38 year old woman & her 24 year old niece pulled vver and assaulted

Posted 672 day(s) ago 2312 Views 30 Replies

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2012...searches.html/

Two Irving women are suing two state troopers and the head of their department in federal court, alleging they were subjected to an illegal and humiliating “roadside body cavity search” during a traffic stop.

Angel Dobbs, 38, and her niece, Ashley Dobbs, 24, said the search occurred on State Highway 161 in or near Irving on the night of July 13.

They claim that a female trooper, Kelley Helleson, used her fingers to search their anuses and ****s — using the same latex glove — while on the side of the road in full view of passing vehicles.

They said David Farrell, a state trooper, had called Helleson to the scene after stopping the women’s vehicle and questioning them about marijuana. Farrell told them he stopped them after seeing them throw cigarette butts out of the window, according to the lawsuit.

He asked for the search because he said the women were “acting weird,” the suit said.

Farrell searched their vehicle for marijuana but didn’t find any, they said. He then tried to “morph this situation into a DWI investigation,” the lawsuit said. Angel Dobbs passed a roadside sobriety test and the women were given warnings for littering, the suit said.

During the search of Angel Dobbs’ anus, Helleson irritated one of the cysts she suffers from, the lawsuit said, causing her “severe and continuing pain and discomfort.”

“Angel Dobbs was overwhelmed with emotion and a feeling of helplessness and reacted stating that Helleson had just violated her in a most horrific manner,” the lawsuit said.

The women also are suing Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, saying he was aware of previous problems and complaints about “unlawful strip searches, cavity searches and the like” yet failed to do anything about it.

DPS spokeswoman Katherine Cesinger said the department does not discuss pending litigation but issued the following statement:

“Following the traffic stop that occurred in July of this year and based on a citizen’s complaint, the Texas Rangers conducted an inquiry surrounding the events, and has since turned the results over to the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office for review.”

Scott H. Palmer, an attorney for the women, said the entire incident was caught on video from one of the trooper’s dash-mounted cameras.

“You can see what’s happening clearly,” he said.

Palmer said the Texas Rangers investigated his clients’ complaints but no action was taken against the troopers.

Palmer said the searches were basically a “sexual assault” on the side of the road.

“No one’s ever seen the likes of this,” he said. “We can’t let them get away with it.”

Video at the link

Wow. I don't think I would call that a reasonable search.

Did they search the car or ask to?

I know what you're all thinking. I watched the video so you don't have to. Leaning to WOULD with the 24 yo, but with the quality of the video it's hard to be definitive.
    The following users like this post: whatitis

Any chance we have the dashboard cam footage of this? It would certsainly help me form a more educated opinion.

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    Any chance we have the dashboard cam footage of this? It would certsainly help me form a more educated opinion.
    Yes visit the link. Quick feel but the 24 yo mentions at the end being violated and having a finger in her "ass" and "couchie".

Why did they consent to that????

Originally Posted by hOUrricane View Post
    Yes visit the link. Quick feel but the 24 yo mentions at the end being violated and having a finger in her "ass" and "couchie".
    She ought to sue. She could get at least 250$ for that on CL.

Originally Posted by hOUrricane View Post
    I know what you're all thinking. I watched the video so you don't have to. Leaning to WOULD with the 24 yo, but with the quality of the video it's hard to be definitive.
    The following users like this post: Morningwood

edited the thread title and damn

**** ya...like a normal Friday night for me

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Assaulted? Then lock me up 'cuz I committed multiple violations the other night.

One mans joy, another mans pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This won't end well. If there was any suspicion at all they should have been taken back to the station. No excuse or reason for doing it roadside if it needed to be done.

Thank you taxpayers for paying for this lawsuit.

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    Should have kept the title...fingered was a nice double entrende

Is that what they mean by 'spread'em'?

She did seem to play with the cooze, maybe a little too long??

Originally Posted by jdmt37 View Post
    She did seem to play with the cooze, maybe a little too long??
    Didn't know that was possible.
    2 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: jdmt37, ron mexico

I googled Ashley Dobbs and this one would be a good fit for LT. From ashleydobbs.net/ *NSFW
    Last edited by usaosooner; December 18th, 2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: removed description and added the nsfw warning

All police deserve death

I've heard of 'cop a feel' before, but this is ridiculous
    5 users like Morningwood's post: DHF, jdmt37, ron mexico, Sooner Bob, SoonerArtillery

Originally Posted by Morningwood View Post
    I've heard of 'cop a feel' before, but this is ridiculous
    She buried two fingers nuckle deep in that shit. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    The following users like this post: ron mexico

Originally Posted by tfoolry View Post
    I googled Ashley Dobbs and this one would be a good fit for LT. From ashleydobbs.net/ *NSFW
    I think I'll pass.

How the **** can this happen in a free country? Seriously, where the hell is the outrage over this?
    3 users like Shooter's post: jdmt37, SnakeDoctor, Wailer

That'll teach them not to litter . . . or Don't Mess with Texas . . . or something.

In related news....

Soonerbounce has been seen driving up and down HWY 161 for the last few days, throwing cigarette butts out the window
    7 users like Filthy's post: jdmt37, KCRuf/Nek, McRib, ron mexico, SnakeDoctor, Stoopsies Pinkie, Wailer

"Usually you pay double for that kind of action, Cotton."

Originally Posted by The Baconator® View Post
    With limited view and reserving the right to amend answer: Wood.

Originally Posted by auggie slippenstone View Post
    http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2012...searches.html/

Two Irving women are suing two state troopers and the head of their department in federal court, alleging they were subjected to an illegal and humiliating “roadside body cavity search” during a traffic stop.

Angel Dobbs, 38, and her niece, Ashley Dobbs, 24, said the search occurred on State Highway 161 in or near Irving on the night of July 13.

They claim that a female trooper, Kelley Helleson, used her fingers to search their anuses and ****s — using the same latex glove — while on the side of the road in full view of passing vehicles.

They said David Farrell, a state trooper, had called Helleson to the scene after stopping the women’s vehicle and questioning them about marijuana. Farrell told them he stopped them after seeing them throw cigarette butts out of the window, according to the lawsuit.

He asked for the search because he said the women were “acting weird,” the suit said.

Farrell searched their vehicle for marijuana but didn’t find any, they said. He then tried to “morph this situation into a DWI investigation,” the lawsuit said. Angel Dobbs passed a roadside sobriety test and the women were given warnings for littering, the suit said.

During the search of Angel Dobbs’ anus, Helleson irritated one of the cysts she suffers from, the lawsuit said, causing her “severe and continuing pain and discomfort.”

“Angel Dobbs was overwhelmed with emotion and a feeling of helplessness and reacted stating that Helleson had just violated her in a moist horrific manner,” the lawsuit said.

The women also are suing Steven McCraw, director of the Texas Department of Public Safety, saying he was aware of previous problems and complaints about “unlawful strip searches, cavity searches and the like” yet failed to do anything about it.

DPS spokeswoman Katherine Cesinger said the department does not discuss pending litigation but issued the following statement:

“Following the traffic stop that occurred in July of this year and based on a citizen’s complaint, the Texas Rangers conducted an inquiry surrounding the events, and has since turned the results over to the Dallas County District Attorney’s Office for review.”

Scott H. Palmer, an attorney for the women, said the entire incident was caught on video from one of the trooper’s dash-mounted cameras.

“You can see what’s happening clearly,” he said.

Palmer said the Texas Rangers investigated his clients’ complaints but no action was taken against the troopers.

Palmer said the searches were basically a “sexual assault” on the side of the road.

“No one’s ever seen the likes of this,” he said. “We can’t let them get away with it.”

Video at the link
    Giggity.

I believe we need someone with such internets skills to research if this was really worth the officers time . . . talent wise.