Beginning of the end for Saban?

Posted 582 day(s) ago 2778 Views 35 Replies
    vCash

Does anyone else thinks ND can win. Lets see how Saban faces adversity. If he loses and goes 9-3 next year, does he jump ship. (yes I have been drinking but serious....damn Mayans.

Alabama's secondary is pretty weak this year. I think that Notre Dame wins, but I don't think it's the "beginning of the end" for Alabama. Will they continue to win 11-12 games a season? No. Alabama will eventually fall back to 10-2 and 9-3 with the occasional NC Game appearance. College football is constantly changing. Different teams dominate different periods of time (Oklahoma in the early 2000's, USC in the mid 2000's, Alabama since 2009). Another team will step up and seem unbeatable for about 2-4 years and we'll wonder if they're ever going to come back to earth, but they will. They always do.

Yahoo has an article considering if Saban is about to head to the NFL with the Cleveland Browns.

vCash

As a Sooner living in Alabama... Their recruiting is ridiculous..... They are going nowhere. However, just read an article about athletes in college taking steroids.... Bama fits the profile all too well... Just sayin

vCash

Bama is doing something "fishy" to help win. One can not spell secrets without SEC.

he will go away when he gets tired of kicking everyone else's ass or gets caught doing something naughty
    2 users like willie's post: boomermagic, boomersooner53

Originally Posted by DHF View Post
    Alabama's secondary is pretty weak this year. I think that Notre Dame wins, but I don't think it's the "beginning of the end" for Alabama. Will they continue to win 11-12 games a season? No. Alabama will eventually fall back to 10-2 and 9-3 with the occasional NC Game appearance. College football is constantly changing. Different teams dominate different periods of time (Oklahoma in the early 2000's, USC in the mid 2000's, Alabama since 2009). Another team will step up and seem unbeatable for about 2-4 years and we'll wonder if they're ever going to come back to earth, but they will. They always do.
    Have faith. Alabama has the right stuff to beat the Dame of Notre.

Irish win

vCash

Irish win, too much "team of destiny" riding on their shoulders to lose. Kind of reminds me of 2000

And Alabama/Saban will be great as long as the SEC/NCAA allows him to over sign

vCash

This ND teams reminds me a little of the OU team of 2000. I think the loss of so many experienced players on Offense and Defense will relegate them to an average team next year. This is just one of those special years for them when team chemistry comes together. I don't like either team in the NC game this year, but I will begrudgingly root for ND.

vCash

I think this entire thread makes me want to take a hot carl on it.
    I can't even believe I am also comparing this ND team to something we were 12 fkg years ago.
    And saban will win as much as he wants, whereever he wants. Except in Clevelend where they suck ass. Alabama became the juggernaut we need to become.Bama wins it btw.

Your out of your ****ing mnid if you think Saban, whose 11 million dollar home is up for sale so he can move to a new lot down the lake, is going anywhere. He commands about 10 million a year in salary and all that other shit he gets.I wonder if the players lose focus and worry about what other teams are doing as much as Sooner fans do.
    **** Alabama, LSU and the whole SEC We are Oklahoma We need to get our shit in gear, blow A&M out of the water, finish about 7 in recruting and go FULL BOAR after the title next year. Oh and flip Manning one big **** YOU BIRD as we walk out the stadium.
    The following users like this post: boomermagic

vCash

Originally Posted by jakel View Post
    I think this entire thread makes me want to take a hot carl on it.
    I can't even believe I am also comparing this ND team to something we were 12 fkg years ago.
    And saban will win as much as he wants, whereever he wants. Except in Clevelend where they suck ass. Alabama became the juggernaut we need to become.Bama wins it btw.
    He didn't win in Miami. He can't have built in advantages in the NFL.

As for the game, I think Notre Dame wins because they stop the run. The two games teams stopped Bams's run game, they lost and should have lost.

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    Does anyone else thinks ND can win. Lets see how Saban faces adversity. If he loses and goes 9-3 next year, does he jump ship. (yes I have been drinking but serious....damn Mayans.
    Is your name brian?

Your looking at a first time ever potential 4 NC title winner, the guy is doing something right and his program is clean (so far).
    You plug him in say, Denver, Dallas and give him full control which he did not have previously in the NFL and he will compete.

Originally Posted by JrsySooner View Post
    Your looking at a first time ever potential 4 NC title winner, the guy is doing something right and his program is clean (so far).
    You plug him in say, Denver, Dallas and give him full control which he did not have previously in the NFL and he will compete.
    Hell I'm currently looking at the only 3 NC title winner. And I would love to see him compete with any team in the NFL.

vCash

Re: Beginning of the end for Saban?

Wtf? Notre dame reminds who of 2000 OU? That OU team kicked some major ass across the college landscape. Notre dame has played a gimpy schedule and still needed crooked refs along the way. Team of destiny my ass. ROLL TIDE!!!

Fvckin it live via tapatalk dos
    3 users like Turk's post: boomermagic, Jestermonkey, madillsoonerfan5353

vCash

ND wins outright and it won't be close. Over by halftime.

Originally Posted by barlowd View Post
    yeah you must be ****ed up...if he gets killed bama loves him for life

vCash

If Saban leaves for the NFL I think that's more a sign that NCAA is coming after Bama. Kinda like Carrol with SC. I haven't seen anything lately, but a few months ago I read something that said the NCAA was starting to poke around Bama. If they are starting to investigate them I see him jumping ship immediately.
    The following users like this post: BajaOklahoma

vCash

If you truly think that program is clean, I've got a business opportunity to talk to you about. Very small investment.

vCash

I hope ND ****s them up. Put an end to this sec shit. Tired of it. I actually hope the sec lose all of their bowl games after seeing that write up on espn.

vCash

Regardless of what Bama does in this game or over the next few seasons, anyone who thinks Saban lives for anything other than Nick Saban just hasn't paid close attention. It makes me laugh a little inside when the Roll Tide folks act like he's the second coming of Bear. He might stay there until he's 75, but it shouldn't surprise anyone if he suddenly gets bored and chases off after another rainbow.

I don't understand why everyone is so butt-hurt about the SEC over signing!? It's not against any rules as far as the NCAA is concerned, I'm more butt-hurt that OU hasn't started to do it! Championships talk and everything else walks!

vCash

Originally Posted by madillsoonerfan5353 View Post
    I don't understand why everyone is so butt-hurt about the SEC over signing!? It's not against any rules as far as the NCAA is concerned, I'm more butt-hurt that OU hasn't started to do it! Championships talk and everything else walks!
    My thing isn't that as much as I thought the SEC had schollies per year limits but A&M have around 34 commits. What is that about?

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to basically cut someone or pull schollys in order for this to work? If so, it comes down to ethical values.

vCash

Originally Posted by RockFlagandEagle View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to basically cut someone or pull schollys in order for this to work? If so, it comes down to ethical values.
    And that's why Stoops would not so it-ethics. Saban does not care about anything other than winning and getting paid. He couldn't do that shit in the NFL thus he did not succeed. Blake and Schnellenberger would have done it

Blake could recruit players that had drive and determination to win championships, he just couldn't coach them to it. I get the ethics part, Stoops loyalty to everyone in his program could be his downfall. He's only fired one coach that I remember, and there's a reason no other teams have be picking our staff for coach like they did the first part of the 2000's. If you can't beat em join em, or stop ****ing when we go 10-2 or 9-3 and lose to multiple td underdogs at home for the first time in 6 years. Obviously we can't have our cake and eat it too. Just my .02 cents

Just because you haven't been caught, doesn't mean your clean. Guilty until proven innocent!

Your out of your ****ing mnid if you think Saban, whose 11 million dollar home is up for sale so he can move to a new lot down the lake, is going anywhere. He commands about 10 million a year in salary and all that other shit he gets.I wonder if the players lose focus and worry about what other teams are doing as much as Sooner fans do.
    **** Alabama, LSU and the whole SEC We are Oklahoma We need to get our shit in gear, blow A&M out of the water, finish about 7 in recruting and go FULL BOAR after the title next year. Oh and flip Manning one big **** YOU BIRD as we walk out the stadium.
    OU to go Arky?

vCash

Blake could recruit players that had drive and determination to win championships, he just couldn't coach them to it. I get the ethics part, Stoops loyalty to everyone in his program could be his downfall. He's only fired one coach that I remember, and there's a reason no other teams have be picking our staff for coach like they did the first part of the 2000's. If you can't beat em join em, or stop ****ing when we go 10-2 or 9-3 and lose to multiple td underdogs at home for the first time in 6 years. Obviously we can't have our cake and eat it too. Just my .02 cents
    what?

vCash

Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    Regardless of what Bama does in this game or over the next few seasons, anyone who thinks Saban lives for anything other than Nick Saban just hasn't paid close attention. It makes me laugh a little inside when the Roll Tide folks act like he's the second coming of Bear. He might stay there until he's 75, but it shouldn't surprise anyone if he suddenly gets bored and chases off after another rainbow.
    Nick won't go anywhere.. If he tried Bama would give him a couple more million and why not? The guy is a college football giant as far as head coaching.. He ain't going anywhere. ND is damn good but I wouldn't bet against Nick in the title game. He's the best in the business.

vCash

Originally Posted by zcaa0g View Post
    Just because you haven't been caught, doesn't mean your clean. Guilty until proven innocent!
    One thing for sure. Whatever Nick is doing is working.

vCash

Originally Posted by SoonerDick View Post
    This ND teams reminds me a little of the OU team of 2000. I think the loss of so many experienced players on Offense and Defense will relegate them to an average team next year. This is just one of those special years for them when team chemistry comes together. I don't like either team in the NC game this year, but I will begrudgingly root for ND.
    What so many players are you speaking of??? Their offense is only going to get better with EG and the young WR corp they have. As well as a stable of running backsk (not to mention they just got a commit from the best running back in the country and something like top ten player in the nation on ESPN's list. Also got a commit from the best LB in the nation as well.) Nix, probably the best nose tackle in the nation is returning as is tuitt. The secondary, will have their starters back from injury next year. BK has been recruiting his butt off since he got ther and most importly getting good defensive players. The future is bright my friend. Success begats success.

vCash

Originally Posted by boomermagic View Post
    One thing for sure. Whatever Nick is doing is working.
    And working a hell of lot better for him than it did at Michigan State, where his winning percentage was just 58% (34-24). Oh, and where over-signing was not allowed. But I'm sure that has nothing to do with it.
    The following users like this post: OKIRISHFAN

vCash

Wow, in what world is a fourth National Title opportunity the beginning of the end? Stoops would jizz his pants and hire his bartender as OC just for a second title.