Newsflash: Pete Carroll's a dick

Posted 711 day(s) ago 3038 Views 43 Replies

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/ar...up_30/12447664

Petey calls a fake punt when up by 30 in the 4th quarter. Then tries to act like he didn't mean to in the press conference.

He just continually acts like a jerk. After they were awarded the win against the Packers with the bad call by the replacement refs, he had the audacity to act like the right call had been made. In a situation like that, shut up, take your victory and don't act like it was because of something you did.

If they make it to the playoffs, I hope someone beats them 57-3.
    The following users like this post: lasvegassooner

That fluke win over Green Bay is going to cost some other team a wildcard spot.

Never have liked that SOB ... such a smug, arrogant prick. And a shameless liar.
    2 users like ltsooner's post: BajaOklahoma, boomersooner53

Originally Posted by ltsooner View Post
    Never have liked that SOB ... such a smug, arrogant prick. And a shameless liar.
    Yup this.

Saban says hi

I hear about them putting up 50 in back to back weeks, yes vs Cardinals and Bills
    that like Kansas putting up 50 on UL Monroe

Originally Posted by H82Lose View Post
    Saban says hi
    also this.

Originally Posted by Meni View Post
    I hear about them putting up 50 in back to back weeks, yes vs Cardinals and Bills
    that like Kansas putting up 50 on UL Monroe
    In terms of website squating, is that like owning the rights to Charles Grodin and Reginald VelJohnson's domain names?
    The following users like this post: Bob Loblaw

It's all about winning, y'all!

My Niners will shut him up. Jim owns Pete. It'll be a tough game but I anticipate a win for the 49ers.
    The following users like this post: madillsoonerfan5353

Originally Posted by OKthere View Post
    My Niners will shut him up. Jim owns Pete. It'll be a tough game but I anticipate a win for the 49ers.

Barring any Sooner victory, this may have been one of my most satisfying days in all my years of watching college football. Someday, Jim just might kick his ass (after the game).
    3 users like ltsooner's post: AcousticSoup, CNCSOONER, lasvegassooner

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
    It's all about winning, y'all!
    Get better. Don't be down 30.
    The following users like this post: suncoastsooner

If your special teams practices all week on a fake punt, because you see something on film, shouldn't they be rewarded for the hard work? Who cares what the score is. If you don't want to get beat by 50 points, get better.

Barring any Sooner victory, this may have been one of my most satisfying days in all my years of watching college football. Someday, Jim just might kick his ass (after the game).
    I just might pay to see that.

Originally Posted by DIB View Post
    If your special teams practices all week on a fake punt, because you see something on film, shouldn't they be rewarded for the hard work? Who cares what the score is. If you don't want to get beat by 50 points, get better.
    No ... you save it for when you need it. The players can feel rewarded when they drive home in their pimped out Escalades.
    The following users like this post: HeroOfTheDay

Saw a high school team this year onside kick every time until he was up 61 points.

No ... you save it for when you need it. The players can feel rewarded when they drive home in their pimped out Escalades.
    You mean next time they play Buffalo? And hope that another team hasn't exploited their weakness in punt coverage, causing them to shore up the issue? Or hope that you find another team that just happens to have the same exploitable weakness that the special teams practiced for?

You mean next time they play Buffalo? And hope that another team hasn't exploited their weakness in punt coverage, causing them to shore up the issue? Or hope that you find another team that just happens to have the same exploitable weakness that the special teams practiced for?
    You're not very good at poker, are you?

You're not very good at poker, are you?
    wut?

It's the ****ing pros why not run up the score

wut?

I understand it's the pros, get better, yadda yadda and all that. I have a problem with Pete calling it and being all giddy about it and then trying to act like he didn't mean for it to happen. He's trying to have it both ways.

I guess he realized after the fact that when he plays the Bills again they'll remember that and have something planned for him or that another team will be on the lookout for it and have something planned. He's lucky he didn't get anyone injured that he will need for playoffs when running a fake that didn't need to be run. The NFL had people from the Saints serving suspensions for head hunting. You don't think someone would do that to Pete's team just because Pete pissed them off. Pete came out with the mea culpa because he's afraid someone will make him pay for it not because he has some sense of decency.

i kinda like carroll ... he gets his players excited and he gets them to play hard ... i'm also mature enough to accept that he beat my favorite team ... big deal ... life goes on .. .bill snyder beat us ... i don't hate him ...

Originally Posted by deadserious View Post
    i kinda like carroll ... he gets his players excited and he gets them to play hard ... i'm also mature enough to accept that he beat my favorite team ... big deal ... life goes on .. .bill snyder beat us ... i don't hate him ...
    Are you serious? Dead serious?

Originally Posted by deadserious View Post
    That you, Leinart?

Get better...yes but it wasn't a real play, it was a gimmick. Shameful

yeah it probably seems crazy to everyone here but ive always liked pete.
    as for the fake punt, who actually gives a ****???? dont like it, stop it

Jim's a **** too. They deserve each other.
    2 users like eightisgreat's post: boomersooner53, OU Sam

Originally Posted by eightisgreat View Post
    Jim's a **** too. They deserve each other.
    No doubt about that. But I despise him a little less than Petey.
    The following users like this post: TenYards

No doubt about that. But I despise him a little less than Petey.
    Agreed.

You're a professional. Respect your opponent. After you score on a fake punt while up 50, do NOT try an onside kick. Unless it was in the game plan.

Pete Carroll is likable. He has personality and he wins. There are many in the pro game who are jerks. PC is not one of them. Play 60 mibutes. Nothing wrong with that.

Go Seahawks!

What drug(s) do you think Carrol uses?

Pete is a gigantic Liar and cheat. That is why he ran from SC to one of the worst teams in the NFL.
    To say "Pete seems OK to me" is to invite scrutiny upon your personal judgement skills.
    The man is a lying douche. Fini

Originally Posted by EdHarrisIsMyHero View Post
    Pete Carroll is likable. He has personality and he wins. There are many in the pro game who are jerks. PC is not one of them. Play 60 mibutes. Nothing wrong with that.
    thank you. I think you have good thoughts. you seem to really know how to put things in words. Please continue to post here. it is great. I agree with your post and alot of your posts. seem to be on the same page. good. thank. you.

Originally Posted by jakel View Post
    Pete is a gigantic Liar and cheat. That is why he ran from SC to one of the worst teams in the NFL.
    To say "Pete seems OK to me" is to invite scrutiny upon your personal judgement skills.
    The man is a lying douche. Fini
    The following users like this post: drspencer

I have been a huge Harbaugh (sp) fan since he QB'd the Colts in the 90's. Other than OU wins this was alos one of my favorits. Hope Jim shoves it up Pete's ass once again.

While I think we can all agree that Petey is the epitome of dickishness, he is on to something in calling for an onside kick. Because he did it -- and because it worked -- means future opponents must respect it. As opponents are forced to respect the threat of an onside kick, their normal kick return blocking will suffer, allowing overall net kickoff distance to improve.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2009...ide-kicks.html

C'mon Riverboat Bob: Learn from the dark side and call for an onside kick in the second or third quarter.
    The following users like this post: fdubzou

Originally Posted by lasvegassooner View Post
    While I think we can all agree that Petey is the epitome of dickishness, he is on to something in calling for an onside kick. Because he did it -- and because it worked -- means future opponents must respect it. As opponents are forced to respect the threat of an onside kick, their normal kick return blocking will suffer, allowing overall net kickoff distance to improve.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2009...ide-kicks.html

C'mon Riverboat Bob: Learn from the dark side and call for an onside kick in the second or third quarter.
    Whao! Who is that in yer avatar?

Originally Posted by OKthere View Post
    Nice call, Nostradamus. You were only off by 30 points.