Tamales

Posted 591 day(s) ago 1611 Views 23 Replies
    vCash

Tamales

Are amazing but a pain in the ass to make. Best spot in Oklahoma?

vCash

Tamales

SW 29th and Independence

4 users like SneakerHead's post: Clark W. Griswold, McRib, oughostpilot, VRO405

There used to be a place in Bridgecreek that made amazing ones. They closed recently, so I'm at a loss. A friend brags about hers regularly, and she brought me some yesterday. I'll have them tonight and get a review up. She sells them by the dozen.

vCash

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    There used to be a place in Bridgecreek that made amazing ones. They closed recently, so I'm at a loss. A friend brags about hers regularly, and she brought me some yesterday. I'll have them tonight and get a review up. She sells them by the dozen.

This interests me. Looking forward to it

vCash

Tacos San Pedro on SW 44th street.

When I was a kid, we would stop in Davis whenever we were going to or from Dallas and get tamales at Pick's

Tamales

Originally Posted by usaosooner View Post
    This interests me. Looking forward to it
    They were awesome. She gave me some pork ones with green chiles. I'll ask her this week if she wants me to advertise for her a bit, and if she does I'll let you guys know.

vCash

Mr Taco makes great tamales!

Tamales El Patio has the best. consistent tamales in town. The best day to go is on Wednesday when they have a full variety to choose from. I think the place in Bridge Creek was called Mi Casita but not 100%, I have a buddy who swore by that place and I will see if knows whats up with them, and get back on here.

Tamales

Yep. Mi Casita was the place.

The lady that made them for me says they are for sale to all takers. If anyone's interested in contacting her, PM me.

vCash

Re: Tamales

You mean there are no south of the border natives rolling through your neighborhood with 5 gallon buckets full of them ? :-)

vCash

go to Spanish Mass and ask around.

Originally Posted by nocalsooner View Post
    go to Spanish Mass and ask around.
    They won't even share the wine w/me ... there's no way I'm getting a tamale.

vCash

Originally Posted by oucub23 View Post
    They won't even share the wine w/me ... there's no way I'm getting a tamale.
    It's flu season - that's why they're not sharing the wine. But they'll still sell you a dozen homemade tamales.

For a chain restaurant, Los Cabos puts together a pretty dang good tamale.

vCash

Tortilleria De Puebla Company, 3118 S Mingo Rd, Tulsa, OK

They make them fresh. It is not a sit down place. You have to take them home.
    They also have a special, 4 tacos and a bottle of Mexican Coke for $5.00. It's like crack on a tortilla.
    And then you can go comic shopping right next door.

Never had them, they any good ?

Originally Posted by The Baconator® View Post
    No. They suck. That's why there's a thread about them.

vCash

Originally Posted by The Baconator® View Post
    You could definitely wrap bacon around them.
    The following users like this post: oucub23

vCash

Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Tortilleria De Puebla Company, 3118 S Mingo Rd, Tulsa, OK

They make them fresh. It is not a sit down place. You have to take them home.
    They also have a special, 4 tacos and a bottle of Mexican Coke for $5.00. It's like crack on a tortilla.
    And then you can go comic shopping right next door.
    This I will have to try. Pretty sure this place has been about ten different places in the past few years, nothing lasts at that location, if it's where I think. But since it's down the street from me I'll have to try to check it out this weekend.

vCash

Originally Posted by Sieve View Post
    This I will have to try. Pretty sure this place has been about ten different places in the past few years, nothing lasts at that location, if it's where I think. But since it's down the street from me I'll have to try to check it out this weekend.
    They've been at that location around 10 years. It's next to the old Bicycles of Tulsa building. Which is now a Mexican car lot.

Appreciate the heads up on El Patio. Dropped by this afternoon and picked up a dozen, plus a side of their corn with butter/mayonnaise, lime and paprika. Was well worth stopping by.
    The following users like this post: oughostpilot

vCash

The Mississippi Delta. That's not a place you'd expect to find good tamales, and it's not a place most people would ever think about visiting unless they want to go check out the blues scene, but it's fun to go from town to town and check as many out as possible. Most every barbeque and steak place in the delta from Doe's in Greenville to Abe's in Clarksdale has their own way of making them. They are mostly made from pork, they are wrapped in parchment instead of corn husks and they are usually ****ier than Mexican tamales. In fact, I think I'm gonna have to make that tour again in the spring.
    The following users like this post: oughostpilot

vCash

I have a co-worker whose wife makes me tamales for .50 each.