything well right now.....
    i love buddy....he's got to learn to be more patient tho.....and he's got to learn how to put the ball in the basket when he gets there....lots of misses up close last nite.....
    hornbeak too.....after we tied the game.....hornbeak drove and threw up a garbage shot......things went down hill after that...
    clark....he's mostly useless as a scorer....but unfortunately...mbaye is just as bad if not worse at the moment so there's no good option there...
    fits still thinks he's an 18 foot jumpshooter..
    and the worst part....NOBODY can get a rebound.....
    it's so frustrating to watch 3 guys go up to block a shot....then when the guy misses.....nobody is there to get the rebound....
    The following users like this post: Bk2X


  6. #56

    ** Oklahoma Sooners vs Stephen F.Austin Lumberjacks**

    Originally Posted by suncoastsooner View Post
    Taking pleasure in our failures? I was pissed last night! Anyone who read my posts could obviously tell I was disgruntled and pissed. How is that in any way, shape, form, or fashion pleasurable for a person?

    I have been here for EVERY single game except ONE this season which I was hospitalized during the time period we played it!!! I missed a single 3 game stretch last season because I went on vacation; a stretch of three games that I thought we would go 1-2 in as we did so there wouldn't have been a more opportune time for me to come in here and gloat than it would have been in that instance (granted I got the win and one of the losses incorrect though admittedly).

    Where does this shit come from?!?!

    I'm sorry but no I won't be in here posting during every game or even in here moments after the final buzzer either. Hell the majority of the time if I am knowingly not likely to be around until the next day after the game I make a forewarning blurb about such which is more than any message board is owed for any reason. There isn't any other poster in this forum who is held to such asinine acceptable time constraints on their posting time frame. And what I find the most laughable about the scenario is that many of the most vocal people concerning these ludicrous time constraints are they themselves some of the most absentee posters when they are wrong or have lost a game but get lost in the crowd because they are in the majority of the sunshine pumper faction or Thunder fans.
    See, this is what I'm talking about. Seriously, chill out man. If you read my posts lately I have given you props lately.

    As far as the other stuff goes, you made your bed over the last couple of years. I'm not the only one who has seen that pattern. However, if you can't tell, I have been trying to show you a little respect more recently due to your health issues.

  7. #57
    suncoastsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,979
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Destin, Florida

    Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    See, this is what I'm talking about. Seriously, chill out man. If you read my posts lately I have given you props lately.

    As far as the other stuff goes, you made your bed over the last couple of years. I'm not the only one who has seen that pattern. However, if you can't tell, I have been trying to show you a little respect more recently due to your health issues.
    It is not just you. It is in general on this forum. I am one of the most consistent and frequent posters in the forum hands down.

  8. #58

    ** Oklahoma Sooners vs Stephen F.Austin Lumberjacks**

    Originally Posted by suncoastsooner View Post
    It is not just you. It is in general on this forum. I am one of the most consistent and frequent posters in the forum hands down.
    I hear you. But, and please do not take this as a personal attack because I've already tried to establish I don't feel like starting a pissing match, you must know that over the past couple of years on more than a couple of occasions you were not just critical but downright negative about OU basketball. Nothing wrong with that except that you only chimed in after we lost, and usually very quickly after a loss. At the same time you evidently talked shit about the Spurs vs. Thunder and had a similar posting record (I don't know about that so much).

    You have to know that when you do this but don't show up at the other times, people will resent it. Do it once or twice and people let it go. Do it as often as you have over two seasons of OU and Thunder basketball and you will catch some shit.

    My advice. . . if it really bothers you, do what you've done this year and change the pattern. Or don't, he'll I don't care. But don't be surprised if people give you shit.

    It won't be me as long as you seem to really want the best for the program. But the minute you post bullshit negativity simply for the reason of being Debbie Downer, you can bet I'll call you on it. Even then I won't take it seriously enough to have it bother me personally. Hope you won't either.
    The following users like this post: OnlyOne


  9. #59
    suncoastsooner's Avatar
    Posts
    7,979
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Destin, Florida

    Originally Posted by Mahler View Post
    I hear you. But, and please do not take this as a personal attack because I've already tried to establish I don't feel like starting a pissing match, you must know that over the past couple of years on more than a couple of occasions you were not just critical but downright negative about OU basketball. Nothing wrong with that except that you only chimed in after we lost, and usually very quickly after a loss. At the same time you evidently talked shit about the Spurs vs. Thunder and had a similar posting record (I don't know about that so much).

    You have to know that when you do this but don't show up at the other times, people will resent it. Do it once or twice and people let it go. Do it as often as you have over two seasons of OU and Thunder basketball and you will catch some shit.

    My advice. . . if it really bothers you, do what you've done this year and change the pattern. Or don't, he'll I don't care. But don't be surprised if people give you shit.

    It won't be me as long as you seem to really want the best for the program. But the minute you post bullshit negativity simply for the reason of being Debbie Downer, you can bet I'll call you on it. Even then I won't take it seriously enough to have it bother me personally. Hope you won't either.

    No I haven't just chimed in after losses!!! We've just lost as frequently as won is all it comes down to. I have not been prompt in my response in only four Oklahoma games in three seasons!!! Four games out of seventy-one to date!!! That almost assuredly puts me as one of the most consistent four or five posters on the forum without debate.

    I talked shit during the first game between the SAS/OKC with the Thunder fans and it was fun; I think they had fun too. Will do it again, win or lose, if I have the ability at that time. People make some sort of claim I wasn't here during the playoffs last year and that is bullshit, complete and utter falsity. I even started a thread directly congratulating the Thunder on the Western Conference finals. If I was absent for any series it was the Heat series that OKC got murdered in and I didn't have a dog in the hunt with. But when OKC lost the first game against SAS I wasn't starting a thread Traxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/Pricessssssssssss/Randomposterrrrrrrrrrr! Where are yooouuuu!? moments after the game either; I was here hours prior to the game starting a thread to banter back and forth on with the Thunder fans previously.
    Last edited by suncoastsooner; December 19th, 2012 at 02:52 PM.

  10. #60
    Originally Posted by suncoastsooner View Post
    Jesus; it's always an individual game excuse at this point. UT-A "looked pretty good" excuse game . . . but no they don't when you go look at their body of work (they were absolutely murdered by a bad Texas team); Arkansas "looked pretty good" in OUr game . . . they're 5-4 overall and only 1-4 against other large conference opponents and their only victory during a five game skid. We struggled with a UTEP team on a neutral court who is losing by an average margin of double digits against mediocre opponents.

    I'm sure I'll once again get blasted but the fact of the matter is at certain point we have to stop making yet another excuse about individual games and look at the overall body of work from this team and realize we are not where we thought we would be; honestly right now looking at it with some real perspective this morning I am beginning to even doubt that we might be with my own tempered expectations.
    What the ****, dude? I said we looked bad. I don't expect us to be playing in the post season this year unless we get into the NIT. I'm just saying SFA looked a lot better than just a shitty team that will get walked on by any team from a big conference. Looking at the schedule they've played, they are 8-1. They just beat us, which is a good win for them. They play in a conference they can probably compete in, and right now they are in a good position.

Similar Threads

  1. Basketball boxscore: Stephen F. Austin 56, OU 55
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 19th, 2012, 04:00 AM
  2. Stephen F. Austin edges OU, 56-55
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 19th, 2012, 04:00 AM
  3. Sooners stunned by Lumberjacks
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 19th, 2012, 02:50 AM
  4. Oklahoma basketball: Stephen F. Austin knocks off Sooners
    By Jenni 5 in forum Bob Barry's Press Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 18th, 2012, 10:30 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 17th, 2012, 07:40 PM

Tags for this Thread