Manziel/Harden locker room pic

Posted 616 day(s) ago by McRib10546 Views 178 Replies
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
    Originally Posted by HeroOfTheDay View Post
    But please explain to me, how on God's green earth did A&M go from the "minor leagues" to the "big leagues" and improve from irrelevant/average to Top 10 team in the SEC?

What that tells me is this. The SEC is like every other conference. They have 1 or 2 great teams, followed by a few solid, and then a bunch of bottom feeders. The SEC is not head and shoulders above the rest. The only thing I think they have an advantage over the rest of the country is football philosophy, the Big 12 is still meddling around with the spread while the SEC likes ground and pound/win with defense.

Imagine if Iowa State walked into the Big 10, lost conference games to Michigan and Penn State, but beat Ohio State. Would you be yelling that Iowa State is a vastly better team? Or would you recognize that the Big 10 is not as good?
    I already explained this. A&M was a 9 win team in '10 that beat OU, NU, and Texas and then came into '11 as a Top 10 team. They were favored in 12 of 13 games and had leads in 12 games. They just crapped the bed week after week with double digit leads. A new coach and a Heisman winner was all we needed to fix that problem, the fundamental talent was there and improving as A&M's recruiting classes have steadily gotten better the last few years.

The problem with your SEC hate is A&M is the exception, not the rule. Mizzou was a good team in the Big 12 last year and was a bottom feeder this year in spite of many people thinking they could compete in the "weaker" SEC East. It shows just how much A&M improved when we lost that game a year ago but this season we were up 42-0 in the 2nd Quarter on them before coasting to a nice W. You also have the examples of Arkansas and South Carolina that have been in the SEC for 20 years but neither has won it. Arkie especially had a history of championships in the SWC (back when the SWC was good).

As to how he can afford the seats it helps when you had a Granddaddy that did a lot of this:

Last edited by OrangeBlossom; December 21st, 2012 at 09:30 AM.

Is there an outhouse on top of that thing?
    The following users like this post: drspencer

SoonerBounce Guest

Originally Posted by aggressor View Post
    Prior to that pic being taken Lebron was interviewed on TV and said how he loved watching Johnny play and how he was bummed he didn't get a chance to meet him. Fortunately for him Johnny was cool with making some time for his fans.
    So that means lebron want to be him?

I for one am glad the sec didn't change you ****s. Still the same batshit crazy asshats

SoonerBounce Guest

So college kids can get into locker rooms now?

Originally Posted by TeLeFaWx View Post
    Lolz. We just had a ten win season in the hardest league on the planet, won the Heisman, and beat Bama in their house. We are going to cap it off by tearing a new on in to the Sooners and reinforce Big Game Bob's legacy. If we are average, what does that make you?
    I don't really know why I am even posting, I know that you are not very realistic in your assessment of your team or the SEC this season, but let's take a look at your schedule. You had three games against very good to great teams. You were 1-2 in those games. You gave up 57 to La Tech (granted one of the best offenses in the land). Auburn and Arkansas have the worst teams they have fielded in over 30 years. You didn't play Georgia or South Carolina (the other "Out of this world" teams in the SEC.

So let's look at it realistically. The win over Alabama was huge. Huge. Huge. It won manziel the heisman. People can say it was his stats, but it was this game. If he loses to florida in november, he doesn't win. I'm not taking anything away from either that win or your season. But everyone agrees that the SEC was down this year. Yes you have 20 top 10 teams, but you have more teams with losing records in conference play as well. And with the new conf scheduling you get to miss out on playing most of the teams on the other side of the conference. So this year, the SEC was not "the hardest league on the planet." If you talk to true SEC fans (i.e. not A&M fans) they would agree with you. The SEC was very top heavy this year, and everyone else was terrible.

Then here is a realistic picture of the OU season (at least my opinion). OU is a good team, not a great team. The way our schedule worked out kind of wore us down as the year went on. There were no byes late in the season or even cupcakes. I could tell our defense was getting worn out. Not excuses, just what I saw on the field (not TV...you don't see it all in between plays, etc.). So I think our teams are pretty evenly matched. And it should be a great game. But of course, you never know with bowl games. I think both teams are highly motivated. I might give ou an edge in motivation because they feel a bit slighted by the BCS and they don't feel like they accomplished their goals this year. This season was not a success for OU. A&M seems like they feel they overachieved this year. No one expected them to win 10 games or a heisman...or no way would they beat alabama. So they see this season as a huge success. Who knows. it will be interesting.

You can actually have intelligent discussions on a message board, but don't be such an **** and just spout of stuff that is way over the top like you guys have been the shit for 30 years. It's the best season you have had since when, winning the big 12 in the mid 90's. Enjoy it, talk about, discuss it. and promise to come back to the board after the game when you lose (you don't have to promise if you win, it is guaranteed you will be back if that happens) but this is all too familiar behavior. Talk talk talk and then we never hear from the ****s after they lose.

This was way too long.
    5 users like soonerker's post: drspencer, greenfacedman, McRib, SpankyNek, TheKing

Originally Posted by soonerker View Post
    I don't really know why I am even posting, I know that you are not very realistic in your assessment of your team or the SEC this season, but let's take a look at your schedule. You had three games against very good to great teams. You were 1-2 in those games. You gave up 57 to La Tech (granted one of the best offenses in the land). Auburn and Arkansas have the worst teams they have fielded in over 30 years. You didn't play Georgia or South Carolina (the other "Out of this world" teams in the SEC.

So let's look at it realistically. The win over Alabama was huge. Huge. Huge. It won manziel the heisman. People can say it was his stats, but it was this game. If he loses to florida in november, he doesn't win. I'm not taking anything away from either that win or your season. But everyone agrees that the SEC was down this year. Yes you have 20 top 10 teams, but you have more teams with losing records in conference play as well. And with the new conf scheduling you get to miss out on playing most of the teams on the other side of the conference. So this year, the SEC was not "the hardest league on the planet." If you talk to true SEC fans (i.e. not A&M fans) they would agree with you. The SEC was very top heavy this year, and everyone else was terrible.

Then here is a realistic picture of the OU season (at least my opinion). OU is a good team, not a great team. The way our schedule worked out kind of wore us down as the year went on. There were no byes late in the season or even cupcakes. I could tell our defense was getting worn out. Not excuses, just what I saw on the field (not TV...you don't see it all in between plays, etc.). So I think our teams are pretty evenly matched. And it should be a great game. But of course, you never know with bowl games. I think both teams are highly motivated. I might give ou an edge in motivation because they feel a bit slighted by the BCS and they don't feel like they accomplished their goals this year. This season was not a success for OU. A&M seems like they feel they overachieved this year. No one expected them to win 10 games or a heisman...or no way would they beat alabama. So they see this season as a huge success. Who knows. it will be interesting.

You can actually have intelligent discussions on a message board, but don't be such an **** and just spout of stuff that is way over the top like you guys have been the shit for 30 years. It's the best season you have had since when, winning the big 12 in the mid 90's. Enjoy it, talk about, discuss it. and promise to come back to the board after the game when you lose (you don't have to promise if you win, it is guaranteed you will be back if that happens) but this is all too familiar behavior. Talk talk talk and then we never hear from the ****s after they lose.

This was way too long.
    At what point did I claim we've been the shit for 30 years? You're literally making things up. A&M had a great season this year. A far better one than OU. Deal with it.

At what point did I claim we've been the shit for 30 years? You're literally making things up. A&M had a great season this year. A far better one than OU. Deal with it.
    Alabama had a better season than A&M.

Classifying your season as "great" is a keen reflection of the mediocrity that is EATME football.

This was way too long.

Also I don't understand why OU feels so slighted by the BCS. There are 4 teams in the SEC ranked higher that had a better season than OU. You're not even a top 10 team. Why is the BCS warranted if you couldn't even finish top 10 in a crappy conference? It literally makes no sense to me.

So Okie Light is older and larger than OU that is even head to head over the last 35 years with you? Does OU have virtually every tradition as a copycat from their fight song to their hex rally to their hand signal because of something Okie Light does as well? Damn, learn something new every day!
    Wut???? Instead of narrowing it down to 35 years, lets look at all-time history. A&M has no tradition as far as multiple NC's. Their rival doesn't even consider them a rival. They would rather lose 11 games as long as their one win was against UT. Sounds familiar to OU fans. YOU ARE OKIE ST. A&M will never be as well-known as UT just like OSU will never be in the same class as OU. Period. Quit acting like your school is a traditional power. Hell, Yale has more reason to brag than you losers.

I bet you used to hold a sword to protect your stupid grass. Aggie.

You Aggies should have just stopped talking when you were a little bit ahead.
    The following users like this post: ArmySooner

Deal with this Aggie!! **** u!!

SEC is figuring out what the big 12 has known for awhile now. Spread offenses are hard to play against when you only have a week to prepare. But make no mistake about it moron, OU's defense is designed to defend spread offenses. And it will be alot easier to defend it when you have a month to prepare. Manziel will get his rushing yards. But He will struggle badly throwing it. And OU's offense will put more points on the board unless Landry throws a pick 6 we win by 10.

Also I don't understand why OU feels so slighted by the BCS. There are 4 teams in the SEC ranked higher that had a better season than OU. You're not even a top 10 team. Why is the BCS warranted if you couldn't even finish top 10 in a crappy conference? It literally makes no sense to me.
    And you know why they are ranked higher???? ESPN sucks their ****s. Most of the national media is convinced the SEC is another division of the NFL. Every year when the polls come out, SEC teams get the benefit of the doubt and will always be over-ranked. I would say lets look at the bowl results this year to see how good the SEC is but most of their schools are playing chumps. So let's narrow it down to two games: the BCS championship and OU/A&M. If the SEC gets swept in these games, come back and tell us again how great the SEC is.

A&M beat 4 team that are playing in bowls, 1 being a great win. OU beat 7 teams going to bowls, no wins that would be classified as great.

It has long been shown that the SEC gets an undeserved "boost" in the extremely flawed and subjective human polls. For a more realistic picture of who is "better" look at the objective computer polls. In a composite ranking of 6 objective computer polls, OU ranks 9 and A&M ranks 10.

We could go back and forth with this shit all day, but the wonderful thing is that we get to play your fake military, dog saluting asses in 2 weeks. Make sure you come back and are active participants after the game.

Originally Posted by mexican/ninja View Post
    Wut???? Instead of narrowing it down to 35 years, lets look at all-time history. A&M has no tradition as far as multiple NC's. Their rival doesn't even consider them a rival. They would rather lose 11 games as long as their one win was against UT. Sounds familiar to OU fans. YOU ARE OKIE ST. A&M will never be as well-known as UT just like OSU will never be in the same class as OU. Period. Quit acting like your school is a traditional power. Hell, Yale has more reason to brag than you losers.

I bet you used to hold a sword to protect your stupid grass. Aggie.
    Yes, all we care about is beating Texas. That's why we left the Big 12. It is also why we fired Fran on the same night he had beaten Texas for the 2nd consecutive year.

The 35 year thing has to do with scholarship limitations finally being in force as well as A&M finally being a coed school where the Corps was a minority of the student body. Texas rolled up a ton of W's post WWII when they had 3 times the amount of players we did on scholly, good for them. I would bet a majority of the posters on this board weren't even alive then. A&M is still a Top 20 All Time Winning program and will likely be Top 15 after next year. That's not OU or Texas but it doesn't suck and it certainly isn't Okie Light.

Okie Light can't compete with OU in any way. If OU wasn't there to help them they would likely be in the WAC or some other crap conference. A&M chose to go to the SEC but could have gone to any conference we wished as we have everything conferences crave from AAU membership to a Top 10 AD to massive resources and fanbase. A&M can go toe to toe with Texas in almost every category now, some things we are stronger at and some things they still are. Nationally though there are very few schools with the resources that A&M has at its disposal now though. In 5 years it will be far more dramatic.

Yes, A&M sucked in the '00s. A&M also sucked after WWII. What matters though is the future and A&M is positioned to be a true powerhouse going forward.

so manziel is at houston rockets game and then a couple of nights later is sitting court side at heat/mavericks...can you say extra benefits? how does this work exactly? as long as any other college student has access...no special treatment than any college student would not receive? right. this makes sense. just curious is all.
    Don't forget Dec 2nd he was sitting in a suite at the Cowboy/Eagles game. SEC pays well.

To our new aggy posters:

When ranking the most delusional fanbases in America would you put aTm #1 just ahead of Arkansas, aTm #2 just behind Arkansas, or put aTm and Arkansas tied for the most delusional fanbase?

This is usually an off season debate I see on this board and it always comes down to these two. I figured since you were here you could go ahead and give us the correct order.

Classifying your season as "great" is a keen reflection of the mediocrity that is EATME football.

Originally Posted by auggie slippenstone View Post
    A&M beat 4 team that are playing in bowls, 1 being a great win. OU beat 7 teams going to bowls, no wins that would be classified as great.

It has long been shown that the SEC gets an undeserved "boost" in the extremely flawed and subjective human polls. For a more realistic picture of who is "better" look at the objective computer polls. In a composite ranking of 6 objective computer polls, OU ranks 9 and A&M ranks 10.

We could go back and forth with this shit all day, but the wonderful thing is that we get to play your fake military, dog saluting asses in 2 weeks. Make sure you come back and are active participants after the game.
    All I know is that the SEC's record in BCS games is far better than OU's. Another Fiesta flop against a mid major, or getting rolled in the title game and my eyes will start bleeding.

And you know why they are ranked higher???? ESPN sucks their ****s. Most of the national media is convinced the SEC is another division of the NFL. Every year when the polls come out, SEC teams get the benefit of the doubt and will always be over-ranked. I would say lets look at the bowl results this year to see how good the SEC is but most of their schools are playing chumps. So let's narrow it down to two games: the BCS championship and OU/A&M. If the SEC gets swept in these games, come back and tell us again how great the SEC is.
    No they are ranked higher because they all beat good teams. OU fell on it's face against the only good teams it faced(at home no less) and has been giving up 50 points left and right to spare 7-5 teams. You're not ranked as high as 6 SEC teams... because you are worse than all of them.

No they are ranked higher because they all beat good teams. OU fell on it's face against the only good teams it faced(at home no less) and has been giving up 50 points left and right to spare 7-5 teams. You're not ranked as high as 6 SEC teams... because you are worse than all of them.
    OU didn't give up 50 to anyone...can aTm say the same?

Will someone please tell me wtf is a cadet????

Trolls being trolls...who cares what Aggie fans have to say. OU fans know what it means to be a champion, Aggie fans don't know what that is so they are excited about a Heisman winner (deservedly so) and a chance to play a bowl game against modern football's greatest team. Don't hold it against them.

Actually SEC teams are highly rated because they have won 6 straight NC's, they have done very well in big OOC matchups, and they have done very well in bowl games in recent years. They also have dominated recruiting rankings, players drafted into the NFL, TV ratings, and revenue.

Does the SEC get a lot of love and hype? Absolutely, they also have done the most to earn that hype.

Dear new Aggie posters: what is your affiliation with the university? Fan, student, former student, alum, parent of student, Rough Collie owner, or family member of alum?
    The following users like this post: Mississippi Sooner

Originally Posted by McRib View Post
    Dear new Aggie posters: what is your affiliation with the university? Fan, student, former student, alum, parent of student, Rough Collie owner, or family member of alum?
    It's for a longitudinal study.
    The following users like this post: McRib

And I'm curious what we're dealing with.

SoonerBounce Guest

Lol. Are you conference champs? Are you going to a bcs bowl? Your loses ate worse than ours are.

A can see if you think it's true but it's not way better

SoonerBounce Guest

Bc we lost to the number one and five teams and the big 12 only got one bcs game

2nd Generation Aggie Alum.

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post
    Lol. Are you conference champs? Are you going to a bcs bowl? Your loses ate worse than ours are.

And boy our losses can eat, let me tell you.

2nd Generation Aggie Alum.
    Alright. Carry on.

Originally Posted by SoonerBounce View Post

Florida and LSU >>>>> K-State and Notre Dame.

And again, I'm so glad my loyalty lies with one school instead of an entire conference. I will never, ever root for Texas or OSU to win a bowl game just so I can brag that my conference is the best. I don't give a rat's ass about the rest of the conference, and I can't imagine what a crushing amount of insecurity one must carry in order to justify loyalty to a league on par with an individual team.

Our team is mediocre, but our conference rocks! Yay us!

Florida and LSU >>>>> K-State and Notre Dame.
    Florida is not great..a blocked punt saved them the most embarrassing loss of the year.
    LSU is below average offense with an above average offense.

Former Student. I was fortunate enough to graduate from the greatest University on the planet. But I gladly embrace anyone that wears maroon and white and embodies the Aggie Spirit.

Why am I on Landthieves? Mother was a Sooner. Tri delta, everyone else has(so was my grandma, her dad brought the stock yards to OKC, mother was one of the first people to go to Heritage Hall cuz my grandpa was a weeee bit racist, jokes on him though, momma married a Mexican half breed). Another aunt was a Tri-Delt on the other side. Dad from Shawnee, went to North Central State. Uncle was an All-American Sooner that won back to back under Switzer. They are still good friends(as much as you can be with that slime ball). Aunt played tennis for OU. Another aunt and uncle played tennis for OSU. And there are too many other relatives to count. And now working in the O&G industry I spend even more time north of the red river than I did when I was a child.

All I can say is that I've seen plenty of Oklahoma football. I've been to many many many games growing up, and I'm old enough to have seen the 51-7 ass pounding Texas A&M delivered in Norman.

All that being said, OU sucks, thanks and gig em.

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Florida is not great..a blocked punt saved them the most embarrassing loss of the year.
    LSU is below average offense with an above average offense.

You can say all these things, but OU hasn't had a single impressive win. Your defense is swiss cheese, and your offense stalled against the only teams that had a defense with a pulse.

Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    And again, I'm so glad my loyalty lies with one school instead of an entire conference. I will never, ever root for Texas or OSU to win a bowl game just so I can brag that my conference is the best. I don't give a rat's ass about the rest of the conference, and I can't imagine what a crushing amount of insecurity one must carry in order to justify loyalty to a league on par with an individual team.

Our team is mediocre, but our conference rocks! Yay us!
    If you want to view it that way, you can, but if LSU, Florida, and Alabama all do well in their bowl games, it makes our season much more impressive, and begs recruits to play in a dominant league. Conference prestige means something, and to be the best you gotta play the best. You can have an easy, defeatist attitude if you want, but that is your loss.

Former Student. I was fortunate enough to graduate from the greatest University on the planet. But I gladly embrace anyone that wears maroon and white and embodies the Aggie Spirit.

Why am I on Landthieves? Mother was a Sooner. Tri delta, everyone else has(so was my grandma, her dad brought the stock yards to OKC, mother was one of the first people to go to Heritage Hall cuz my grandpa was a weeee bit racist, jokes on him though, momma married a Mexican half breed). Another aunt was a Tri-Delt on the other side. Dad from Shawnee, went to North Central State. Uncle was an All-American Sooner that won back to back under Switzer. They are still good friends(as much as you can be with that slime ball). Aunt played tennis for OU. Another aunt and uncle played tennis for OSU. And there are too many other relatives to count. And now working in the O&G industry I spend even more time north of the red river than I did when I was a child.

All I can say is that I've seen plenty of Oklahoma football. I've been to many many many games growing up, and I'm old enough to have seen the 51-7 ass pounding Texas A&M delivered in Norman.

All that being said, OU sucks, thanks and gig em.
    All due respect, but if you were on this board because so many of your family members are Sooners, you would have joined a long time before December 6. Methinks the bowl might have something to do with it... Ya might as well admit that.

And if you graduated from "the greatest University on the planet", then you're a Sooner.

If you want to view it that way, you can, but if LSU, Florida, and Alabama all do well in their bowl games, it makes our season much more impressive, and begs recruits to play in a dominant league. Conference prestige means something, and to be the best you gotta play the best. You can have an easy, defeatist attitude if you want, but that is your loss.
    If you want to play the best you have to pay the best

You can say all these things, but OU hasn't had a single impressive win.
    We still won't have one after we beat you in Dallas.

Yes, all we care about is beating Texas. That's why we left the Big 12. It is also why we fired Fran on the same night he had beaten Texas for the 2nd consecutive year.

The 35 year thing has to do with scholarship limitations finally being in force as well as A&M finally being a coed school where the Corps was a minority of the student body. Texas rolled up a ton of W's post WWII when they had 3 times the amount of players we did on scholly, good for them. I would bet a majority of the posters on this board weren't even alive then. A&M is still a Top 20 All Time Winning program and will likely be Top 15 after next year. That's not OU or Texas but it doesn't suck and it certainly isn't Okie Light.

Okie Light can't compete with OU in any way. If OU wasn't there to help them they would likely be in the WAC or some other crap conference. A&M chose to go to the SEC but could have gone to any conference we wished as we have everything conferences crave from AAU membership to a Top 10 AD to massive resources and fanbase. A&M can go toe to toe with Texas in almost every category now, some things we are stronger at and some things they still are. Nationally though there are very few schools with the resources that A&M has at its disposal now though. In 5 years it will be far more dramatic.

Yes, A&M sucked in the '00s. A&M also sucked after WWII. What matters though is the future and A&M is positioned to be a true powerhouse going forward.
    ^This...you moron Okies need to read this right here. This is what it is all about. Nobody cares about the past so stop bringing it up. It's all about the future, and from this point and beyond A&M will be more relevant than OU, period. I'd much rather be a fan of A&M right now. Plus, the fact that it is in Texas alone makes it better because everyone knows that Oklahoma is a shitty state.

All due respect, but if you were on this board because so many of your family members are Sooners, you would have joined a long time before December 6. Methinks the bowl might have something to do with it... Ya might as well admit that.

And if you graduated from "the greatest University on the planet", then you're a Sooner.
    I mean my football forum membership is centered around TexAgs/SECrant. I lurked until the Justin Manning meltdown.

Last edited by OrangeBlossom; December 21st, 2012 at 06:26 PM.

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    If you want to play the best you have to pay the best
    Big Red's agrees, so does Ryan Broyles gas card. Also, I know first hand how Adrian Peterson was treated while in Norman. It is what it is. The SEC is no different than OU. Deal with it.

Originally Posted by thankyoucomeagain View Post
    ^This...you moron Okies need to read this right here. This is what it is all about. Nobody cares about the past so stop bringing it up. It's all about the future, and from this point and beyond A&M will be more relevant than OU, period. I'd much rather be a fan of A&M right now. Plus, the fact that it is in Texas alone makes it better because everyone knows that Oklahoma is a shitty state.
    Get the **** outta here.

Looks like the troll population is going to be exploding over the next couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by thankyoucomeagain View Post
    Nobody cares about the past so stop bringing it up.
    Apparently your university does...

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.UNShY7-9Kc0

I mean my football forum membership is centered around TexAgs/SECrant. I lurked until the Justin Manning meltdown.
    I see. Well, like someone said earlier, you can enjoy spirited discussion without being a shitbag, and come back after we beat you I have been to a lot of Aggie games and bonfires and whatever in my life, and still remain civil