"If Obama tries to fool with my Beretta, He's got a problem."

Posted 733 day(s) ago 1961 Views 37 Replies

What do you think of this statement?

racist
    4 users like SoonerArtillery's post: KCRuf/Nek, ltsooner, SoCaliSooner, suncoastsooner

Is that mr. Biden?

It's a good way to get the Secret Service to learn your name.
    3 users like oucub23's post: freeeewilly66, quatrogenerian, Teo9969

Silly and irrational
    2 users like Val on the Getner's post: boomermagic, OUMallen

Originally Posted by Val on the Getner View Post
    Silly and irrational
    Would you like the person who said it to lead the gun violence/gun control task force?

Originally Posted by playmakr View Post
    Would you like the person who said it to lead the gun violence/gun control task force?
    Depends. That's quite a little bit of information upon which to judge a person's capabilities.

I think Barack Obama is the best president ever and is doing a great job.

- BM -
    2 users like KCRuf/Nek's post: jdmt37, suncoastsooner

Depends. That's quite a little bit of information upon which to judge a person's capabilities.
    I wasn't providing a résumé.

But surely a "silly and irrational" statement about guns is an odd comment for someone now leading an anti gun, anti violence task force. No?

But surely a "silly and irrational" statement about guns is an odd comment for someone now leading an anti gun, anti violence task force. No?
    He could have evolved....
    2 users like okie52's post: Col.JimBeam, IcanzIIravor

I think the entire gun task force should be lead of a cliff

Another cliff?

Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I think the entire gun task force should be lead of a cliff
    Yep. It gonna be a ****ing disaster for gun owners.

Politicians say silly and irrational things all the time. They also tend to be the people who lead task forces. Such is our system.

How many times have we seen this in the past? Maybe you older ****s on here can tell me but wasn't there a big push for gun reform after Charles Whitman? And wasn't one of the main reasons he was stopped was due to a well armed public?

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    How many times have we seen this in the past? Maybe you older ****s on here can tell me but wasn't there a big push for gun reform after Charles Whitman? And wasn't one of the main reasons he was stopped was due to a well armed public?
    whitman was killed by a cop.

Originally Posted by bushmaster06 View Post
    whitman was killed by a cop.
    I know but weren't there people on the ground with their own weapons firing at him and keeping him from shooting?

Originally Posted by KCRuf/Nek View Post
    I know but weren't there people on the ground with their own weapons firing at him and keeping him from shooting?
    that i don't know. its thought that a brain tumor may have caused whitman to carry out the massacre.

This could be the one issue that will get Obama shot. Gay marriage and taxes are one thing to piss the right off......but you start making it a point in this term to tackle gun ownership....and just the right wingnut will go off.

Should be interesting.

Originally Posted by Breastman View Post
    This could be the one issue that will get Obama shot. Gay marriage and taxes are one thing to piss the right off......but you start making it a point in this term to tackle gun ownership....and just the right wingnut will go off.

Should be interesting.
    There's lots of people who hold their 2nd amendment right as sacred on both sides.

Should be interesting.
    Enjoy your visit from the Secret Service
    4 users like Val on the Getner's post: andymancan20, boomermagic, DHF, oucub23

Re: "If Obama tries to fool with my Beretta, He's got a problem."

Why would they want an old ass chevy car
    3 users like Aurora's post: Eigenvalue, Mississippi Sooner, pbc2003

Politicians say silly and irrational things all the time. They also tend to be the people who lead task forces. Such is our system.
    Noted.

However, this administration takes it to another level. Really, I respect it. I respect their ability to argue with themselves, and not be called on it. Very well done.

Enjoy your visit from the Secret Service
    I wonder if they visited Biden after his comments. That would have been awkward. One unit is there to investigate, the other is there to protect. Are they allowed to use enhanced interrogation techniques on the Vice? To project the Principal? I wonder.

Originally Posted by kssooner View Post
    Yep. It gonna be a ****ing disaster for gun owners.
    Still won't pass the house if the 'Pubs want to remain a national party...

Originally Posted by soonercoop1 View Post
    Still won't pass the house if the 'Pubs want to remain a national party...
    I have no faith in the pubs. If its not going to pass, than the 80 million gun owners need to make themselves heard loud and clear.

Didn't Unca Joe say that, along with taking his shotguns, about then candidate BHO?

Noted.

However, this administration takes it to another level. Really, I respect it. I respect their ability to argue with themselves, and not be called on it. Very well done.
    Internal debate is a good thing, as it prevents rash action.

I wonder if they visited Biden after his comments. That would have been awkward. One unit is there to investigate, the other is there to protect. Are they allowed to use enhanced interrogation techniques on the Vice? To project the Principal? I wonder.
    Well, considering the constant vetting and monitoring of every bit of conversation that the VP goes through, it was probably unnecessary.

The thought of Joe Biden with a gun in his hand is frightening. Even more frightening than Dick Cheney. Though I suppose Biden hasn't actually shot anyone yet.

Internal debate is a good thing, as it prevents rash action.
    No, it's not internal debate at all. It's arguing against previous positions, and then acting like this was the position you were for all along with impunity toward the other side.

I mean, literally, Barry and Joe have said one thing when it benefits them, and then a year later will demonize anyone that takes the position they previously took while now taking the opposite view. It's irrational, political, calculating, and successful in duping the low information voters who elected them. It's a tactic originally developed by David Plouffe.

Example: You are unpatriotic for raising the debt limit, and you are unpatriotic for not raising the debt limit. Brilliant!

innocent misunderstanding...
    when biden said "my"....he wasn't speaking as a US citizen.....he was speaking as a politician....
    laws don't apply to politicians...

No, it's not internal debate at all. It's arguing against previous positions, and then acting like this was the position you were for all along with impunity toward the other side.

I mean, literally, Barry and Joe have said one thing when it benefits them, and then a year later will demonize anyone that takes the position they previously took while now taking the opposite view. It's irrational, political, calculating, and successful in duping the low information voters who elected them. It's a tactic originally developed by David Plouffe.

Example: You are unpatriotic for raising the debt limit, and you are unpatriotic for not raising the debt limit. Brilliant!
    Raising taxes in a recession--good and bad, depending on what day it is.

You know, it's OK to change your mind.

Once again, gun sales go through the roof. No one is going to take your guns away. Talk about over reacting.

It is OK to change your mind when the facts of the situation dictate it.... not so much when it is just because it has become politically convenient to do so.

I think you are having trouble here.

It has nothing to do with the act of changing your mind.

It is OK to change your mind when the facts of the situation dictate it.... not so much when it is just because it has become politically convenient to do so.
    And then act like anyone that agrees with your original position is a quack/wacko/unpatriotic/selfish, etc.

I think you are having trouble here.

It has nothing to do with the act of changing your mind.

And then act like anyone that agrees with your original position is a quack/wacko/unpatriotic/selfish, etc.
    Dont forget racist. From 2000 to 2008 all I heard from Liberals was that dissent was the highest form of patriotism. As soon as Obama was elected if you even questioned his policies (much less dissented) you were immediately labelled a racist.
    4 users like Sancho's post: jdmt37, KCRuf/Nek, SoCaliSooner, SoonerArtillery

His Royal Highness the Honorable King of LandThieves Esq. III

Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    The thought of Joe Biden with a gun in his hand is frightening. Even more frightening than Dick Cheney. Though I suppose Biden hasn't actually shot anyone yet.
    He'll just plagiarize Cheney's story and claim it as his own...
    The following users like this post: KCRuf/Nek

Should be interesting.